S
RED
jibers
Valkyrja
Jay29
90 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 7 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by Unique Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:46 pm

rincon wrote:
Unique wrote:another way to look at it is this. if city had the Liverpool budget would pep have took the job.

Who cares?
Might as well ask him to go coach Brescia in serie b since he played for them.

On one side we have a rich team, the best salary, working with people he knows from barca, a better squad, champions league football, immediate trophy options. On the other side is liverpool in a slump.

Why did Sarry leave empoli for napoli? Why did Mihajlovic leave samp for milan? Why did conte leave bari for Juve? Why did pellegrini leave malaga for city? and on and on.

Everyone does this.
I'm not saying he shouldn't. I'm just pointing out why he did.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 7 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by jibers Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:46 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
rincon wrote:This thread...

Carlo is meh and Guardiola is a coward, then who the f... is a good coach??

Pep is an ambitious top manager, thats it, he ain't jesus, and he ain't trying to prove anyone anything. Mou went Porto-Chelsea-Inter-Madrid-Chelsea. Carlo went Juve-Milan-Chelsea-PSG-Madrid-Bayer. Why can't Pep do the same?

He has a vision of how to play football. Not my favorite, but having different styles makes football that much better. And what does he want? to win as much as possible. And what does he needs for that? good teams.

Mou proved himself at Porto and Ancelotti with Reggiana and Parma.

Pep hasn't done anything like that tbh. He got the Barca job with the GOAT there, then went to beat up on Bundesliga scrubs in a one team league.

Right, getting Barcelona B promoted is nothing Laughing

Ancelotti got handed the best Juve team that reached 3 cl finals in a row and flopped hard with them Laughing

That proven manager Laughing rofl

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Man Utd didn't offer him a job. The only other top team that would have offered him a job are Chelsea, another team with unlimited funds.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:49 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
rincon wrote:This thread...

Carlo is meh and Guardiola is a coward, then who the f... is a good coach??

Pep is an ambitious top manager, thats it, he ain't jesus, and he ain't trying to prove anyone anything. Mou went Porto-Chelsea-Inter-Madrid-Chelsea. Carlo went Juve-Milan-Chelsea-PSG-Madrid-Bayer. Why can't Pep do the same?

He has a vision of how to play football. Not my favorite, but having different styles makes football that much better. And what does he want? to win as much as possible. And what does he needs for that? good teams.

Pep hasn't done anything like that tbh. He got the Barca job with the GOAT there, then went to beat up on Bundesliga scrubs in a one team league.

Sure but why should he at this point? by the way, Im not saying he is better than those 2.

he started with barca b and did a great job. He lucked out with messi at barca, but why should he limit himself when so sought after. Maybe after he flops a job or two then he'll go to a smaller team, makes no sense to do it now.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:50 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:

This.
I do get ur point actually. He should have gone to Mk Dons promoted them to PL. Scout players on Sofifa and Futhead, buy likes of Lukakaus and bentekes and brumas with great potential and won the CL. Instead what he does he starts his career with Barca and wins pile of trophies while playing most beautiful football in history of game. What a pussy!

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:51 pm

At the end lads. City is that hot girl that was begging you to bang her brains out. How can Pep turn that down?

Last edited by Winter is Coming on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Onyx wrote:Man Utd didn't offer him a job. The only other top team that would have offered him a job are Chelsea, another team with unlimited funds.
if man u had the chance to take pep they would have. and its just silly to think otherwise
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:52 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:At the end lads. City is that hot girl that was begging you bang her brains out. How can Pep turn that down?
have a thumbs up for that. best answer in the thread cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:At the end lads. City is that hot girl that was begging you to bang her brains out. How can Pep turn that down?

That's why we are pissed at him. Anybody can bang hot gal but u need balls actually u don't need balls but anyway to bang the fat ugly gal

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:57 pm

Unique wrote:
Onyx wrote:Man Utd didn't offer him a job. The only other top team that would have offered him a job are Chelsea, another team with unlimited funds.
if man u had the chance to take pep they would have. and its just silly to think otherwise

According to Sky Sports Man Utd made no attempt to hijack his move to City.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:02 pm

danyjr wrote:He has had brain farts, so did Maldini and so have Piqué and Ramos, both considered by the majority to be world class (not by me btw).

In fact while we are at it, name me a current world class CB.
Sure, but Pique was no longer considered WC until he sorted himself out last season. Right now I'd say he is WC, but there were at least 2 seasons where his level dropped significantly.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:At the end lads. City is that hot girl that was begging you to bang her brains out. How can Pep turn that down?

That's why we are pissed at him. Anybody can bang hot gal but u need balls actually u don't need balls but anyway to bang the fat ugly gal

Anybody can bang a hot girl? That's news to me.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Onyx wrote:
Unique wrote:

do you think man u didn't know the score with pep going to city. they didn't go for him because they knew it was a done deal.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:08 pm

jibers wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:

Right, getting Barcelona B promoted is nothing Laughing

Ancelotti got handed the best Juve team that reached 3 cl finals in a row and flopped hard with them Laughing

That proven manager Laughing rofl

Getting promoted to Segunda isn't a big deal mate Laughing

Carlo got sacked after finishing second with Juve, could have been worse tbh.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:09 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
Anybody can bang a hot girl? That's news to me.

U seem to confuse "banging hot gal" and "having hot gal to bang"
E.g: I can bang hot gal but i cannot have hot gal to bang.
Anyway back on topic lets discuss why Pep needs to grow pair.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:15 pm

We need whoscored to verify if he has balls then with a possibility of era adjustments. Where's Harmonica when you need him?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:

This.
I do get ur point actually. He should have gone to Mk Dons promoted them to PL. Scout players on Sofifa and Futhead, buy likes of Lukakaus and bentekes and brumas with great potential and won the CL. Instead what he does he starts his career with Barca and wins pile of trophies while playing most beautiful football in history of game. What a pussy!

No shit
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:08 pm

It's a while back now but I don't understand why people think Sterling won't enjoy Pep's system? If he buys into Pep (which he probably will, especially considering Pep's work with other young players), then I think he'll be with the perfect manager for him. I understand the criticism here is that Sterling lacks a solid footballing brain and isn't technically gifted, but neither is Pedro, and he had the time of his career with Pep. David Villa was certainly technically gifted but most of his work was off the ball--something Sterling can emulate (the same, of course, goes for Pedro).

If Pep can get what he did out of Pedro, he can surely do the same with Sterling, who is a far, far more talented player. He's still very young and has a lot of growing to do yet, and I think having a manager like Pep around will be perfect for Sterling's development.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Maybe Pep can get Aguero healthy hmm

I seem to remember before Pep that Messi was quite injury prone tbh, most of Aguero's injuries seem to be down to poor preperation than anything else. Muscle injuries are very avoidable.

That had to do with Messi working directly with his own Physio that later on Barca promoted to another position within the club. Messi has since brought him back to work with him directly.

So it's not really Pep kept him healthy. Pep couldn't keep injury prone guys like Thiago and Robben healthy, I don't see how he will work miracles with Aguero. Those guys just get injured allot and nothing will soften that.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:25 pm

Reading through this thread and realizing people are still doubting Pep's ability

Jesus..
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:50 pm

CBarca wrote:It's a while back now but I don't understand why people think Sterling won't enjoy Pep's system? If he buys into Pep (which he probably will, especially considering Pep's work with other young players), then I think he'll be with the perfect manager for him. I understand the criticism here is that Sterling lacks a solid footballing brain and isn't technically gifted, but neither is Pedro, and he had the time of his career with Pep. David Villa was certainly technically gifted but most of his work was off the ball--something Sterling can emulate (the same, of course, goes for Pedro).

If Pep can get what he did out of Pedro, he can surely do the same with Sterling, who is a far, far more talented player. He's still very young and has a lot of growing to do yet, and I think having a manager like Pep around will be perfect for Sterling's development.
sterling will be replaced with a big money signing imo. now city have pep they wont wait for any player to make it to the top. they will buy them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

City are giving Pep full control over transfers?

rofl
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:55 pm

Unique wrote:
CBarca wrote:It's a while back now but I don't understand why people think Sterling won't enjoy Pep's system? If he buys into Pep (which he probably will, especially considering Pep's work with other young players), then I think he'll be with the perfect manager for him. I understand the criticism here is that Sterling lacks a solid footballing brain and isn't technically gifted, but neither is Pedro, and he had the time of his career with Pep. David Villa was certainly technically gifted but most of his work was off the ball--something Sterling can emulate (the same, of course, goes for Pedro).

sterling will be replaced with a big money signing imo. now city have pep they wont wait for any player to make it to the top. they will buy them.

Sterling WAS a big money signing for City, and they still need to meet certain EPL quota for home grown players and Sterling fills that hole (that's what she said).

If he doesnt' work out under Pep, which I don't see why he wouldn't, then I can see him relegated to a bench type role like Gotze was.

City's biggest issue's are the full back and midfield. They probably won't mess too much with the attack until the following summer, bar perhaps try to bring in a better winger than Navas.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:39 am

Unique wrote:
Onyx wrote:
Unique wrote:

do you think man u didn't know the score with pep going to city. they didn't go for him because they knew it was a done deal.

Why not at least try though? Sure Man Utd don't spend as much as City, but they have the background, history, tradition, atmosphere etc and about as much spending power as Bayern do.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:46 am

Perhaps Pep has had an agreement with City for some time now...and when Utd made a call to his agent realized it was futile and didn't bother beyond that.

Pep's made it known in the past he likes Utd, so had they had a chance I'm sure they would of gone after it. Fact they didn't try harder just all but confirms to me that the rumor that Pep had committed himself to City long ago are true.

In reality, no one knows what went on behind the scenes and everyone is just speculating.

Last edited by windkick on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:46 am

Actually they have spent just as much if not more than City in the last few yrs Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next