windkick
alexjanosik
CBarca
Lucifer
Deja Vu
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 26] FC Barcelona - Sevilla FC Empty [La Liga - Jornada 26] FC Barcelona - Sevilla FC

Post by Deja Vu Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:19 am

[La Liga - Jornada 26] FC Barcelona - Sevilla FC Barcelona-vs-sevilla-liga-bbva
Time: 19:30 GMT

Referee: Santaigo Jaime Latre (dogshit ref even by La Liga standards)

FC Barcelona form guide: WDWWW
Sevilla FC form guide: DWDWD
Last meeting: Sevilla FC 2-1 FC Barcelona - 3 October 2015 - La Liga

Expected lineups:

FC Barcelona:Bravo; Vidal, Pique, Mathieu, Alba; Busquets, Roberto, Iniesta; Messi, Suarez, Neymar

Sevilla FC: Rico; Coke, Rami, Kolodziejczak, Tremoulinas; Cristoforo, N'Zonzi; Vitolo, Iborra, Krohn-Dehli; Gameiro
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 26] FC Barcelona - Sevilla FC Empty Re: [La Liga - Jornada 26] FC Barcelona - Sevilla FC

Post by Deja Vu Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:21 am

I expect a rout in our favor.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 26] FC Barcelona - Sevilla FC Empty Re: [La Liga - Jornada 26] FC Barcelona - Sevilla FC

Post by Lucifer Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:27 am

Expecting squad rotation due to Arsenal matchup. Godberto, turan and munir should start.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:35 am

Not sure what to think about this one actually
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:07 am

The league is almost won. Should rest players wisely in this game. I would rest one of Neymar or Suarez.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Just saw Sevilla's away form rofl

Easy win
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:01 am

I hate it when we play against Emery teams. Always tough games and close affairs which could go either way. I dont think we have ever had an easy win against him. This game was no different. They deserved a draw. He is a fantastic coach and deserves a better gig.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:12 am

Vidal was very poor and they targeted him all the time he was on the pitch. Alves is quite simply much better.
And I still dont get the obsession with Roberto. He is a scrub who has zero impact on games and should be nowhere near the team. He is a good hustler and that is it. West Ham or Aston Villa are his level.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:09 am

Before he picked up the injury he was a definitely deserving of his play. Harsh to judge him on this match, same goes for Vidal who has been fine.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:48 am

Typical Alex, jumping on individuals after one subpar game.

Vidal hasn't really gotten into the team yet and Roberto is getting on well.

What matters is another 3 points and that the unbeaten streak rolls on.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:33 am

I think Vidal was ok. He wasn't good in Sevilla's goal, but it wasn't his fault either. He had a great, great pass to Suarez. Had it been Alves who made it, we wouldn't hear the end of it from Alex.

Roberto was also ok and better than Turan, so you can't really complain either. Average game from us, yet we won again. We've been doing this for a while now, but you can't expect every game to be a masterpiece.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:53 am

Impacting in big games is difficult. I think they should not get criticism for this. Even big players suffer. Its like saying Ozil is flop because he didnt have impact against Barcelona
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:35 am

nazimali12 wrote:Impacting in big games is difficult. I think they should not get criticism for this. Even big players suffer. Its like saying Ozil is flop because he didnt have impact against Barcelona

Agreed, also, Roberto had an impact. He gave solidity to our midfield, was more involved tan Arda, and would have scored a goal if it wasn't for Suarez being sloppily in the middle of his header. Right Alex?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:07 pm

Suarez should have scored twice himself.but he is always in harry and sometimes shoots even before the ball reaches him.should calm down a little bit
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:21 pm

Maybe in a parallel game taking place in a parallel universe, Roberto was better than Arda. But in this game taking place in this universe, Arda was the much superior player. Roberto was competing with Vidal for the worst player on the pitch.
Arda had another impressive game and is quite simply the much better player than Roberto,who is just not Barca quality. Even Keita was of more use.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Arda an impressive game....? Really?

For some reason he was subbed befor Roberto.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Arda didnt put a foot wrong. He is positionally disciplined(Roberto is all over the place), covers the FB( Roberto is all over the place), drifts wide when Neymar comes in, always offers himself for a pass(Roberto is worse than Fabregas and is never available for a pass) and even has the final pass(Roberto is the worst passer on our team even including our defenders).
Arda showed all of that yesterday. I cant believe who but there was an excellent throughball he made and the chance was messed up.
Roberto was bang average,looked clueless and kept exposing Vidal.
Was he an expensive and needless signing?Yes
Has he played well so far?Unequivocally yes
Is he a much better player than Roberto?Yes

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:27 pm

@Free Cat
I have been reading about your thread "big in ur face" but cannot find it. Any chance you got the link? If so pls post it. Thnx in advance Thumbs up

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:25 pm

As a Madrid fan who watched the game, Alex are you smoking when you watch dude? Roberto covered his fullback, did not stop hounding other players, ran and passed the ball well and should've had a goal. I forgot turan was on the pitch. Man up and admit you were wrong. Also, aleix was good as well.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Agreed.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:03 am

I didn't think Vidal was that bad. Still new to the team too, I think he's been a good pick up so far. I also agree that Roberto wasn't really too bad either.

Roberto did the job that he can do. He's not a good enough player that he should be starting games for us--I expect about that quality from him and that's what he gives us. He's given us some good games though and even though it wasn't really down to him, his performance in the Clasico will justify occasional tagging as "Godberto".

I can't say I'm ecstatic about the performance but I can't argue with the result. Messi is out of this world, and that second goal was great team play from Barca. We could have scored more and we could have conceded more--it reminded me of the Arsenal game in that way. Over all, we looked a bit sluggish, and I can't really fault the team for that, especially after a midweek CL game.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:52 am

Neither Barça nor Sevilla have been able to keep a clean sheet in their last 9 encounters

ffs

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:25 am

Legit the most entertaining matchup in club football.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Lucifer wrote:@Free Cat
I have been reading about your thread "big in ur face" but cannot find it. Any chance you got the link? If so pls post it. Thnx in advance Thumbs up

Where did you read about this thread? Laughing
That was in 2009 after winning the treble. It was still in the goal.com forum. I checked at archive.org but they don't have any capture of goal.com forums, a pity, so all is lost.

Believe it or not, going into the 2009 CL final we were not the favourites and most goal.com members made comments belittling our chances and bigging up United and Ronaldo. My thread was a collection of quotes roasting the user just after the final. (I went to Rome to the final, and made the thread before going to bed around 3 pm and drunk, so it had it's share of banter and bad ortography too).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:08 am

A legendary thread, definitely. What a win that one was. With Busquets playing, Yaya in defense and puyol at RB Laughing 4 billion year old sylvinho too!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum