14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sterling Vs Firmino - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling Vs Firmino

Post by Unique Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:49 am

linetty wrote:
Unique wrote:
linetty wrote:
No.... it's some of you making him out to be the second coming of Pele. I know he's a decent player but please stop overrating the guy because you might get disappointed big time.
who do you mean when you say some of you...

I think you're smart enough to figure that out yourself hmm or maybe I'm wrong
from posts ive been reading not one single person has said he is the 2nd coming of pele. so did I miss a few posts from a few people.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:50 am

Red Alert wrote:You guys continue to re-write history. lmao

Muppets.
not us anymore then dave. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:58 am

Unique wrote:
linetty wrote:
Unique wrote: who do you mean when you say some of you...

from posts ive been reading not one single person has said he is the 2nd coming of pele. so did I miss a few posts from a few people.

Of course no one said it directly smartass hmm You liverpool fans are so cringey Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:00 pm

linetty wrote:
Unique wrote:
linetty wrote:

Of course no one said it directly smartass hmm You liverpool fans are so cringey Laughing
we try our best. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Sterling was the top goalscorer for Liverpool (no pens counted) this season, while playing out of position half the time, his true colors shown indeed.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:11 pm

This thread cannot help but remind me of this.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/17/64/32/82/image10.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:49 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Sterling was the top goalscorer for Liverpool (no pens counted) this season, while playing out of position half the time, his true colors shown indeed.
he scored 7 goals. he missed 5 good chances in the game at old Trafford alone.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:01 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Sterling was the top goalscorer for Liverpool (no pens counted) this season, while playing out of position half the time, his true colors shown indeed.

Danny Ings scored 4 more goals than Sterling did this season playing for Burnley. Is that really what we're using as a measure of ability here?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:56 pm

El Cujo wrote:

Danny Ings scored 4 more goals than Sterling did this season playing for Burnley. Is that really what we're using as a measure of ability here?

No matter how many times Brendan Rodgers plays him as a central striker, he is not a central striker and shouldn't be expected to deliver the majority of his teams goals, not now anyway he can develope his goalscoring touch later in his career. That's on Rodgers not Sterling if you expected him to deliver Suarez/Sturridge numbers than that's just your own fault for having unrealistic expectations.

What Sterling offers is fantastic support in attack for the main goalscorers.

Keep believing he's not that good though, and that Firmino is better if it makes you feel better about your club but you have to remember that Sterling is wanted by Man City (they seem ready to pay crazy money for him) and Rafa Benitez has expressed his interest aswell despite his "true colors showing".
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:00 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
El Cujo wrote:

No matter how many times Brendan Rodgers plays him as a central striker, he is not a central striker and shouldn't be expected to deliver the majority of his teams goals, not now anyway he can develope his goalscoring touch later in his career. That's on Rodgers not Sterling if you expected him to deliver Suarez/Sturridge numbers than that's just your own fault for having unrealistic expectations.

What Sterling offers is fantastic support in attack for the main goalscorers.

Keep believing he's not that good though, and that Firmino is better if it makes you feel better about your club but you have to remember that Sterling is wanted by Man City (they seem ready to pay crazy money for him) and Rafa Benitez has expressed his interest aswell despite his "true colors showing".
but the thing is time and time again sterling finds himself 5 yards from goal with time and space and puts the ball wide or over. all he needs to do is keep cool pick a spot and pass the ball in the net. yet in over 18 months he still hasent improved that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:54 pm

idk ive not seen Firmino enough but he has scored on Indian soil vs Indian opposition so he's good enough in my books :coffee:

So I choose Sterling, and i agree with RED that he'll be good with classy players around him like Firmino and Milner and without any burden of responsibility ie once we sign Bacca or Benteke etc :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:53 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:No matter how many times Brendan Rodgers plays him as a central striker, he is not a central striker and shouldn't be expected to deliver the majority of his teams goals, not now anyway he can develope his goalscoring touch later in his career. That's on Rodgers not Sterling if you expected him to deliver Suarez/Sturridge numbers than that's just your own fault for having unrealistic expectations.

I actually didn't have overly high expectations for him this season. Just to maintain a similar level to what he was playing last year. Obviously that was going to be difficult for him since Suarez left and Sturridge was injured, plus Coutinho started off the season in poor form. The thing is though that when things got tough Henderson and Coutinho raised their games and looked like the talents that they can be while Sterling didn't. Sterling played worse and worse as the season went on, and striker or not he was more than often in strong positions and whether it was as a SS, wide forward or striker he could have been in those positions regardless of where he was setting up on the gamesheet and he was very poor with them. That's on Sterling and nobody else.

I don't know where this 'true colours' thing keeps coming from, but I've never said that he's not that good. He's a top talent and a very good player already. However, Firmino is just better right now and has been over the last two years. Even in the season that Sterling was lighting it up with Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge...Firmino was outperforming him and his only support was a 21 year old Volland.

Me saying that Firmino is better at everything except having more speed is not saying that Sterling is bad. It just means that Firmino is better, and has been better. I've already said that Sterling going to a team where he isn't being counted on to be a game-changer will make him look really good, and it will benefit whatever team he goes to. I don't think he'll ever be a gamebreaker on his own though -- I just don't think he has the mentality for it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:19 am

ROFL

Firmino is many levels above Sterling that this thread makes a lot of you look like bellends.

At least for Liverpool. I don't really care what you think of them as payers but for Liverpool Firmino is a match made in heaven.

Couldn't be happier with this replacement.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:56 am

Sterling Laughing

https://streamable.com/cufi
McAgger
McAgger