Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal?

+23
6unner
Kaladin
Abramovich
Raptorgunner
VendettaRed07
free_cat
Twoism
MJ
Eman
Sina
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Chumlum
urbaNRoots
El Gunner
Jay29
silver
Gyarados Garrincha
Hapless_Hans
Sri
Kwame2u
Kick
Artilleristen
RealGunner
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal? - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal?

Post by REWB Sun May 17, 2015 6:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:We need someone like De Rossi. Hard to find players like him.

But agreed on that CM thing.

Maybe we can try and deploy Ramsey-Wilshere in the last 2 games. Won't give us many answers since Sunderland and WBA won't pose much threat. But something to consider.

Kondogbia/Witsel might have to become priorities though

what???? we tried it already for a sustained period of time and it didnt work, come on rg you must remember...

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal? - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal?

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 17, 2015 6:50 pm

It's why I said earlier we need someone who has the ability to play both CM/DM. Someone who has a good passing ability while also being defensively strong enough to play as a defensive midfielder alone. I know what I'm asking is maybe too much but it's not impossible, Schneiderlin, Kondogbia (according to many, I don't know), maybe Illaramendi.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun May 17, 2015 6:52 pm

just play
coq-ramsey
ozil
bring walcott back and rest cazorla
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 am

6unner wrote:
silver wrote:

I also agree that we should be playing someone with more pace on RW. Ox is that ideal player as he has the pace but also the workrate to track back and defend.

What good does it do to have so much pace on the wings when they always end up waiting for Giroud to get down the pitch? On both sides now with whomever we have out there they run past the initial defense on the wings, just not far enough to cut into the center then end up passing back and waiting for help in the center to get down the pitch. Unfortunately it seems as though every defender in the league is faster then Giroud so the help ends up being defensive help.

That's where the winger on the other side and central midfielders make runs into the box. We don't have people in the box not because we don't have the ability to do so, but because everyone stands on the edge of the box wanting the ball to feet.

Just this morning I was watching Arsenal vs Napoli from last year's CL. The first goal consisted Giroud passing the ball to Ramsey who made a great run on RW. Rosisky, the LW ran diagonally into the box dragging the defenders away. Ozil, the AM stood back for the cut-back and scored.

Replace Ramsey and Rosicky with Ox/Sanchez/Walcott/even Gnarby and you have a winner.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 18, 2015 3:14 pm

This nails on Giroud tbh:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/17/7-reasons-why-arsenal-must-ditch-olivier-giroud-during-transfer-window-5202147/

Wellbeck out too.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon May 18, 2015 3:45 pm

free_cat wrote:This nails on Giroud tbh:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/17/7-reasons-why-arsenal-must-ditch-olivier-giroud-during-transfer-window-5202147/

Wellbeck out too.

Could probably give you 77 reasons why that article is turd tbh.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 19, 2015 12:04 pm

It pretty much nails it. Arsenal should definitely find a Giroud replacement. Higuain, Cavani, Lacazette or try to poach Kane from Spuds.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 19, 2015 12:56 pm

free_cat wrote:It pretty much nails it. Arsenal should definitely find a Giroud replacement. Higuain, Cavani, Lacazette or try to poach Kane from Spuds.

It's pretty much turd.

I wouldn't say no to the aforementioned, Lacazette especially because he's at least different to him but the article is hilariously bad. Laughing

And Kane is never happening nor does he make sense as a footballer.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 19, 2015 1:44 pm

All it took to judge the article's quality was the fact that it appears on METRO Laughing

Anyway, to give free_cat the benefit of the doubt, I bothered opening it. I will never get back those 30 seconds of my life.

Bit of advice free_cat. Please read better articles. Guardian or BBC, more often than not. This article was basically an insult to the levels of intelligence of the average Gunner on this forum.

Also, if you want to talk about a player- Giroud or Welbeck or whoever, please do so on the basis of the games you have seen them play. I am not sure how much of them you have seen this season. With MSN playing for you up front, it puts you in a good position to point out how shit other teams' attacks are.

But please do so after watching them play on a regular basis, instead of basing your judgments on how much star value/popularity they have or how highly they are rated by click-hungry media outlets.

It is hard to take someone seriously, when they cite such pointless articles to make their arguments.

No offence intended, just my two cents on the topic.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 19, 2015 1:54 pm

On topic:

It is now three summers that experts have said we need to replace Giroud? And yet, each season, he is statistically improving. He has more goals this seasons than most other strikers, despite missing over 3 months with injury.

Nor do I get the Welbeck criticism. He's worked his butt off every time he has played. He's still young and has time before he hits his 'golden age' of 26-32 as a forward. I am sure he will improve his finishing, get past his knocks, and do very well for Arsenal in the years to come.

It would be rather interesting to see how Arsene manages Ox, Walcott and Welbeck next season since they all can play on the right, where he's also not shy to use Ramsey or Wilshere - and these are just our British players.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue May 19, 2015 4:55 pm

srigooner wrote:On topic:

It is now three summers that experts have said we need to replace Giroud? And yet, each season, he is statistically improving. He has more goals this seasons than most other strikers, despite missing over 3 months with injury.

Nor do I get the Welbeck criticism. He's worked his butt off every time he has played. He's still young and has time before he hits his 'golden age' of 26-32 as a forward. I am sure he will improve his finishing, get past his knocks, and do very well for Arsenal in the years to come.

It would be rather interesting to see how Arsene manages Ox, Walcott and Welbeck next season since they all can play on the right, where he's also not shy to use Ramsey or Wilshere - and these are just our British players.

Wellbeck gets criticism because he can't finish at all, and while Giroud scores goals, they do not come against the top 5/ top 6 teams for the most part. I think Giroud would be a great backup striker, offering physicality off the bench, and Wellbeck is a decent winger I guess, not a Striker though.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 19, 2015 7:35 pm

Yes, because clearly Welbeck is already at the peak of his career.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue May 19, 2015 7:56 pm

srigooner wrote:Yes, because clearly Welbeck is already at the peak of his career.

Its a common theme throughout his career, I'd rather not throw money at a long term project, at the very least challenging for the title or UCL in the next 3-4 years would be nice. I guess we differ in that hope.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Artilleristen wrote:
srigooner wrote:Yes, because clearly Welbeck is already at the peak of his career.

Its a common theme throughout his career, I'd rather not throw money at a long term project, at the very least challenging for the title or UCL in the next 3-4 years would be nice. I guess we differ in that hope.

Welbeck isn't a starting striker (yet), but he's an able back-up. If anything, he should be better next season, with a bit more maturity and a year of training with his new team. Plus we signed him last summer - keeping him is not the same as throwing money on a long term project (read: Sterling).

Don't see how it insinuates that I hope that we are not challenging for the title of UCL in the next 3-4 years. If that was your attempt to troll my post, it was rather lame - I hope you are better than that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue May 19, 2015 9:23 pm

srigooner wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:

Welbeck isn't a starting striker (yet), but he's an able back-up. If anything, he should be better next season, with a bit more maturity and a year of training with his new team. Plus we signed him last summer - keeping him is not the same as throwing money on a long term project (read: Sterling).

Don't see how it insinuates that I hope that we are not challenging for the title of UCL in the next 3-4 years. If that was your attempt to troll my post, it was rather lame - I hope you are better than that.
I don't think he will get better, next year he will probably stagnate like he did after his one good season at ManU, and I sure don't think that he will turn into an even good striker. He is decent on the wings as a backup. I believe that Arsenal needs more quality now to even dream of title contention. It seems to me that you are content with 3rd, or 4th hoping that an average at best striker now, who might become good at his highest ceiling of talent, can eventually take over for Giroud, who should not be our starter, but a quality backup. This is what I gleam from you response, and it is why I said that, now if some how I am not better than making my opinions of what others say with my analysis, than sure I am not better than that.
And if Wellbeck had the potential that you say he has, why would LvG sell him?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Artilleristen wrote:
srigooner wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:

I don't think he will get better, next year he will probably stagnate like he did after his one good season at ManU, and I sure don't think that he will turn into an even good striker. He is decent on the wings as a backup. I believe that Arsenal needs more quality now to even dream of title contention. It seems to me that you are content with 3rd, or 4th hoping that an average at best striker now, who might become good at his highest ceiling of talent, can eventually take over for Giroud, who should not be our starter, but a quality backup. This is what I gleam from you response, and it is why I said that, now if some how I am not better than making my opinions of what others say with my analysis, than sure I am not better than that.
And if Wellbeck had the potential that you say he has, why would LvG sell him?

You mean the same LvG who signed Falcao and Di Maria and now plays Ashley Young over him right?

Look. Neither you nor me know what his potential is, or how he will turn out. We signed him for the same price which Liverpool paid for Balotelli. A British player at that. I see no reason why we shouldn't support him while he wears the jersey. If he doesn't turn out like I expect him to, it'll just be another Bendtner or a Chamakh or a Park. I think Welbeck is much more than that. And he stagnated as a striker because his work rate meant SAF used him only on the wing. Given chances up front, I see no reason why his finishing can't improve. His finishing is miles ahead of Sterling anyway.

And statistically, Giroud is getting better each season. If we do find players who are an improvement, then by all means, we should sign them. But not just for the sake of signing a big name (*cough* Falcao *cough* Balotelli *cough* Jovetic *cough*). I don't see too many better strikers available on the market, especially not 1.5 months before it opens.

I have the right to these views, based on the reasons I have written. I am sure quite a few others here share this opinion. That, however, gives you no right to insult me by suggesting that I only want a fourth place trophy. That is what I find offensive in your post.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue May 19, 2015 10:59 pm

Cech, Schneiderlin and Lacazette or Benteke. Yous would be well ahead of us with those signings. Thankfully Cech is unlikely and I suspect Arsene will overlook Schneiderlin due to Coquelin's emergence. Maybe a big fee for Sterling and a smaller one on some nobody we've never heard of. Would be typical.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 19, 2015 11:06 pm

Doubt we'll sign a GK one year after we signed Ospina. It is not Wenger-esque. Still feel unsure of how good/bad Ospina really is.

Schneiderlein - agree on Coquelin plugging the need for someone there. Any midfield signings would depend on departures imho.

Lacazette - Haven't seen him play, but GL hype does make that sound an attractive option. Then again, Gl hype is Laughing

Benteke - not any improvement on who we already have, and we aren't a Chelsea or a City to sign a Bony or a Ba to keep our benches cozy and warm. We usually have enough players who don't make the starting eleven taking care of that, since Wenger plays the same 11 till someone gets injured anyway. :/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue May 19, 2015 11:11 pm

Benteke is well better than Giroud.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 20, 2015 12:50 am

Muppet wrote:Benteke is well better than Giroud.

No he's not and he's too similar anyway.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed May 20, 2015 11:59 am

I'm sure Giroud was receiving the same amount of hype when he was playing in France that Lacazette is now. #justsaying
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Arguable. I think Giroud has been underrated all his career to be honest - that is to say, his flaws receive more attention than his strengths.

Let's not forget, when we signed him, he was supposed to be an able back-up for RvP. Little did we know that RvP was already on his way out. This did impact our perception of Giroud as a player from the offset. First impressions and all that.

Last edited by srigooner on Wed May 20, 2015 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Yeah I'm not totally sold on Lucozade fella either. hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 20, 2015 12:14 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t21621-olivier-giroud#593710

hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 20, 2015 5:07 pm

srigooner wrote:http://www.goallegacy.net/t21621-olivier-giroud#593710

hmm

It redirected me to a online shopping site for women's messenger bags hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 pm

It works for me on all computers though hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next