Curtinho
Art Morte
30 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pace - Page 4 Empty Re: Pace

Post by free_cat Sun May 31, 2015 12:38 am

@valkirya
Easier said than done. Bartra tried to foul him and couldn't. Messi is also tried to be fouled a lot and sleeps away many times. Etc

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun May 31, 2015 1:31 am

free really? bale was horrible that game and one stupid run was the useful thing he did
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 31, 2015 1:40 am

Valkyrja wrote:Any decent defender would have fouled Bale in that circumstance, especially if he weren't on a yellow.
anyone can kick a player up in the air mate.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 31, 2015 7:38 am

My argument is that 90% of top flight players have adequate pace (for their role). That when fans and pundits say that "he hasn't got enough pace to do/be this and that" or "he's got great pace and that's going to cause a lot of problems for defenders", they're usually wrong.

Pace is a real difference maker to about 10% of players - either way, having too little of it or being exceptionally fast - but fans and pundits (at least in the Prem) make it a disproportionately big topic.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 31, 2015 7:44 am

Busquets has no pace and is the best DM in the world and a top 10 player lmao

It's helpful if you don't have the intelligence. Still wouldn't overall rate it as that important. At least not as much as it's often made out to be.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun May 31, 2015 7:51 am

this also means that playing position is important to consider. Busquet with this pace probably would not succeed in forward position.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 31, 2015 7:54 am

neuro11 wrote:this also means that playing position is important to consider. Busquet with this pace probably would not succeed in forward position.

That would depend a lot more on his skills as a forward, imo. It's difficult to think this way, how a player would do out of his position, probably better to think what impact it would have on Player X in his position if he got more / less pace than he has.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:28 am

CBarca wrote:Busquets has no pace and is the best DM in the world and a top 10 player lmao

It's helpful if you don't have the intelligence. Still wouldn't overall rate it as that important. At least not as much as it's often made out to be.

Pace is much more important for forwards and defenders, not for midfielders. For a simple reason: if you are a forward and outrun a defender, you are on a 1v1. If you are a midfielder and are outruned/ you outrun your midfielder, you are still facing another line of opossition players.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:56 am

free_cat wrote:Spain always had some pace upfront with Villa, Pedro, Torres... when the pace was gone, they stopped winning.

I'm not saying pace is everything but is really important. If you are a defender and are marking a much faster forward he can put you in big trouble easy if you are not helped: if you press hard, he can get your back from a long pass, if you give space, he can get the ball, turn and pass/shoot. Off course you need technique, but as a defender I would always prefer to face a very technical player with average pace, than a fast player with average technique.

Obviously not having any pace is a problem. But if player A has okay pace and fantastic football IQ, whereas player B has fantastic pace and okay football IQ then player A will be heads and shoulder the better player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:58 am

CBarca wrote:Busquets has no pace and is the best DM in the world and a top 10 player lmao

he's neither of those things .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:00 am

Farfan who do you think is the best DM in the world then? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:03 am

come to think of it , pure DMs are a dying breed and Busquets might just be the best in the world hmm all i can think of are 6/8 box to box  type midfielders .

Matic maybe ? hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:15 am

Matic is nowhere near Busquets, Busquets has locked down the best CMs and AMs in the world.

Busquets totally locked down PSGs midfield while Matic was dominated by it. Apparently because he's not fast or strong that people are loath to rate him.

He's the best DM in the world and it's not close, I would have thought him coming into the Clasico and turning Madrid dominance into Barca dominance within minutes would have ended this debate but sadly not.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:27 am

i don't even know enough about  Matic since i rarely watch PL these last couple of years , just threw his name out there because of the hype he's been  receiving  lately . Laughing

pure DMs are extremely rare these days . Busquets is one of the few DMs starting in a big club so he kinda wins by default .

one thing for sure, he's not a top 10 player in the world.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:36 am

i still don't see how having crazy amount of pace, makes a average player better than actually good players, still waiting on a example of this

Last edited by chad4401 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:46 am

farfan wrote:
one thing for sure, he's not a top 10 player in the world.

how does that matter.
top 10's top 5's are so dumb anyways

your number 6 may be a midfielder where as someone else's would be a keeper.
how do you compare people in terms of who is better when they are different in so many levels.

(not just attacking you, but looking through the hazard threads etc this has come across way too many times)
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:55 am

Art Morte wrote:
neuro11 wrote:this also means that playing position is important to consider. Busquet with this pace probably would not succeed in forward position.

That would depend a lot more on his skills as a forward, imo. It's difficult to think this way, how a player would do out of his position, probably better to think what impact it would have on Player X in his position if he got more / less pace than he has.

hmm...i agree with you. In that case i think his pace and everything are perfect for his position. But for a forward i always would want someone with a good pace. Ibra is probably the only slow forward in the world who can score decisive goals, but then again i never liked him, tbh

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Matic is nowhere near Busquets, Busquets has locked down the best CMs and AMs in the world.

Busquets totally locked down PSGs midfield while Matic was dominated by it. Apparently because he's not fast or strong that people are loath to rate him.

He's the best DM in the world and it's not close, I would have thought him coming into the Clasico and turning Madrid dominance into Barca dominance within minutes would have ended this debate but sadly not.

If you want to give busquets the best at his position title that is fine, based on his success and team success that is fine.

if Matic and busquets traded places, matic would do so much better at Barcelona then Busquets would do at Chelsea. In fact no way busquets could hold the role of holding midfielder with us.

Not sure what Matic could do against a 10 men psg team when mou went full retard and decide to park the bus.

Back on topic pace is important. Some players could get away with it because of their high iq or technical ability and others could overcome Thier lack of technical ability with their high athletic ability.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:27 pm

Laughing Laughing at people talking about how good the defenders and DM players at barca are. thay are good because that dont have much to do. barca have 70% of e ball. and for most parts score 4-5 goals. sure they will look good.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:27 am

Unique wrote:Laughing Laughing at people talking about how good the defenders and DM players at barca are. thay are good because that dont have much to do. barca have 70% of e ball. and for most parts score 4-5 goals. sure they will look good.

do you even watch barca?
put mascherano in buscuit's position and easily our possession and control drops drastically
his interception %, tackling, awareness, passing are all world class and for his position best.

what is matic better at?
i'll give him physical strength and pace but what else?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:12 am

weren't you hating on Busquets earlier this year ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:30 am

don't believe so, quote me.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:45 am

Unique wrote:Laughing Laughing at people talking about how good the defenders and DM players at barca are. thay are good because that dont have much to do. barca have 70% of e ball. and for most parts score 4-5 goals. sure they will look good.

i agree with this....maybe i'm old fashioned but i'm not sold at people who rarely get tested being labelled the best. i mean what's next claudio bravo is going to be labelled the world's best goalie?...like valdez, who probably won't even start once de gea leaves.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:35 am

the argument works both ways.

how is matic really being tested when chelsea as a whole parks the bus.
if he worked in a 4-3-3 in barca or as a real madrid player he might (i say might because no one knows as he is not being used this way) fail
same way you guys hypothesis that buscuit would.

also on the valdes example, it's a terrible one the guy was out for a year and a half?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:26 am

i don't really rate matic either...i'm quite strict when it comes to these ratings, and like to assess all avenues. in some cases, i'm not even sure ratings are essential, like when someone asks who the top 10 defenders are at the moment...i'm not sure i can do that because i've hardly been impressed, it will probably just end up being a popularity contest type list....some positions i can acknowledge but those positions are mostly clear cut, others i'm like 'meh'....
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:30 pm

It's all about pace as you cant stop what you cant see.
Very important and key component in any player selection criteria; the number one factor.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next