M99
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bielsa Resigns from Marseille - Page 2 Empty Re: Bielsa Resigns from Marseille

Post by Doc Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:33 am

You're assuming it was fake praise though. To all we know maybe Bielsa was a serious inspiration behind Pep's whole game structure. Or maybe he is just singing the praises of a good friend. Either or, I blame Nick. I do recall him preaching his tactical fortitude to the high heavens.

So that's Siqueira and now Bielsa. That GL cartel demands payment in full for this...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:43 am

He had a clause in his contract that he could leave this summer, apparently OM started to renegotiate and Mexico has also been heavily after him. My guess is he liked Mexicos offer better and excercised the option to opt out. Shitty time to do it, right at the start of the season
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:47 am

OM have barely signed anyone of note this entire window, not at all surprised at this outcome.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:08 am

futbol wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Seriously though has he ever done anything in his career other than finish like 11th with the best Bilbao team ever?

A fraud like van Gaal. Just because some aspects of their tactics coincidentally have been shared by some very successful teams they are somehow portrayed as the pioneers and architects behind the said success. Guardiola's over the top fake praise for anything and anyone probably also played a part in Bielsa's fame. When someone like Guardiola at the peak of Barcelona's power says "I learned everything from Bielsa, he's my master", hipsters take it literally while in reality it's just another one of those "Lahm is DA most intelligent playa evah" and "Badstuber is de bestest CB I've ever seen" kind of over-the-top fake praise.

TL;DR: It's agent Pep's fault.

ya except Van Gaal actually has silverware Laughing

so nothing like Van Gaal
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:46 am

bielsa's a crack head imo. i won't want him anywhere near my team. i'll give him credit for trying to be innovative and sticking to his guns, but that's where it ends. as far as being worldclass, i don't think anybody has spoken of him in the same class as trappatoni, capello,lippi, saf, mourinho, cruyff, miguel munoz, hitzfield et al level. so this talk about him being a fraud is a stretch, no credible pundits, magazines, or writers has put him up there for him to be considered a fraud (and if anyone has, then maybe their credibility should be questioned).....he's on the harry redknapp level, the few that like them, really love them, the rest of the world don't give two f@#%* about them, and rightly so.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:00 am

B-Mac wrote:
futbol wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Seriously though has he ever done anything in his career other than finish like 11th with the best Bilbao team ever?

A fraud like van Gaal. Just because some aspects of their tactics coincidentally have been shared by some very successful teams they are somehow portrayed as the pioneers and architects behind the said success. Guardiola's over the top fake praise for anything and anyone probably also played a part in Bielsa's fame. When someone like Guardiola at the peak of Barcelona's power says "I learned everything from Bielsa, he's my master", hipsters take it literally while in reality it's just another one of those "Lahm is DA most intelligent playa evah" and "Badstuber is de bestest CB I've ever seen" kind of over-the-top fake praise.

TL;DR: It's agent Pep's fault.

ya except Van Gaal actually has silverware Laughing

so nothing like Van Gaal

2 league titles in like 20 yrs rofl

Inb4 Ajax CL Inb4 philosophy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:15 am

That "paltry" two league titles might as well be 20 when comparing Van Gaal to Bielsa at this point. Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:24 am

Nice try Pollard

Except we're not interested in titles won in 2000 BC here :coffee:

Bundesfodder title don't count imo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:43 am

Compare the budgets of Bielsa's clubs vis-a-vis other clubs in the league at the time... And then compare Van Gaal's.

Bielsa's superb managerial skills are unquestionable imo having watched what he did to make a crap OM team very attractive and effective with the same squad less Valbuena. I do question his ethics and professionalism severely however.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Resignation letter (in Spanish, for football to practice): http://www.donbalon.com/noticia/detalle/10627/la-carta-de-dimision-de-marcelo-bielsa-en-el-olympique-de-marsella

Some guy already translated it though:

Marcelo Bielsa wrote:Mr. Labrune

I communicate you today that I will not continue to be the coach of Olympique Marseille. I would like to explain the reasons for my departure. I make this letter public because I consider it necessary to explain my position. If you want us to give a press conference, I can attend it.

After a series of meetings that happened during the months of May, June and July, we managed to reach agreement on the terms of an extension for seasons 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 contract which had ended July 1, 2015. (...) Since mid-July, even if everything was not official, all members of staff that I drive, we were working thinking that everything was clear and there only needed the reception of printed contracts.

Last Wednesday, I was summoned by the General Manager of the club Philippe Pérez at a meeting where the lawyer Igor Levin, representative of Margarita Louis-Dreyfus also took part. They informed me that they wanted to change some points of the agreement that we have already found. Both said they had the power to assume these positions. I took into account all the changes they wanted to in the contract.

After this meeting, I made the decision that I'm giving you. Although I think you do not wanted, what happened is part of your area of authority. I do not know if you have consented, or if you did not know. As you know, I refused several major deals because I wanted to stay in Marseille. I do not regret having done what I did because, as I did it with great enthusiasm. I was very attracted to this project. I adapted recently to the constant changes in the sporting project but after three months of discussion and two days before the start of the official competition, I can not accept the situation they have caused instability in wanting to change the terms the contract.

So my position is not to continue to work with you. It is final. Joint work requires a minimum of confidence that we have no more. I did not want to touch the preparation of the match against Caen, that's why I waited to speak of this letter (...). Thank you for thinking of me to lead the Olympique Marseille. I worked with great footballers. I could enjoy the Velodrome and its incredible public. I salute you.

Marcelo Bielsa
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:29 pm

Marseille's reply in return

Marseille have blasted Marcelo Bielsa for dramatically resigning as coach on Saturday, accusing the Argentine of putting his "personal interests well above those of the club".

Bielsa announced his resignation a matter of minutes after a 1-0 loss to Caen, revealing that he had made his decision before the French outfit's Ligue 1 opener because of issues relating to talks over a new contract.

Marseille have now hit back, insinuating that the 60-year-old had been holding the Stade Velodrome side to ransom.

"The leadership of Olympique de Marseille has done everything to offer the club the services of a coach up to the responsibility," read a statement released on Sunday.

"But OM can in no way be a prisoner to someone who places his personal interests well above those of the club.

"Olympique de Marseille are powered by unique values and have a rich enough history to refuse to bow to the will of one man.

"Margarita Louis-Dreyfus and the club management will take all the necessary measures in the coming days to allow OM to experience a season up to its expectations."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2015/08/09/14297782/marseille-blast-bielsa-over-shock-resignation?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:29 pm

What a man, how could i even doubt this man?

Bielsa,  im folding back in your path Proud

pos club marseille, will remain a mediocre provence beach club

edit: what a comical response from marseille, you can tell it's fake and only to try to protect their fck up. talking about club values, philosophy and such nonsense. address the real situation or shut it. hopefully they get relegated.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:31 pm

What exactly about the arrangements made between him and the OM front office changed though? Had to be something drastic to have prompted this type of reaction.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Marseille isn't in the Provence though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:33 pm

McLewis wrote:What exactly about the arrangements made between him and the OM front office changed though? Had to be something drastic to have prompted this type of reaction.
We will probably never know, but to be thrown this curveball as the season is beginning could not have felt right. As he said, the trust between the parties was gone.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:36 pm

provence as in not the capital, that's an insult for frenchies who aint from paris
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:36 pm

I liked her better in Seinfeld, should've stuck to acting.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:39 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I liked her better in Seinfeld, should've stuck to acting.
They're actually related

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/04/actress-played-elaine-seinfeld-daughter-billionaire/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:39 pm

I know Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:47 pm

RMC: Marseille players feel upset and betrayed by Bielsa's shock exit. More so by the fact they found out via media and not by coach himself

Source tells RMC: "We all wonder how a character like Bielsa, supposed to be honest and upright, can do something like this"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:provence as in not the capital, that's an insult for frenchies who aint from paris

Yeah. Nobody likes Paris unless you're from Paris... Parisians are incredibly arrogant and unfriendly. Give the whole country a bad name tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Bielsa's objective when he joined was to make CL. His (and his staff's) compensation + mercato were directly related to achieving this goal. Bielsa wanted to get the compensation for himself and his staff even though he didn't achieve these goals. OM said ok for him, but decided not to acquiesce for his staff. Why did these negotiations drag on? Bielsa left right after the season and refused to return until 3 weeks ago. So the normal back and forth that goes on when you're negotiating happened far too late BECAUSE of his intransigence.

All this aside... there are times to quit and there are times where you cannot regardless of the circumstances. If the POS wanted to leave, he should have waited until the winter break or at least an international break... not after the 1st game of the season where his team looked like a pile of crap.

Bielsa is dead to me. The guy is a fraud in terms of the image he looks to portray.

Labrune and that blonde bimbo are both frauds too... of the highest degree. I'm defending neither.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:46 pm

hopefully they hire Zidane, Castilla deserves better
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:48 pm

weak troll attempt Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:24 am

When everywhere you go you end up with feuds with the board and the players, it's clear that you are the problem, not others...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:27 am

sportsczy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:provence as in not the capital, that's an insult for frenchies who aint from paris

Yeah. Nobody likes Paris unless you're from Paris... Parisians are incredibly arrogant and unfriendly. Give the whole country a bad name tbh.

True dat. And they speak faster and eating letters to foreigners so we can't understand them.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next