titosantill
Turok_TTZ
Adit
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
11 posters

Go down

Hala Madrid!  Hala Zizou! Empty Hala Madrid! Hala Zizou!

Post by sportsczy Wed May 04, 2016 8:43 pm

He got us to the CL final by managing two games with massive injuries... was smart. Most manager would have tried to attack like crazy and we would have gotten eliminated. City never even worried us. I can't remember Navas making a save Laughing

How far has Zizou taken us. His subs are odd at times Laughing But we only have AMs on the bench so what choice does he have Laughing

CL Final and 1 pt behind in La Liga.

Unbelievable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Hala Madrid!  Hala Zizou! Empty Re: Hala Madrid! Hala Zizou!

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 04, 2016 8:48 pm

Hopefully some of our fans here (not naming anyone, you know who you are) can actually appreciate his work.

What a guy. Straight from Algeria too :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed May 04, 2016 8:49 pm

Undecima baby. bounce banana
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed May 04, 2016 8:50 pm

Yyyaàaay

I don't understand why he subbed out our best player isco with James and ruined the flow though.

What a game from DISCO,MODRIC,KROOS and BALE :bow:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 04, 2016 8:52 pm

With Benz, Ronaldo and Bale being injury prone right now... we may need James. He's trying to keep him involved with the team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 04, 2016 9:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:He got us to the CL final by managing two games with massive injuries...  was smart.  Most manager would have tried to attack like crazy and we would have gotten eliminated.  City never even worried us.  I can't remember Navas making a save Laughing

How far has Zizou taken us.  His subs are odd at times Laughing  But we only have AMs on the bench so what choice does he have Laughing

CL Final and 1 pt behind in La Liga.

Unbelievable.

If he had taken City seriously in the first leg, we would have secured this tie much sooner. City are a bunch of nobodies. but that's just nitpicking.

Zidane has done well despite his first leg mishap. Let us hope the final we  go all out guns blazing as atletico will not give us a single inch. the rest provided by late final date should restore Real Madrid back to full power. Feel very optimistic. The only reason we havent beat atletico yet was because no carjaval last time. We got carjaval this time. Hala Madrid!  Hala Zizou! VXUKdMr
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 04, 2016 11:51 pm

what? i thought how he approached city was brilliant. madrid hardly wins ties like this; where we know the other side will be cautious and not open up. he's done well, especially after what that clown rafa put us through
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 05, 2016 11:04 am

The most important thing is not to feel any pressure. Most of us have written off the idea of us winning any silverware this season. Rafa sucked the life out of us and left us like a soulless, hollow shell. So to be where we are today after all we've been through this season is nothing short of admirable.

Z has a golden chance to show what he's truly made of. I'll be honest with you, and I apologize in advance if this is going to offend anybody. City didn't put up a fight. If I was a City fan, I would be seething. That was a disgraceful performance by them. The only moment I felt a little bit uncomfortable was during the dying minutes of the game. I was afraid they would pull off a lucky goal and send us packing. Other than that, I was comfortable and I was just furious with our inability to score more. We weren't tested at all against them. I'd even go as far as to say that Wolfsburg were better than Pellegrini's side.

I said that Z would have my vote if he reached the CL final; and he has. So yeah I want him to stay. But it would be a great source of comfort for me to see him outwit Simeone - something that both Pep and Enrique failed at this year in the CL, and something that Carlo struggled to do. Granted, Z lost against him at the Bernabeu. But he now has a chance to redeem himself and prove that he's not stubborn like Carlo, that he actually knows how to make the right tweaks and changes to break Simeone.

Even if we lose against Atlético; I hope he shows that he's the right man for the job by going neck and neck with Simeone until the very last second of the game.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 05, 2016 11:22 am

@DoC, I completely agree with you regarding City. They must have been the easiest team we have faced so far in CL. For those of us who watch us in LaLiga this is a typical game away from home against a team like Espanyol. Very little troubles us but we come away with 1/2-0 and people think it was close or whatever. City should be ashamed of themselves, our midfielders hardly broke a sweat all game. A big team would have taken advantage of the lack of DMs to score or st the very least create many chances.

I also agree that we have not been tested thus far in CL but our concentration remains high due to the demanding laliga games we have had to play recently after Barca nearly blew away their title in a month. The most demanding CL game was that against Wolfsburg because of how they beat us by 2-0. Apart from that we have hardly needed to strain for our wins. Good thing is that we have lost to Atleti under Zidane which means we will be 100% focused like we were last season.

If we dont lose the ball unneccesarily or foul them outside the box we should be largly comfortable.

Zidane has exceeded expectations this half season. I wont lie I thought we would go out against Wolfsburg and drop points against Villarreal and LaReal but he and the team proved me wrong. I completely forgot that we dont have Carlo anymore for a second eco smile

There are key tactical changes that Zidane has made since we lost to them. One is the introduction of Casemiro which has let Modric and Kroos focus less on the defence because Casemiro is so damn good at winning the ball back and another is using Lucas as the back up for our wingers as opposed to James. We may not create much agaibst them in the final but i can guarantee you we are going to be hard to break down due to how Zidane has everyone working for eachother. Even this last game Ronaldo was chasing every ball in the 2nd half despite not being matchfit. Zidane is the only coach since Ronaldo came to us that has consistently gotten Ronaldo to defend.

Zidane might not be the best tactician but he is a damn good motivator
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 05, 2016 11:50 am

There was one instance, I remember because I could not believe it actually happened where Isco collects the ball in front of our 18 yard box and I'm thinking Isco is gonna do something cancerous as Toure is right there. To my amazement, Toure just watches Isco stop, look around and casually burst past him. That essentially summed up City's performance.

DoC is spot on, City did not try. Quite possibly our easiest UCL KO encounter in about 6 or 7 seasons. Even the side from Cyprus (I think they were from Cyprus) were a harder match. And yes, Zidane has definitely exceeded expectations, well, my expectations. He got Ramos to be less cancerous, Pepe is playing like his usual self, sort out our already mad midfield issues and Ronaldo is back to his best.

Whatever he is doing, long may it continue. Hala Madrid.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 05, 2016 12:03 pm

The biggest achievement i think was getting Ronaldo back to his best. He is as clutch as you could possibly get. When he is happy everybody is happy.

I saw that play lmao, I remember thinking to myself Isco you idiot not outside our box get it away but to my surprise Yata was just standing there, even Fernandinho didnt do enough to try and stop Isco from turning and running away. Pathetic they were
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 05, 2016 12:12 pm

Yes, I agree with both of you; he actually succeeded at things nobody before him, including Mourinho, could do. Mainly:

1. Getting Ronaldo to press, track back and defend and helping him regain his form which he lost under Rafa.
2. Benching high-profile, albeit under-performing players without losing the dressing room or succumbing to pressure.
3. Subbing off the BBC; which no one before him could dare to do.
4. He even got Danilo to improve enough to step in when Carvajal needs a breather.
5. He reduced the line gaps and got rid of Rafa's small-team mentality.

I think he deserves to be praised for that. But if he could win the tactical battle against Simeone and break Atlético's defense, my god that would be formidable! I hope he does it cause that would eradicate the few atoms of doubt left in me about him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Hala Madrid!  Hala Zizou! Original
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 23, 2016 1:58 am

Just saw an interview of Zizou.  I think it was a bit older.  But they asked him what kind of manager he wants to be...

"I want my teams to play the best football possible that gives us the maximum chance to win.  There's a tradeoff sometimes.  Brazil found this out several years ago.  But winning football should not mean ugly football.  Quite the contrary.  Sometimes though, you cannot play the way you want to due to circumstances."

"I don't strive to be a genius or an innovator.  I know I'm not that smart (laughs).  A lot smarter people than me have figured out that football is a simple game and the simpler you play, the more beautiful the game becomes.  That doesn't mean you're not disciplined or tactical.  It just means that you shouldn't put players in a position where they need to overthink.  The training ground has to be the hard part of the game.  The games themselves should be fun."

"I have clear ideas in my mind and I think they will be successful.  But i can't tell you what kind of manager I'll be until i show it out there.  Maybe I'll fail.  Whatever the case, I'm going to try as hard as I can.  That's all I've always done even as a player."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 23, 2016 11:25 pm

that's a good excerpt. obviously i can't make any assertions on what kind of coach he'll be based on his answer, but i like that it is realistic. there are always illusions of grandeur or tactical "renovations" that managers like to discuss with the media whether from an offensive or defensive standpoint when talking about their approach. and one important part usually ignored is the level of opposition.

as mike tyson said "everyone has a strategy until they get punched in the face". its good to have a way you might want to play, but recognize that it may need to change at times and one can't be too rigid about it. but as i mentioned before, we can't make any assertions on his abilities based on the interview; but its good he and we recognize that the footy can't all be pretty
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue May 31, 2016 7:43 am

People saying his reputation as a football great did the job for him
Benitez said he had to work harder than others in reference to the efffect of Zidane's reputation.

But I say no one gave Zidane the fame and status he had as a footballer.
He did not get it by virtue of inheritance to a royal bloodline or football great; he earned it with his performances and talent as a player. So its his luck.
I feel sad for Benitez and other coaches who don't have the rep.
My advise: next lifetime, be a worldclass player, and a Madrid and football legend.........and an assistant to Ancelotti, and a good motivator. And just maybe you have a similar fate.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 31, 2016 7:53 am

Another stat that will surprise some but not others:

We conceded the least shots from all teams that made the ko round with 9.2 shots on average towards our goal. So eventhough we saw the debacles vs Roma and Wolfsburg we still conceded the least shots. Bayern finished second with 9.8 on average. Alot of the shots that we conceded were hopeful long shots by Griezmann, Henrique and Gustavo.

Keep it up Zizou :bow:

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Tue May 31, 2016 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue May 31, 2016 12:31 pm

@Demon of Carthage, I remember you saying if he can land us the CL Trophy, all your doubts about him will vanish.
you are therefore banned from making any ZZ -related analysis; constructive or even destructive criticism of ZZ.
From now on, you must kiss a picture of him every morning and pray for him every night before you sleep.
cheers

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue May 31, 2016 7:48 pm

Not just that shade. Rafa made fatal mistakes. At the end of the day you choose the players.

1. Playing Danilo
2. Playing deep while trying to play high pressure creating huge spaces that our midfield can't cover. Can you imagine Isco, James and Kroos trying to be workhorses? Didn't think so
3.4-2-4. Nothing more needs to be said
4. Playing bale as a AM. To bales credit, he did well, but playing him at RW/LW will always be much better
5. Our defensive shape was terrible
6. His man management was horrible
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 31, 2016 9:28 pm

The midfield was a chasm under Raffa...  defensively, the opposition came right down the middle against our CBs at full throttle.  Nobody there to stop or slow them.  On the attack, you had a flat attacking line with only 1 midfielder in support... and he didn't even jump into the box. He just stood at the periphery once the ball got to the forwards.  The opposition defense could just fall at the level of the forwards and not worry about a midfielder jumping in behind.

It was a horror show.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:20 am

You know sports, I'm surprised you havent went full fanboy and not shove Zidane being the next best GOAT down our throats yet.

Real talk though, apart from one game, Zidane was fairly flawless the rest.

Much to look forward to next season. Showed tactical acument and flexibility when needed. Shadowing Mourinho and Carlo paid off dividends.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:51 am

I imagine his bald head is planning for next season.
He seems very ambitious and I believe he is not just sitting and waiting for Euros to end.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing 3 aside with his children and wife back at home though.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:34 am

Yeah Turok and peeps... Zizou has done fantastic. Much more than I expected tbh.

I just hope that we get the pieces we need this summer. Don't need to make a ton of moves... just a backup LB, replace Kroos with a better B2B, get DM depth and a CF. 4 moves and we're quasi-perfect.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Even though I have a feeling our squad will be stronger with Pogba, Its kind of hard to imagine replacing Kroos.
I just hope ZZ has complete control and makes the the right moves.
Its high time we had a sense of direction.

He could be our Guardiola, not in terms of playing style, but trophies.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:16 am

I like our current style. Shades of Carlo but with Zidane tweaks.
I trust we go full throttle next season. We just need consistency.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down