RealGunner
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bielsa Resigns from Marseille - Page 3 Empty Re: Bielsa Resigns from Marseille

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:27 am

sportsczy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:provence as in not the capital, that's an insult for frenchies who aint from paris

Yeah. Nobody likes Paris unless you're from Paris... Parisians are incredibly arrogant and unfriendly. Give the whole country a bad name tbh.

True dat. And they speak faster and eating letters to foreigners so we can't understand them.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:44 pm

Montpellier president Louis Nicollin slams former OM coach Bielsa: "He is a good actor and a con" - Nicollin says he can't stand his "type"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:27 pm

Now i have to take pause...

At the famous reunion that was called without notice last Wednesday, none of the previous players who were negotiating with Bielsa were present.  The OM attorney and Labrune were not there.  You had the General Manager of the club (i don't even know who he is lol) and the attorney of the owner.  But here's the thing about the the attorney of the owner...  he's only an attorney in name.  He is an Ukranian mobster by trade who had spend several years in jail in the US for securities fraud (setting up a fake hedge fund) and carrying illegal firearms.  He's the muscle for ownership.

In this reunion, you change the terms of the contract.  Namely, you remove a 300k clause for support staff and you make Bielsa's 2nd year contingent on finishing in the top 4. This "attorney" was there to intimidate Bielsa into accepting these last second changes, and he didn't.

In the end, this looks like a setup.  OM couldn't fire Bielsa outright because he was adored by the fans...  there would be an outcry and certainly extreme violence.  So you had to find a sneaky way of doing it so that the fans could be fooled.  This is the way: You set it up where he either agreed to the changed terms you wanted or you had a nice PR way out.

It's all explained in this video (if you understand French) by longtime french journalist Didier Roustan:

http://roustantv.lequipe.fr/accueil.html
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:31 pm

I have no idea if that's true or not, but I want to believe :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Dider Roustan is legit...  very very very legit.  He's France's Di Marzio.  He makes nothing up AND he's extremely connected especially with OM.  I actually know him personally too since he was an ex Cannes youth player and he was there often as an observer when i was part of the youth team later on.

It's all true or he wouldn't report it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:02 am

Someone make a film about this ffs

juicy as hell

Also, I can understand people doubting his integrity and ethics but as a coach? I'm not understanding. He consistently has overachieved with almost every squad he's touched while playing attacking, attractive football. Just because he hasn't managed a team like Man Yoo like LvG and can throw money around like crazy and so he has a lack of trophies (lack of funds will do that) but that doesn't make him a fraud. I'd love to see him with a team that actually has money.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:42 am

CBarca... i had In N Out for dinner Proud
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:40 am

Biggest fraud in football, the Argentine Pulis. Can't wait until he manages another average team where he has to reach the absolute minimum to be adored.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:49 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Biggest fraud in football, the Argentine Pulis. Can't wait until he manages another average team where he has to reach the absolute minimum to be adored.

He will.

Mehico (:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I have no idea if that's true or not, but I want to believe :bow:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:25 am

CBarca wrote:Someone make a film about this ffs

juicy as hell

Also, I can understand people doubting his integrity and ethics but as a coach? I'm not understanding. He consistently has overachieved with almost every squad he's touched while playing attacking, attractive football. Just because he hasn't managed a team like Man Yoo like LvG and can throw money around like crazy and so he has a lack of trophies (lack of funds will do that) but that doesn't make him a fraud. I'd love to see him with a team that actually has money.

No big club will hire him lol because there is a lot more to coaching when you're at a big club. Biesla might be a great coach ( he proved it with Bilbao and OM ) but just that isn't enough to manage a rich club / rich, great players.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Bielsa won't get hired by big clubs because he demands total control of the club. He is not happy just coaching the first team, he wants a say in transfers, he wants a say in youth training and structure, he'll, when he was at Bilbao he docked a contractor because he judged the construction of the new training ground to not be proceeding fast enough.

When he is given total control, like with Chile, he can lay the foundations for a very good team on all levels. But very few presidents would be willing to give themselves up so completely to one person.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:00 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Bielsa won't get hired by big clubs because he demands total control of the club. He is not happy just coaching the first team, he wants a say in transfers, he wants a say in youth training and structure, he'll, when he was at Bilbao he docked a contractor because he judged the construction of the new training ground to not be proceeding fast enough.

When he is given total control, like with Chile, he can lay the foundations for a very good team on all levels. But very few presidents would be willing to give themselves up so completely to one person.

Obviously. There are not even 3 managers in the world who could get the total control of a big club. even if that's happen , it will be for a very short period ( Mourinho at RM ).
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Mourinho had no say with Madrid's youth program. He only had veto power on transfers to go with his manager role.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:03 pm

Well, so it's even worse in that case. No one has ever gotten that much power ( righfully so ).
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:47 am

So Labrune just had a press conference stating facts that go directly against what Didier Roustan reports. Since Labrune (and presidents in general) are reknown for lying to meet their objectives... Who knows what the truth is. It probably lies somewhere in the middle given Bielsa's history and personality.

I'll give Labrune some credit for being complimentary of Bielsa's professionalism and ability as a manager. He said "despite how it ended, we benefited and will continue to benefit from his presence here. His time at Marseille was positive overall.". Showed some class there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3