CB situation - Page 2 Empty Re: CB situation

Post by Sri Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:07 pm

+1 Jay.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:26 am

srigooner wrote:Credit where it is due. Don't be foolish in your judgement.

Am I frustrated with AW? Yes. But that doesn't take away what he has done for the club in the pre-Emirates era as well as during the stadium-debt period.

You have a new stadium and a club able to compete (at least theoretically) with opulent clubs - not because David Dean had his way about us not building a stadium and moving instead to Wembley or something.

It's amazing how easily people have forgotten what lead to him being ousted and selling his shares to Usmanov. Dein was good while he was there (like I said, credit where it is due), but his exit was no bed of roses. And don't forget the number of 'stars' who departed who had Darren Dein as their agent.

You guys need to watch videos of pre-AW Arsenal to really understand how he transformed this club. '1-0 to the Arsenal' and 'Boring, boring Arsenal' are not the things you would have started supporting.

@Hans - Props to you mate. Like Jay said, it helps to have some outside-in view, when people here are so frustratingly un-objective, mix up issues and misdirect their qualms. :facepalm:

Jay sum up my thought but what I mean is how the fans ( at least the ones like me) want to judge him fairly on football result/ performance given all factors. Smile also look at my avatar u can see i'm follower since George who alsob rought in much success ( he was the best Arsenal had til that point) got booted the moment he lost dressing room & couldnt contain Adams drinking habit, talk about losing patience with the manager aye.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:23 am

If Kos was that good, he wouldn't have Sakho, Mangala, etc. get chosen over him at NT...  There's something about him that Deschamps really doesn't like.  Whatever DD's faults, he knows defenders and defensive mids.  

Kos doesn't just make brainfarts... he makes massive ones and cannot be counted on against the big opponents. Sure, everyone makes mistakes. But the better CBs are mostly very good when it counts. Kos mostly poor when it counts.

Just as examples... he was horrible in both Spain NT games in WCQ and against Ukraine the playoff. He also got a red card in another WCQ game. After the Ukraine leg 1 debacle, he was benched for good. Too much data showing his frailty and all over the course of 24 months.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:44 am

Twoism wrote:
Jay sum up my thought but what I mean is how the fans ( at least the ones like me) want to judge him fairly on football result/ performance given all factors. Smile also look at my avatar u can see i'm follower since George who alsob rought in much success ( he was the best Arsenal had til that point) got booted the moment he lost dressing room & couldnt contain Adams drinking habit, talk about losing patience with the manager aye.

Nothing against George, but do you reckon that brand of football would have brought Arsenal the same global following? Heck, I have never even been to the UK, but I have been watching over 90% games each season, devouring every Arsenal related book and learning about the club for over a decade! I know what attracted me to the club - it was the brand of football. At least based on what I have read and seen, I doubt I would have had the same passion for the pre-AW Arsenal.

Anyway, that's beside the point. My only bone of contention is, just because AW has become so stubborn and borders on being a frustrating idiot, nobody can take away what he did accomplish in the early part of his career. If Raptor had only criticized the current policies and mismanagement, I would join in to. His post went over the line with David Dein and not crediting what AW did do.

Back to the CB topic I guess.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Why does every discussion about the team, tactics and players turn into an Arsene out debate ? we can't even discuss anything about the team anymore :facepalm:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:43 pm

Because Arsene has the most say on team, tactics and players...? Razz (But I know what you mean)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:45 pm

"glass half empty" or "glass half full"

Yea my glass was half full four or five years ago when we only needed one or two players to push us over the top and bring home some meaningful silverware and honors. Since then we sold our best players. Strengthened our rivals and replaced those going out with inferior replacements.

I tried to drink away the pain of watching my team deteriorate! So I finished that beer and now my glass is empty. Now I am just waiting for a refill.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:44 am

That will be 60€ please. We serve the most expensive seats beer in the country.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:18 pm

agree with those saying our partnership of Kos-Mert is nothing to whinge about. Everyone was raving about them last season, rightly, now they've joined the public enemy list too?

Still can't get over not signing a 3rd choice CB though. Everyone knew it was 100% going to come back to bite us. I make a lot of excuses for wenger, but can't think of how I can make one for that.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2