Zizou: "We need to get better physically"

+4
VanDeezNuts
titosantill
futbol_bill
sportsczy
8 posters

Go down

Zizou:  "We need to get better physically" Empty Zizou: "We need to get better physically"

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:55 am

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2016/01/17/569bd37b268e3ed4568b45f7.html

So he thinks the team isn't in good enough physical shape. That's a damn shame considering we're in the second half of January.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Zizou:  "We need to get better physically" Empty Re: Zizou: "We need to get better physically"

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:34 am

This is second time in past week, I've heard this. What baffles me is we were told Rafa's practices were too tough on the players! These two statements are totally contrary.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Zizou:  "We need to get better physically" Empty Re: Zizou: "We need to get better physically"

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:40 am

i understand people bashing rafa's tactics, but i never really bought into the whole thing about his tough training. i know there are open door sessions, but who knows what the media considers "tough"? and two, i think the relationship with the players was so fragmented it poured into the 'training' topic. people have blamed his training for the injuries, but some of those guys injured were always injured regardless. and all the talk of tough training. these guys are athletes, they are supposed to train tough, or am i missing something?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:44 am

btw if zidane's plan is to whip them in shape, then please, by all means. if stars quit complaining and get in better shape, maybe we can push for some titles instead of getting burnt out
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:52 am

I think how you play also dictates in what shape you need to be... if you're playing a high line and are trying to implement a form of total football, players need to be in better shape compared to having a spread setup like under Rafa... under Rafa's tactics, the midfielders were asked to do too much work while the others were static.

May have something to do with it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:32 am

sportsczy wrote:I think how you play also dictates in what shape you need to be... if you're playing a high line and are trying to implement a form of total football, players need to be in better shape compared to having a spread setup like under Rafa... under Rafa's tactics, the midfielders were asked to do too much work while the others were static.

May have something to do with it.

I think thats definitely part of it- if not the whole reason he made the comment to begin with.

He's obviously picking the 4-3-3 and knows that in order for that formation to work both the midfield and forward line need to work up and down the field when tracking back and pressing.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Hate to be the pessimist but the score yesterday didn't reflect on how good we were. We weren't as amazing as some made it out to be I really felt we were lacking in our play. Felt like we were more clinical than anything + Bale had a fantastic game.

But to be honest it's ridiculous how much better Barca are than us atm. We have a weak midfield IMO, our attacking trio doesnt suit each other but they are still WC just could have been more ideal. That or physically we are not were we should be
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:36 pm

I have to ask if you're related in any way to guest_07, guest7?

What's your opinion on the topic of Riquelme?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I have to ask if you're related in any way to guest_07, guest7?

I'm pretty sure it's Crimson.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:49 pm

jibers wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I have to ask if you're related in any way to guest_07, guest7?

I'm pretty sure it's Crimson.

Se7en
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum