Liverpool v Stoke

+7
mr-r34
Helmer
iftikhar
Red Alert
Fahim89
Nishankly
Art Morte
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by stevieg8 Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:11 am

I'm the only one in chat... someone come keep me company? Sad

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by stevieg8 Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:56 am

I think we can definitively say that my presence in this forum determines our level of success. Sorry for the losing streak guys Razz
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:01 am

We actually frigging won a game of football Proud

Glen Johnson our bloody warrior Proud

Not exactly what you'd call a strong performance, but I'll take anything nowadays Proud

A clean sheet, too :bow:

Shots on target: Liverpool 3 - 4 Stoke
Possession: Liverpool 47% - 53% Stoke

What's the lesson? Passing it back and forth at the back isn't great football. Not that there was great football on display here. But we frigging won Proud


Also, Stevieg8 should take it easy there :coffee:

Johnson has to be Man of the Match for his goal.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18187
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:02 am

No way, Allen was brilliant.

Lucas was the MOTM. We were so composed in the center. Great performance.

Gleninho man, Credit where its due.

No place for Stevie G in this starting 11.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20784
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by iftikhar Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:08 am

I'm so so worried about Rodger's team selection and tactical decisions.
Why did Allen start!!! Just because Balotelli didn't/couldn't start, BR had to slot-in another ineffective player!!!
Why did he sent in Lovern!!!
Why did Allen played whole 90 mins, he already had his quota of missed opportunities!!!
Why didn't Lallana and/or Borini come in!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9338
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by mr-r34 Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:11 am

iftikhar wrote:I'm so so worried about Rodger's team selection and tactical decisions.
Why did Allen start!!! Just because Balotelli didn't/couldn't start, BR had to slot-in another ineffective player!!!
Why did he sent in Lovern!!!
Why did Allen played whole 90 mins, he already had his quota of missed opportunities!!!
Why didn't Lallana and/or Borini come in!!!


At least he dropped Gerrard, be happy it's a start.

Can should of been playing instead of Allen.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich
Posts : 3377
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:14 am

Give dat man a 10 year contract ffs. Gleninho :bow:
Spoiler:

Lucas by FAAAAAAR the MOTM. Best performance from him since before his ACL injury. Goddam this was vintage Lucas :bow:  Unfortunate to be taken off. I would have slated Rodgers for taking him off have we conceded but it's all good.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:18 am

Seriously, though, Johnson has to be MOTM, a defender scoring the only goal of the game, come on. Yeah, he gave the ball away a bit, but to score the winning goal in a game where we didn't look like scoring, absolutely MOTM.

Sterling was quite disappointing again.

Skrtel had a strong game.

Lambert did well. Does the same things as Balotelli, but seems to do a bit more.

Gerrard looked more lively coming on as a sub hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18187
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:21 am

gtfo Art. What do you mean we didn't look like scoring? Second half we had like 5 goal scoring opportunities. Allen missed an absolute tap in. Lucas missed a one on one. Lambert shot was incredibly saved by Begovic. Then he hit the bar as well.

Johnson was god awful the whole game until he scored a tap in in the 85h minute, and your actually saying he deserves MOTM? *bleep* off with that.

I would let it slide if you were jesting around but I know you are being serious and it's very unfair to Lucas who was by FAR the best player on the pitch the whole match.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by mr-r34 Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:42 am

Agree with James, GJ was shite.

RA's got a boner now hahaha.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich
Posts : 3377
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Curtinho Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:13 am

Will save some time for RA. Blah blah Stoke is way better than us blah blah shit lucky win blah blah Johnson is elite blah blah Rodgers is shite and our season is forfeit Sad
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 4626
Join date : 2014-02-13

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:17 am

If we keep around 5-6 points away form 4th until January. We'll be in a great position.

God, there is that tiny hope that this season can still be salvageable. I can take the despair, it's the hope that's killing me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:17 am

Don't call me James wrote:gtfo Art. What do you mean we didn't look like scoring? Second half we had like 5 goal scoring opportunities. Allen missed an absolute tap in. Lucas missed a one on one. Lambert shot was incredibly saved by Begovic. Then he hit the bar as well.

Johnson was god awful the whole game until he scored a tap in in the 85h minute, and your actually saying he deserves MOTM? *bleep* off with that.

I would let it slide if you were jesting around but I know you are being serious and it's very unfair to Lucas who was by FAR the best player on the pitch the whole match.


The clue is in the name of the players. When we're creating our best chances for players like Allen and Lucas, it tells it's not going to plan. The matter of the fact is that neither Allen or Lucas scored from their great chances. Johnson didn't even have the opportunity played to his freedom, he had to react and follow through quickly. And he did and he scored. The only goal of the game. From a defender. Won us the three points. Head and shoulders the Man of the Match for me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18187
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:21 am

I mean, how can you say Lucas was MOTM? Sure, he didn't do anything wrong, but he didn't do anything decisive, either. Johnson, as a full-back, went beyond his call of duty to score the only goal of the game in a game where we couldn't otherwise score.

Damn, the detestation towards some of our players by some of you. Maybe Manquillo had not had lost the ball quite as many times as Johnson, but would he have scored that goal? No frigging way.

At the end of the day Glen Johnson was part of the back-four that kept a clean sheet and he himself scored a pretty brilliant goal that won us the game. Without Johnson we would be mourning here how we couldn't beat Stoke at Anfield.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18187
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:28 am

you need to rewatch the match if you didn't see anything special in Lucas' game.

And Lucas was the main reason for the clean sheet. You put Gerrard for the 80 minutes at DM that Lucas played I bet you we would have conceded like we've done all season long.

Anyways, I don't care man. Think what you want to think.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:32 am

Don't call me James wrote:you need to rewatch the match if you didn't see anything special in Lucas' game.

And Lucas was the main reason for the clean sheet. You put Gerrard for the 80 minutes at DM that Lucas played I bet you we would have conceded like we've done all season long.

Anyways, I don't care man. Think what you want to think.


I'm not saying that Lucas had a bad game, but to say what he did was greater what Johnson did is just ridiculous. Johnson earned us the three points. Lucas's contribution would have earned a single point. Three is greater than one.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18187
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:44 am

Johnson scored a goal and he was shit otherwise the whole first half. Slightly better in the second.

Lucas was great all game.

You say as if Johnson was the main reason we got 3 points. The team earned the 3 points. Johnson was there to tap in from 3 yards ffs. Lucas was the main reason we didn't concede.

If you think Lucas' contribution would have resulted in one point without the all mighty Glen Johnson then you have got other problems that you may want to get checked.

Anyways, like I said I don't care about this Glen Johnson topic. Can't wait until he's gone.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:01 am

Yeassssssss we are having discussions over MOM's and the contenders are Lucas and Johnson. Proud

Both have to start against Leicester on Tuesday.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20784
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:19 am

Don't call me James wrote:Johnson scored a goal and he was shit otherwise the whole first half. Slightly better in the second.

Lucas was great all game.

You say as if Johnson was the main reason we got 3 points. The team earned the 3 points. Johnson was there to tap in from 3 yards ffs. Lucas was the main reason we didn't concede.

If you think Lucas' contribution would have resulted in one point without the all mighty Glen Johnson then you have got other problems that you may want to get checked.

Anyways, like I said I don't care about this Glen Johnson topic. Can't wait until he's gone.


A full-back having a tap-in = he has to follow a bar-hitting header to fly-header it into the goal while taking a boot to the head that makes him bleed, now I've heard it all Proud

Without Johnson, this game would have been a 0-0 and we would have one point to show for it. Thanks to Johnson, we have three points to show for it. How anyone can say that Lucas was more influential than Johnson, I cannot understand.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18187
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:22 am

Art Morte wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:you need to rewatch the match if you didn't see anything special in Lucas' game.

And Lucas was the main reason for the clean sheet. You put Gerrard for the 80 minutes at DM that Lucas played I bet you we would have conceded like we've done all season long.

Anyways, I don't care man. Think what you want to think.


I'm not saying that Lucas had a bad game, but to say what he did was greater what Johnson did is just ridiculous. Johnson earned us the three points. Lucas's contribution would have earned a single point. Three is greater than one.


hmm. Im not so sure about that logic.

Let's do it the other way round, if either's contribution, in turns, would NOT exist then without the goal you'd have one point, without the clean sheet 0 though.
1>0
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33946
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:29 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:you need to rewatch the match if you didn't see anything special in Lucas' game.

And Lucas was the main reason for the clean sheet. You put Gerrard for the 80 minutes at DM that Lucas played I bet you we would have conceded like we've done all season long.

Anyways, I don't care man. Think what you want to think.


I'm not saying that Lucas had a bad game, but to say what he did was greater what Johnson did is just ridiculous. Johnson earned us the three points. Lucas's contribution would have earned a single point. Three is greater than one.


hmm. Im not so sure about that logic.

Let's do it the other way round, if either's contribution, in turns, would NOT exist then without the goal you'd have one point, without the clean sheet 0 though.
1>0


So, now we're assuming Lucas's contribution was the sole reason we kept a clean sheet, against Stoke who have not scored in years at Anfield? Laughing

Well, at the end of the day it's down to everyone's opinion and mine is that Johnson was MOTM by a country mile thanks to his goal that was the only goal of the game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18187
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Fahim89 Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:01 am

Well to most of our surprise and to add to Art's point. . . . Johnson was voted MOTM by fans Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:58 am

well there are many aspects to look at it and I think the main problem is, there was no clear cut MOTM. But Lucas did perform brilliantly. Well I can say, Gleno's goal did matter because till that moment we did not concede, so yeah Lucas was MOTM.

It doesnt matter howmuch useless Allen was I think he did perform good when deployed as the deepest MF. He was really energetic and retrieved the ball so many times during that decisive period.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9769
Join date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Yeah ones Lucas was taken out and Allen played his role in the last 10 mins, he did really well.

For the rest of the time though he was really invisibly average.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:25 pm

btw guys, Gleno can be so much better if he learns to work with his limitations. He tries too hard sometimes and loses the ball, but he is also the one who is very important sometimes to take the ball out of the defense. I think in that regard-the order is Gleno>manquilo>Enrique>Alberto...I think Alberto has pace and tricks but he is not consistent enough to find someone in the midfield. I think he is still learning to get adjusted to the team. I think whether it is Manquillo or Gleno, the right side of the attack has been more effective compared to left.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9769
Join date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Clean sheet, 3 points, and wages scored. Proud

We're still very very bad.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Stoke

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum