BarrileteCosmico
sportsczy
Firenze
halamadrid2
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is this the goal of the year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this the goal of the year?

Post by rincon Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:47 pm

A loss is a loss. Madrid earned their win fair and square. Zidane particularly impressed. That said, how is this epitome of football? what is at stake that catapults this goal past others?

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:liverpool vs tottenham important rofl

that misplaced madrid pride
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Thimmy wrote:I've noticed that mostly Barcelona fans all over the internet are arguing that, "since nothing was at stake", Barcelona didn't take the game seriously, and thus they shouldn't be held accountable for this loss. "It didn't matter to them". Do people actually believe this to be true?

While the league is practically already won for them, I honestly saw nothing that indicated that they didn't take the game seriously. From what I've been told by Basque and Madrid- based fans, El Clasicos are more about cultural pride and civil rivalry than importance towards winning titles. If you ask international fans, you'd think pride, in this particular case, was insignificant.

Of course they took it seriously (including the fans).. At the end are we still on top? Yes. Did we want to win? Yes. Did we come out not trying to play the game? No. The thing is we can sit back and say yeah this didn't matter as we are still ahead, but no way was it not like any one care. Had we won the story would've been different. Barca/Madrid players/fans etc will always give it their all, as these games are like this regardless of form/position in the league.

Our SA players came back from WC qualifiers and a 12 hour flight (Messi/Suarez/Masche/Alves) all who started and they mostly are out of form/shape after these international breaks since they travel far to play them, so yes perhaps their was a lot of fatigue in them. However we've been playing pretty badly in the last 3-4 games (especially against the top teams), not that convincing performance against Arsenal, Sevilla barely got by, should've lost to Villarreal and RM end up taking the 3 points. At the same time are bench is thin as hell only one sub and that Turan in this game was made. Not trying to find excuses we lost at the end.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Funny thing is that Liverpool v Tottenham isn't even a rivalry, let alone one where you have two elite teams these days.  Man U v Liverpool or Liverpool v Everton or Man U v Man City are proper rivalries at least Laughing Not elite teams other than City... but at least you have the rivalry angle.

@Nick... let it go.  The Barca fans and apologists + the anti-Madrid crowd + the anti-Benz mafia are all set in their ways.  They won't even admit that Benz has been our best player by far in clasicos for the past 3 years lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:29 pm

so the excuses are:
-  It was a friendly
-  the poor SA players had to take a 12 hour first class flight 3 days earlier
-  Messi farted at the wrong time and threw his timing off
-  Suarez missed his dental appointment so his canines weren't sharpened optimally
-  Pique had to miss his normal Saturday cross-dress bingo night and wasn't happy
-  Enrique was afraid that Zidane would get him in another choke-hold and couldn't concentrate properly on the game

Anything else?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:39 pm

I thought we were talking about the goal. Why can't it just be a great goal? why does it have to be goal of the season?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:46 pm

why cant it be though?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Cause its so far from other goals this year. Just look at BCs list.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:49 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:liverpool vs tottenham important rofl
clearly it was. Spurs had their entire season and league challenge at stake. Their draw means Leicester are sole challengers for the league. What has changed as a result of the clásico? Nothing.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:50 pm

My god, brothers in arms, why did you feel the need to create a topic for this? It's a great goal, no question. But goal of the season? Unlikely.

And I'm pretty sure Benzema himself scored better goals for Real Madrid than this one, scissor kick goals even, like the one against Ajax.

I disagree with you, respectfully.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:so the excuses are:
-  It was a friendly
-  the poor SA players had to take a 12 hour first class flight 3 days earlier
-  Messi farted at the wrong time and threw his timing off
-  Suarez missed his dental appointment so his canines weren't sharpened optimally
-  Pique had to miss his normal Saturday cross-dress bingo night and wasn't happy
-  Enrique was afraid that Zidane would get him in another choke-hold and couldn't concentrate properly on the game

Anything else?

"Messi didn't pass the ball to a wide open Suarez, because he was already in dribbling mode at the exact moment when Suarez created space for himself".

Decent argument, but I personally think Messi had plenty of time to pass the ball, if he had really wanted to. The guy even managed to squeeze out a lob, inbetween multiple defenders who were up in his face. He had plenty of time and space to pass it to Suarez, when he decided to take on Ramos and Pepe instead. Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of players would've done the same thing, but certain players get a lot more flak when they do it Laughing

You could argue that he might've been successful in doing so, if Ramos hadn't fouled him, but my opinion is still that he went for glory instead of passing it or neatly flicking it over to Suarez - which would've been a more typical, classic Barca move in that situation.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:55 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:My god, brothers in arms, why did you feel the need to create a topic for this?  

obviously to antagonize barca fans lol, it's a good goal, that i'm sure is made sweeter by the fact it was scored against their bitter rivals, but I've seen 3 goals better than it this weekend.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Not the best goal but gutsy af it is.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:08 pm

I think so. Only topped by when Benzema will score in stoppage time in the CL final against Barcelona.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:25 pm

Not even best goal of yesterday.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:28 pm

no, it isn't the goal of the year; not even the best goal in the league season, not even the goal of the month, despite being only two/three days in. it was a well taken goal, and as a madrid fan, i was pleased. it was more important than ramos' goal in our loss away at sevilla, but it wasn't as beautiful as ramos' goal. goal of the year is a stretch. we just saw some unknown brazilian score a crazy curler not long ago (luck or not, that curler was beautiful to see......this was nowhere near that). hell i think the goal he scored where he lifted the ball over puyol was even better than this
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:22 am

epitome of football Laughing

Champions League Finals, World Cup Finals, European Finals>>>>>>>Madrid v Barca La Liga match with no real significance in the table
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:42 am

When Chad says Benzema's goal is not Goal of the Year, who are we to argue?

Chad :bow:

ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:45 am

Does this mean that Sports and Nick are more biased than Chad?

Well, at least until he puts on on the NT shirt...

Fanzemas Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:48 am

No... it means that goal of the year isn't just aesthetics.  For example, i thought Goetze's goal was undeniably goal of the year in 2014.  

Unless someone pulls a similar technical feat in a similar elite v elite game, then this one is the one for me in 2016.  

The teams involved and the pressure plays a big role for me.  Regardless of what Barca fans are trying to say (because they lost), clasicos are the biggest games of the year for Madrid and Barca other than CL elimination round games regardless of league standings.

You have to go to Spain and actually listen to the media and go to the stadium to realize how huge it is. Just as an example, in Mou's first year, we were in a similar spot in the second clasico (pretty far behind). But the tension was massive. It's about bragging rights and when you're talking about one team representing a region that wants to separate from Spain against the team for Spain's capital.... well you know how it feels.

It's about football, politics, club bragging rights, etc. It's just a lot more than what you guys make it out to be.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:00 am

sportsczy wrote: Regardless of what Barca fans are trying to say (because they lost), clasicos are the biggest games of the year for Madrid and Barca other than CL elimination round games regardless of league standings.

This is what I said in the Barca section a day before the match:

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Can't remember the last time less was at stake for a clasico

That being said I think Barca are quite comfortable with the lead and that could be dangerous
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:14 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote: Regardless of what Barca fans are trying to say (because they lost), clasicos are the biggest games of the year for Madrid and Barca other than CL elimination round games regardless of league standings.

This is what I said in the Barca section a day before the match:

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Can't remember the last time less was at stake for a clasico

That being said I think Barca are quite comfortable with the lead and that could be dangerous

Are you saying they lost because they were complacent?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:38 am

I don't mean you BC... you're mostly level-headed unless Argentina is involved Laughing

I'm talking generally... these games are huge. It doesn't matter what the stakes are because it's a national pride issue. It's like Serbia v Croatia or Russia v Ukraine. There's that level of national fervor.

I don't think Barca were complacent. The issue has been for a bit now that Suarez is missing a lot... for the past 6 weeks. Messi has picked up his pace to compensate... but he also had a poor game in this one (and like CR7, he's clearly slowing down).

I would venture to say that the clasicos have become a lot more Benzema/Bale v Neymar/Suarez. These duos key the attacks a lot more.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:57 am

What are you talking about sports?

I've always seen as Benzema vs mehssi and co. since the other two are like hot and cold. Benzema is the man when it comes to clasico. Bale and Cristiano either have a hot game or go primadonna on us leaving benz to do it all himself. The latter usually happens.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:33 am

Benzema goal is finishing of the highest level , his goal is up there just for the mental toughness alone, after the first miss, clearly rusty and being 1-0 down, on a deflected pass no less, to go for that acrobatic finish that froze Bravo on the spot, its an amazing goal that would be legendary, if any striker not named benzema scored in that situation.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:44 am

I totally agree with the context and all that. Scoring wonder goals in matches of importance, however you wanna describe that importance is gonna have a bigger impact on the mind than wonder goals that are scored in games of lesser stakes. Think Messi wonder goal vs Getafe all those years vs Maradona's wonder goal against England in a WC quarter finals.

And Benzema's goal still was not goal of the season.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next