Helmer
Art Morte
iftikhar
19 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Winter is Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: Winter is Coming

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:49 pm

Meh I don't want to sign a 29 year old to a 3 or 4 year contract. We've already got Henderson who can do the versatile role for us and has a better engine than Milner and is younger.

Just buy someone we actually need for goodness sake.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:21 pm

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/01/report-claims-liverpool-romas-miralem-pjanic/
Liverpool could be set to bring Roma star Miralem Pjanic to Anfield in the summer, according to reports, as they look to find a long-term replacement for Steven Gerrard.
I know it's not a winter transfer rumour, but this is one of those rumours I could get behind 100%. I hope to God it's true. Pjanic is class, though I doubt it happens maybe Rodgers' comments to put pressure on buying ready-made talent could encourage it happening.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Pjanic is great, but Roma are tough negotiators under the American owners of their own, I don't know are they going to sell... and would Pjanic be interested in moving anyway, Roma will be in the CL next season, for us it's looking 50-50 at best right now. If it is possible to sign him, we should be looking at it, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:00 pm

How much would you offer as wage, if you could sign Milner and Khedira free in summer?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:45 pm

iftikhar wrote:How much would you offer as wage, if you could sign Milner and Khedira free in summer?

I'm not keen on Khedira and I don't think he's keen on us.

Reportedly Milner is at 80k a week at City and the gossip has it both us and Arsenal have been put off by his wage demands while he has also declined City's offer for extension. So, I'd imagine he's looking to get at least £80k per week. I'd be happier with something like 60k, but I think he'd refuse that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:04 am

Khedira is terrible. Just has a work rate and that's it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:09 am

"Liverpool struggle to sign big-name players, admits Brendan Rodgers"

I wonder f****** why. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:51 am

We need an update on transfers! and not for the Ladies team! bring back Damien Comolli - am I correct in saying that he signed Suarez?? Ian Arye brings in Lambert! that recruitment meeting they had looks like a waste of time!

I love reading Liverpoolfc.com comments. I mean ffs. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:01 pm

rofl

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:03 pm

No need to sign Khedira, no f**** way, we already have Hendo for that...we need a midfielder who has better touch, is more creative than Henderson, who knows how to get into those goal scoring positions to make something happen :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:01 am

If we get rid of Leiva aswell in January I want him gone. Don't care who manages us for the last 6 months. Bring back Kenny as a caretaker, or everybody listen to Gerrard or some shit idc.

Was prepared to give him the leftover time until Rafa was done at Napoli, but this is ridiculous. :brickwall:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:27 am

Lucas hasn't been that great. I feel like Can could do better in that role. I'd also like to see Allen tried deeper since that's where he was successful initially for us.

If the fee is right for Lucas, or we get a player coming back the other way that actually suits our needs then I wouldn't be bothered by it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:38 am

Hasn't been that great? Are you kidding me? He's finally found form since he's injuries, and looks solid again. That is, when he's played with Henderson and his influence isn't overshadowed by Gerrard by playing some stupid box to box role that he's not used too (great management there). And he's in the prime years of his career right now. He's arguably the reason why we've conceded a lot less and aren't getting dominated in midfield anymore.

Speaking of Gerrard, he's leaving yeah? We're going to lose A LOT of experience and leadership. It's probably a good thing to keep some mature players / experience at the club, no?

Lucas can offer a lot. He still is, after all a key player. But let's let him go, and sign someone like Clattermole because why the *bleep* not. He's English, PL proven etc. We do have a habit of letting key players go since 2010 and replacing them with duds and wondering why we're not a CL team anymore.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:12 am

We don't have that many CMs currently, I don't think we're selling any of them in January.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:48 am

Art Morte wrote:We don't have that many CMs currently, I don't think we're selling any of them in January.
Lucas-Kova swap hmm :coffee: :whistle: Chaka
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:26 pm

Kova just signed a new contract until 2019.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Red Alert wrote:Kova just signed a new contract until 2019.
Doesn't mean he is going to stay until 2019 :coffee: .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:45 pm

there is no f**** way in hell that Lucas should be sold !!! Have you gone nuts for selling Lucas, eh ?

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Agreed. Lucas is probably the best midfielder we got Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:56 pm

A lot of overreaction here. Weren't people calling Lucas done a few months ago? Now he's our beat midfielder? Hendo and Can are both better. I'm not advocating selling him it wouldn't bother me though if it allowed us to address a need elsewhere.

I think Lucas is good but not great.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:02 pm

you dont need great players everywhere, you need exactly players like him who can do their job. He is performing satisfactory for me.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:05 pm

El Cujo wrote:A lot of overreaction here. Weren't people calling Lucas done a few months ago? Now he's our beat midfielder? Hendo and Can are both better. I'm not advocating selling him it wouldn't bother me though if it allowed us to address a need elsewhere.

I think Lucas is good but not great.
I think they are saying it with consideration about the circumstance surrounding it. Emre is playing CB so that leaves only Henderson & Lucas as legitimate CM.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:17 pm

Lucas does his job all right. The thing that bothers me about him is that when we need that little bit of extra from everyone, you just know you aren't getting it from Lucas. Sure he looks okay against a team like Sunderland, who have a CM combo of Bridcutt and Larsson testing him. But ultimately I'm left hoping for a defensively-capable CM that actually can get something done when we're dominating games like we did big time against Sunderland today.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:34 pm

That's what i mean. Lucas is good, decent even but I would prefer a back trio of Lovren Skrtel/Toure Sakho and a midfield duo of Hendo and Can TBH. I don't think we need to sell Lucas but if he were sold at a decent price and it allowed us to bring in a real need I would be ok with it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:Lucas does his job all right. The thing that bothers me about him is that when we need that little bit of extra from everyone, you just know you aren't getting it from Lucas. Sure he looks okay against a team like Sunderland, who have a CM combo of Bridcutt and Larsson testing him. But ultimately I'm left hoping for a defensively-capable CM that actually can get something done when we're dominating games like we did big time against Sunderland today.

wrong time and game to judge Lucas. The whole team played with a different mentality, not that I am saying Lucas offers something more going forward but he he was doing his job good. Also I think Allen is a better player to play in such games when we are dominating the midfield, specially when opposition is down to 10 men.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:56 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Lucas does his job all right. The thing that bothers me about him is that when we need that little bit of extra from everyone, you just know you aren't getting it from Lucas. Sure he looks okay against a team like Sunderland, who have a CM combo of Bridcutt and Larsson testing him. But ultimately I'm left hoping for a defensively-capable CM that actually can get something done when we're dominating games like we did big time against Sunderland today.

wrong time and game to judge Lucas. The whole team played with a different mentality, not that I am saying Lucas offers something more going forward but he he was doing his job good. Also I think Allen is a better player to play in such games when we are dominating the midfield, specially when opposition is down to 10 men.

Allen's not a good shout, man, he doesn't contribute much anything in attack, either. He's just an average player through and through, at least Lucas has showcased over the years that in our own half of the pitch he can be more than average.

If instead of Lucas we had a CM/DM like Matic, Schneiderlin, Song, Fernandinho or even Ki, I think overall we would perform better than with Lucas.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next