What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager?

+44
Harmonica
chad4401
CM Pep
McAgger
zenmaster
Nivash
Socur Toxanarosa
Valkyrja
Kebab
Lucifer
Doc
Donuts
Unique
Lord Awesome
billy_gr
jibers
Cruijf
Blue
free_cat
windkick
Myesyats
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Bankz
Ganso
The Franchise
Onyx
Raptorgunner
eelir
ahmad25
silver
Robespierre
Casciavit
À bout de souffle
DeletedUser#1
titosantill
zigra
Kaladin
Pedram
futbol
Hapless_Hans
Winter is Coming
Mr Nick09
Art Morte
RealGunner
48 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager? - Page 6 Empty Re: What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager?

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 24, 2016 3:53 pm

futbol wrote:European Cup and CL back-to-back winners:

Real Madrid: 56-60
Milan: 89-90
Bayern: 74-76
Liverpool: 77-78
Ajax: 71-73
Inter: 64-65
Benfica: 61-62
Nottingham: 79-80

La Liga back-to-back double winners:

Athletic Bilbao: 30-31
Barcelona: 52-53, 15-16

You judge what's harder, using logic and facts. hmm

This settles it. Absolutely historic achievement by Master Lurcho.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager? - Page 6 Empty Re: What does Barcelona's treble say about Luis Enrique as a manager?

Post by danyjr Tue May 24, 2016 7:29 pm

chad4401 wrote:the delusions on this forum is unreal, everybody wanna talk like experts throwing around WC, best ever and goat, then have to over commit for argument sake, instead of manning up and saying my bad.

You pretty much summed up yourself pal...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:13 am

Start of 3rd season.

8 Enrique (2x Liga, 1x CL, 2x Cup, 3 minor)
8 Guardiola (2x Liga, 1x CL, 1x Cup, 4 minor)
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Needs to be sacked. Embarassing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:18 am

i get that people want to scapegoat Luis but except for MSN and busquets, that team is shit. i mean, when you are not closing down guys or pressing you can't look at Luis and say "i am fed up with you"
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:24 am

Busquets and Suarez have also been awful this season. Then there are the best player ever and Neymar compensating lack of tactics and quality from the rest of the team. Lucho is good as gone.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:27 am

Pull them out of this and solve the issues lol.

What kind of attitude is that? you incapable of sorting it out yourselves or something?

At this level irrelevant of the manager you need to have some sort of professional pride, you can't expect the manager to fix everything for you like you are a bunch of babies.

I don't particularly rate Luis Enrique but if that's how the players really feel then i'd say that says more about their mental make up of the squad than it does about Luis Enrique.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:34 am

Agreed with Mike, although clearly Luis needs to go
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:51 am

Enrique's contract is running out at the end of the season and he's been very hesitant about renewing, don't even know if he's been offered a new one. Either way the board should not renew him and he has lost the fans (if not the players), so it's very unlikely he'll be here next season.

Also Nick the team is not shit bar MSN, besides RB, LB and CM who would you consider 'shit'?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:20 am

i hope you understand when i say shit itt's not as if im talking about eibar's player

but when you say RB, LB, CMs aren't you naming all the other positions? I ave seen enough of Umtiti with PSG not to think he is somekind of world class CB and Pique is that wor,d class talent that plays below part.

Well yeah, the level of your squad has been in constant decline where as i remember a time you had top 3 players everywhere. we are far from that now
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 am

I have my doubts about how much it's due to the players and how much it's due to the manager. Pique has shown he has the talent if he wants to use it. I think most people generally regard Umtiti as a good signing. Alba, for all his faults, has shown he can play at level if properly compensated for. Iniesta is on his last legs. But yeah the Robertos, Andre Gomes, and pretty much the entire bench is Eibar level, and one of my biggest gripes with LE is that he seems to have a hard on for average, young Spanish players to bring to the team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:37 am

well you went to a team that symbolized team play with elite players at each position, to a team that is individualistic and more reliant on individual talent.

I dont want to exempt Luis Enrique from the blame here, but i think the players need to be looked at more closely, or need to look at themselves and the work they are not doing on the pitch. Some of it is effort, some of it is "are these guys up to the level barca is playing at?"

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am

doesn't say anything....we tend to overrate (i hate using that word) coaches so much; coaches are necessary, they're needed in the grand scheme of things, but i've always maintained that the coach needs the players more than the players need the coach. it's why i'm not a huge fan of "who the best coaches are" debates
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Reading up that many sites reporting players have been uphappy or at least not in sync with Enrique for a long while now. Probably after this game it is just too much and too clear that its not working anymore for them, and there is no way back.

Personally from watching the games Barca played this season its very obvious that he just hasnt figured or made a proper system of the team, and never able to change things when games arent going well. Just look at how we got outplayed again the EXACT same way by Atletico, says it all.

We've relied MSN and individual qualities to bail us out so quite a long while now and its not good enough. Look at Real, as many stars and issues they may have Zidane has really got them together as a team and play with consistency and hunger, with proper tactics, etc. We are way way far from that now Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6