MJ
EL Patron
El Gunner
urbaNRoots
LeBéninois
VendettaRed07
11 posters

Go down

Bring back Henry.  Empty Bring back Henry.

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:47 am

l'm serious.

Forget about everything we lack on paper. Or w/e. At the end of the day we lack a leader. We lack mental toughness and a real veteran voice. Wenger, Arteta, and Mert clearly aren't setting the fire and the desire and will to win in a lot of the young talented players we have.

Watching Henry this season, he still has it. He still demands so much out of his teammates. He still hustles and gets the best out of the players around him. Even though the red bulls didn't get to the finals this year, his leadership qualities and voice still have such a big impact on everyone around him. l think now more than ever our squad desperately needs a player like him and help sort out whatever mentally is just causing so many of our players to not play to what we know they are capable of. And someone to help keep players cool in pressure situations.

l know how old he is. But who cares. Look at what a positive impact Lampard still has for City, and Drogba has done well for Chelsea too.

He's a free agent. Lets bring Titi home where he belongs and he can retire with us like the true legend he is.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Bring back Henry.  Empty Re: Bring back Henry.

Post by LeBéninois Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:28 am

Bring him back on the bench as a part of the coaching staff.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:04 am

He's better than Sanogo so yes bring him back in a player-coach role if he wants it. And of course to retire at Arsenal cheers
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:53 am

meh I dunno
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:38 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Would love to have him and Bergkamp back at the club in some capacity at some point in the future.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Thierry Henry has announced his departure from New York Red Bulls after four-and-a-half years with the Major League Soccer club.

The former France striker revealed his decision three days after admitting he would be interested in a return to Arsenal, and changed his Facebook photograph to an image of the Emirates Stadium.

The 37-year-old will take 'the next few weeks to reflect and decide on the next chapter of my career' with a coaching role at the Barclays Premier League club among the options.

I am taking this opportunity to announce that unfortunately Saturday was my last game for the New York Red Bulls.

The decision has always been that I would leave after the duration of my contract and although that was never going to change, I didn't want it to distract from the progress of the team.

I have immensely enjoyed my four-and-a-half years here and would like to thank everyone involved with this club who has made my time here so enjoyable.

Thanks must go particularly to Erik Soler, Hans Backe, Gerard Houllier, Andy Roxburgh, Mike Petke, all my team-mates, the technical staff, medical staff, all the personnel who work for the Red Bull organisation, the MLS and of course the owner Mr Mateschitz whose vision and passion brought me to this wonderful city.

A special mention must go to the Red Bull fans who have supported this team through the good, the bad and the ugly times in the sun, rain and snow.

You guys have really meant a lot to me and thank you for all your wonderful support.

I will now take the next few weeks to reflect and decide on the next chapter of my career.

Thank you all,
Thierry Henry

Come home Titi :bow: :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:13 pm

We don't have any technical or sporting directors, so he can't fit in there. He would make a great ambassador for the club, but I doubt he'd want to settle for just that. I am not sure if he'd make a (good) manager. Coach is not glamorous enough. hmm

If he comes to Arsenal, what do you guys see him as?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:22 pm

player/ coach, giggs from last year kind of role for the rest of the year. I don't think he's quite ready to call it quits playing wise.

Think we could just sign him and he could play every now and then and help out on the rest of our injury crisies we are sure to have the rest of the season and help him transition to a full on coaching role shortly after
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Personal Welbeck coach Thumbs up Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:34 pm

It's hard to see Henry getting into the daily grind of coaching. I don't think it'd be suitable for him given his personality and lifestyle.

Maybe he could go the way of Freddie Ljungberg and take on an ambassadorial role for the club.

He did say he'd be willing to be a water boy hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't see him playing with us again, even in a player/coach role. If he's going to play more football I see it at a MLS< level
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:03 pm

I dont think Henry will come back as a player, it would be too emotional for him. Like MJ said maybe in the future would rather Bergkamp and Henry together again at Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Putting sentiment aside, I don't think there is room for Thierry on the playing side of things anymore.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:26 am

SamuelJayC wrote:Putting sentiment aside, I don't think there is room for Thierry on the playing side of things anymore.
You referring that Sanogo is better than Henry, given the performances of last six months or an year may be?
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Henry will always have class and ability but you'd be hard pressed to find many 37-year-olds who can outlast a 22-year-old over the course of a 50-game season.

Granted, Henry takes care of himself well and Sanogo is frail, but Sanogo's shortcomings shouldn't be what defines what we look for in a striker.

I just don't see the need with Giroud and Welbeck as primary options and Sanogo raw but useful, Henry would be better off playing at a lower level if he still wants to or coming back as a coach.

Would love to see him in any capacity at the club but I don't think it'll be as a player.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down