What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager?

+44
Harmonica
chad4401
CM Pep
McAgger
zenmaster
Nivash
Socur Toxanarosa
Valkyrja
Kebab
Lucifer
Doc
Donuts
Unique
Lord Awesome
billy_gr
jibers
Cruijf
Blue
free_cat
windkick
Myesyats
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Bankz
Ganso
The Franchise
Onyx
Raptorgunner
eelir
ahmad25
silver
Robespierre
Casciavit
À bout de souffle
DeletedUser#1
titosantill
zigra
Kaladin
Pedram
futbol
Hapless_Hans
Winter is Coming
Mr Nick09
Art Morte
RealGunner
48 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager? - Page 3 Empty Re: What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager?

Post by Bankz Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:04 pm

So barca play Bilbao (super Copa), Sevilla (Euro super cup) and Random team from random continent for (world club cup) sextuple on the cards anyone? hmm

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager? - Page 3 Empty Re: What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager?

Post by Bankz Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:17 pm

The most important question is do you think pep would have done better with this 2015 team? (The answer is No For me, if for anything, he and his hipster ideas when anything other than common sense and this team doesn't win a treble) Or do you think he would have giving MSN free reign? ( the answer is No obviously, of which other than that barca doesn't win a treble) Or would Enrique do better with this buyern and peps barca? (IMO, yes with buyern cause all that team needed was common sense and they dominate the CL and maybe no with barca, cause that barca needed some genius master stroke momemts which obviously wouldn't be with Enrique) sometimes all that's needed is common sense and common sense I found out is genius. BTW, common sense is what I found out pep doesn't have, I mean look at him in buyern and look at his barca without a plan b ffs... Mad
So there you have it. Enrique wins with this barca, Enrique wins with this buyern Munich Enrique wins with MSN and pep wins with pre 2013 barca.
My point here is that sometimes, most of us don't appreciate the power of common sense or the "Obvious decisions" as all we always want to see is a master strike when that only works 2/10 times in general, as we all aspects of life generally..

Last edited by Bankz on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Bankz wrote:So barca play Bilbao (super Copa), Sevilla (Euro super cup) and Random team from random continent for (world club cup) sextuple on the cards anyone? hmm

im pretty sure you guys face madrid for the super cup
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:26 pm

Ganso wrote:
Bankz wrote:So barca play Bilbao (super Copa), Sevilla (Euro super cup) and Random team from random continent for (world club cup) sextuple on the cards anyone? hmm

Shocked
That's what I thought too tbh, till I started seeing Bilbao all over the internet.. banana
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:28 pm

I'm curious to see if barca can win The sextuple next season. Spanish super cup, uEFA super cup, CWC, La Liga, CL and copa del rey. That would be the greatest achievement in football imo. Never really bought the whole pep  sextuple bs. Football in Europe is seasonal not yearly. No team has won 6 trophies in a season. I really hope they do it. Fitting for them to retain the cl.

Ganso wrote:

It's Blbao.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Only you consider it BS jibers nobody else gives a shit Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:41 pm

The sextuple is real. Messi might have 7 trophies this year if his ARG wins Copa America... or Neymar
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Iniesta has played in the final of 4 UCLs and won, 1 World Cup final and won, and 2 Euro Finals and won.

Pretty incredible.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:00 pm

windkick wrote:Iniesta has played in the final of 4 UCLs and won, 1 World Cup final and won, and 2 Euro Finals and won.

Pretty incredible.

Probably was man of the match in most of them too. Unreal player.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:29 pm

windkick wrote:Iniesta has played in the final of 4 UCLs and won, 1 World Cup final and won, and 2 Euro Finals and won.

Pretty incredible.

7-0 rich mans MJ.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:10 am

jibers wrote:

I'm curious to see if barca can win The sextuple next season. Spanish super cup, uEFA super cup, CWC, La Liga, CL and copa del rey. That would be the greatest achievement in football imo. Never really bought the whole pep  sextuple bs. Football in Europe is seasonal not yearly. No team has won 6 trophies in a season. I really hope they do it. Fitting for them to retain the cl.

Ganso wrote:

It's Blbao.

Yes, football is seasonal, but CWC and Supercups of next seasons are a consequence of this recently ended season. So they are a continuation of the previous season and should be credited mostly to it, instead to the new season, IMO.
So Pep's sextuple is legit, and if Barça wins everything next season, IMO it would be a sextuple + another treble (which I'm very very skeptical it happens because of the immense difficulty of winning everything, especially the CL).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:56 am

free_cat wrote:
jibers wrote:

Ganso wrote:

It's Blbao.

Yes, football is seasonal, but CWC and Supercups of next seasons are a consequence of this recently ended season. So they are a continuation of the previous season and should be credited mostly to it, instead to the new season, IMO.
So Pep's sextuple is legit, and if Barça wins everything next season, IMO it would be a sextuple + another treble (which I'm very very skeptical it happens because of the immense difficulty of winning everything, especially the CL).

Let's agree to disagree. Supercups are regarded as the start to the new season. The squad also changes end of the season. Different sqad composition,  new season.  Cwc had never and super cups had never been regarded as part of the previous season because they aren't.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_teams_to_have_won_four_or_more_trophies_in_one_season

Either way I want barca to win it all next season. They were close in peps final season. If Enrique does even a quintuple it would be the greatest achievement in history in terms of club football. United were close in 08/09 but barca robbed us ffs!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:34 am

Off course, it's a new season, but CWC and supercups are clearly a result of the past season, so the Sextuple is winning the six trophies in a row IMO. Both could be regarded a Sextuple, one is yearly and in terms of titles won in a row, and the other one is based only in season calendar.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:20 am

It says other clubs should follow Barca example, hiring managers should come down to best fit rather then a manager with the best CV or the largest trophy cabinet.

First with Pep and now with Enrique, relatively complete unknown managers before winning the treble.

Tito was also great hire tbh, unlucky with his illness and also inheriting a team at the end of a great cycle.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:35 am

Blue wrote:It says other clubs should follow Barca example, hiring managers should come down to best fit rather then a manager with the best CV or the largest trophy cabinet.

First with Pep and now with Enrique, relatively complete unknown managers before winning the treble.

Tito was also great hire tbh, unlucky with his illness and also inheriting a team at the end of a great cycle.

End of what cycle? Despite him not coaching them for almost 4 months they reached the semis of cl, have joint league point record and Messi was on his way to breaking his 73 goal season before his injury.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:06 am

They also played crap football and should've been eliminated by us of all people in the CL Laughing

There's a reason people said Barca's era was over that season, because it was. This is another team and another cycle.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:16 am

Cruijf wrote:They also played crap football and should've been eliminated by us of all people in the CL Laughing

There's a reason people said Barca's era was over that season, because it was. This is another team and another cycle.

Again that was after Tito got ill. Before that they were looking like they would break Madrid 100 point record. Pique, marcherno, busquets, alba, iniesta, Messi and Alves were starters then and now. Over half the team still starts...Yea, their era was over...

This is Barcelonas era just like the late 80s and early 90s was Milan era.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:45 am

It doesn’t say he’s the new Sachi or anything, but people saying he didn’t do anything are probably blind.
Only the fact that he turned the pre new year crisis around speaks volumes.
And yes MSN are are imperative in our game but there are countless examples of teams that amass stars and fail to make them tick (a certain Madrid comes to mind).
So props to him
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Some seem to forget how Suarez and Messi were faring at the start of the season. Luis was the man that made them work together (though, I'm sure maybe Xavi also had a hand in that). What he's done at Roma and Celta seems to go unnoticed either. I rate him better than Pep.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Pretty incredible.
best mf player of his type ive ever seen. crazy good. :bow:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:Some seem to forget how Suarez and Messi were faring at the start of the season. Luis was the man that made them work together

Suarez confirmed that luis enrique told him to play in the wing
and on a random game messi just told suarez to swap with him to the center and he played great after that
so they just continued to do it, not so much enrique but the players deserve the credit for the swap.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:18 am

coachessi Proud
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:41 am

Donuts wrote:Suarez confirmed that luis enrique told him to play in the wing

Did he?

Messi finally realized that he needs to be on the wing for the good of the team but Lucho just couldn't move him otherwise.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:13 pm

While I enjoyed (and not the first time they went at each other) the hand written bouts between Dani and Fusszyball, I do find it extremely odd Lucho isn't receiving showers of praise from across the mediums of the world. Almost a bit wrong.

Barcelona fans withstanding, Pep couldn't stop getting adulation while Lucho's praise gives off a by the way feeling. I found, in hindsight, his rotation system worked brilliantly and I won't pretend to be a tactical know it all but he did make adjustments to how Barcelona played and got the best out of Pique, Rakitic, Alves (sort of) and utilised MSN to brilliant effectiveness.

So sound rotational policy, great man management skills, sound tactical brain and can actually work the political side of a club like Barcelona. I can't help but think he is or has the makings of a really good manager.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:24 am

Doc wrote:While I enjoyed (and not the first time they went at each other) the hand written bouts between Dani and Fusszyball, I do find it extremely odd Lucho isn't receiving showers of praise from across the mediums of the world. Almost a bit wrong.

Barcelona fans withstanding, Pep couldn't stop getting adulation while Lucho's praise gives off a by the way feeling. I found, in hindsight, his rotation system worked brilliantly and I won't pretend to be a tactical know it all but he did make adjustments to how Barcelona played and got the best out of Pique, Rakitic, Alves (sort of) and utilised MSN to brilliant effectiveness.

So sound rotational policy, great man management skills, sound tactical brain and can actually work the political side of a club like Barcelona. I can't help but think he is or has the makings of a really good manager.

Praising Enrique too much would somewhat devalue Guardiola. As in: "What does it say about Guardiola's achievements with Barca if another rookie coach comes and straight away wins the treble in his first year?" Fans and media have invested way too much in hyping up Guardiola to all-time level greatness prematurely so it would be a bit awkward right now to do the same with Enrique just 3 years later. That's all there is to it really. First come, first serve. If Enrique did what he did now in 2009 instead of Guardiola and Guardiola came now it would be the other way around.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:21 am

I really don't like getting involve in Farca affairs since Mehdrid needs me but Lucho really just got himself a treble. Mourinho was considered Herrera's heir from a treble, Pep "changed the way football would be played" after his treble, Heynches was loved by Viva after his treble. Lucho gets a "you did well".

If what you say Futbol has any truth into it (because we really can't say for certain unless your GL name happens to be Gil or Sports) then people really are, in fact, full of sh1t really.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum