MaraVilla
Grande_Milano
Firenze
33 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manga and Anime  - Page 25 Empty Re: Manga and Anime

Post by Firenze Sat 10 Mar - 22:16:00

speaking of which, there's going to be a new Psycho Pass 'project', there are some teasers that got released the other day. Sadly not a new series, but 3 movies. One of them is a prequel featuring Masaoka (old detective) from the first season. It's something at least. Not very hyped after the second season and the movie from a couple years ago. First movie isn't out until Jan 2019.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 10 Mar - 22:47:57

Pyscho pass will never have anything to match the first season. They need to end these new seasons or spin offs for good.

Read Uzumaki in one sitting. It's by one of the highly regarded mangaka Unji Ito (can see why. Guy is a genius). Exceptional art. And extremely unsettling (enough to say WTF loudly at times). Great manga though and it's a page turner. Couldn't stop reading. Not for everyone since it's supernatural horror kinda genre.

There is a live action film for it too apparently.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat 10 Mar - 22:52:41

Not a fan of that author, I've read tons of his works. Except Uzumaki, which is supposed to be his best..thing is I read so many and was unimpressed that it put me off reading that. I think he's mostly just rated highly because there aren't too many horror manga creators out there and he was one of the first, he is like the father of horror manga. Most of his stuff are painfully average and pointless. Cool concepts though. Read Gyo. Since you liked Uzumaki, it's his second most famous I think.

Again for what it's worth Uzumaki is by far his most famous and I haven't read it. He has an anime airing atm for all of his short stories, heard it's hit and miss though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 10 Mar - 23:02:01

Yea reading his other stuff soon. I read the discussion on Uzumaki and many called that pointless too which I don't agree with but i know where people are coming from. I think his material can be classed as 'Enjoy the journey rather than the destination' since even uzumaki has a very controversial ending which half the fans hate but I thought it fit the theme. But the way he creates atmosphere and his concepts are incredible.

Also read Ibitsu recently which is a good horror manga.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 18 Mar - 16:21:36

who watched DB super here?

last episode was great, i had just hope Goku would lose to at least someone, but they made Jiren attack his friends to turn him into a villain when he is not. the guy was only fighting that dumb tourney because Goku is stupid and wanted to have that big tournament.

But of course Friendship no jutsu was too strong, as always, ffs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 19 Mar - 19:03:18

Dragonball Super is one of the worst things I've ever laid eyes on and this is coming from a fan of the OG series as a kid. Anyone not enjoying it purely out of nostalgia needs to slap themselves. Absolute mindless series littered with pure cringe tropes and asspulls. It's just a huge cash grab. Insane how popular it is though in Latin America (world wide too tbh) with government putting on shows for tens of thousands on public screens etc, saw the tweets.

ANYWAY

The real reason I'm here..it was announced today that VINLAND SAGA is getting an anime from the studio that makes Attack on Titan

honestly I'm shocked but anyone that hasn't read it now has NO EXCUSES

has the potential to be a GOAT anime ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 19 Mar - 19:06:54

Firenze wrote:Dragonball Super is one of the worst things I've ever laid eyes on and this is coming from a fan of the OG series as a kid. Anyone not enjoying it purely out of nostalgia needs to slap themselves. Absolute mindless series littered with pure cringe tropes and asspulls. It's just a huge cash grab. Insane how popular it is though in Latin America (world wide too tbh) with government putting on shows for tens of thousands on public screens etc, saw the tweets.

How far have you seen it ? it's been really good since the Future Trunks Arc imo.

It was meh before that mind you.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 20 Mar - 20:32:05

Firenze wrote:Dragonball Super is one of the worst things I've ever laid eyes on and this is coming from a fan of the OG series as a kid. Anyone not enjoying it purely out of nostalgia needs to slap themselves. Absolute mindless series littered with pure cringe tropes and asspulls. It's just a huge cash grab. Insane how popular it is though in Latin America (world wide too tbh) with government putting on shows for tens of thousands on public screens etc, saw the tweets.

ANYWAY

The real reason I'm here..it was announced today that VINLAND SAGA is getting an anime from the studio that makes Attack on Titan

Smh you just really posted a whole paragraph shitting on something just because its so popular and well liked?

Let people enjoy what they want.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue 20 Mar - 21:05:35

You can enjoy it for what it is, just don't ever tell me it's good. It's offensively bad unless you're like 10. Getting unreal hype online. Watching the latest episodes is literally like watching some old anime AMV on youtube rofl Some of the worst stuff I've ever seen and I am a big fan of the OG series like I said.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 20 Mar - 21:46:55

I think it's good hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 20 Mar - 22:05:03

Firenze wrote:
ANYWAY

Tears in my eyes

Day 1

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 21 Mar - 3:33:52

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think it's good hmm

I'm not caught up with it, I got bored and dropped it at one point but I saw the last ep with my friends since they are huge fans and were hyping it incredibly.

The Goku vs Jiren fight was insane, the animation was really good and its one of the best fight scenes the entire Dragon Ball series has ever seen.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 21 Mar - 3:47:44

M99 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think it's good hmm

I'm not caught up with it, I got bored and dropped it at one point but I saw the last ep with my friends since they are huge fans and were hyping it incredibly.

The Goku vs Jiren fight was insane, the animation was really good and its one of the best fight scenes the entire Dragon Ball series has ever seen.

I've enjoyed the whole Tournament of Power saga tbh, mainly because it's basically a 10 universe royal rumble lmfao.

They've done a surprisingly good job of showcasing who they want to showcase and not making them look like complete idiots.

Also I'm pleasantly surprised that they haven't fed Jiren to Goku Reigns yet tbh, which pleases me.

Now I've said that it's inevitable they'll find a way to do it next episode.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar - 14:11:45

Firenze wrote:You can enjoy it for what it is, just don't ever tell me it's good. It's offensively bad unless you're like 10. Getting unreal hype online. Watching the latest episodes is literally like watching some old anime AMV on youtube rofl Some of the worst stuff I've ever seen and I am a big fan of the OG series like I said.

The original was just as bad, you just probably have good memories of it because you were a kid at the time.

I remember at one point Goku was dying of heart disease or something like that Laughing Laughing ...I bet they thought that storyline was relatable to the world at large Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 26 Mar - 14:16:23

Who is responsible for not telling me how fcking brilliant the promised Neverland is?

Goat manga :bow:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 26 Mar - 15:58:33

Betty La Fea wrote:
Firenze wrote:You can enjoy it for what it is, just don't ever tell me it's good. It's offensively bad unless you're like 10. Getting unreal hype online. Watching the latest episodes is literally like watching some old anime AMV on youtube rofl Some of the worst stuff I've ever seen and I am a big fan of the OG series like I said.

The original was just as bad, you just probably have good memories of it because you were a kid at the time.

Oh yeah, no doubt. A lot of series are like that, I wouldn't be able to get through 10 episodes of stuff like Digimon, Beyblade as an adult lol.

Mr Nick09 wrote:Who is responsible for not telling me how fcking brilliant the promised Neverland is?

dunno how far in you are or if you're caught up, felt it hit a bit of a lull halfway through but it's gotten good again lately, definitely the most promising ongoing shounen of the post Naruto/Bleach era IMO

It can get corny AF at times like all shounen but I'm a fan of the premise
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 26 Mar - 19:08:37

Was wondering why promised neverland is in my fav tab on mangarock. Realised it's from here ffs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 26 Mar - 22:55:55

Have you heard of Song of the Long March firenze?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 26 Mar - 23:03:49

yeah, was gonna start reading it but heard the author has issues with the publisher and its basically on indefinite hiatus, don't need another berserk situation in my life, heard it's really good though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 26 Mar - 23:13:36

lol. Why does this only happen to great mangas?

I'll start it anyways.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue 27 Mar - 0:47:43

Firenze wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Who is responsible for not telling me how fcking brilliant the promised Neverland is?

dunno how far in you are or if you're caught up, felt it hit a bit of a lull halfway through but it's gotten good again lately, definitely the most promising ongoing shounen of the post Naruto/Bleach era IMO

It can get corny AF at times like all shounen but I'm a fan of the premise

i am caught yes, the first 80 chapters are fantastic, it's great, recommending to all my friends if they havent started yet. it's definitely the best since the end of the big 3, no doubt about it. If there is better please show me.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 31 Mar - 12:54:18

Read 114 chapters of Higanjima to find out it has been stopped translating for 2 years....

Great.

Might watch the live action movie to see how it ends lmao.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat 31 Mar - 14:46:18

lol it's why I always check before I start something now, had that happen too many times

got some series that randomly get a new chapter after like 2 years Laughing

anyway everyone get on Golden Kamuy if you're in the mood for a new anime, starts in a week or so

it's my favorite weekly manga atm by far
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 31 Mar - 14:50:18

It's not even a good manga. Just a great premises but full of shit writing and characters and dialogues. Invested too much so need to know how it ends ffs. Found raw scans so might just look at the art and figure it out myself.

Heard great things about Golden Kamuy.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat 31 Mar - 14:51:36

have you read Gantz RG? forgot if I asked, super famous, I think you would like it if you're reading stuff like that, the setting is incredible and the action scenes are great..it's one of the most disappointing things i've ever read though because the author is a hack when it comes to characters, especially females when they are basically just tits (dont even mind that) and how people dont have consistent personalities IMO, could have been a GOAT lvl manga

good action/horror/sci fi, with characters dying often though if you just enjoy it for that and its certainly not predictable

you should also finish Alice in Borderland that you told me about a while ago, since it finished about a year back now, that was fantastic
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 31 Mar - 14:56:30

Think I stopped Gantz at some point years ago. Don't remember why but couldn't get into it.

And yea, I still need to transfer all my mangas from the old tablet to new one. There are about 40 mangas i need to catch up on which all probably have 100+ chapters now if not finished. Apart from Berserk of course.

Did you ever start suicide island? I don't even want to finish that because I like the setting and story so much that i don't think i'll find something similar if i finish it lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next