Donuts
windkick
The Franchise
44 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Sat 09 May 2015, 18:17

windkick wrote:Btw, you guys have any idea how hard its gonna be to land a decent forward/winger for our team? We don't rotate our front 3 and everyone knows that. Pedro, been on the team since a child and he's been on the bench since Coahessi took over. So why would any forward want to play for us if they know they will get little to no pt

I kinda disagree. I think Pedro also doesnt play much because he doesnt give you anything. Too many no show performances with him just being a passenger.

I think another player would play more, but still not enough to justify a "star" forward.

Some guy playing in a mid level team who can take a step up, like Rakitic level (smaller role of course).

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun 10 May 2015, 01:48

Rakitic came here knowing he would play allot with Xavi rumored to be leaving sooner rather than later (remember most of the summer was rumored to join NYFC but then decided later on to stay).

Over all we agree, as mentioned an Afellay level player, a young player with a ton of upside who plays in a smaller league, willing to earn his spot off the bench, would be perfect. I just don't know if the club knows how to scout for such a player again (Afellay was suggested to us by Cryuff if I'm not mistaken). Pedro is rumored out, so the question remains, what top-player would realistically come here knowing they have MSN to compete with for minutes? Only reason I brought this up, is because I see posters name dropping some pretty big name guys over the course of the season as guys they would like here, but I'm not so sure it would be that easy to land such players. Mids and defensive players, won't be a problem though since we still thin in those areas
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Culé Sun 10 May 2015, 01:49

Fußball wrote:
Vicious Culé wrote:I reckon in the end we'll end up with none of Pogba, Gundogan, Verratti, Koke, whoever we're linked to atm

Reminds me of last summer. From "Benatia + Marquinhos" to "only Benatia" to Douglas. Proud

Let's hope we don't end up with the dud of midfielders then Laughing

That said, Sir Douglas will soon have as many La Liga medals as Cristiano Ronaldo.
Vicious Culé
Vicious Culé
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 10 May 2015, 12:26

windkick wrote:Rakitic came here knowing he would play allot with Xavi rumored to be leaving sooner rather than later (remember most of the summer was rumored to join NYFC but then decided later on to stay).

Over all we agree, as mentioned an Afellay level player, a young player with a ton of upside who plays in a smaller league, willing to earn his spot off the bench, would be perfect. I just don't know if the club knows how to scout for such a player again (Afellay was suggested to us by Cryuff if I'm not mistaken). Pedro is rumored out, so the question remains, what top-player would realistically come here knowing they have MSN to compete with for minutes? Only reason I brought this up, is because I see posters name dropping some pretty big name guys over the course of the season as guys they would like here, but I'm not so sure it would be that easy to land such players. Mids and defensive players, won't be a problem though since we still thin in those areas

Thats true, but I think we if we name some players on a similar standing to Rakitic (not playing in the CL, playing for a team not competing for the league) then I think we would find alot of players who are willing to come. Even guys who do both but in a smaller league I think would come. It would also help if they play other positions.

For example, I also wondered when Enrique doesnt just play Pedro with MSN because quite often it becomes like a 4411 with Rakitic going out wide to defend. So why not just make this player Pedro (or a player who can play wide-ish against certain weaker opponents?

Cuadrado could have come and done this job perfectly for us while filling in various areas, but for some reason prefers the Chelsea bench.

I agree with you about the big names. Big names want to play in big games and get upset when they dont, it wont work unless something changes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 10 May 2015, 21:02

one thing is for sure, we have been extremely lucky this season with lack of injuries

if one of msn gets injured and we lost pedro, we'll regret not getting a good substitute.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon 11 May 2015, 00:37

Whats the story with Barca B? They are still in danger of getting relegated?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon 11 May 2015, 00:41

yeah, our B team is sucking hard..

we're in 21/22 place in the table with only 5 games left i believe.
blame is being put on bad management.

Last edited by Donuts on Mon 11 May 2015, 00:45; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 11 May 2015, 00:45

They are going down. I stopped watching mid way through the season and it only got worse, untill recently they had not won for a couple months or something crazy.

Coach is a clown, that much is clear.

Looking at it now, maybe the squad is too young and lacked leadership. The better seasons did have some scrubs who didnt start because they were good, but because they had more experience and leadership.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon 11 May 2015, 04:16

That's not very encouraging considering we will be depending on some of those guys next season or so. And if Adama, Halilovic, Munir and Samper are getting promoted next season then they are likely to struggle to even get back to Liga Adelante
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 13 May 2015, 00:39

Today confirmed again that we need better depth. Bringing on Pedro in any sort of competitive game will always be like playing with 10 men.

Midfield reinforcements are also needed. I don't like the "Mascherano from CB to midfield and Mathieu from bench to CB" sub. Need more quality than that in the middle.

Also need a better starting CB than Mascherano. Not sure Mathieu is the answer even though he is great to have for depth. Maybe Vermaelen forgets he used to be a scrub and is reborn as Maldini next season?

Basically same problems as ever. Laughing

Come home Verratti and Marquinhos. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 13 May 2015, 00:51

Nearly everyone agrees on Pedro so I wont touch that.

At Mathieu's age, he cant be the answer regardless of quality. So I agree and I dont like that sub either, its not even a sideway move. We dont gain anything with the sub, but lose quality because Mascherano isnt the player with the ball any of our midfielders are. Maybe you can argue Mascherano is useful in midfield is the game is stretched..by why would the game be stretched?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 13 May 2015, 01:02

Transfer ban is a shame. I don't think the team can repeat success next season without changes, especially if they win the treble now (as arrogant as it might sound, I think the double is secured, question mark only over the CL final for me). They got their shit together for now but Alves and Iniesta will be yet another year older, another year of Mascherano in defense, Messi and Nerman returning exhausted from Copa America, motivation levels naturally dropping after winning stuff ... Exactly the sort of timing when fresh blood would be needed. Unless Samper surprises us all and does a Busquets (skyrocketing into the first team).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed 13 May 2015, 07:59

Very sad what happened to afellay. He was much better then sanchez and pedro. He was ruined by injuries
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 13 May 2015, 13:16

Better than Alexis? Laughing When?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed 13 May 2015, 13:23

in Olympiacos Proud
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Culé Thu 14 May 2015, 16:05

Fußball wrote:

Come home Verratti and Marquinhos. Sad

PSG got one for peanuts and we should have really got the other one 'that summer' when Rosell thought it was a great idea to chase Thiago Silva again.

Now both of them are prob gonna stay at Paris for a long, long time...
Vicious Culé
Vicious Culé
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu 14 May 2015, 16:52

Yea plus from what I gather, the owners of PSG don't like us and will be a pain in the ass to strike any sort of deals with them.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Culé Thu 14 May 2015, 18:10

windkick wrote:Yea plus from what I gather, the owners of PSG don't like us and will be a pain in the ass to strike any sort of deals with them.

Yeah, the Thiago Silva and Marquinhos hunting really pissed them off.
Vicious Culé
Vicious Culé
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu 14 May 2015, 19:20

So has anyone thought of a quality yet realistic target to add strength in depth to our attack. Or have we resigned ourselves to the Pedro mediocrity, and pinning our hopes on our cantera.

Bye Bye Marco. Sad

À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 14 May 2015, 19:59

I dunno...the "new" names of the this season are probably guys like Brahimi, Lacazette, Felipe Anderson, Chadli and Vietto.

Maybe City are probably having a little bit of a clearance sale and could part with Nasri or even David Silva with the right offer.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri 15 May 2015, 01:03

Nasri?! No thanks
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Culé Fri 15 May 2015, 01:14

Nasri? At Barca? No thanks. Please no. Overrated(how is he even rated I wonder) player with a lousy attitude.

Vietto could be a good option if he doesn't end up at Atletico together with the guy who gave him his debut in top football in Argentina, Diego Simeone.
Vicious Culé
Vicious Culé
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri 15 May 2015, 01:44

À bout de souffle wrote:So has anyone thought of a quality yet realistic target to add strength in depth to our attack. Or have we resigned ourselves to  the Pedro mediocrity, and pinning our hopes on our cantera.

Bye Bye Marco.  Sad

That sig suits you very well. :coffee: banana

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Culé Fri 15 May 2015, 02:45

À bout de souffle's posts reminds me about some other poster. Who though........
Vicious Culé
Vicious Culé
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 15 May 2015, 03:03

The Franchise wrote:I dunno...the "new" names of the this season are probably guys like Brahimi, Lacazette, Felipe Anderson, Chadli and Vietto.

Maybe City are probably having a little bit of a clearance sale and could part with Nasri or even David Silva with the right offer.
I really doubt City would consider selling Silva. With Aguero he's their biggest star.

Anyways, MSN works so well, they're all young and motivated, I really don't see why we need another forward. Add Deulofeu/Munir/Rafinha/Suarez and I think we have enough depth for whenever one of them goes out for a month or too.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri 15 May 2015, 03:07

You would trust something like Neymar-Munir-Messi or Neymar-Messi-Pedro to win against, for example, Atletico this coming weekend? I guess we will see if Suarez is indeed out.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next