Jonathan28
LeVersacci
M99
40 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Kaladin Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 22:18

I never got questioned and i used my Lloyds Bank card to purchase $50 US card hmm

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 22:52

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Jonathan28 wrote:Evolve :bow:

You guys gotta get this game, it's amazing. 6.30 in the morning and I'm still playing it. :bow:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/11/8018591/evolve-dlc-cost-buy-everything

I'm alright mate.

OMFG, come on now, all of that $60 worth of shit is skins and cosmetics, the extremely unimportant shit. Future map packs and game modes will be free in order to prevent splitting the community, something which has been the death of many MP games, and selling these unless skins is how they finance that.

People are so misinformed about the Evolve DLC, it's ridiculous. It's *bleeping* skins, all the important shit is free.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 3:50

Jonathan28 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Jonathan28 wrote:Evolve :bow:

You guys gotta get this game, it's amazing. 6.30 in the morning and I'm still playing it. :bow:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/11/8018591/evolve-dlc-cost-buy-everything

I'm alright mate.

OMFG, come on now, all of that $60 worth of shit is skins and cosmetics, the extremely unimportant shit. Future map packs and game modes will be free in order to prevent splitting the community, something which has been the death of many MP games, and selling these unless skins is how they finance that.

People are so misinformed about the Evolve DLC, it's ridiculous. It's *bleeping* skins, all the important shit is free.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 11:34

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not gonna bother with it, bank just called me and asked me about it. I denied it all and told them to cancel my card in case someone is trying to use my card lol.

Lmfaooooooo
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 13:40

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 17:32

rofl rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 17:48

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 17:50

QTEs :facepalm: as much as I love the Resi series i'll never forgive Resi 4 for bring QTEs in to this world to this degree.

Also Laughing at that laziness. Will rent this game only.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 19:37

I'll keep my 360 to play this.

https://imgur.com/a/JThYJ
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 20:12

General Games Discussion - Page 21 QgU8yYJ

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 1:17

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 23:17

I keep hearing people claim that this year has such a great lineup of games, yet the only games I look forward to playing are Bloodborne, Uncharted, FIFA and possibly the two upcoming Final Fantasy games. The rest of the games can suck my northern climate diddledoodlidoo.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 2:01

Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight are massively hyped for me personally. Then you have Uncharted, MGS and Battlefront among others.

If you want to go across all 3 consoles it gets larger with Zelda, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Halo, Tomb Raider and Quantum Break. Plus no doubt they'll be stuff announce, It's clearly going to be packed year IMO even if the early releases have disappointed so far.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 2:58

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight are massively hyped for me personally.  Then you have Uncharted, MGS and Battlefront among others.

If you want to go across all 3 consoles it gets larger with Zelda, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Halo, Tomb Raider and Quantum Break. Plus no doubt they'll be stuff announce,  It's clearly going to be packed year IMO even if the early releases have disappointed so far.

FIFA 15 was.. what you'd expect from a FIFA game, Advanced Warfare was decently entertaining for about 2-3 days, Destiny was pretty entertaining, but an overall disappointing experience that leaves people that don't have devoted friends playing the same game, in the cold, Farcry 3 was alright, Transistor was surprisingly good, and the other indie games I've played were as well.

Now that I think about it, I think the best games I've played on PS4 have all been remakes of games from the previous generation consoles. If these early titles are anything to go by, I'm not very optimistic about the future ones. I genuinely hate this trend of overhyped triple A games that are shallow, uninspired and feel like products that have been rushed out to satisfy impatient customers.

For about a decade now, people have been talking about how much emphasis developers put into providing eye candy in their games, rather than quality content, and that's another trend that's still going strong - and from what I hear, you can add The Order 1886 to that list. Don't get me going about the Final Fantasy series.

95 rating on Metacritic wrote:Literally no game has ever looked this good. It’s strange to even write that, but The Order: 1886 raises the bar so far above its contemporaries that it stands in a class by itself. Joined by a soundtrack that perfects the mood, The Order is a cinematic masterpiece.

Taken from, by far, the highest rating for The Order 1886 on Metacritic. The reviewer seems to have been so blinded by the audiovisual aspect of the game, that he or she didn't seem to notice any of the flaws in the game that basically every other reviewer seem to have agonizingly devoted their time into experiencing. The quality of new games are improving in so many ways, these days, yet the creative and re-inventive aspect of games seem to be on heavy decline. Good games are still being developed, and Arkham Knight is one I forgot to mention, but generally I have far lower expectations towards these big, new titles than I had in the not so distant past.

I don't necessarily think that the lack of creative ingenuity is the problem in contemporary game developers, but rather the instructions game developers, and especially sub- game development companies are getting from the distributors and whoever else it may be that manages them. I've noticed that in recent time, a significant amount of well known, creative developers have chosen to part ways with the companies where they made a name for themselves, allegedly in pursuit of different challenges - these challenges being smaller, often indie companies, or up and coming ones like Telltale games.

I don't think this is a coincidence. I'm not claiming that a conspiracy is going on, or anything, but I'm definitely not impressed by the general sense of contentness in consumers these days. High-end graphics and decent gameplay should not be a successful formula, when past games have done far better on low-end graphics engines.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 3:15

I don't disagree with any of that, problem is games that do what you seem to want take a long time to make. It's not a coincidence that most of the games are remakes because they don't take long to make.

Wouldn't be so bad but we waited too long to end the last generation but seeing as it did we now have to wait for these games to be released. I do think the 2nd half of the year will be the start of it but the last generation lasting so long has been detrimental to the start of this one.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 3:27

Yeah it didn't help that there was some pretty big goat games coming out right at the supposed end of the last gen, so naturally the biggest games to kick next gen off with have been ports of games like Black Flag, COD AW, GTA, TLOU etc.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 4:30

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't disagree with any of that, problem is games that do what you seem to want take a long time to make.

That may be true, but there used to be a time when not all companies followed the business model of Activision and EA, when even a few of the early releases during the start of a new console generation became classics, not necessarily for their leap in aesthetic quality, but for their actual content. Tekken Tag Tournament may not have revolutionized arcade fighting games, but it was a quality game, nonetheless, and it's still considered a classic that in my opinion has not been improved upon by it's sequels. It was one of the games that were offered as a free addition to bundled PS2s, and it was in my opinion, one of many early release games during that console generation that didn't disappoint. The big names in the gaming industry are effectively monopolizing the market, shoveling away the smaller companies that are taking larger risks, and as a result we're expecting more from the few companies that are left. I think I've expressed what I feel about said companies' ability to capitalize on this situation.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 11:57

That's Activision and EA tbf, there's many more great games coming out which don't involve them. In fact I'd argue that Activision and EA don't represent the overall condition of the industry even if their games are the most popular.

It's a matter of finding them, it's a bit like looking for music outside the charts. I'm personally hoping as time goes on Indie games get more impressive, we have had a wave of 2D games and the next step is 3D games which I believe will happen.

The 2D sidescroller was big because a lot of indies grew up on Metroidvania, the next line of developers are going to be those who grew up on Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot and so on.

As long as indie devs are getting more ambitious and diverse over time we should be ok, then we won't have to wait 3 plus years for the games like GTA to come out.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 17:25

Managed to play BF:HL beta for a bit.

It was fun(specially hotwire) but it's quite generic. Probably on the same line as Cod:AW.

It will be packed for a month but no one will be on it after that. Doesn't have the longevity.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 17:30

I think we'll going to play for quite a while, Heist is insane fun with a team and mics. We never really got bored and it was just one map lol.

Tbh though it would probably wouldn't have the longevity if Heist wasn't there but there's so much replayability in that game mode that I think it has staying power.

That and there's game modes that wasn't in the beta, I only need it to last till Witcher 3 anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 12:17

Tool assisted but cool nonetheless.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri 27 Feb 2015 - 15:51

"Woo! You're my hero! I can't thank you enough..."

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 0:52

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 1:13

It looks quite last gen for me, gameplay is solid enough though
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 1:38

Trailer doesn't do its visuals justice tbh, I have seen some gameplay and it looks better than that.

Talk about opposite world lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 1:41

They killed half the main characters in MK9. Lucky for them story doesn't matter for most when it comes to fighting games.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next