Harmonica
Valkyrja
raulmadrid4vr
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo Goalscoring Empty Cristiano Ronaldo Goalscoring

Post by raulmadrid4vr Mon May 16, 2016 8:58 pm

i dont know why the previous thread was locked so i am forced to open a new one.

there is no doubt that cristiano is a goalscoring machine, and a top 5 player overall in the world for the past many years. however, i still believe his high scoring stats are inflated. this season proved it more than ever.

we saw that several forwards outscored him when they were given equal opportunity. equal opportunity being: being in a team relatively as strong as real madrid in that teams league+being the main scoring man for their team. with these conditions, we saw that:

suarez (suarez took 65 less shots than cristiano and still outscored him.. if he did not have to share with messi/neymar and took 65 more shots, he would have scored at least 50 goals)
higuain (more goals scored, better minutes:goal ratio, better shots:goal ratio)
benzema (better minutes:goal ratio)
lewandowski (better minutes:goal ratio)
bale (yes, bale. same minutes/goal scored ratio than cristiano but much lower shots:goal ratio, so he was a better goalscorer this year.)
ibrahimovic (french league is of a lower quality but ibras insanely low minutes:goal scored ratio kind of makes up for that, and i mean come on, ibra took 55 less shots than cristiano and still outscored him)
imanol aggiretxe (better minute:goal ratio, however, i am just posting him for perspective, i dont think this is a reasonable comparison to make as this player only played 1/3rd of the total minutes of cristiano)

all clearly outscored him. the only reason messi did not was because this season goalscoring was a secondary task for him (it was delegated to suarez; i am sure messi would have scored around 15 more goals this season and outscored cristiano if suarez never came).

also, take a look at these stats:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/spanish-la-liga/top-scorers
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/italian-serie-a/top-scorers
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/german-bundesliga/top-scorers

look how many more shots cristiano took than everybody else. also, he scored more penalties than everyone else.

so yes, ronaldo is a goalscoring machine, but at any time in his career he was not in the top 3 for goalscoring.

also, i always said higuain is a better goal scorer than benzema, but this season benzema caught up (the had the same minute:goal ratio). so i am happy for benzema. hopefully he can keep it up. although i still personally prefer higuain. he broke the serie a scoring record and scored nice goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDrO6ag9_24

to reiterate i am not against cristiano. i just think its necessary to put things in perspective in terms of his goalscoring stats. this will also make us know how his skillset should be used for us (in what matter) to make our team more efficient. i hope cristiano scores for us in the CL final.

please keep this thread on topic and dont fight.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo Goalscoring Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Goalscoring

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 17, 2016 8:19 am

#sellCR
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue May 17, 2016 12:05 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo Goalscoring Morris-feature-messi-2

It's always been inflated, you always play for his goals rather than for the actual titles.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Tue May 17, 2016 2:19 pm

How many of those shots were outside the Box? Come on now, Cristiano when the ball doesn't come to his upfront shoots from another planet, that happened a lot this season, yes his stats are inflated same goes for Suarez he scored 8 goals on two matches, where were the guys that demonize Cr7 when he scored those goals against Espanyol and other midtable team?

How about CL noone comes near him in that competition  you left that out of your analysis. and all of those guys who have better shooting efficiency were missing in big matches except Suarez, where were Lewandowski, Ibra, Messi and Higuain, in those matches??

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue May 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Everyone else than most hardcore Suarez fanboys knows he's also a stat padder, or tapin master. But he won Cronaldo in his own game this season, winning the only competition where they play against the same opponents.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue May 17, 2016 4:05 pm

It should been pretty obvious that Cristiano is the most over rated player in the history of football.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue May 17, 2016 6:43 pm

Right, we would've won CL titles and league titles every year without him. In fact I'm sure benzema and bale would've scored 45 goals a piece without him, because if you believe the garbage sports says about CR that's the case. Yeah, not how football works.

Hogging shots Laughing omg, can people get any more stupid to defend players they like?

No go on, keep talking shit for no reason, I'm actually enjoying reading this garbage. We had a thread locked for a reason, why the fk would you recreate it?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 17, 2016 6:47 pm

why should he not recreate it? You guys thinking different does not make you the opinions holders on this board lol.

he is making a very good argument with numbers to back up his claim.

And to prove that Fennec you did not read anything he wrote, he is not talking about the TEAM performances with or without ronaldo. he is just arguing about how his individual stats seem inflated when compared to his peers and his statistical efficiency. It has nothing to do with Real Madrid winning trophies with or without CR lmao.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue May 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Nah brah, CR is *bleep* shit, hogs all the shots, never has won us any games, stat pads 24/7. IF you cant see that you're an idiot who doesn't know football
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 17, 2016 6:55 pm

so we go to name calling now? i guess that's the height of your age. Usually if you have nothing to contribute to a thread, instead of bickering like a child, how about you open your own "i love CR" thread.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue May 17, 2016 7:03 pm

So you are an idiot because in this case, you think Ronaldo is actually a good player rofl GTFO he's shit, can't even compare him with Mario Gomez, dude is a total *bleep* noob
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 17, 2016 7:18 pm

I've been saying this for years... it's not that impressive when you take 500 shots to score 60 goals. It's like being Kobe Bryant, except that Kobe was efficient AND he was a monster defender.

Ronaldo is a one dimensional player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue May 17, 2016 7:47 pm

I agree. He's trash. Benzema and Bale would do incredibly well and score 50 goals each without that asshole hogging the shots.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Ronaldo is one dimensional because all he does is scoring goals Laughing . Meanwhile, we praise Benzema for DAT amazing linkup play
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Tue May 17, 2016 9:13 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Nah brah, CR is *bleep* shit, hogs all the shots, never has won us any games, stat pads 24/7. IF you cant see that you're an idiot who doesn't know football

This makes absolute sense; if players aren't gods amongst men, they're obviously batshit useless.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue May 17, 2016 9:47 pm

I mean scoring goals are scoring goals. I don't care how they score it. If Ronaldo scores a hattrick in the CL final but they're all tap ins, people will complain but I wouldnt because I couldn't care less. 90% of forwards goals are basic anyway don't understand how that's a bad thing. If yall think lewandowski, ibrahimovic, benzema, bale etc.. are better goal scorers than Ronaldo, I don't know what to tell you.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 17, 2016 10:54 pm

nothing new here to  be honest. it's not some profound discovery, we've been hearing about this for years. there was a stat back when we last won la liga, when cristiano benz and higuain scored a bunch of goals; and the stat put forward the argument that we'd have won the league without cristiano's goals..(which obviously in reality may not be the case. stats do not tell the whole story)

my point is, i'm not sure what the main argument here is. that all those guys are better scorers than cristiano if given the same opportunity? well to get the same opportunity you have to be able to demand it, and two you have to be able to stay fit and maintain that hunger of wanting to score for the entire season, 60 plus games....strikers want to score, but not everyone has that kind of ambition...which is a gift and a curse for cristiano.

yes we understand and know what the stats prove, but based on the last couple of years, including his time at united, its kinda ridiculous to say they are all as good as him in that department. maybe i'm mistaken, but is that the main crux of this debate? if it is, imo, no they're not. higuain also had a better goal to minute ratio in most of his years at madrid, and he's not a better goalscorer than cron.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 17, 2016 11:22 pm

Best goalscorer of this generation. Outscoring Messi 3 seasons in a row now since Xavi declined and stopped carrying Messi. Wonder how many Ronaldo would have scored in prime Pepcelona instead of having Pellegrini as his coach or Khedira-Alonso midfield behind him.

Also people who don't understand stats but still try to argue with them still don't understand that the amount of shots a player takes has nothing to do with his finishing ability. Ronaldo takes so many shots because he is selfish and prefers taking shots from range or difficult angles rather than recycling possession or passing. Maybe it's an indicator for his game intelligence/arrogance/selfishness but not his finishing ability. When he's in the box and is presented with a good scoring opportunity, he finishes with very high probability. He doesn't take 7 shots from within the 6 yard box to finally get a goal. Just watch the games. lol

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Wed May 18, 2016 2:36 am

futbol wrote:Best goalscorer of this generation. Outscoring Messi 3 seasons in a row now since Xavi declined and stopped carrying Messi. Wonder how many Ronaldo would have scored in prime Pepcelona instead of having Pellegrini as his coach or Khedira-Alonso midfield behind him.

Also people who don't understand stats but still try to argue with them still don't understand that the amount of shots a player takes has nothing to do with his finishing ability. Ronaldo takes so many shots because he is selfish and prefers taking shots from range or difficult angles rather than recycling possession or passing. Maybe it's an indicator for his game intelligence/arrogance/selfishness but not his finishing ability. When he's in the box and is presented with a good scoring opportunity, he finishes with very high probability. He doesn't take 7 shots from within the 6 yard box to finally get a goal. Just watch the games. lol

Finally.

We needed a neutral Liverpool fan to show us the truth.

Best goalscorer of this generation definitely. Messi is very close but still second.

Already 2nd top scorer of La Liga after just 6.5 seasons Proud
Most group stage goals in CL.
Most knockout round goals in CL.
Most semifinal goals in CL.
(Upcoming) most final goals in CL (also only player to score in 3 different finals).

And we have people going crazy because Suarez finally had 1 season at Cristiano's level (after being fed by possibly the greatest playmaker of all time) while the Kommander (Molenation) has been doing it for 6 years straight.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 18, 2016 3:18 am

Finally.

We needed a neutral Liverpool fan to show us the truth.

Best goalscorer of this generation definitely. Messi is very close but still second.

Already 2nd top scorer of La Liga after just 6.5 seasons Proud
Most group stage goals in CL.
Most knockout round goals in CL.
Most semifinal goals in CL.
(Upcoming) most final goals in CL (also only player to score in 3 different finals).
Agreed.

And we have people going crazy because Suarez finally had 1 season at Cristiano's level (after being fed by possibly the greatest playmaker of all time) while the Kommander (Molenation) has been doing it for 6 years straight.
Reported

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 18, 2016 3:23 am

Also, this is why Futbol is top 5 poster on the internet.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 18, 2016 5:15 am

You must be joking...  Ronaldo is not a better goalscorer than Messi.  Messi chooses to not score to help the team.  When he wanted to be a scorer, CR was hopelessly behind him.  Since 2009, both CR and Messi have 3 pichichi awards.  The difference?  Messi wasn't going for it the past two seasons.  He was more interested in making sure that Suarez became productive.  So he sacrificed some of his scoring.  He relinquished his false 9 role for the good of the team.  Suarez couldn't exist when he wasn't the designated scorer as the first half of his fist season at Barca showed...  they adjusted and Messi was the one who allowed the adjustment to happen.  Sound familiar?

The crazy thing is that with the number of sitters Suarez has missed this season... If Messi were still playing on top, I think he would have broken his own single season scoring record.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed May 18, 2016 5:21 am

Cristianos goalscoring ability is as proven as it gets. 50 goals a season for 6 season in a row. If every one can score 50+ goals with taking impossible shots then why is everyone not doing it?

I very much like that CR can score 50+ goals when your starting CF can't hit 25 goal mark on the league in 7 years!

7 Laughing

When your CF is on 10+ for 5 of the 7 season then we need someone who can score plenty of goals.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed May 18, 2016 5:27 am

I have plenty of problems with CR but currently scoring isn't one. When we needed it the most against Roma, Wolfsburg etc who stepped up and scored those goals?

I'm pretty sure Benzema or Bale wasn't going to score a hatrick against Wolfsburg , why? Because they are not great goal scorers..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 18, 2016 6:15 am

Absolutely ridiculous. okay, enough trolling from me.

I mean, I like Ronaldo but I've been the first to admit he can be selfish at times and he does take shots from range a lot. That being said, the shot to goal ratio is *bleep* retarded because

1. he takes all our freekicks
2. he takes long shots

Take those out of the equation and tell me his efficiency is worse. Also, he is better then benzema and bale at everything. I'm done defending that bald overrated pos because of his nationality and maybe you should too. Benzema a good player who has excellent technique but sucks at everything else. Bale is having a good season but he's not at CR's level. Good player though.

The reason why CR can't play CF well is because he doesn't play his back to goal well (he's an Winger/SS), he does well playing off an actual decent CF who isn't benzema.

Just look at how benzema or bale moves with the ball compared to Ronaldo. Donkey vs ballerina right there.

Stop rewording stats to make benzema look good. We all know your agenda sports and chad. It's not a big deal, just admit it. He's not even truly French. lol.

It's a new excuse everyday. Get exposed brahs.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next