S
lucianomoggi
Luca
marottalad
rincon
27 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 2 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by S Thu May 26, 2016 10:37 am

Marotta wrote:“Morata? He’s becoming a champion, we’ll do everything possible to keep him in Turin.
“Real Madrid’s buy-back clause is like the Sword of Damacles, but we’ll meet with them after the Champions League final.

Marotta wrote:“Dani Alves? We’re talking about an important player, but he isn’t our property. We’ll see what we can do.

“Mascherano? These are media situations, but we don’t want to sell anyone from our defence unless Caceres leaves on a free transfer.

“At the moment, though, we haven’t done anything, I can’t confirm or deny it. And the same goes for [Andre] Gomes and [Miralem] Pjanic.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 2 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by Kaladin Thu May 26, 2016 3:44 pm

If Alves is official, then i have a hard time seeing MDS move to Juve, think Bayern might snap him since Carlo was adamant on him at Real
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu May 26, 2016 3:56 pm

ES wrote:If Alves is official, then i have a hard time seeing MDS move to Juve, think Bayern might snap him since Carlo was adamant on him at Real

True, True... We will be overload with wingbacks if we get him.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu May 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Alves is no dead wood, and is expected to come for free so why not ? If Cuadrado has to leave then this signign makes sense.

I'm not a big fan of De Sciglio but i would have prefer we get him instead of the brazilian.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Litchsteiner posts on his Instagram a pic of him that says:

"Un ciao a tutti i tifosi Juventini e Svizzeri dal Monte Tamaro.  Grazie mille per le grandissime emozioni che mi avete regalato in questi ultimi 5 anni. 5 anni e 5 scudetti sono tanta roba. Un abbraccio a tutti. Steph"

roughly:

Hello to all the Juve and Swiss fans from Monte Tamaro. A thousand thanks for the great emotions that you have given me in this last 5 years. 5 years and 5 scudetti are so great. A hug to all. Steph.

Is he hinting that he is leaving?
Letting go of Litchsteiner for Dani Alves is such a dumb move if true. I guess we could sign De Sciglio after all, but still... I'd much rather keep Litch than kick him out for Alves.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu May 26, 2016 7:27 pm

I'm alright with Lichtsteiner leaving. He gave 5 years, the first 3 of which were very good.

Never really rated him that highly to be honest, but respect is due

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 26, 2016 7:35 pm

All 5 years were great. One of the best RBs in the world during his time here. He embraced Juve more than most too.

Trading him for a RB who is even older, weak in defense, and clowns around picking fights with other teams is a poor choice. He would be a good asset as a WB, just not worth swapping for one of our core players. If Litch asks to move then its good and he should be allowed to go where he wants, otherwise its a bad move.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu May 26, 2016 8:32 pm

I was surprised with this message from Lichtsteiner tbh. If he wants to go, the door is open. One of the best RB we had recently... He literally solved the problems there since we had to test with Grygera to Sorenson to Motta... I hope that if Licht leaves, MDS would come.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu May 26, 2016 11:02 pm

Sad news Sad

If Litchsteiner flies off, then we've not improved much since we now need a backup RB that as a more complete profile.

As i said (have i said it or thought about saying it ? whatever...) I think it is important to buy folks that already have experience in Serie A.
A good name coming to my mind here is Dusan Basta of Lazio. Would be a great fit for our team.

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu May 26, 2016 11:32 pm

heffkzar wrote:Sad news Sad

If Litchsteiner flies off, then we've not improved much since we now need a backup RB that as a more complete profile.

As i said (have i said it or thought about saying it ? whatever...) I think it is important to buy folks that already have experience in Serie A.
A good name coming to my mind here is Dusan Basta of Lazio. Would be a great fit for our team.

How about Bruno Peres?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu May 26, 2016 11:57 pm

Aaaah i'm not sure about that. Since we now have Alves i don't like to have another player who plays more or less the same style of football. Would have prefered Peres than Alves tho :si:

The best scenario would be:

- 1 offensive minded RWB/RM
- 1 all-around (or defensive minded) RB

Caceres could do the job, but he leaves this summer isn't he ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri May 27, 2016 2:56 pm

I really wouldn't sell Lichtsteiner...
One of our most consistent performers...
If he does leave....I'd get Arthur Masuaku from Olympiakas...
He can play both RB & LB
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri May 27, 2016 7:39 pm

I'd stay away from Masuaku. Overrated pos who can't defend for shit.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri May 27, 2016 9:11 pm

If Lichsteiner actually leaves, that's kind of a big surprise. But he did post that kind-of goodbye picture on Instagram (like, official Insta), which is very strange as personally I've never seen any rumors linking him away. Also he has 1 more year left of his contract.

He was never the best, all-around RB, but he did give everything in literally every match, consistent and reliable player. It would be a shame to let him go especially without proper back-ups.

Also Caceres is 100% sure leaving, so that leaves us.. without a proper RB.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri May 27, 2016 9:27 pm

dronte wrote:If Lichsteiner actually leaves, that's kind of a big surprise. But he did post that kind-of goodbye picture on Instagram (like, official Insta), which is very strange as personally I've never seen any rumors linking him away. Also he has 1 more year left of his contract.

He was never the best, all-around RB, but he did give everything in literally every match, consistent and reliable player. It would be a shame to let him go especially without proper back-ups.

Also Caceres is 100% sure leaving, so that leaves us.. without a proper RB.

It's still May, more than enough time to sign a replacement- this should not even be a concern. We must trust the management here.

It could be that Allegri believes Lichtsteiner will no longer be first choice and this is something that the player does not accept. It could be because Lichtsteiner wants a new challenge. It could be that Lichtsteiner actually ends up staying.

Some of these posts though... we really going into panic mode because of this?
I guess I'm the only one who didn't rate Lichtsteiner that highly, loyal servant and good player though, just nowhere near irreplaceable in my mind

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri May 27, 2016 11:58 pm

I think most fans are disappointed -much more than nervous for the future- about his departure. Clearly a fan favourite, never came back in the locker room with a dry shirt.

He kind of symbolizes the recent blast of success we had since 2011, like the other ones who came that summer (Vidal, Pirlo). Dunno if y'all agree with me ?

As you said there are still many months to pass until 16-17 season start, I don't worry that much, but it is important that the right choices are made.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat May 28, 2016 1:17 am

He does symbolize the success of that the 2011 group ushered in, but notice how the players you mentioned- Pirlo and Vidal, have both since moved on and we've only improved in the process

Putting our starting 11 on paper:

Mandzukic-Dybala
Evra-Pogba-Marchisio-Khedira-Lichtsteiner
Chiellini-Bonucci-Barzagli
Buffon

Is Lichtsteiner in the RWB spot not the weakest of that 11? Trying to improve that position seems reasonable enough. Him leaving, odds are is his decision and I believe, being the competitor he is, he is deciding to leave knowing he won't be first choice if someone like Alves is signed (hypothetically speaking on his departure and another's arrival).

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 28, 2016 1:26 am

Evra is the weakest in that 11 (not that he isn't awesome). Evra last season was amazing, this season he showed his age. Litch put in a good shift, came back after heart surgery running just as much.

The problem is not him on the bench or him leaving, is the fact that (hypothetically speaking) it is ushered by signing of an older player with a personality like Alves.

Selling your tried and tested veteran for an older veteran who doesn't represent the club is never a good choice.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 28, 2016 1:30 am

For example.

If we end up with Litch + De Sciglio its good. If we end up with Litch + Alves its good. If we end up with Alves + De Sciglio whats the point?

We let go of our player cause he is old, signed an older player with higher wages, and STILL spent money on the position? bad business.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat May 28, 2016 1:37 am

Well I had a small accident, everything is ok. I am here now Smile

Dani Alves is a world class back, we need him, if he is for free sign him. He has great dribbling, passes, vision and shot. He is the guy who assisted Messi the most. He has 2 more seasons in him, he would be great option to have, a big plus is that he can kind of play on the wing like Sandro can.

Mascherano? I would chop off my hands and legs to sponsor Juve to sign him. World class DM, that woul give us stability, experience and will to win. True warrior, plus it would allow Marchisio to go back to box to box position, would insanely increase our quality in the depth on the bench - Khedira, Lemina, Sturaro, Pereyra.

Also one of Asamoah/Pereyra will leave or both.

This would allow us to save enough money for a CM (Pjanic, Gomes) or trequartista + striker if Morata leaves.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat May 28, 2016 1:39 am

rincon wrote:Evra is the weakest in that 11 (not that he isn't awesome). Evra last season was amazing, this season he showed his age. Litch put in a good shift, came back after heart surgery running just as much.

The problem is not him on the bench or him leaving, is the fact that (hypothetically speaking) it is ushered by signing of an older player with a personality like Alves.

Selling your tried and tested veteran for an older veteran who doesn't represent the club is never a good choice.

He can and would catch a breather. 3-5-2 with Alves on the right and Sandro on the left is amazing and dangerous.

Lets be honest, Licht is great player but imo Alves > Licht when attack is concerned.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat May 28, 2016 1:39 am

Agreed about that: Alves will surely be Allegri's first choice.

Would have like Lichts to stay for the reasons I stated earlier. But if he decides to go, then lets move on and replace him with someone who has about the same style of play. Alves is average at defending and never played in Serie A before.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat May 28, 2016 1:45 am

heffkzar wrote:Agreed about that: Alves will surely be Allegri's first choice.

Would have like Lichts to stay for the reasons I stated earlier. But if he decides to go, then lets move on and replace him with someone who has about the same style of play. Alves is average at defending and never played in Serie A before.

It would be insane to sell Licht, he is one of the best and most reliable RB's in the world, rock solid in defense. Plus runs like crazy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 28, 2016 1:47 am

I'm pro Alves, just not if it means selling Litch cause then we still have to spend money and reinforce at RB and we end up wtih an older player than before on higher wages.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat May 28, 2016 1:48 am

rincon wrote:I'm pro Alves, just not if it means selling Litch cause then we still have to spend money and reinforce at RB and we end up wtih an older player than before on higher wages.

I agree, Licht is a key player in this squad and locker room.

I just love how he pushed Vidal when Vidal was trying to start a fight with Cuadrado.

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat May 28, 2016 1:55 am

Agreed about that too. Fullback (both sides) is a position where the concept of quality depends very much on the style of play of his team. Licht would not fit at Barca for example, but is a perfect match for Juve.

Maybe we're just overanalyzing at this point. From now on the sole info we got is an ambiguous message on social media. However, i doubt Alves is coming in Turin to warm the bench.

Last edited by heffkzar on Sat May 28, 2016 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : low class sentence)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next