Adit
The Galactico 10
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:11 pm

titosantill wrote:60 million's too much for gomez, 75 million for morata is insane, i don't want to believe there's someone out there willing to part with 75 million to sign....morata? morata's about a fifth of that price if you ask me. i won't mind selling for that price and investing that money elsewhere, i think the dilemma is where and for who?

i expected a vibrant market, but the market seems strange, guys who are top notch are not moving or are too expensive; the other talent available aren't all that. i can't believe we're really looking at coentrao for back up. an injury prone back up and an injury prone starter.

for anyone who followed juventus last season; did morata really have a good season to be associated with these transfer figures i'm hearing? cos (i hope i'm wrong on this) i don't see him doing anything magical here, and he could be sold for way less at the end of the season....you have to be desperate to consider paying that much for him. was he even a starter last season?

Some people are now saying that a player is only worth what the seller is asking and what the buyer is prepared to offer.

A statement that holds water within the banking system, but becomes nonsensical in reality. And as a result, you have strikers who aren't even good enough to start being highly touted for 75m, and a midfielder who's not even worth 60m being sold for twice that amount.

You said it perfectly, the top notch players are already in the big clubs and are unsellable, and the market is being inflated by unproven players.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:60 mil for Andre Gomes... you have to be joking Laughing  He's a mid-table level midfielder and nothing more ffs.

He is actually lesser than Illarramendi in terms of ability.

60 million for an excuse of a midfielder when there is a 50m euro Joao Mario who is not only better, but also can provide defensive boost to the midfield. I was impressed with Joao Mario's workrate for portugal. we could use such workrate to help Modric and Casemiro.

Perhaps Zidane sees something in him that we do not... We'll see.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Morata is indeed worth what we are willing to accept. But that offer is too high to be true, i know conte loves him but he is not going to make Chelsea spend 75 mil. Just as if it was true i have 0 doubts he would have been sold. Most likely the offers we got for him are not high enough to help us sign a better player on the crazy market we have now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:23 pm

60mill for Gomes is insanity 101. Somebody must have knocked Zizou over the head during the break
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:24 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:60 mil for Andre Gomes... you have to be joking Laughing  He's a mid-table level midfielder and nothing more ffs.

60 million for an excuse of a midfielder when there is a 50m euro Joao Mario who is not only better, but also can provide defensive boost to the midfield. I was impressed with Joao Mario's workrate for portugal. we could use such workrate to help Modric and Casemiro.

the problem is that you are talking out of your arae again after watching a few games in the euros.

If we go by euros performance we need to get rid of CR asap
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:28 pm

According to Cadena Ser Atleti want to swap Gimenez with Morata. Their obsession with Morata is unbelievable. They have wanted him since he got promoted from Castilla
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Dont forget he is a former atletico youth lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Considering they have a bid rejected for Higuain its not unnatural that they have bid for Morata. We wont sell him though. The market is so deprived of strikers now its unbelievable. Hacks like Bacca and Benteke are going for 30 million minimum, 28 year old Higuain has a 60 million plus two players bid rejected. Any one who can score goals will get you millions in todays market.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Atletico have been trying to sign Costa and its not working so they might have offered something for Morata. Just as Chelsea might have been waiting to sell Costa to go after Morata. Still a month or so left in this window.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:42 pm

He played for our B team alot longer than he did at Atleti. Maybe he is not like Carvajal but I would definitely class him as one of our own. When Atleti lets a guy go to Getafe B they don't really rate him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:04 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:He played for our B team alot longer than he did at Atleti. Maybe he is not like Carvajal but I would definitely class him as one of our own. When Atleti lets a guy go to Getafe B they don't really rate him

The man didn't even want to come back to Madrid lol
Wouldn't surprise me in the least
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

the problem is that you are talking out of your arse again after watching a few games in the euros.

If we go by euros performance we need to get rid of CR asap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY
Why don't you practice what you preach nick? Is this something that is extremely difficult for you to do? If it is, say so now as your own post betrays you. At least this time around you made it to two sentences instead of one so for that I congratulate you.

Real Madrid and Portugal NT are two very different teams. CR7 has much more superior supporting cast with Real Madrid to help unleash his game properly. I thought CR7 had a good tournament all things considered. What justification can one get from the EURO 2016 that suggests we need to get rid of CR7? I see none.

The EURO 2016 like its predecessors is one of the highest stages to perform in football. I said it before it began, stars or certain players who can stand out can be made there. Joao mario impressed me a great deal for portugal. If he could perform in the EURO, one of the highest levels of footy... why not can he perform here in madrid? Remember Toni Kroos didnt really establish himself till after that world cup triumph. that world cup was the reason we signed him. A wise decision that was.

Andre gomes impresses me not. He had a neat flash in the pan goal against us last season but beyond that, he is not needed. provides nothing that our current mids cannot already do nor has a performance that makes him stand out. Illarramendi is more talented but it is as I said many times before: Mental > Talent and with regards to this overrated 60m punk, we can do better with 60m euros and that is the problem. Dude isnt even the first sub for portugal, let alone the starting eleven. Moutinho is ahead of him in the sub order. Andre Gomes WAS starting in the beginning of the EURO 2016 but over time, lost his place and relegated to the bench. Was left on the bench for the final. Did you not watch the EURO 2016, nick? He ultimately was not good enough for Portugal toward the end. and if he's not good enough that Moutinho is ahead of him now... Is he even remotely good enough to be one of our backups? I reckon Zidane should consider giving one of our academy players a shot first. could use more spanish blood. Plus he has that son of his, Enzo. Zidane bloomed late, maybe the same with him.

Meanwhile, it seems Morata's place on the team is not understood and Morata wants clarification. wtf is going on at Real Madrid? we resigned him but not told him exactly where he stood? kek.

What a slow summer this has been. no urgency at Real Madrid. It seems like we're content with no backup for Casemiro. that is quite troubling. or maybe youth is the answer for that?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:18 pm

@Falcaopunch, Tbh he wasnt exactly treated very nicely when he was with us. I can understand the animosity and the scepticism. At this point he needs playing time which was absent from Mou's and Carlo's ditionaries but with Zizou he will get plenty of time
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:30 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:@Falcaopunch, Tbh he wasnt exactly treated very nicely when he was with us. I can understand the animosity and the scepticism. At this point he needs playing time which was absent from Mou's and Carlo's ditionaries but with Zizou he will get plenty of time

That is what we are all hoping for I think. We will see soon enough.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:54 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:He played for our B team alot longer than he did at Atleti. Maybe he is not like Carvajal but I would definitely class him as one of our own. When Atleti lets a guy go to Getafe B they don't really rate him

Lol, Nick probably considers Raul, Atlei too!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:02 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:@Falcaopunch, Tbh he wasnt exactly treated very nicely when he was with us. I can understand the animosity and the scepticism. At this point he needs playing time which was absent from Mou's and Carlo's ditionaries but with Zizou he will get plenty of time

Yup, spot on. This was what I was hinting at with my post. I'd very much like him to stay and get playing time. I just wouldn't be surprised if he considers Atletico an option.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:

That is what we are all hoping for I think. We will see soon enough.

I don't get the confusion surrounding this. Zidane in an interview after the buy back was exercised said, Morata will get plenty of action since he can play any of the forward positions and will be the perfect alternative to Jese who will be going out on loan!

Only reason for the delay, is Jese contract renewal. Should be all clarified in next couple of weeks.

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Fickle fans! Pogba coming upset most here as it might upset a starter (Kroos or Casemiro)

And now that they seem set on same starters, seems everyone is questioning possible backups as they don't seem good enough to start!

And most seem to question this Zidane idea of loaning out young talent that won't get a lot of minutes to allow them to get minutes and further develop.

With regard to Gomes, should the more appropriate question be is he a better, more developed backup than Kovacic!

With Morata, the appropriate questions should be is he a viable option to give Benz the relief that he so desperately needs and is he a better, more developed option as a multi purpose forward backup than Jese!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:31 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Fickle fans! Pogba coming upset most here as it might upset a starter (Kroos or Casemiro)

And now that they seem set on same starters, seems everyone is questioning possible backups as they don't seem good enough to start!

And most seem to question this Zidane idea of loaning out young talent that won't get a lot of minutes to allow them to get minutes and further develop.

With regard to Gomes, should the more appropriate question be is he a better, more developed backup than Kovacic!

With Morata, the appropriate questions should be is he a viable option to give Benz the relief that he so desperately needs and is he a better, more developed option as a multi purpose forward backup than Jese!

60 mil for a backup sounds legit
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Kovacic is a much better player then gomes. Like much better
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 am

any news on what we're planning to do with james? 80 million for a player who isn't deemed good enough to play in the ucl finals. zidane, a shrink, his wife, all need to sit that boy down and get him focused, with a possible transfer ban looming and us not really going into the market, i'm not sure a sale will be wise (even though i wanted us to sell him once the season was over) isco, i don't really care for, i still don't know what that guy's good at.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:38 am

Oh gosh i forgot abt those text walls

CR football wise was very average for portugal, certainly lookee nothing like "the best player in the world". Groezmann played far better as an example...

Euros were a shit show of compact teams playing not to concede. I have seen Gomes in more competitive games in club and to me he is comfortably better. And we sign Kroos based of his club form not world cup lol. James? World cup form, diff

I dont really care about what portugal did or how they played. If we go by that tournment logic what should we say about moussa sissoko lol.

You say Gomes brings nothing new? Tell me which madrid midfielder can power run through a CB like pepe and i mean run shoulder to shoulder push him aside and outrun him. Just dont tell me show me as well cause i have video evidence of Gomes bullying our midfielders. He is not perfect but to say that he does nothing better than our midfielders is lol. The guy singlehandily wrecked Isco kroos modric in la liga lol

I dont like the price but lets not make up stuff to downplay how good he is
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:32 am

So because he's a strong midfield who can tussle for the ball, we should rate him. I'm not saying he's bad, I don't think he's bad at all actually, but let's stop rating players based on their strength and physical ability. It gets tiring.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:08 am

Gomes isnt even the best midfielder at Valencia ffs. Parejo is and whatever Gomes does coming off the BENCH against our tired legs will never measure up to Parejo's performances against us and Barca. Gomes is this unproven, average midfielder Zizou suddenly got a fetish for. Imagine how slow our midfield will be with him. I don't think Kova is better atm as he is too immature but I'd rather hold on to him than splash our whole bloody budget on a 60mill back up
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:22 am

I am stealing this from another forum but this shows a nice comparison between Kova and Gomes.

Squawka-Gomes vs Kova

Now stats dont show the full story but that doesnt look like a player we should invest 60mill on
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Can you guys get it into your head, that we are looking for reserves. There are a couple of things pretty clear:

1. Zidane feels comfortable with the starters and given the Pogba matter is done, there are no changes to starters.

2. Although Zidane likes the entire squad and intends on using entire squad something his esteem predecessors did not, he feels it is best for the young talent not fully developed be loaned out to further develop by playing much more minutes than they will get here.

3. Club has been in no rush to make these reserve purchases, surprisingly not concerned about a possible transfer ban and giving the young talent a chance to strut their stuff before deciding definitely on the loans.

4. At the same time, the club is loaning out (or sales with buy backs) all talent, that could contribute to first team in next couple of years. This being a totally different approach for club. Castilla is being stripped of all near talent in an effort to have the loans at highest level of futbol to accelerate development. (As far as I can tell this is the possible signing ban strategy).

So the assumption, I am making is that as long as the new reserve is as good as the talent going out on loan, that is good enough regardless of what price the club has to pay. I also think that club feels it is never too late to find a reserve replacement and thus no rush (thinking here of LB and DM).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next