+3
futbol
farfan
sportsczy
7 posters

Go down

The Lass appreciation thread Empty The Lass appreciation thread

Post by sportsczy Sun 07 Feb 2016, 23:57

He's been nothing short of magnificent for Marseille this season... and completely bossed the PSG midfield today. OM lost of course because that's what we do... but we're like a relegation team without him while we usually dominate games (which we manage to lose anyhow) with him.

Technical too. Not as good as Makelele of course... but man he reminds me of him now to some extent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

The Lass appreciation thread Empty Re: The Lass appreciation thread

Post by farfan Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:13

Lass/Kanté in , Schneiderlin/Sissoko out . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:16

The legendary Real Madrid #10 Lass?

What a player.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:19

Finally you see the light you punk.

I always gave credit to lass when he was here in madrid.

he gave benz some assists to goals and had iniesta and mehssi somewhat in check when clasicos came. he had problems but i feel that was more in fault to mourinho and alonso. mostly mourinho. many would disagree but I will always remember lass time in real madrid.

If only lass would have been coached by Carlo ancelotti maybe things would have turned out different. a b2b who can pass, defend, is technical, athletic and never runs out of stamina who also for some reason plays like an elite full back when placed there. many reasons to miss lass.

I hope Lass gets selected for France nt because he is class.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:21

Lass has been the starting holding mid for France dude... he's not only made the team but he's the starter next to Pogba and Matuidi. He was fantastic in the last internationals... although the circumstances were difficult for him obviously.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:23

sportsczy wrote:Lass has been the starting holding mid for France dude... he's not only made the team but he's the starter next to Pogba and Matuidi.  He was fantastic in the last internationals... although the circumstances were difficult for him obviously.

Lass, Pogba, Matuidi?

I see zero weak spots in that midfield. The euroes 2016 is dangerously prepared for france it seems. clearly the best midfield.

best part being if france rb goes down under, just slot lass in and be amazed. Lass fullback still amazes me to this day. would give carvajal a legit run for his money.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:25; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:24

Turok_TTZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Lass has been the starting holding mid for France dude... he's not only made the team but he's the starter next to Pogba and Matuidi.  He was fantastic in the last internationals... although the circumstances were difficult for him obviously.

Lass, Pogba, Matuidi?

I see zero weak spots in that midfield. The euroes 2016 is dangerously prepared for france it seems. clearly the best midfield.

I know you're being sarcastic due to the lack of a "legit" passer in that trio , but so far it worked perfectly . hmm

Last edited by farfan on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:25; edited 1 time in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:25

our fullbacks are pathetic...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:29

sportsczy wrote:our fullbacks are pathetic...  

farfan wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

Lass, Pogba, Matuidi?

I know you're being sarcastic due to the lack of a "legit" passer in that trio , but so far it worked perfectly . hmm

are you insulting me? France has LASSANA DIARRA. go watch some highlights of madrid where he assists benz be it short or long, lass can pass if he puts his mind to it. his mentality is his worst enemy. Benz got some great goals thanks to lass. never forget.

france has shit full backs? just move lass fullback then problem solved. lass hates being played out of position though.

friendly reminder YOU CAN'T SPELL CLASS WITHOUT LASS! I miss lassana diarra. would be a starter in current madrid midfield.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:33; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:31

I know very well that he's more than capable of anchoring the midfield ,  trust me  Laughing
But there is a persisting myth that the guy is just some brainless brute  when  actually his game has a lot of finesse too .
Deserved the number 10 shirt too . hmm :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:35

farfan wrote:I know very well that he's more than capable of anchoring the midfield ,  trust me  Laughing
But there is a persisting myth that the guy is just some brainless brute  when  actually his game has a lot of finesse too .
Deserved the number 10 shirt too . hmm :coffee:

no denying he cant position well but thats because he was something of a ball winner rather than your regular dm.

started out as a anchorman/dm but as his skills evolved and changed i figure he is more like a proper b2b mid. dude can do it all and to make up for his positioning issues, he runs his heart out. he is not slow so it works out.

make no mistake, i *bleep* love this guy. wish he was in madrid. showing peeps how to run for your damn team.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon 08 Feb 2016, 00:57

I've always liked him more than Khedira. Very good player
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 08 Feb 2016, 01:02

He never was and never will be a player who can handle a double-pivot in a 4231... he was born to be a holding mid in a 433 or in a diamond 442. He had no chance with Mou's tactics. He's at his best anticipating passes and cutting them off and winning the ball back. Under Mou's tactics, he was supposed to be reactive because he had to cover so much space and he struggled.

In any case... he's been just superb this season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon 08 Feb 2016, 07:41

i like lass. the time i appreciated him most was when we had juande ramos and he came in the middle of the season. now i haven't followed his career since he left. but i wasn't a big fan of his at all in the clashes against barcelona (i'm not a fan of a lot of our guys in those clashes), but i remember times when he could have fouled or stuck a leg in during those games and for whatever reasons didn't. i preferred khedira, yes i know, khedira couldn't pass the ball well to save his skin, and he wasn't as tough as lass, but he was a roughian.... i appreciated that. but in those games where sevilla valencia zaragoza et al could give us problems, lass was legit
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 08 Feb 2016, 12:35

Lass appreciation thread?

This should have been opened by a Barça fan 7 years ago. It has no place now.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down