zigra
sportsczy
Bankz
fatman123
guest_07
28 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

zidane overrated or not? - Page 5 Empty Re: zidane overrated or not?

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:32 am

1996-97 Serie A [Round 30]
May 11, 1997
Verona 0-2 Juventus
Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi: 28,863 spectators
Referee: Treossi

Another weak performance from Zidane. Verona man-marked many of Juventus' players, but the player who suffered the most was Zidane. As La Stampa says, "the pressure of Verona embarrassed Zidane", who was found out of position and too far advanced several times.

Zidane played a part in Juventus' first goal, playing the corner which Jugovic deflected to Ferrara, who scored the opening goal. La Stampa gave a very short explanation for Zidane's poor rating -- "nothing special, tired" -- and he was rated as Juventus' worst player on the pitch. Yikes.

RATINGS

Peruzzi [8]; Ferrara [6.5] - Iuliano [6.5] - Montero [6.5] - Dimas [6]; Lombardo [6] - Deschamps [6.5] - Zidane [5.5] - Jugovic [6.5]; Vieri [7] - Boksic [6]

Substitutes: Tacchinardi [6], Del Piero [n/a], Amoruso [n/a]

Yellow card: Ferrara, Montero, Dimas

the source:
http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/zinedine-zidane-review-1996-2006.2006080/page-3

http://www.archiviolastampa.it/component/option,com_lastampa/task,search/mod,libera/action,viewer/Itemid,3/page,33/articleid,0596_01_1997_0129_0035_7964199/

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 am

Are you talking to yourself?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:07 am

RealGunner wrote:Are you talking to yourself?

i just give the historical info like what the museum built for

either you enter & learn it or you don't

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:54 am

Why do i have a feeling you're nitpicking times where zidane was out of form?
Oh wait, you are
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:25 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Why do i have a feeling you're nitpicking times where zidane was out of form?
Oh wait, you are

nitpicking????

sorry my friend

the main intention in this project is to review ALL OF HIS MATCHES, starting with his carreer in juventus

his bordeaux one is hard to find the main source

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:40 pm

You guys realize he's going in order right? He's not nitpicking, he's literally just posting match ratings from every game in Zidane's first season.

How much stock you should give these ratings is another thing entirely Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:07 pm

ACMRox wrote:You guys realize he's going in order right? He's not nitpicking, he's literally just posting match ratings from every game in Zidane's first season.

How much stock you should give these ratings is another thing entirely Laughing

thanks for the enlightenment, my friend, i appreciate it

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:18 pm

1996-97 Serie A [Round 31]
May 15, 1997
Juventus 4-1 Piacenza
Stadio delle Alpi: 5,823 spectators
Referee: Cesari

Zidane was a substitute in this match, brought on after halftime to replace Del Piero. And for the first time in weeks, Zidane had a good performance in league play, scoring his first goal since April.

It was a very convincing performance from Juventus, in the second half especially as they scored 4 goals after a goalless first half. Zidane was regarded as the match-changer, La Stampa said that he "unlocked the match" as he scored the opener and provided much-needed creativity in the final third.

His goal can be seen at the beginning of this clip:

RATINGS

Peruzzi [7]; Porrini [6.5] - Tacchinardi [6.5] - Iuliano [6] - Dimas [6]; Di Livio [6] - Deschamps [7] - Jugovic [6.5] - Del Piero [6]; Boksic [4.5] - Vieri [7]

Substitutes: Conte [n/a], Zidane [7], Amoruso [6.5]

Yellow card: n/a

the source:
http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/zinedine-zidane-review-1996-2006.2006080/page-3

http://www.archiviolastampa.it/component/option,com_lastampa/task,search/mod,libera/action,viewer/Itemid,3/page,29/articleid,0597_01_1997_0133_0060_8149286/

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:49 pm

ACMRox wrote:You guys realize he's going in order right? He's not nitpicking, he's literally just posting match ratings from every game in Zidane's first season.
Wow, I just noticed the dates at the top of each post. And FennecFox assumes that OP is only picking matches when Zidane was out of form. Looks like he was out of form all season. Laughing

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:02 pm

guest_07 :bow:

An undertaking of Borgesian quality
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 pm

We have our very own little entry to Babel's Library Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:25 pm

guest07 is telling those of us who actually watched zidane in those days already know. a supremely talented player who sometimes performed magnificently...but not a week to week savior like messi or suarez last season.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Sports has a point about the ratings. If you took the absolute best form of say platini, maradona, baggio ect, they'd get about an average of 7, if they were at their best. Basically, the Italian journalists did not fap over attacking skills
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:52 pm

I think it's more interesting to look at the score compared to the rest of the team rather than just the number he was assigned. It's telling he was rarely MOTM, which I would assume Platini, Maradona and Baggio were often.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 pm

From that perspective it's interesting, maradona and platini were usually their teams highest rated attacking players, but there was little difference between their ratings and their best defenders, in fact sometimes their ratings were less than the defenders on average, going by newspaper reports. So where would that put zidane, not a defender or an attacker really.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:18 am

the era of people chalking in 10 out of 10, hell 11 out of 10 ratings today with hattricks and 4 goal games against minnows has spoiled us....i watched zidane play, (despite being a madrid fan, i followed serie a almost religiously especially when diego was there)....if his ratings were butt average he wouldn't be candidate for individual laurels he got....now, now, i'm not a fan of such awards, but i think we all can agree that the verdict on the final ten is usually consistent (except rare cases like suarez where he's kicked out of the voting cos of biting and/violence)

also if you look at those "ratings", nobody scored a 9 or 10, sometimes even the best player according to those "ratings" scored a 6.5. i would also love to see ratings for the opposition, i mean if zidane is scoring 4 or 4.5, some holding midfielders must be having god-like games, which i'm sure when such ratings are released, even those guys would probably be on 6's and 6.5's

finally serie a from the 80s to mid 00s (before calciopolli), wasn't for clowns parma, lazio, roma, fiorentina, and sampdoria could cause problems for anyone, not to mention the big 3....if you picked the top ten midfielders in the last couple of years, put them in that juve side, and zizou in the latter, i'd bet zidane would hold his weight, not to sure about the others; ome may succeed, afterall juve weren't scrubs, but i doubt with the same impact as they do now, considering the footy played in serie a and the tackles players were allowed to get away with.....also i don't think even maradona averaged 7 to 8 point ratings in his peak periods at napoli
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:09 am

titosantill wrote:the era of people chalking in 10 out of 10, hell 11 out of 10 ratings today with hattricks and 4 goal games against minnows has spoiled us....i watched zidane play, (despite being a madrid fan, i followed serie a almost religiously especially when diego was there)....if his ratings were butt average he wouldn't be candidate for individual laurels he got....now, now, i'm not a fan of such awards, but i think we all can agree that the verdict on the final ten is usually consistent (except rare cases like suarez where he's kicked out of the voting cos of biting and/violence)

also if you look at those "ratings", nobody scored a 9 or 10, sometimes even the best player according to those "ratings" scored a 6.5. i would also love to see ratings for the opposition, i mean if zidane is scoring 4 or 4.5, some holding midfielders must be having god-like games, which i'm sure when such ratings are released, even those guys would probably be on 6's and 6.5's

finally serie a from the 80s to mid 00s (before calciopolli), wasn't for clowns parma, lazio, roma, fiorentina, and sampdoria could cause problems for anyone, not to mention the big 3....if you picked the top ten midfielders in the last couple of years, put them in that juve side, and zizou in the latter, i'd bet zidane would hold his weight, not to sure about the others; ome may succeed, afterall juve weren't scrubs, but i doubt with the same impact as they do now, considering the footy played in serie a and the tackles players were allowed to get away with.....also i don't think even maradona averaged 7 to 8 point ratings in his peak periods at napoli

Thank you.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:04 am

It's obvious that it is more difficult for a creative player or attacker to achieve consistent individual success than a defender, or a defensive midfielder. Most of the former live off high moments whereas the latter rarely fluctuate in performance. But the cream always rises to the top.

Zizou has a reputation of being an inconsistent player, someone who shined on the biggest stages but was never one to consistently produce the goods. This isn't some sort of character assassination; for a player who is regarded as one of the best ever, Zizou had a disproportionate amount of poor games. But most of the time he shined on the biggest stages, the derbies, the knockout matches, etcetera.

From what I have read, "10/10" performances are extremely rare. In the 40 year history of La Gazzetta dello Sport, they have given a "10/10" on a handful of occasions.

• Oleg Salenko (1994) - scoring 5 goals in a WC match against Cameroon
  • Alessio Scarpi (1998) - saving the life of a Cagliari player who collapsed on the field
  • Roberto Baggio (2000) - for bringing Inter to the Champions League after scoring 2 goals in a one-off CL qualification match against Parma
  • Lippi, Cannavaro, Buffon (2006) - World Cup 2006
  • Diego Milito (2010) - scoring 2 goals against Bayern to seal the first Italian treble
  • Robert Lewandowski (2013) - scoring 4 goals in a CL semifinal against Real Madrid

And looking at seasonal ratings, an excerpt from James Horncastle's article from 2013 about Francesco Totti (the list above is from the same article):
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/perfect-10-forget-his-age-romas-totti-good-ever

The 10+ that Diego Milito earned after his brace against Bayern Munich in the 2010 Champions League final sealed a historic treble for Inter remains the highest ever bestowed upon a player. Milito wasn’t just great that night, but throughout the campaign, scoring the Scudetto clincher and the winner in the Coppa Italia final. He had an average of 6.59 in Serie A that season. No one did better. Few have had better years in terms of trophies won, but with regards to pagelle many have averaged higher.

The 6.94 Michel Platini achieved while playing for Juventus over the duration of the 1983-84 season is still the highest posted by anyone in the last three decades. Occupying the throne more than anyone else since Le Roi retired is the King of the Rome. Francesco Totti has had the highest average in Serie A in 2001-02 [6.75], 2005-06 [6.67] and 2012-13 [6.56]. No one other than him has been rated the league’s best player on three separate occasions. That’s some hat-trick.

Tot up his pagelle and those of other players over the last 20 years and you’ll find that his 6.45 [career] average in Serie A is higher than Signore Scudetto himself, Zlatan Ibrahimovic [6.42], higher than Gianluca Pagliuca’s [6.39], higher than Emerson’s [6.38], Angelo Peruzzi’s [6.38], Sebastien Frey’s [6.34], Roberto Mancini’s [6.33], Seba Veron’s [6.32], Paolo Maldini’s [6.31] and Toto Di Natale’s [6.30]. Higher than anyone’s in Serie A throughout that time.

Instead of just making judgements from ratings alone, try to connect the dots between your own opinion and what's posted here.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:22 pm

that baggio game against parma was the best performance out of that list you mentioned, except for scarpi (i never saw scarpi's save, although saving a life tops any goal or shot stopped in footy, ) but baggio's parma performance was magic, considering people began to label him done around that period....lewa's madrid was great, but i'd rather forget about it
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:37 pm

ffs :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Ruined by the Sports Direct signs imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5