Isaac Hayden

+4
MJ
EL Patron
RealGunner
Sri
8 posters

Go down

Will Hayden be another addition to our British core?

Isaac Hayden Vote_lcap75%Isaac Hayden Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Isaac Hayden Vote_lcap25%Isaac Hayden Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Isaac Hayden Empty Isaac Hayden

Post by Sri Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:46 pm

I'll keep it simple. Do you think he'll make it in the coming years at Arsenal?

I like what I have seen of him in the U21 game and the League Cup - think he could. Also seems a good kid. Here's the .com post-match:

“Despite the result, it was obviously fantastic to play at the Emirates,” he told Arsenal Player. “It's the first time I've played in front of a home crowd which was good. I've been on the bench a few times so it was good to finally get on the pitch.

“It's a great starter, a great first taste and you want more of it. That's the aim, you want to be playing at the highest level of professional football that you can.

“It was a good learning experience for me tonight, playing against Graziano Pelle who's a very good forward. It's good for me and Calum, both being 19, to learn against such good quality opposition. Graziano’s a big strong guy but I did my best, that's all I can do. Give 100 per cent each time I play for Arsenal.”

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Isaac Hayden Empty Re: Isaac Hayden

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:31 pm

I liked his performance yesterday. I thought he played better than Chambers. However I am worried about his physique. If I want to imagine Hayden Vs Costa, then I can't think of him making out of the game with dignity. But he is 19 and supposedly over 6ft(would have thought he was 5'10/5'11) so he can improve that and get stronger.

I want him to make it. He has the defensive mindset and has improved his technique over the years. But I don't know. I think a loan move would be good for him for now.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:55 pm

I don't know about the physique RG.. He's definitely got much more of it than Miquel, for example.. And we have seen these 19 yos bulk up over the summer after their first couple of seasons - it happened with Jack and Ox..

I would love to see him and Chambers at the heart of our defence in a 2-3 years and gradually replacing Per and Laurent.. We know AW won't spend on defensive players and then one has to be hopeful of the youth making it through.. Gibbs did, Dench and Miquel didn't.. Coq seems to have a bite at the cherry again this season surprisingly..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:57 pm

I thought of doing a profile, but then it seemed much too premature.. I think MJ did some youth player profiles a couple of seasons back and then none of that bunch made it - so don't want to jinx that either Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:08 pm

The next Bartley hmm

Although he did well yesterday, I can't see him making the grade here. I think it will be a case of being good but not good enough. Arsene will probably sign another centre half in a season or two.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:46 pm

srigooner wrote:I thought of doing a profile, but then it seemed much too premature.. I think MJ did some youth player profiles a couple of seasons back and then none of that bunch made it - so don't want to jinx that either Razz

I did transfer target profiles.

You want Ali for the youth profile scapegoating :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:36 pm

if Bartley and Miguel ( who seen plenty of game time) couldn't make it, I don't have high hope for Hayden. It's not a fun time to be young CB at Arsenal, fans screaming for world class and experience, also the fact that Wengers put that much money to buy youngster like Chambers kinda means " well none of you lads are ready ( what I mean is good enough) for 1st team"
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:39 pm

There's still one place left for 4th CB if Chambers continues to impress. Can't predict if he'll make it or not, it depends on other factors aswell as himself but if he's good enough Wenger will use him without a doubt.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:13 am

Not at all going off of one performance but I've been much more pleased with Hayden than Bartley, Miquel or any other recent young CB we've had.

He could still not make it as is the case with a billion youngsters who are good but just not Arsenal-level good but I think he's got a great opportunity to get more minutes this season. Especially if we don't sign defensive cover.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:54 am

MJ wrote:Not at all going off of one performance but I've been much more pleased with Hayden than Bartley, Miquel or any other recent young CB we've had.

He could still not make it as is the case with a billion youngsters who are good but just not Arsenal-level good but I think he's got a great opportunity to get more minutes this season. Especially if we don't sign defensive cover.

This.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:08 am

After Alexis, Hayden was perhaps our best performer on the night. Looks like he could be a handy 4th choice CB, until January at least. And he's homegrown.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Since he's Essex-born and a former Southend player, I really, really want him to make it at Arsenal. Home county/local club pride and all that.

He's not harmed his cause any with his first team performances. Being able to play defensive midfield may help him get more chances in the future, too.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down