Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 40 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 pm

https://twitter.com/IsMiseShane/status/1082380788321132544

Origi's terrific equaliser only resulted in this response by a usually excitable Kloppo.

No, that is not a serene smile, it is mere appreciation for a solid goal but neutrality to the outcome.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 40 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Doc Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Yeah, I have no doubt that the higher ups at Liverpool does not see the FA Cup as a priority and has instructed Klopp to focus more on more important ventures.

Remember, Klopp gets his orders from the owners and directors at the club, not the fans.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Origi still plays for Liverpool???
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:48 pm

Top Club fans are deluded nowadays thinking they should have and do have so much say in how the club runs itself, players and its future vision.

LFC fans a prime example and in general fans of these sorts EXPECT this and that and want their voice heard but in truth the ones who run the clubs know far far better and are not obligated to listen directly to spectators unless its the choice of condiments on a meal near the family box of the stadium.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Not surprised at all Arsenal fans preaching about FA Cup and what not. I mean I can totally understand the mentality around the club after Wenger and now under Emery Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:47 pm

Liverpool fans have forgot what winning a trophy means so I’m not surprised either. Many Tottenham fans also share the same feelings and they haven’t won in a long time either.

Both sets of fans will celebrate another year of winning the „pushed for the title trophy” when the season ends Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:00 pm

I apologise, you kept on winning the top 4 trophy year after year and so many glorious FA Cups Laughing
And thanks to all those trophies that you are in amazing situation right now as a club !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 pm

Helmer wrote:I apologise, you kept on winning the top 4 trophy year after year and so many glorious FA Cups Laughing
And thanks to all those trophies that you are in amazing situation right now as a club !

I for one enjoyed the FA Cup wins so much, hadn’t had that feeling since 2006. I was gutted when Wenger played a weak team last year and got us eliminated early. Hopefully we win it this year though!

I’m sure Liverpools time will come eventually to win a trophy and you’ll see for yourself. I know because I had forgotten myself for a long time.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:13 pm

You know, I think I get why everyone (according to Mole, sort of) was pretty much cheering for City to win over the weekend. Pool fans are quite...something. Kinda love it but kinda wondering where this is coming from.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:34 am

Doc wrote:You know, I think I get why everyone (according to Mole, sort of) was pretty much cheering for City to win over the weekend. Pool fans are quite...something. Kinda love it but kinda wondering where this is coming from.

It's documented over 10 years that I've been part of the forum I've always bigged up domestic trophies and was disgusted when we were eliminated. I always said I prefer winning FA/League cup than a top 4 place. I still do! but THE TITLE AFTER 3 DECADES? HAHAHAHA, Give me a corner in the league if it helps out title chances over the FA Cup.

But this year, as you know it, is a once in a life time opportunity. We played 11 matches in the last 40 days. Now, in the next 33 days, we'll only have FIVE matches, whereas City and Spurs will play EIGHT matches in the same time period.

We need every single bit of help that we can get to win the title. I'd gladly take even getting analed by Bayern, if it meant we'd get 2 more league wins, than going on deep CL run.

This year is all about the league. Last season when we were knocked out of FA Cup, we went to a warm weather camp in Spain for 10 days, refreshed and then went on to our best form of the season, starting from Trashing Porto 0-5 in Portugal to dismantling Roma in CL semi.

Also, it's so hilarious to see all the butthurt, jealous other PL teams already assuming we have ZERO chance of winning the title. Let them have their moment now with City's narrow win last week, let them share the joy with the sheikh, but facts are facts:

- we are still FOUR points clear at the top
- Pep's teams usually gather most of their total tally in first half of the season, Klopp's second
- We have much more rest and recovery time compared to our rivals
- Our fixtures til end of the season are kindest of all other 2 rivals. only OT away and Home to Spurs/Chelsea remained from tough (on paper) matches
- If push comes to shove, you can bet City will end up prioritizing CL this year if they had to pick a tournament...this is the desired fruit for Pep

So yea...all of the Arsenal/MU/Spurs/Chelsea fans who are laughing and saying we are getting knocked out of the cup just to chase a trophy we'll never win....Please do put your money where your mouth is. Either have SKIN IN THE GAME or gtfo !

I do understand the thought process of Arsenal fans though and I think I know why they don't get why we think the way we do for this given situation. At least during our disgusting trophy drought, we've been involved in some truly high stake moments like genuine title challenges, European finals and yes we have failed at the last hurdle, but we've experienced that rush of emotions, aderneline, the JOURNEY. For them however, it's been a steady 6/10 or at best 7/10 seasons for almost 15 years. The fact that we've come close so so so so much in the last few years and failed, has made me so much more appreciative of the little details that can swing the title or define success. That's why if an FA Exit means, more rest, fewer injuries, and better preparations for the league assault, it's easily worth it to us. THIS IS THE TIME, WE HAVE TO GET OVER THE LINE.

Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:19 am

Zagadka wrote:
Doc wrote:You know, I think I get why everyone (according to Mole, sort of) was pretty much cheering for City to win over the weekend. Pool fans are quite...something. Kinda love it but kinda wondering where this is coming from.

It's documented over 10 years that I've been part of the forum I've always bigged up domestic trophies and was disgusted when we were eliminated. I always said I prefer winning FA/League cup than a top 4 place. I still do! but THE TITLE AFTER 3 DECADES? HAHAHAHA, Give me a corner in the league if it helps out title chances over the FA Cup.

But this year, as you know it, is a once in a life time opportunity. We played 11 matches in the last 40 days. Now, in the next 33 days, we'll only have FIVE matches, whereas City and Spurs will play EIGHT matches in the same time period.

We need every single bit of help that we can get to win the title. I'd gladly take even getting analed by Bayern, if it meant we'd get 2 more league wins, than going on deep CL run.

This year is all about the league. Last season when we were knocked out of FA Cup, we went to a warm weather camp in Spain for 10 days, refreshed and then went on to our best form of the season, starting from Trashing Porto 0-5 in Portugal to dismantling Roma in CL semi.

Also, it's so hilarious to see all the butthurt, jealous other PL teams already assuming we have ZERO chance of winning the title. Let them have their moment now with City's narrow win last week, let them share the joy with the sheikh, but facts are facts:

- we are still FOUR points clear at the top
- Pep's teams usually gather most of their total tally in first half of the season, Klopp's second
- We have much more rest and recovery time compared to our rivals
- Our fixtures til end of the season are kindest of all other 2 rivals. only OT away and Home to Spurs/Chelsea remained from tough (on paper) matches
- If push comes to shove, you can bet City will end up prioritizing CL this year if they had to pick a tournament...this is the desired fruit for Pep

So yea...all of the Arsenal/MU/Spurs/Chelsea fans who are laughing and saying we are getting knocked out of the cup just to chase a trophy we'll never win....Please do put your money where your mouth is. Either have SKIN IN THE GAME or gtfo !

I do understand the thought process of Arsenal fans though and I think I know why they don't get why we think the way we do for this given situation. At least during our disgusting trophy drought, we've been involved in some truly high stake moments like genuine title challenges, European finals and yes we have failed at the last hurdle, but we've experienced that rush of emotions, aderneline, the JOURNEY. For them however, it's been a steady 6/10 or at best 7/10 seasons for almost 15 years. The fact that we've come close so so so so much in the last few years and failed, has made me so much more appreciative of the little details that can swing the title or define success. That's why if an FA Exit means, more rest, fewer injuries, and better preparations for the league assault, it's easily worth it to us. THIS IS THE TIME, WE HAVE TO GET OVER THE LINE.

Arsenal also got into title challenges during our drought lol, 07/08, 10/11, 13/14 so your theory is wrong. I still prefer our FA Cup wins compared to those runs.

Btw I‘m not saying Liverpool have no chance at winning the PL, I‘m saying that throwing away the FA Cup doesn‘t give you any advantage, even less than going out of the CL (which has midweek games). Which is why City played a lot of first teamers even against a rubbish team.

I‘ll ultimately root for Liverpool against UAE club for sure (and especially because of Klopp) but Liverpool fans arrogance makes it really really hard which it really shouldn‘t be considering the opposition.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:59 am

Cup competitions are all about luck. Luck of the draw, luck of when the fixture is scheduled in relation to other games, and luck on the day seeing you through a one-off game. Going out of one really isn't that big of a deal, because it's not a reflection of how good your team is. That's why winning these trophies ultimately don't mean that much.

During a season where Liverpool are top of the PL and have their best chance since 13/14 to win the whole thing, I can totally understand why going out to Wolves isn't that much of a disappointment. It wasn't even that bad of a defeat. Losing 2-1 to a solid mid-table team while playing three teenagers and some fringe players, days after a physical match against City, is acceptable. Liverpool were unfortunate, insofar as all the other top sides drew lower league opposition while they were away to a good PL team.

Having said that, I don't think an exit at this stage is as ideal as being made out, either. Yes, you get the weekends of the 4th and 5th rounds off, which gives you a chance to rest players, but what happens to those fixtures you don't play? They get slapped into a mid-week block in April or May. Meaning the end of the season schedule is going to be packed, no matter what. Even more so if you make a deep run in Europe as well. And going two, perhaps even three depending on how the fixtures fall, weekends without a game can be disruptive to a team's rhythm. Momentum is the most important thing for the second half of the season and sometimes beating a good team in the cup can help with that.

Logically, of course you wouldn't sacrifice a bigger success for a smaller success. The league has to be the priority. At the same time, nobody can turn their noses up at a trophy on the basis that it doesn't make your team "winners". It never did. If you haven't got the quality to win a big prize, then you're not going to win it, regardless of how many other trophies you win in the meantime.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:29 am

klopp in the FA cup has lost to wolves west brom west ham and wolves only this season can people point out a title challange so putting out weak teams and getting knocked out of cups has been a problem with klopp since day one.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:31 am

also what the fuck is all this talk about we might not get another chance to win the title. we have spent big money and if klopp and the players are good enough to win the title this season then they should be good enough to challange again over the next 5-6 years.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Wtf is he talking about man Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Squad, manager starting to unravel
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:23 am

He's talking about how we had 8 first team players injured and can't put in good replacements compared to Chelsea and Spurs who have good first 11s and a strong bench relatively for this week's cup games

It's just valid for one game week because of the injuries but if you want to force yourself to hate him you can.

But it isn't hard to see Liverpool has a much much worse squad than both Chelsea and Spurs. Hell more than half you don't even rate the current 11 that has managed to sit on the top of table.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:54 pm

He needs to start winning things instead of bottling away the big chances or he will be out the door having a record no better then Rodgers.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:06 pm

Unique wrote:He needs to start winning things instead of bottling away the big chances or he will be out the door having a record no better then Rodgers.

Not much to disagree if we look at the smaller picture here.

Bigger picture hell naaawww
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:25 pm

Have to start wondering if Liverpool would even be ahead with VAR. No goal today, no penalties from Salah's many dives, etc. Similar argument might be made about City but I can't recall them scraping points by as many mistakes this season. Do Pool even deserve to be 1st?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Have to start wondering if Liverpool would even be ahead with VAR. No goal today, no penalties from Salah's many dives, etc. Similar argument might be made about City but I can't recall them scraping points by as many mistakes this season. Do Pool even deserve to be 1st?
no. Liverpool are the only team in the history of football that are top of the lge and don’t deserve it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:11 am

I mean, they've still dominated many games. I think they still deserve to be at the top.

By the way, don't forget that Son was tripped in the box against Liverpool earlier on in the season. If Spurs convert, the game ends 2-2 and that's another two points dropped.

They've definitely benefited from calls this season. Every top team has though.

I think they deserve it but if I were to recall fortunate calls this season, more Pool highlights pop to mind than any other team.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:29 am

It’s funny how people remember the good calls Liverpool have had but nobody remembers the Leicester game less than a week ago where the man who made it 1-1 should have been sent off before the goal and Liverpool should have had a blatant penalty. Liverpool deserve to be top the league never lies remember but city will go on to win the title because Liverpool are bottle jobs. It’s crazy how scrub teams like Leicester with players like Danny drinkwater can hold their nerve and win the title but Liverpool’s team full of internationals can’t.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:11 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:55 pm

How odd to see Pelle growing a spine after so many years
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:46 pm

OK here's an honest question: if Klopp/Liverpool is a choker, then what are we (fans)??? If being on the top of the table makes you dread about impending doom, you/we don't have the mentality to win anything. Just as much like the manager and players, the fans need to have a winning mentality.

Klopp isn't without issues and the two that are bugging him most at the moment are not signing a CB/RB in January and not rotating the front-three.

But he has done a good job and can actually finish it.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next