RED
Glory
7 posters

Go down

Eric Bertrand Bailly Empty Eric Bertrand Bailly

Post by Glory Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:40 pm

Eric Bertrand Bailly CkbVLDCUoAAGUG1

Eric Bertrand Bailly CkbWWv6UYAAWNjD

It's official! We've signed @EricBailly24, subject to a work permit. More: http://bit.ly/1UEqliT  #BaillyIsRed

Learn all about @EricBailly24 by reading our profile of the Ivorian defender: http://bit.ly/1WEDvzH  #BaillyIsRed
-@ManUtd

4-year contract with the option of extending that deal by another 2 years.

"It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.

"I want to progress to be the best that I can be and I believe working with Jose Mourinho will help me develop in the right way and at the right club. I am looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to starting this new chapter of my life."

Jose Mourinho :
"Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent. He has progressed well to date and has the potential to become one of the best around.

"We look forward to working with him to help nurture that raw talent and fulfil his potential. Eric is at the right club to continue his development.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Eric Bertrand Bailly Empty Re: Eric Bertrand Bailly

Post by Glory Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:53 pm

The type of signing I expect from Mourinho. GET IN!! cheers Proud
Deal apparently is 23 mil pounds with bonuses stretching it upto 30, which for a 22 year old CB is quite decent these days.

A great read about the lad by Graham Hunter.
Manchester United are getting raw talent with Eric Bailly but he could be a superstar

And the obligatory contribution from Youtube.

Last edited by Glory on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:59 pm

An actual CB. No more square pegs in round holes at the back!

Wonderful.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Let me tell you man. I only saw him in the match against us. He was injured at Anfield but at El Madrigal when they beat us 1-0 he was such a boss. They missed him sorely at Anfield when we pounded them. I'm really jealous, I think you guys got a coup.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:14 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Let me tell you man. I only saw him in the match against us. He was injured at Anfield but at El Madrigal when they beat us 1-0 he was such a boss. They missed him sorely at Anfield when we pounded them. I'm really jealous, I think you guys got a coup.

Much appreciated input brah. Thumbs up

Outside these articles and youtube clippings dont have any knowledge about the lad. So these 1st person opinions will always come in handy.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Has been one of the best CB's this season in La Liga, even better than Laporte (whom people rate because no one watches Bilbao) I'd say only Godin has been a better CB this season, klutz like Pique and Ramos get bailed out every other week by the attack. This kid is the real deal, mentally very strong, nothing phases him and you can see that when he was given his outing in big games against Madrid and Barca. Tactically astute, relatively fast, great tackler, he's got it all
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:26 pm

ES wrote:Has been one of the best CB's this season in La Liga, even better than Laporte (whom people rate because no one watches Bilbao) I'd say only Godin has been a better CB this season, klutz like Pique and Ramos get bailed out every other week by the attack. This kid is the real deal, mentally very strong, nothing phases him and you can see that when he was given his outing in big games against Madrid and Barca. Tactically astute, relatively fast, great tackler, he's got it all

Great to read this. Raised my expectations about this lad.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Good to see that United's desperate, over-priced and over-hyped defensive signings continue. Long may this last. 40 La liga appearances, £30m price tag. lol
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Aye, at least we are trying. And its better than having 50 year old Kolo Toure as your CB anyway. :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Art Morte wrote:Good to see that United's desperate, over-priced and over-hyped defensive signings continue. Long may this last. 40 La liga appearances, £30m price tag. lol

You paid 30m for Dejan Lovren.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:04 am

Why would you not get Koulibaly over this guy?
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:11 am

Benatia would have been a good option too. I know he was injured but he is a fantastic defender
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:21 am

Both of the players you mentioned are older. Cant see us buying a 29 year old right now.

Moreover I watched Koulibaly once (the only time I watched him)  against Roma I think, and he was terrible in that game. Perhaps just a one-off performance. But still I think someone like Bailly who is quicker and decentish on the ball will suit us more. Koulibaly is more like Otamendi I felt. Better defender than Bailly perhaps. The reason us not going for Otamendi last year was I think similar.
And then again I think Koulibaly is Chelsea bound.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:25 am

Bailly's former Espanyol youth team boss Sergio Pina, who spotted the versatile Ivorian's capabilities from day one:

“From the very first day I could see amazing potential in him,” Pina has said.

“He was super-tough, over 1.85cm tall and performed stunning feats. He was very strong and also had some important technical skills, which have developed further over the years.

“We analysed many videos together to help him learn the tactical concepts he lacked, but he learned very quickly due to his intelligence.

"That's why he has been able adapt to every situation and every role. His original position was at the heart of the defence, but this season Marcelino (Villarreal manager) deployed him as a right-back against Real Madrid and he absolutely shut Cristiano Ronaldo down.

“He has spectacular conditioning. His lower body is so powerful that he always arrive to the cross ahead of the forward. His aerial power is spectacular. It is almost impossible for a rival to overcome him. I think that his style will fit really well with the pace of the Premier League, because in that aspect he is already among the top five centre-backs in Europe.

“Eric is a combination of several elite centre-backs. If we compare him with other La Liga players I would say that he has the power and the physical conditioning of Ramos but the intelligence of Javier Mascherano. And he is even bigger and taller than Ramos.”(🤤)

"His ability to shape the game from the back is good. He is still 22, so he may not have the composure of a veteran defender yet, but in a matter of time he will reach it,” added Pina.

“He is the kind of player that grows with the big challenges and he will do that at Old Trafford.

"Mourinho will turn him into one of the best. He will make him a better player because Mourinho will enrich him tactically. He still has room for improvement and moving from La Liga to the Premier League will sharpen his wits. In English football he will need to be on alert every second because the rhythm is very high, and Mourinho will help him to do that. "

Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:33 pm

ES wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Good to see that United's desperate, over-priced and over-hyped defensive signings continue. Long may this last. 40 La liga appearances, £30m price tag. lol

You paid 30m for Dejan Lovren.

Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:02 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3778485/Eric-Bailly-Jose-Mourinho-s-star-defender-went-minder-phone-box-never-playing-11-Manchester-United-s-30m-heir-Rio-Ferdinand.html

Absolutely brilliant article. Proud

Eric Bertrand Bailly 38098E9900000578-3778485-image-a-25_1473283045674

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Out for 6 months.

Glory
Fan Favorite