Adit
The Galactico 10
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Can you guys get it into your head, that we are looking for reserves. There are a couple of things pretty clear:

1. Zidane feels comfortable with the starters and given the Pogba matter is done, there are no changes to starters.

2. Although Zidane likes the entire squad and intends on using entire squad something his esteem predecessors did not, he feels it is best for the young talent not fully developed be loaned out to further develop by playing much more minutes than they will get here.

3. Club has been in no rush to make these reserve purchases, surprisingly not concerned about a possible transfer ban and giving the young talent a chance to strut their stuff before deciding definitely on the loans.

4. At the same time, the club is loaning out (or sales with buy backs) all talent, that could contribute to first team in next couple of years. This being a totally different approach for club. Castilla is being stripped of all near talent in an effort to have the loans at highest level of futbol to accelerate development. (As far as I can tell this is the possible signing ban strategy).

So the assumption, I am making is that as long as the new reserve is as good as the talent going out on loan, that is good enough regardless of what price the club has to pay. I also think that club feels it is never too late to find a reserve replacement and thus no rush (thinking here of LB and DM).

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:55 pm

Mayoral before his departure: my desire is to come back

Can't imagine what Wolfsburg feel about this lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:03 pm

Andre Gomes is set to leave Valencia this summer, with Real Madrid expected to pay between 60 and 65 million euros for the Portuguese player.[Marca]

I've never had a sip of alcohol in my whole life, but I think it's time to start now.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:08 pm

#ZidaneOut
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:26 pm

lol, valkyrja really? the fee is ridiculous, but we've made worse moves. zidane must really see something in him, or see him fitting with what he wants to do with the squad. my main problem, as has been my main problem with almost all our signings since like 2011 that have been at or above 30 million (except maybe modric) is the fee
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:31 pm

and when i talk about the fee, i know, its not coming out of my pocket, and we seem like a club that has endless finances, but it heaps so much pressure on these talents, and places enormous pressure on us when we go into the market. when you sign a player for these prices, they can't afford to get injured often or lounge on the bench. they need to play, win and prove their worth. and some athletes may just not be ready for that sort of pressure. plus, you splash 60 million on gomes, when you want to enter the market next time for a player still under contract, the selling club expects that since its madrid we might as well ask for something crazy. i bet if we went to atleti for arda turan they'd have asked for 75 million
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Why did we not just include Medran in this deal instead of selling him separately? It tells me that the decision for us to go after this guy was made recently and not something thought through properly.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Nothing wrong with looking for reserves but are we really gonna pay 60 mil for a "reserve" player in Gomes? That is as mental as it gets with this club. Mind you, I'm with Nick on this one, he is a good footballer, I know what I've seen but the price is just...ugh, madness.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:03 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Oh gosh i forgot abt those text walls
Like the one you're doing as well yes? kek.
CR football wise was very average for portugal, certainly lookee nothing like "the best player in the world". Groezmann played far better as an example...
Two words nick. Support. Cast.
Euros were a shit show of compact teams playing not to concede. I have seen Gomes in more competitive games in club and to me he is comfortably better. And we sign Kroos based of his club form not world cup lol. James? World cup form, diff
I do not care whether you dislike international footy tactics or not, such opinions do not diminish the stature and value of the competition. I thought France and Wales played very well. are you dismissing their efforts?

And no we most certainly did not sign Kroos for his club form. especially when he wasnt really doing so well for guardiola. sometimes he was on the bench. laughable. First ignorance on EURO 2016 and now Bayern? Nick, I already expected less but this is a new low even for you.
I dont really care about what portugal did or how they played. If we go by that tournment logic what should we say about moussa sissoko lol.
He did a very good job selling himself at least. or at best, he would be a waste on that incompetent called benitez as Sissoko played for newcastle.
You say Gomes brings nothing new? Tell me which madrid midfielder can power run through a CB like pepe and i mean run shoulder to shoulder push him aside and outrun him. Just dont tell me show me as well cause i have video evidence of Gomes bullying our midfielders.  He is not perfect but to say that he does nothing better than our midfielders is lol. The guy singlehandily wrecked Isco kroos modric in la liga lol
If Casemiro played like the b2b he used to be he can do just that. You don't even know the capabilities of our own players, do you? Pay more close attention to our games and maybe you will learn something.

Yes, under gary neville rekting our midfield for a noble 2-2 tie against the mighty disorganized benitez madrid whilst we saw red that game. and coming on as a sub against relatively tired legs in a losing effort of 3-2 which we won just coming off a tiresome 1-0 win against City that clearly showed tired legs despite our 3 goal lead come end of first half. such achievement that is. wow~, This argument is a joke, a farce. little substance. You're jesting at this point.

Finally, back on the first point. Since when did we need such to win titles? I dont recall us winning CL or la liga needing them and neither do Barcelona for that matter. Variety is nice but only if you do not sacrifice the key essentials.
I dont like the price but lets not make up stuff to downplay how good he is
Right back at ya, lets not make up bs to hype up some nobody. Youtube is not a good metric, nick. if youtube were legit, James and Isco would be automatic starters. and we both know why they aren't starting. a shame about isco as I had great hopes for him.

For 60m. There are better alternatives. Like this Joao Mario guy. Hell, Marchisio is good too, probably worth that much. But Andre Gomes? Thats not funny. Lass is free ffs and is infinitely better than all the above.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:10 pm

I'd rather pay 120m for a starter than 60m for a backup.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:29 pm

I don't think we are signing him as back up. Zidane is going to play Gomez-Kroos-Modric midfield imo. I don't like it but zidane is hell bent on playing aDM less formation it seems. Since club informed him Pogba is overrated he probably settled for Gomez who is also pretty physical B2B with less useless dribbles.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Rather have Pogba if we were to buy a starter. This guy's not good enough
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Gomes to start alongside Kroos and Modric Laughing lord have mercy on my soul. Snail fc players would be able to run faster than all those three combined. Total madness. Hope Valencia tell us to f off
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Apparently we have signed today Gabriel Jesus, 19 year old striker Brazilian phenom for 30M. Won't report until next summer staying in Brasil one season more including Olympics.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:54 pm

@hala valencia's in no position to tell anybody to f off. if the reports are true, 60 million? 60 million goes a long way to helping valencia who are working on their new stadium, and have a depleted team. if invested properly, this could go a long way in helping them get on their feet for a bit....they're not us who are turning down big money moves for.....morata (if the rumors are to be believed)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:54 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Gomes to start alongside Kroos and Modric Laughing lord have mercy on my soul. Snail fc players would be able to run faster than all those three combined. Total madness. Hope Valencia tell us to f off

We can now all relax my friend, he's been signed by Barça cheers

Various sources are saying it's at least 50 million euros.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:08 am

I think Perez will announce Pogba in the next few days
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:23 am

i doubt...there's a huge difference in this deal and a deal that's worth at least a hundred million pounds. for flo to hijack that, he'll either need to cough up an extremely foolish fee, or throw in so many add ons; which may appeal to juve but not to pogba's agent, and that matters a lot
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:26 am

Gomes to barca
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:36 am

rofl

No Kante, hazard, Pogba, Gomes.
So much for "stocking up" due to the transfer ban
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:27 am

@falcao, i'm actually very surprised. maybe they're confident in beating the accusations or zidane is really confident in the back ups he has. not sure i get it. it seems however, they're doing some thinking and not throwing money around recklessly OR since the summer's still early, they're planning a big move...who knows
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:24 am

There are multiple ways to strengthen the team without spending billions on the market. Cope is reporting that Madrid like Gomes but not above 50 millions and so barca swooped in and paid valencia what they wanted.

There are still some box to box players to be had on the market like Matuidi or Nainggolan who would provide a lot of help to oir depth, particularly Nainggolan. Not the end of the world
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:07 am

An outcome I welcome. Regardless, if there is one negative to take from this, it is that it seems we are certainly in no hurry to seek the transfer market for answers to our squad.

Well, I don't care for Andre Gomes so no loss for me. Nothing changes with regard to us. We still need to sign some peeps for cover or is it Zidane has deemed it the hour of the academy at last for the positions that need filling?

I hope for movement or clarification soon.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:07 am

I'd definitely take Matuidi or Nainggolan over Gomes, but I can't shake the feeling that RM swoop on Pogba.

Maybe not, probably not, but it all seems a bit too coincidental.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:21 am

Matuidi or Nainggolan make too much sense... So I don't expect it to happen.

I don't see pogba gone until we decide to get rid of james.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:42 am

People have talked about a Kroos/Pogba swap, but I don't see why a James/Pogba swap wouldn't benefit both parties.

Juve have enough CMs, James (in Turin and not Madrid) could really bring Juve to a new level Imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next