McAgger
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
futbol
56 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Mule League Denunciation Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mule League Denunciation Thread

Post by Lucifer Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:00 pm

linetty wrote:
futbol wrote:What a visionary the starter of the thread was. Shocked  

Yes indeed

May you have a good night our great overlord, our shepherd, show us the way Proud
he is the hero we need and deserve Proud

Last edited by Pirloisjesus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

The Mule League Denunciation Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mule League Denunciation Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He probably didn't even watch the game, as usual.

Yes, because it's not like they park great Champions League games with Spanish teams on the "Spanish Speaking" channels and flood us with Arsenal or Man United or Chelsea vs (Name your awful team here) on the main channels in the United States.

It's so hard to find an Arsenal game on TV in the states.

But it's the next Premface go to excuse after we didn't try. You probably didn't watch the game.

You really are an idiot, or just absolutely terrible at simple reading comprehension. If you find understanding English difficult, I can translate posts in here? It's ok to admit it. Nothing wrong in that since we offer this to many others in here who have English as their 2nd language.

Just contact any Moderator and he/she will help you with it buddy.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Spurs on current form would beat them IMO.

They have looked really good ever since Pochettino finally realised that Ali at CM who is actually progressive is much better than scrubs like Mason, Dembele etc etc.

Also support Harry Kane with direct and technically proficient attacking midfielders instead of crap designed to keep the ball and *bleep* all else.

Everton and Swansea are toss ups, they both could IMO but i don't really trust them personally. This is more about Arsenal being utterly disgusting choke jobs than anything else IMO.

Classic premface response

It really is though Laughing

Fantasizing how all those teams would beat Olympiakos when they can't qualify for Europe ahead of Arsenal to save their lives.
I won't even bring up their EL performances Laughing

I was responding to RGs post tbh, i really don't care but if you don't think this is more to do with how much of a mental joke Arsenal than anything else i don't know what to say tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:00 pm

izzy wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:Yes, because it's not like they park great Champions League games with Spanish teams on the "Spanish Speaking" channels and flood us with Arsenal or Man United or Chelsea vs (Name your awful team here) on the main channels in the United States.

But it's the next Premface go to excuse after we didn't try.  You probably didn't watch the game.

The goals were gifts Dnmac. That's not debatable, come on now. The defending was comical.

I have no comment on the goals.  But teams do force there luck and 3 of them?

I could see if it was a 1-0 with Arsenal having 20 shots and an own goal beats them but losing 3-2.

That's a different story.

And BTW kudos to you for seeing how pathetic this thing has become with the massive resource gap at the EPL's disposal. You sir have taken your head out of the sand and will be better off for it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
farfan wrote:meh ,this slump wont last very long  , so all the haters should enjoy this while it lasts .
the PL will just spend its way out of trouble in the near future . you got better coaches ? they'll sign them . got better players ? they'll sign them . got better technical directors ? they'll sign them .
some of you don't seem to grasp the magnitude of the new TV deals yet .hmm
the EPL will dominate again .

Uh this has been happening for the last 5 years. The very thing you are saying will happen. It's already happened and the league is worse off for it.

farfan is right though.
The current top EPL teams might be in a slump, but things are developing. 2nd-3rd tier teams strengthening with all that money, West Ham, Swansea, getting good coaches too.
At some point all that investment will show results, whether in EL or CL.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:02 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He probably didn't even watch the game, as usual.

Yes, because it's not like they park great Champions League games with Spanish teams on the "Spanish Speaking" channels and flood us with Arsenal or Man United or Chelsea vs (Name your awful team here) on the main channels in the United States.

But it's the next Premface go to excuse after we didn't try. You probably didn't watch the game.

You really are an idiot, or just absolutely terrible at simple reading comprehension. If you find understanding English difficult, I can translate posts in here? It's ok to admit it. Nothing wrong in that since we offer this to many others in here who have English as their 2nd language.

Just contact any Moderator and he/she will help you with it buddy.

I got nothing from that post relevant to anything said. I think we are all now dumber for reading that post.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Classic premface response

It really is though Laughing

Fantasizing how all those teams would beat Olympiakos when they can't qualify for Europe ahead of Arsenal to save their lives.
I won't even bring up their EL performances Laughing

I was responding to RGs post tbh, i really don't care but if you don't think this is more to do with how much of a mental joke Arsenal than anything else i don't know what to say tbh.

How come this mental joke is top 4 through 20 years though? Are you telling me Tottenham are LESS of a mental joke?

Or is it all different because Gary Neville claimed they are strong now cause they happened to win against City lol?

They clobbered Chelsea last January too, mind you.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:I have no comment on the goals.  But teams do force there luck and 3 of them?

I could see if it was a 1-0 with Arsenal having 20 shots and an own goal beats them but losing 3-2.

That's a different story.

And BTW kudos to you for seeing how pathetic this thing has become with the massive resource gap at the EPL's disposal. You sir have taken your head out of the sand and will be better off for it.

They were AWFUL goals though. Laughing

A basic corner routine where no one responds?
The keeper drops a corner into the goal?
Concede right from the kick-off?

You don't see that in one game from a top team.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:06 pm

After having lost 12 consecutive matches in the UK, scoring 3 goals and conceding 37, Olympiacos won 3:2 against Arsenal tonight. Olympiacos have scored 3 goals in 50 years in England in total.

Only ignorant idiots would claim we didn't gift them the goals tonight.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
farfan wrote:meh ,this slump wont last very long  , so all the haters should enjoy this while it lasts .
the PL will just spend its way out of trouble in the near future . you got better coaches ? they'll sign them . got better players ? they'll sign them . got better technical directors ? they'll sign them .

Uh this has been happening for the last 5 years. The very thing you are saying will happen. It's already happened and the league is worse off for it.

farfan is right though.
The current top EPL teams might be in a slump, but things are developing. 2nd-3rd tier teams strengthening with all that money, West Ham, Swansea, getting good coaches too.

There already operating on a massive financial advantage in these competitions. I don't see how anymore really is going to do anything.

I mean Liverpool put a 100 million dollar side out against FC Bordeaux and tied. What more of an advantage do they need?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:08 pm

InafterthestandardDMADDDDDDDDDDDDDD post.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

farfan is right though.

There already operating on a massive financial advantage in these competitions. I don't see how anymore really is going to do anything.

I mean Liverpool put a 100 million dollar side out against FC Bordeaux and tied. What more of an advantage do they need?

I'm not saying their spending will be particularly EFFICIENT. But it will be so massive compared to the rest of us that at some point something's got to give.
Coaches can be bought and hired too after all. And make no mistake, the current top team slump is mostly one of coaching - mainly Ferguson retiring.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:After having lost 12 consecutive matches in the UK, scoring 3 goals and conceding 37, Olympiacos won 3:2 against Arsenal tonight. Olympiacos have scored 3 goals in 50 years in England in total.

Only ignorant idiots would claim we didn't gift them the goals tonight.

You make your own luck in this world.

And LOL for you to be in the bash EPL thread getting your panties in a bunch.  

Go to the Arsenal room and give out the standard "so and so probably didn't watch the game", or "we weren't even trying" or "we gave them that game they didn't win it".

At least you will have a receptive audience there.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:14 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

Uh this has been happening for the last 5 years.  The very thing you are saying will happen.  It's already happened and the league is worse off for it.

farfan is right though.

There already operating on a massive financial advantage in these competitions.  I don't see how anymore really is going to do anything.

I mean Liverpool put a 100 million dollar side out against FC Bordeaux and tied.  What more of an advantage do they need?

just because they are failing at this very instant and shitting the bed in the market  doesn't mean their deep pockets won't ever save them or that they'll keep failing forever . Laughing
Monaco made a deep run in Europe last year with a handful of shrewd signings and good coaching .
that took 1 YEAR to achieve . Laughing
we already saw a successful money   team in PSG . a team that's Arguably better than any EPL  side at the moment .
Chelsea went from a pub team to a global brand and won 2 european titles in less than a decade since Abramovich started spending . you think they can't duplicate that success ?  because... ?

you can keep writing philosophical essays on why England's teams are failing in Europe , but we all know than most of these teams are two / three transfer windows away from achieving European success .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:15 pm

farfan wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

Uh this has been happening for the last 5 years.  The very thing you are saying will happen.  It's already happened and the league is worse off for it.

5 years ? here we go again with the exaggerations.
wasn't that Man u in the final 4 years ago ?
wasn't that Chelsea winning the CL 3 years ago ?
wasn't that the same chelsea in the semis just the year before ?

it's a temporary slump . it will get painful for you haters i know it . Proud

5 years of spending at an insane clip compared to any other league. Has nothing to do with results 3 or 4 years ago.

That's not what you were talking about.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:21 pm

farfan wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

farfan is right though.

There already operating on a massive financial advantage in these competitions.  I don't see how anymore really is going to do anything.

I mean Liverpool put a 100 million dollar side out against FC Bordeaux and tied.  What more of an advantage do they need?

just because they are failing at this very instant and shitting the bed in the market  doesn't mean their deep pockets won't ever save them or that they'll keep failing forever . Laughing
Monaco made a deep run in Europe last year with a handful of shrewd signings and good coaching .
we already saw a successful money   team in PSG . a team that's Arguably better than any EPL  side at the moment .
Chelsea went from a pub team to a global brand and won 2 european titles in less than a decade since Abramovich started spending . you think they can't duplicate that success ?  because... ?

you can keep writing philosophical essays on why England's teams are failing in Europe , but we all know than most of these teams are two / three transfer windows away from achieving European success .

As currently constituted no. This is not true.

The only constant these last couple years is the horrific wasting of money in the transfer market by these teams.

To think there just going to figure it out or break years of bad habits in a couple windows is insane.

Not to mention the elephant in the room, the top players in the world and I mean the cream of the crop don't want to play in England. Point blank.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:26 pm

insane ? Laughing the actual insanity is believing that these teams will keep failing forever as they get richer by the year. Laughing
they'll figure it out soon...or better yet , they'll hire someone who can figure it out for them .
it wasn't too long ago that 3 english teams in the Semis was a frequent sight .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:40 pm

As Farfan said wonderfully, they'll eventually figure it out and Sky and BT would be even more obnoxious. In the meantime, do enjoy this period of mediocrity from England's top teams.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:32 am

Never seen RG this pissed before Shocked

What have you done Dnmad
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:30 am

Don't worry, we took action and banned RG from this thread. Although this doesn't mean that people can do now as they wish. If things get ugly from here on, I will lock this thread immediately and issue warnings / dock percents as I see fit. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:41 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The battle between English and Italian clubs in the coefficient represents two bald men fighting over a comb

That's gold, especially since one of those bald men is Galliani.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:53 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
farfan wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

As currently constituted no. This is not true.

The only constant these last couple years is the horrific wasting of money in the transfer market by these teams.

To think there just going to figure it out or break years of bad habits in a couple windows is insane.

Not to mention the elephant in the room, the top players in the world and I mean the cream of the crop don't want to play in England. Point blank.

In order for the EPL to continiously underpreform as they have been doing for the past two seasons, they need to be hit financially.

However, that is not the case.

Like in real-life, where infinite money can almost do anything, EPL teams can throw money at the problem until it disappears.

That doesn't mean that they can become better than other rich clubs (Barca, Madrid, Bayern). But they will attempt to buy out all the rest of the competition.

Sure, a smart well-drilled team might manage to beat them in the CL. But they would then buy the stars of that team, because they have a lot of money to spend.

I don't think its coincidence that Serie A was the best league back when it was the riches league. Nor that the most successful clubs in the world have always been the richest clubs as well. Money unfortunately matters a lot in football, and although the EPL might stumble a little, it has too much money to continue to fail.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:42 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
farfan wrote:

you can keep writing philosophical essays on why England's teams are failing in Europe  , but we all know than most of these teams are two  / three transfer windows away from  achieving European success .

As currently constituted no.  This is not true.

Not to mention the elephant in the room, the top players in the world and I mean the cream of the crop don't want to play in England.  Point blank.

In order for the EPL to continiously underpreform as they have been doing for the past two seasons, they need to be hit financially.

However, that is not the case.

Like in real-life, where infinite money can almost do anything, EPL teams can throw money at the problem until it disappears.

That doesn't mean that they can become better than other rich clubs (Barca, Madrid, Bayern). But they will attempt to buy out all the rest of the competition.

Sure, a smart well-drilled team might manage to beat them in the CL. But they would then buy the stars of that team, because they have a lot of money to spend.

I don't think its coincidence that Serie A was the best league back when it was the riches league. Nor that the most successful clubs in the world have always been the richest clubs as well. Money unfortunately matters a lot in football, and although the EPL might stumble a little, it has too much money to continue to fail.

Past two seasons?  This has been going on for longer than that, basically since SAF's last year in charge at United when they were losing to Basel.

Since Chelsea won the CL in 2011 the EPL has been very underwhelming in Europe.

And also since that time the EPL has been outspending other leagues at an insane clip.  Go look at how massive some of these EPL squads are and how many of the players are not homegrown hence they were bought.

To your point they have been buying the stars of other teams to no effect.  I mean it's a repeating cycle and on the other end the best players in the EPL have been leaving the league as well.

Bale, Suarez, Modric etc 3 of the best players in the league all left for La Liga.

The truth is that these teams have been horrible in the market and have gotten cash windfalls from some of there best players leaving and wasting the money.

Until the cream of the crop want to play in the EPL and they can retain those players and then add to them and actually build a team not just buy a bunch of names nothing is going to change.  Again they are already spending hoards of money rotating coaches in and out of these jobs with good CL records.

Everything people say will change this situation has been happening for years now and it's getting worse.

The EPL is left having to prop up Alexis Sanchez, Eden Hazard, Harry Kane as the leagues best players.

When compared to Neymar, Messi, Suarez, Bale, Ronaldo, Benz, Iniesta, Greisemann, Modric, James, I mean there just not as good.

Again unless the EPL can get first crack at the worlds best players in the market they will stay behind the big boys in La Liga, PSG and Bayern.

Sure they can improve on not losing to provincial sides from Eastern Europe but again the whole power structure at these clubs need to change because they don't have a clue how to spend there money or how to form a team.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:07 am

The problem is the style of play in the EPL which no EPL team, however talented, can change on a dime when they have to play proper football to win against teams that play proper football at a high level.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:19 am

What style problem? Is Arsenal's style really so different than Valencia's? Yet one is denounced as part of the mule league and the other is praised for being part of GOAT liga. This league vs league stuff is nonsense.

And here we have Dnmac claiming that the EPL can't attract top players when if asked in an interview almost all top players will say "I'd like to play at some point in England"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:28 am

I don't get Arsenal's obsession with Wenger. This guy is always taking 1 step forward and 2 step back. If the club had any ambition they would start looking to replace him asap. A few FA Cups doesn't rule out almost a decade of finishing 2/3/4th. Now he might not even get them out of the group.

As for the mule league, it's becoming comical watching them fall apart like this.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next