Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

+21
Lord Spencer
Lomka
Thimmy
Valkyrja
LeBéninois
Sri
Donuts
S
Cruijf
sportsczy
Doc
futbol
jibers
Abramovich
BarrileteCosmico
Myesyats
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Dnmac4
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 19:21

srigooner wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
srigooner wrote:


Özil has always had his fans and his detractors. If that makes your case for why/how someone stops being world class once they left the mighty La Liga for the donkey PL, then you basically reinforced my point. Thanks for that. Thumbs up

Nobody ever said Liverpool or Tottenham (Laughing) spent their money wisely. So those are bad examples too.

Let's pretend that Costa, Hazard, Fabregas, Toure, Silva, Aguero, ... are all shit while we're at it. Because none of them are 'world class' if they play in PL.

And let's pretend Suarez didn't want to move to Arsenal just one year before Barca came calling, or that he signed a new contract with a clear release clause after all the hoola hoop that summer after Arsenal's bid was rejected by Liverpool because they didn't want to do business with a rival. Because you know, 'world class' players don't want to play in shitty PL in England.

The definition of 'world class' is well debated and to no end on this forum. Ultimately, who you consider 'world class' and how you define it is purely subjective - at best, you can have some consensus when a few others agree with you on your definition and which players you allot to that category.

Like I said in my first post, you have the right to your opinions as long as you treat others' opinions also with the respect that you want your opinions to be shown. If you come off as a person who is just hating for the sake of it and going to have only negative things to say about anything and everything to do with England and the PL, then it is quite hard to take your views seriously - as is the case for me right now. I understand that this may well not be the case, but that is exactly how I have understood your views over time here.

Anyway. If you think EPL is crap, your view. Whatever makes you happy. I don't see the need or necessity to try in vain to convince you otherwise.


First off I didn't say the EPL is crap I asked if they will produce a team to make the final 4 of the CL which should be Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and City's ambitions with the money spent on there teams.

And I've asked where the disconnect is with all the money they have been spending and the product it finally produces where there competitors in Europe seem to be much more shrewd in the market and hang on to there great players.

OK, Suarez flirted with Arsenal, who cares?  He didn't go there.  Stop living in what may have happened land.  It kinda just proves my point, had Arsenal actually signed him I doubt they lose to Monaco last year.

OK, tell me why Ozil is world class since leaving Madrid.  Make a case for it because I could probably go back to your own board and find you and the rest of your fans dissing him.

Out of the players you listed= Costa, Hazard, Fabregas, Toure, Silva, Aguero.

Aguero is world class, Silva is world class and Toure is world class.  I for one was against Barca selling Fabregas and think he's world class but it's pretty close as he tends to forget about the second half of the season.  If someone thinks he's not world class than I wouldn't argue that anymore.

Costa is not world class but a very good striker.  I backed him to do well in the EPL because it fits his style but is he Neymar, Messi, Ibra, Suarez, Aguero, Rooney, Muller, I just don't think so.

Hazard is world class.

Point being you named 4 or 5 players for the league where the top tier teams have 3-4 world class players in there squad.

IMO the definition of world class is if you have to think about it, there not world class.  Or if they have 4-5 players better than them at there position there a tier below. FWIW.


We've done this tango enough times before and I don't see us getting anywhere with it this time either. Like I said, you have as much right to your views as I have to mine. I have no need to convince you that what I believe is the only reality and that your views are shit, or vice versa for that matter. Let's leave it at that and skip the never ending, vain discussions.


So basically you don't believe Ozil is world class?

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Myesyats Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 19:27

Ozil is hit or miss.

But on his game he's easily world class, however you understand that term.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 19039
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Sri Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 19:49

Dnmac4 wrote:


srigooner wrote:

Whatever makes you happy. I don't see the need or necessity to try in vain to convince you otherwise.

srigooner wrote:

We've done this tango enough times before and I don't see us getting anywhere with it this time either. Like I said, you have as much right to your views as I have to mine. I have no need to convince you that what I believe is the only reality and that your views are shit, or vice versa for that matter. Let's leave it at that and skip the never ending, vain discussions.


So basically you don't believe Ozil is world class?


That is twice now that I have asked in a polite way to end this discussion. Why are you still trying to bait an argument?

Let's try one more time:

- I DON'T agree with your views.
- I DON'T see a point in trying to convince you otherwise.
- I DON'T see us reaching a consensus on this topic, just like on many others.
- I DON'T care if you agree with me or not.

- I DO have the same right to my views as you do to yours, even if they seem as nonsensical to you as yours do to me.

If you are still going to bait, I am just going to ignore it. This is my last post on this matter.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13950
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by RealGunner Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 20:40

Surprised you lasted that long tbh.



RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 20:49

srigooner wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:


srigooner wrote:

Whatever makes you happy. I don't see the need or necessity to try in vain to convince you otherwise.

srigooner wrote:

We've done this tango enough times before and I don't see us getting anywhere with it this time either. Like I said, you have as much right to your views as I have to mine. I have no need to convince you that what I believe is the only reality and that your views are shit, or vice versa for that matter. Let's leave it at that and skip the never ending, vain discussions.


So basically you don't believe Ozil is world class?


That is twice now that I have asked in a polite way to end this discussion. Why are you still trying to bait an argument?

Let's try one more time:

- I DON'T agree with your views.
- I DON'T see a point in trying to convince you otherwise.
- I DON'T see us reaching a consensus on this topic, just like on many others.
- I DON'T care if you agree with me or not.

- I DO have the same right to my views as you do to yours, even if they seem as nonsensical to you as yours do to me.

If you are still going to bait, I am just going to ignore it. This is my last post on this matter.


Geez, just wanted to know if you thought Ozil was world class in an Aresnal shirt and if so why.

No need for the PMS.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 20:53

linetty wrote:Ozil is hit or miss.

But on his game he's easily world class, however you understand that term.


Yea, not a huge fan of that term. On his game Ever Banega could be world class but clearly isn't.

IMO, Ozil isn't near the same level he was with Madrid at Arsenal. Is it him, is it the players around him, is it Wenger forcing 15 midfielders into his side to all roam the center of the pitch, I don't know.

But he's not the same guy.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by jibers Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 20:55

Dnmac4 wrote:
linetty wrote:Ozil is hit or miss.

But on his game he's easily world class, however you understand that term.


Yea, not a huge fan of that term. On his game Ever Banega could be world class but clearly isn't.

IMO, Ozil isn't near the same level he was with Madrid at Arsenal. Is it him, is it the players around him, is it Wenger forcing 15 midfielders into his side to all roam the center of the pitch, I don't know.

But he's not the same guy.


Probably because at Madrid he had outlets for his final pass which is his main strength. CR, Benzema, Pipita and Callejon were always in behind or running onto the ball. As you said Arsenal have so many mfers or attackers that want ball to feet like Sanchez and Giroud always plays with his back to goal. Wenger uses Ramsey as a wide mf ffs Laughing :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 20:55

Lots of world class players in the PL IMO.

Hazard, Matic, Terry, Zabaleta, Cech, Wilshere, Benteke, to name a few.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Sri Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:10

RealGunner wrote:Surprised you lasted that long tbh.





Stamina brah :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13950
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:39

Hapless_Hans wrote:Lots of world class players in the PL IMO.

Hazard, Matic, Terry, Zabaleta, Cech, Wilshere, Benteke, to name a few.


Jack Wilshere is world class?  He doesn't even start for his team.  Pretty much agree on most of the list except Benteke, he just isn't one of the best forwards in the world.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Valkyrja Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:45

Dnmac4 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Lots of world class players in the PL IMO.

Hazard, Matic, Terry, Zabaleta, Cech, Wilshere, Benteke, to name a few.



Jack Wilshere is world class?  He doesn't even start for his team.  Pretty much agree on most of the list except Benteke, he just isn't one of the best forwards in the world.


Sarcasm is sexy
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11333
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by futbol Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:46

Hans. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11252
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Sri Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:51

Hans Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13950
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 23:38

Dnmac4 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Lots of world class players in the PL IMO.

Hazard, Matic, Terry, Zabaleta, Cech, Wilshere, Benteke, to name a few.


Jack Wilshere is world class?  He doesn't even start for his team.  Pretty much agree on most of the list except Benteke, he just isn't one of the best forwards in the world.


Completely dominating and bossing against prime Pepcelona's midfield at 17 years old in a CL tie?
If that isn't world class noting is. In fact, Wilshere is too much world class even for his own ankle.
He's like Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta fused into one fragile body and slightly dumb mind.
When Thiago grows up, he wants to be a Wilshere imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 13 Aug 2015 - 0:31

This thread is pure aids.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Doc Sat 15 Aug 2015 - 0:05

As oppose to fake Aids which just causes mild scratching. Also, El Cujo mentioned City would reach a semis if they manage to avoid the "elite" teams. I disagree, City would only reach a semis through black magicks and good old witchcraft. If they even make a quarter finals, Pelle should be given a new contract and a statue built in his honour.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will an EPL team make the Semi's of the CL?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum