Curtinho
Art Morte
30 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pace - Page 2 Empty Re: Pace

Post by guest_07 Sat May 30, 2015 3:43 am

chad4401 wrote:
guest_07 wrote:pace is one of the most important in this football world, especially for mediocre or amateur player

see what happen to kaka without pace, he suck

he was look world beater when he had it before

Footy IQ is the most important, if you can't out run the defender, then plays some 1-2 and get into the box

our football is full of this kind of player, so pace is one of the most important aspect

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat May 30, 2015 4:34 am

being a pace beast makes you a bench player on a elite team at best, they are exceptions (bale), but in general mediocre or amateur are alway gonna be that pace or no pace, that just how far their talent goes, start off great,get figured out and get sold
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat May 30, 2015 5:29 am

Stamina is the more important physical attribute. So that you can produce powerful runs multiple times over 90 minutes of near constant moving, while maintaining your technique. As for pace in an of itself, the speed in the 5 yards and 10 yards is usually most effective but that requires other skills such as close control.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat May 30, 2015 8:18 am

Suarez, Benzema and Costa are quick and fast dude. They are faster than defenders, which is the important thing with pace.

As an ex football player, pace is very very important. I've known lots of players with little talent but very fast who were very difficult to defend.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 30, 2015 8:24 am

i don't know many strikers or forwards in general that are slow and thrive in an overall game.
other than ibra..
or the typical poacher who just chills in the box.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat May 30, 2015 9:02 am

Off course, pace along is nothing. But technique alone gets you nowhere too.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 30, 2015 11:12 am

If you took away Benzema's speed, if he became as slow as John Terry (choose someone will similar height)...he would still be a useful player, not a starter at Madrid, but still playing on a high level.

Take away his technique and he is sitting at home watching.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat May 30, 2015 11:58 am

there is an example of isco, who has the best technique and dribbling ability, but lacks pace but has decent enough acceleration.

He usually beats couple of players in tight areas etc, but when in a long run the defender always recovers, if he had the pace and perhaps more acceleration he wouldve been competing for balondor with messi and ronaldo.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 30, 2015 12:07 pm

free_cat wrote:Suarez, Benzema and Costa are quick and fast dude. They are faster than defenders, which is the important thing with pace.

Donuts wrote:i don't know many strikers or forwards in general that are slow and thrive in an overall game.
other than ibra..

Suarez is slow.

And Costa isn't quick and fast. Plus I don't remember any goal from him this season - not that I've seen them all - that he would have scored due to being quick.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 30, 2015 1:48 pm

you can never have enough pace. it gets you out of all sorts of problems.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat May 30, 2015 1:53 pm

MR BOND wrote:you can never have enough pace. it gets you out of all sorts of problems.

If you don't have the technique to control the ball, pace will only drive you in a straight line into the stands.

It's only something that can enhance your already existing talents. It's a plus to have, but it isn't the end all and be all.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Freeza wrote:
MR BOND wrote:you can never have enough pace. it gets you out of all sorts of problems.

If you don't have the technique to control the ball, pace will only drive you in a straight line into the stands.

It's only something that can enhance your already existing talents. It's a plus to have, but it isn't the end all and be all.
im not saying its the be all end all. but you can never have enough of it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat May 30, 2015 2:24 pm

I think people in this thread are severely underrating the important of speed and pace in football
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Lex wrote:I think people in this thread are severely underrating the important of speed and pace in football
this true.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 30, 2015 2:46 pm

How so?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 30, 2015 2:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:How so?

a dumb ass winger with plenty of pace will kick and run past the most clever of defenders. the most average defenders get out of jail many times with the aid of speed. now im not saying speed is the best thing you can have. but you can never have enough of it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 30, 2015 3:44 pm

I rarely see it so I dont agree. In theory your right, but in reality it doesnt happen much at all. Those wingers get found out very easily.

What happens when before the ball comes the defender stands directly behind him? The winger has to turn his back so he can receiver his ball safe, now he is facing his own goal, he cant turn and run and he can do nothing but pass it backwards.

What happens when the entire team sit back off the wingers team, every time he gets ball he isnt 1 v 1 and the defender is 30m from his own goal line? Where is the winger kicking the ball to? Out of play or into the corner flag?

Yes, many defenders can use speed to get out of situations, but many times its too late and your speed cant help you.

Good example I can think of, Lewa 4 goals vs Madrid. Ramos, Pepe and Varane all played and all 3 could beat him in a foot face very easily. But look at the goals here, their pace meant nothing.

Not just the goals, the entire thing..pace was never a factor in anything.

The first two goals are classic. It doesnt matter how much speed you have, if I think faster than you I will get ahead and finish before you can even get close to me. Varane and Pepe could have been running in sand or moving with a jet pack strapped to their back and it wouldnt have made a bit of difference.

And this isnt a one off, many examples of this. I mentioned Lew only because he was in the OP. I am also sure you can show me goals where pace was important, no doubting that but I am very confident, most goals are not scored because of pace and most goals are not stopped because of pace.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat May 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Counter-attacking is a moot point if your players are slower than continental drift and, I think everyone'll agree, counter-attacking is a giant part of football
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Bit simplistic for me. Yeah I agree you need some level of speed for a counter attack and when you dont have it, you can be blunt and every team has to have some counter attacking ability unless you control the entire game (though I dont think its a giant part of football like you say). But even in those situations, timing of the run to beat the offside line would be more important than pace. And more important than both is the ability to play the first pass to set the counter attack up and the final pass to even use the run.

And that's just the classic way of counter attacking football, where your in your own half and attack the space behind. The bigger part of counter attacking football today I see is when you win the ball high up the pitch and attack directly, where pace is even less of a factor.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 30, 2015 4:32 pm

The Franchise wrote:I rarely see it so I dont agree.  In theory your right, but in reality it doesnt happen much at all. Those wingers get found out very easily.

What happens when before the ball comes the defender stands  directly behind  him? The winger has to turn his back so he can receiver his ball safe, now he is facing his own goal, he cant turn and run and he can do nothing but pass it backwards.

What happens when the entire team sit back off the wingers team, every time he gets  ball he isnt 1 v 1 and the defender is 30m from his own goal line? Where is the winger kicking the ball to? Out of play or into the corner flag?

Yes, many defenders can use speed to get out of situations, but many times its too late and your speed cant help you.

Good example I can think of, Lewa 4 goals vs Madrid. Ramos, Pepe and Varane all played and all 3 could beat him in a foot face very easily. But look at the goals here, their pace meant nothing.

Not just the goals, the entire thing..pace was never a factor in anything.

The first two goals are classic. It doesnt matter how much speed you have, if I think faster than you I will get ahead and finish before you can even get close to me. Varane and Pepe could have been running in sand or moving with a jet pack strapped to their back and it wouldnt have made a bit of difference.

And this isnt a one off, many examples of this. I mentioned Lew only because he was in the OP. I am also sure you can show me goals where pace was important, no doubting that but I am very confident, most goals are not scored because of pace and most goals are not stopped because of pace.
i think you miss understand what im saying. im not saying it like pace first everything els 2nd. its a bit like saying money is not everything. but you can never have too much eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat May 30, 2015 6:58 pm

bale has all the pace in the world, and all he does is get shepard to run straight outta bounds, because he lacks the technique to do anything than run straight
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 30, 2015 7:00 pm

chad4401 wrote:bale has all the pace in the world, and all he does is get shepard to run straight outta bounds, because he lacks the technique to do anything than run straight
rofl rofl rofl rofl your a funny guy.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat May 30, 2015 7:05 pm

when are you gonna stop pretending you watch madrid games?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat May 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Lex wrote:I think people in this thread are severely underrating the important of speed and pace in football

It is that black/white thinking people are caught up in.

Speed is absolutely important, for some players more important then others. Just look at Kaka and Torres pre and after their physical decline. Great players but their peace put them on a another level.

Obviously speed by itself is useless, but knowing how to use that extra space gained from your pace could be greatly beneficial.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 30, 2015 7:09 pm

Both Pace and brain are important in equal measure. A team cannot be great without both coexisting. It's not as much as a factor as english media and others have you think but it is important to a teams success to go along with what ever technical ability and guile you may have.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat May 30, 2015 7:11 pm

when people say speed makes a good player great, that when you draw the line, then a again prem is one of those leagues that obsessed with pace since you guys rely on hoofball tactics
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next