Lord Awesome
titosantill
Rebaño Sagrado
BarrileteCosmico
Dnmac4
Gil
10 posters

Go down

How will Thugleti line up next season? Empty How will Thugleti line up next season?

Post by Gil Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:24 pm

Some big name departures this season (Mandzukic, Miranda & Arda) but they've already brought in Jackson, Vietto, Correa & Carrasco for big money while Oliver Torres has returned from Porto.

Will Cholo play more expansive football this season or stick to his rigid 422 with 2 DM's & Koke wide? There are rumours he wants to move Koke centrally & Griezmann to LM but those are unconfirmed at the moment.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

How will Thugleti line up next season? Empty Re: How will Thugleti line up next season?

Post by Gil Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Vietto already struggling. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

How will Thugleti line up next season? Empty Re: How will Thugleti line up next season?

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Gil wrote:Some big name departures this season (Mandzukic, Miranda & Arda) but they've already brought in Jackson, Vietto, Correa & Carrasco for big money while Oliver Torres has returned from Porto.

Will Cholo play more expansive football this season or stick to his rigid 422 with 2 DM's & Koke wide? There are rumours he wants to move Koke centrally & Griezmann to LM but those are unconfirmed at the moment.

IMO it's a myth that Cholo runs this rigid formation and doesn't stray from it.  Atletico can play some great eye pleasing football against teams who on paper are better than them.

Most people only watch them play against Barca or Madrid but once Atletico gets a goal they open up and play some great football.

As seen when they destroyed Chelsea.

Of course they don't do it at the expense of there defense (thats just smart) and last year with a lot of new signings and losing world class players some of the good football they played didn't transfer over.

But again Cholo isn't Mou and he isn't some bus parker that plays ugly to win.  They will when they have to and they can thug it out with the best of them, but they also can play a very pleasing game against teams that should beat them.

They lost there width a little bit last year and if they can bring that back they can really make it hard on everyone in Europe.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Depends on whether they can get Mammana and Kranneviter this season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Gil wrote:

Vietto already struggling. Laughing
rofl
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:13 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
Gil wrote:Some big name departures this season (Mandzukic, Miranda & Arda) but they've already brought in Jackson, Vietto, Correa & Carrasco for big money while Oliver Torres has returned from Porto.

IMO it's a myth that Cholo runs this rigid formation and doesn't stray from it.  Atletico can play some great eye pleasing football against teams who on paper are better than them.

Most people only watch them play against Barca or Madrid but once Atletico gets a goal they open up and play some great football.

As seen when they destroyed Chelsea.

Of course they don't do it at the expense of there defense (thats just smart) and last year with a lot of new signings and losing world class players some of the good football they played didn't transfer over.

agree 100 percent with this, simeone only really plays aggressive against the stronger teams, and he only really got that reputation i'd say around the season when atleti broke their losing streak against us in the copa del rey final. if you watch them against other sides, they are not so gritty, and can play some attractive (i hate using that term because imo what constitutes attractive football is subjective. not everyone wants to see quick passes and stepovers) football. simeone is a smart coach, he adjusts based on his opponents...he does require his players to run and cover a lot of ground, but that doesn't make them thugs or dirty
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Simione will play like he always does. I'm only gutted they got to Vietto before Valencia did. Sad
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:18 pm

Simeone:

“We’re in an important situation. The team needs a change, a new stimulus. I think it’s not easy for a Coach to be so long with the same players. And it isn’t easy for the players,” he admitted.

“We’ve spent a lot of time together. They know my strengths, my weaknesses, and I know theirs. I’m convinced we need a change, an internal movement where the team takes a step forward.

“The way I see it, for example, is for Koke to go in the double pivot. That is going to start generating a team from another idea. And we need that. I’m convinced it’s that time.

“We’re a team more ready to play in space. In the last game against Real Madrid we wanted players to move quickly from defence to attack. So Saul Niguez played, Koke, and Antoine Griezmann on the left. That’s why we fought for the ball and tried to play good combinations.”
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:08 am

I dont agree that Simeone is rigid anyway, not any more than any other coach.

If your talking formation, they havent only played 442, they have used 4141 and varients of that in different situations.

Anyway, this team looks very different with different kinds of players. Much younger and probably less physical.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:40 pm

If they are not selling Griezman, I gues they'll play something like this:

Moya

Juanfran - Godin - Gimenez - Siqueira/Gamez

Raul Garcia/Ñiguez - Gabi - Koke - Carrasco

-------- Griezman - Martinez
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Looking forward how they will play. The above quotes from Simeone which shows willingness to mix up things and approach the game differently are really encouraging though. Already showing signs why he is above Mourinho as a coach.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down