Tyler 'The Gentle Giant' Blackett

4 posters

Go down

Tyler 'The Gentle Giant' Blackett Empty Tyler 'The Gentle Giant' Blackett

Post by Glory Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:23 pm

We dont have a thread for him I think. And its time we start one. Smile

“My whole childhood revolved around the game and I always wanted to play professionally,”. “I never had a back-up plan for what I might do if things didn’t work out at United. It was always about playing football for me and I was determined to make it happen. It was basically football or nothing, which might have been risky but that was how I saw it. Thankfully, it seems to be working out for me.”

When you see the club spending money in the transfer window, some players might look at that and think they won’t get their chance to impress but I’ve never felt like that. This club always give young players a chance and I’m hoping to take advantage of that.”

“My family have always been really supportive of me and my friends have also been delighted to see me play for the first team," he said. "They just want me to keep doing well for myself, which is what I am trying to do. Hopefully, I can make everyone proud.”

Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Tyler 'The Gentle Giant' Blackett Empty Re: Tyler 'The Gentle Giant' Blackett

Post by Busby Babe Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Wilson, Adnan, Blackett, McNair, Pereira and Lingard all apart of the first team, is quite exciting. Not all of them will be hit, but even if half of them make it here, that would be really good.

Anyway had a good cameo vs Everton. Awesome block.

Spoiler:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:28 pm

this boy has what it takes to be a very good player.

Just 6 games or so at this level and already his composure, bravery, and work rate are up there high. Has an excellent long ball up his sleeve as well. Seems he reads the game well.

already looking better than evans and smalling.

Also contrary to smalling and jones who look awful when played as full backs especially smalling, blackett is pretty damn impressive when he plays LB Thumbs up

I am not overhyping. The thing is I am pretty excited about this kid.. But yea Lets lay low. . Let him grow in the shadows. Gradually let the world take notice. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:35 pm

yea McNair too looks composed and cool eventhough its early to say. Looks promising for sure.

Periera I want to see him get minutes. But our attacking youth are lesser fortunate in that regard compared to defensive ones courtesy the world-class talent we have at our disposal in offense. Even Wilson, he too will have to wait.
where as the blessing in disguise is clearly for these lads, blackett and co. Opportunity to impress and leave a mark. Smile

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:02 pm

I just wrote a long analysis of him and why he has impressed me, only for my damn net to cut out and for this forum to log me out, wiping all that effort I made away.smh :facepalm: cba to type it all again so I'll just say the lad has impressed me. Looks composed on the ball and has the ceiling to get better.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:45 pm

RED wrote:I just wrote a long analysis of him and why he has impressed me, only for my damn net to cut out and for this forum to log me out, wiping all that effort I made away.smh :facepalm: cba to type it all again so I'll just say the lad has impressed me. Looks composed on the ball and has the ceiling to get better.

been there, seen that. drinking actually quite a lot of times. My net snaps pretty consistently as well. So these days I just type in the wordpad and copy-paste after its finished.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Tyler Blackett to be rewarded with new £50,000-a-week Manchester United contract

-Red Devils starlet Tyler Blackett is expected to be handed a hefty pay rise
-Blackett has impressed new Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal
-The 20-year-old currently earns £2,000 a week at Old Trafford
-Wayne Rooney and Angel di Maria earn three times more per week than Blackett does in a year
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2787212/Tyler-Blackett-rewarded-new-50-000-week-Manchester-United-contract.html
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:49 am

50k P/W?

That is insane!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:26 am

Yeah, it seems a lot. They're normally wrong when it comes to wage figures but right we're offering a new contract at all. I think closer to the announcement we'll get a better understanding, but you never really get a proper figure with wages like you do with transfer fees.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:23 pm

it may not be true.

how many years he have left in his contract ?? If its close to being expired or something, its somewhat likely. Even then 50k is outrageous.

Assuming its true I think that pogba debacle is still tormenting our board and hence we are dishing out fat paychecks for youngsters showing promise to avoid that scenario being repeated. Rolling Eyes

12-15k is ideal for the lad right now with a clause to increase it further if and when he performs consistently at this level for a set period of time.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:13 pm

Januzaj earns £30k p/w according to the Telegraph. His agent said he's the best paid teenager in the world so I think it might be more. Anyway, Blackett won't be earning more than Januzaj.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10390584/Adnan-Januzaj-signs-a-five-year-contract-with-Manchester-United.html
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:30 am

I don't want to be too harsh on the young lad but eff me he produced a heart attack inducing performance today. Positionally all over the place, and didnt look assured whenever he was faced in one on ones, or when he had posession of the ball.

tbf to him, he did put in some clearances towards the last 15 mins, and did work hard. But he does not look good enough atm, perhaps he is still feeling the after effects of that red card v Leicester? Knocked his confidence because he was decent at the start of the season up until that match.

Anyone else notice that suicide pass/square-ball he made in the 2nd half that thankfully Smalling blocked? It was heading straight towards Sanchez(i think?) for a tap in had it been successful.

I feel also that it was poor misjudgement from LVG to throw him in a game this big in a formation our backline struggle in, also paired with a another teen and a player not know for his organisation skills. Kinda chucked him in the deep end there.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:47 am

Yeah, I saw that, thank goodness Smalling was in the way. The thing about him is he's meant to be great on the ball, today he was terrible. I'm starting to think he's not good enough. It's not knee jerk I've been watching him for the reserves, and the other reserve CBs have been doing better than him, they must feel hard done by if he's getting games ahead of them. I really don't like saying that because he's from Manchester and a boyhood fan. I hope this is just a bad patch of form.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:30 am

yea he was such a disappointment yesterday.  He was way tooooooo casual. It didnt occur to me that he was playing a senior level match. He took lot of time over the ball and that allowed their quickies to get at him which in turn forced him to spray the ball aimlessly often losing possession and giving them a free go at de gea. Happened quite a lot pale

Has to step up or else in no time he will be pushed to the periphery especially if we buy someone in the window. His fellow being McNair is light years ahead him right now its like in terms of both technical as well as mental attributes. So the lad has to really wake up and be serious from hereon.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down