Kaladin
Dante
Il Diavolo
7 posters

Go down

Carpi vs Miilan | Decemmber 6, 2015 Empty Carpi vs Miilan | Decemmber 6, 2015

Post by Il Diavolo Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Pre match comments from Mihajlovic:
Opening comments from the coach: "On paper we are the stronger side, but we have to go and show that with our performance. Our objective is to maintain our 2 points per match average until the half-way stage of the season. The TIM Cup is one of our objectives for the season, but before that we have Serie A to focus on. The team is compact, united and relaxed. We will do everything to bring home the 3 points versus Carpi. I have a lot of respect for their coach Fabrizio Castori while we have to watch out for former Milan striker Marco Borriello. We need to make sure we play our game. Bonaventura? He is doing very well, he can play in several positions, but out wide he is at his best. He is a player that makes the difference and he is continuing to improve."  

Mihajlovic reflected on the mid-week cup match: "I was looking for answers versus Crotone in the TIM Cup, and I got them. We may have struggled, but we reached our goal of going through to the next round although I expected more quality from our performance. We have done well in the past 8 matches, and we have lost just one match, but my players have to stay focused on our objectives. We will fight for a top-three finish, the season is long, so let’s see how the next 5 matches go and then the second part of the season.
Boateng has always trained well with us and he is physically fine. He’s an important player who has always conducted himself well and trained well. He could be useful to us. Bacca is doing well too and training well. He has character and gives his all; he could be important for us versus Carpi."  

Just like last week, the coach called for consistency: "We’re trying to win every match and be consistent with our results. We will try to give our all and win every match. Inter have had ins and outs, while we have started from scratch. The team has big margins for improvement. We have some tricky matches, and the mental attitude is vital. I wish the President well after his operation. The President has always respected all of my choices. I meet with CEO Galliani every day and there is respect between us. My choices have always been backed by him."  

The Milan coach is eyeing up improvements: "We need to improve in terms of continuity and personality. We can improve in all areas I think. I am pleased to have more choice in attack. We’re talking about the January transfer window, but the club knows where we need to strengthen. Josè Mauri has done well, but he needs to grow. He can become an important option for us."

Probable starting Lineup: Donnarumma; Abate, Alex, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Cerci, Montolivo, Kucka, Bonaventura; Niang, Bacca.

Antonelli is injured, so MDS will be taking his place. Should be a fairly straightforward and winnable game for us, but you never know.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Carpi vs Miilan | Decemmber 6, 2015 Empty Re: Carpi vs Miilan | Decemmber 6, 2015

Post by Dante Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:58 am

Agreed , although i usually restrain myself from getting optimistic after a couple of good games , -we've seen rather too much in the last 2 years really- , i think this is a match that we are more than qualified to win .

However , that's not to say i expect us to stomp Carpi at their home. I just expect us to be the better team in the end , leaving with 3 points .

Finally , the game with Carpi and the next 2 , should tell us a lot about our season. I think it's imperative we get all 9 points , there's almost no excuse. If we keep playing like we have , then none of these teams should take 1 point from Milan .

If we fail in this , i'll know some mentality issues are still there. We can't possibly have a more easier schedule . Next 3 games are teams that currently sit at , or near the bottom of the table. Not sure how to describe it right now , but if we manage to get 9 points from the next 3 games , it will be salvation for our season . We could be standing at a pretty nice spot come January with those 9 points..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Carpi vs Miilan | Decemmber 6, 2015 Empty Re: Carpi vs Miilan | Decemmber 6, 2015

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:00 pm

I get the feeling we'll have a hard time against them, maybe even lose
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Come to chat, don't leave me alone guys pls
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Donnarumma lmaooooo what a boss
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:57 pm

Lmao Carpi dominating.

You just know Boriello will score.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:07 pm

As i've said before, this team doesn't have the personnel, the mental capacity and the right attitude to make top 5, let my bet that i made before the season started be a testament to that
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:33 pm

Carpi keeper turning to Dino Zoff (:

Two penalties not given (:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:41 pm

The Cerci effect

https://i.imgur.com/YCmEnmk.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Sinisa made 1 sub only, goes to show how much he trusts the rest of the crap players we have on hand
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:00 pm

the ref was indeed ridiculous . That last corner of the game ? Luiz was blatantly manhandled in the area and he gives offensive foul... i don't even...it was right in front of him , my jaw dropped right there. Unbelievable . Like , it's one thing not to give such a thing , you see that plenty , but to give it the opposite way is something absolutely ridiculous . Dude had his arm locked around Luiz' neck ffs .

Anyway , really disappointed with both our game and the end result. That's exactly how a team misses seasonal goals. You just don't drop points against 3rd from bottom of the table teams and presume to say our goal is this and that.

Cerci , Niang , Montolivo , De Sciglio , they played so bad this game. I felt pity for Bacca at some point , dude must have been like 10-15 minutes without the ball.. they just wouldn't even attempt passing it to him. Jack tried but he couldn't penetrate their defense and our few legit chances were far from enough .

I don't understand why we have to fail every other game to get our shit together. I could accept it all if this had been , say Lazio , or Palermo , but wtf , flopping against Carpi . smh

Pretty frustrated by the result . We better win against Frosinone , tonight was sad to watch . And what's worse , we're 8th right now. How do they expect finishing into the top 6 when we can't even win against rock bottom teams , it's almost beyond me . Tonight's game was a pretty good example of our weak mentality , almost full team coming off positive games and we watch .. this .

sigh
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:04 pm

ES wrote:As i've said before, this team doesn't have the personnel, the mental capacity and the right attitude to make top 5, let my bet that i made before the season started be a testament to that

:facepalm:

Really?

Top 3 and your comment makes sense but top 5? We're literally 3 points off fifth place.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:04 pm

M99 wrote:The Cerci effect

https://i.imgur.com/YCmEnmk.png

ffs..

even when he was being substituted , it felt like he wasn't even there , he was just casually walking , until Montolivo had to scold him and push him to go faster in the sidelines . Italian tilt master Cerci , he was horrible this game .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:07 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
ES wrote:As i've said before, this team doesn't have the personnel, the mental capacity and the right attitude to make top 5, let my bet that i made before the season started be a testament to that

:facepalm:

Really?

Top 3 and your comment makes sense but top 5? We're literally 3 points off fifth place.

Juve is 5th, mate, and we're 5 points away not 3
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Ops, didn't account for the draw today, alright 4 points away, but those teams are all better than us, with the exception of Roma who seem to be undergoing problems of their own. Nevertheless, i expect them to finish above us
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Ummm nope, we're 3 away.

And are you really confident that Fio, Napoli and especially Roma are going to show any kind of continuity throughout the season?
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Do you expect us to suddenly change gear from the craptastic stuff we've been playing? Those teams won't be on cloud nine forever, but you count on us to not capitalize on slip ups and beat teams such as, oh i don't know, Carpi
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:24 pm

I know that in the 8 games since that 4-0 loss to Napoli, we have 5 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss (against Juve).

More than that, I've seen a very clear improvement in  performance over the past two months. So, despite the loss today, which if you watched the game you would see was only due to some great saves and last ditch defending by Carpi, Milan is on a definite rise.

We'll see I guess.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:Ummm nope, we're 3 away.

And are you really confident that Fio, Napoli and especially Roma are going to show any kind of continuity throughout the season?

This would make some sense if ourselves showed any kind of true continuity whatsoever , let alone throughout the season . Even if they won't be consistent throughout , will it even matter when we will probably be doing the same thing?

It's mainly these kind of games that really make a difference in May and as we continue to see , we're far from a safe bet at constantly capitalizing on them . It seems when we finally have things into our hands , we just have to mess it up and have to hope others will fail too . For Milan's sake , let's hope we win both of our next games . We can't slip up more than we have , winning against rock bottom of the table teams is obviously a must ; letting points fly against teams like Carpi and Frosinone and Verona , that won't do .

Having said that , of course , we have shown very positive signs lately , however i think we shouldn't excuse ourselves. We can't take this lightly, being on the rise and failing to win against rock bottom teams means our improvement isn't that significant either . What am i to think when Milan fails against Carpi ? We had the easiest 3 games in a row we could possibly have and we already have 2 points less. Anything other than 6 points from the next two games will be a big failure and a massive slip up toward our seasonal goal , imho .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Honestly if we are to stick with this system (which I think we should), we better make some smart buys in the winter. Cerci had some good games, but he's also had so many bad games like this one. And it's so frustrating to watch him play. The moment he was subbed off, our play in the final third improved dramatically. Luiz Adriano needs more time over Cerci IMO.

The ref was pretty dumb with those decisions at the end, but to be honest, I cant't say we deserved to win this game considering how we played. Defense was solid. But other than that, it was pretty meh. Montolivo failed to play his role. Cerci was really bad. We could never really get anything going bar the last five minutes.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:46 am

Cookie Monster wrote:I know that in the 8 games since that 4-0 loss to Napoli, we have 5 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss (against Juve).

More than that, I've seen a very clear improvement in  performance over the past two months. So, despite the loss today, which if you watched the game you would see was only due to some great saves and last ditch defending by Carpi, Milan is on a definite rise.

We'll see I guess.

I love your optimism, I just don't share it. We're nowhere near enough to challenge the teams in the top 5. Every single time we build up a bit of momentum, we tie to Atalanta or Carpi and go back to square one.

ES made a great point, look at the teams in the top 5 right now:

Inter
Fiorentina
Napoli
Roma
Juventus

Who of those five are we better than? Every single team has a better squad, a better coach, better mentality, and more consistency. Don't see how we finish any higher than sixth, unless we sign someone big in January.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:15 am

Honestly, what way the match is going has become predictable. You can "feel" the result of the game after just 10 minutes of match time, the attitude of the players going to the match tells you the result.

We desperately need leaders in midfield and defence. Monto and Kucka should be subs at best. Cerci and Honda (as much as I like his hard work) don't fit the team and should not be a part of it. Suso should be loaned out, this leaves us with no decent RM in the 4-4-2, someone like Perotti must come in. Romagnoli needs an experienced partner who is better than Alex, ideally this would have been T. Silva Crying or Very sad

If we take a look at Milan's bench, apart from L. Adriano, there are no players that can make a difference in the game. Players like Poli, Nocerino, and Zapata should not even be close to Milan. I honestly don't know how Galliani let it get this bad; Maldini's recent words are spot on, the man knows nothing about football.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down