halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
S
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bayern Munich show how its done Empty Bayern Munich show how its done

Post by S Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:35 pm

In the age of insane transfer market inflation where the likes of Madrid,Barca and oil teams/epl clubs have splashed obscene amount of cash on players well over their worth,here we have Bayern who have assembled treble winning sides making value for money transfers.Seriously almost every transfer from the past few years with the exception of perhaps Martinez,have been brought for reasonable prices.Worse yet,they could sign Reus next year for a paltry 25m lol.I think they've set a superb example in terms of the transfer market,they've truly shown how it should be done.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich show how its done Empty Re: Bayern Munich show how its done

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:38 pm

And Martinez could not have possibly been brought in for less... Bilbao...

But it's not like 30m is not a lot of money.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:44 pm

I credit Bayern for only think about the sporting side of things. Unfortunately we have a president who treats our team like an advertisement. I am sure that's what Barca had in mind when they bought Neymar

While Bayern buy for little they sell for the same and not many bayern fans are happy about that
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:49 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I credit Bayern for only think about the sporting side of things. Unfortunately we have a president who treats our team like an advertisement. I am sure that's what Barca had in mind when they bought Neymar

While Bayern buy for little they sell for the same and not many bayern fans are happy about that

I don't know. For what it's worth we still have a surplus of 10m this summer.
Kroos would've left on a free next year.

We sold Mandzukic for a good profit. And as with Gomez, or Toni, I kind of like it that we don't impede the future of players
who have a contract and have done great service to us but are no longer first choice for reasons not of their fault, by playing too much hardball over transfer fees.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:50 pm

It's easy to spend wisely in the transfer market when you can Monopolize an entire League and it also happens to coincide with a boom in high quality German talent.

Picking apart a fellow rivals and killing any emerging competition is nothing to be braggadocios about.

Last edited by Gil on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:51 pm

that being said, I'm still a little stunned why clubs are so stupid to pay fees like 50m and 75m for players like Özil and di Maria who obviously have become surplus to requirement at Real.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Gil wrote:It's easy to spend wisely in the transfer market when you can Monopolize an entire League which also happens to coincide with a boom in high quality German talent.

Picking apart a fellow rivals and killing any emerging competition is nothing to be braggadocios about.

What would you say about Benatia ? Wasnt a central defender a big requirement for top clubs across Europe ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:00 pm

happless hans wrote:I don't know. For what it's worth we still have a surplus of 10m this summer.
You have only bought Benatia if I am not mistaken and 30mill for a defender is what Barca/Real paid for 20 something year old Alves and Ramos not a 27 year old. Not saying it's bad but just because we splash huge on marketable players does not mean we have no sense when it comes to transfers

Didn't you guys force(literally) Ballack to sign a contract extension so that he wouldn't go for free?

We sold Mandzukic for a good profit. And as with Gomez, or Toni, I kind of like it that we don't impede the future of players who have a contract and have done great service to us but are no longer first choice for reasons not of their fault, by playing too much hardball over transfer fees.

If they have done great service for you, you deseve to be paid accordingly, your club isn't a charity and you pay them to give you great services to start with

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:04 pm

S wrote:
Gil wrote:It's easy to spend wisely in the transfer market when you can Monopolize an entire League which also happens to coincide with a boom in high quality German talent.

What would you say about Benatia ? Wasnt a central defender a big requirement for top clubs across Europe ?

Not really. I would say the only clubs that could afford to spend that amount of money on a CB that Benatia would be interested in are; Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, PSG, Liverpool, Arsenal, Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Chelsea, Madrid and Arsenal have no real need for him at this point in time. Man City, PSG, Liverpool wrapped up deals for Luiz, Mangala and Lovren before he was made available while Barcelona rushed to get theirs done because of a transfer embargo.

By the time it emerged he was available the only real competition left was United and apparently he rejected them.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:04 pm

happless hans wrote:that being said, I'm still a little stunned why clubs are so stupid to pay fees like 50m and 75m for players like Özil and di Maria who obviously have become surplus to requirement at Real.

Sometimes players want to leave on their own accord, not because they are surplus to requirements. Ozil left because he doesn't like competition and DiMaria left because we didn't give him the wages he wanted. Both were excellent for us and as such we deserve to get as much as possible for them. Long gone are the days of garage sales where teams can buy our best players for 25 million lol while teams make us pay through our noses for their players
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
happless hans wrote:that being said, I'm still a little stunned why clubs are so stupid to pay fees like 50m and 75m for players like Özil and di Maria who obviously have become surplus to requirement at Real.

Sometimes players want to leave on their own accord, not because they are surplus to requirements. Ozil left because he doesn't like competition and DiMaria left because we didn't give him the wages he wanted. Both were excellent for us and as such we deserve to get as much as possible for them. Long gone are the days of garage sales where teams can buy our best players for 25 million lol while teams make us pay through our noses for their players

We are at the moment witnessing the best Robben of all time Proud

I'm just a little surprised and jealous about how you have learned to not only pay silly money but extract it as well hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:12 pm

happless hans wrote:We are at the moment witnessing the best Robben of all time Proud

I'm just a little surprised and jealous about how you have learned to not only pay silly money but extract it as well

He was the one I had in mind when I wrote it. I can't believe we let him go for so little and his move to Bayern started their dominance as well :facepalm:

I think after some of our 'too expensive' buys Perez kind of had enough and slapped price tags on our leaving players, either you met them or we kept our players case in point Higuain, Perez put a 40mill price tag on him, Juve and Arsenal tried to get him for 20mill and Perez refused to sell him to them, the perez of old would have offered to lend out a private plane for the transport lol

I think Bayern will become the same soon
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:27 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
happless hans wrote:I don't know. For what it's worth we still have a surplus of 10m this summer.
You have only bought Benatia if I am not mistaken and 30mill for a defender is what Barca/Real paid for 20 something year old Alves and Ramos not a 27 year old. Not saying it's bad but just because we splash huge on marketable players does not mean we have no sense when it comes to transfers

Didn't you guys force(literally) Ballack to sign a contract extension so that he wouldn't go for free?

We sold Mandzukic for a good profit. And as with Gomez, or Toni, I kind of like it that we don't impede the future of players who have a contract and have done great service to us but are no longer first choice for reasons not of their fault, by playing too much hardball over transfer fees.

If they have done great service for you, you deseve to be paid accordingly, your club isn't a charity and you pay them to give you great services to start with

We've bought Bernat for 10m, Reina for 3m, and now Benatia for 30m. Then we signed Lewa and Rode on frees.
We sold Kroos for 30m and Mandzukic for 22m.

Ballack refused to extend and then left on a free.
For me, I don't care so much about the money (I'm a fan, not an accountant after all).
But I'm generally quite content we are not in the same level of transfer madness, both ingoing and outgoing, as other clubs.

With Kroos, getting 5, 10, or 20m more for him wouldn't have made it better.
What hurts me is not getting too little money for him, but not getting him to extend.
With Mandzukic, I think it is a good transfer for all sides. We sold him for more than we signed him, and he can join a club that suits him.
Gomez was a slightly different case, as we had overpayed for him and got ridiculously little for him compared to that, but it was his wish to go to Florence, they could not pay more. Sure we could've insisted etc but what's the use. He deserves to play and deserves to be treated with respect and gratitude for how he behaved. Had to spend a lot of time on the bench for us and repayed it with a incredible goal per minute ratio and no fuzz.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:that being said, I'm still a little stunned why clubs are so stupid to pay fees like 50m and 75m for players like Özil and di Maria who obviously have become surplus to requirement at Real.

Why wouldn't we pay that much for the best CAM in the world?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Wasn't Benatia €30m? That's not really a bargain imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:that being said, I'm still a little stunned why clubs are so stupid to pay fees like 50m and 75m for players like Özil and di Maria who obviously have become surplus to requirement at Real.

Why wouldn't we pay that much for the best CAM in the world?

I'm not saying you shouldn't have bought him, I'm just amazed at how good business it was by Real.
They payed 18m for him lol and sold him for 50, while it was obvious he was surplus to requirement and no other top club wanted him.
I mean Moysie rejected him lol, just makes you wonder if there wasn't a better negotiating position for Arsenal than that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:55 pm

The circumstances are different, Bayern has zero competition so they can afford to broker these types of deals.

Not to mention they are multi time German and European champions with a great manager and players so they don't necessarily have to pay over the odds like say Yanited do.

In England it's different, with City and Chelsea's wealthy owners splashing like there is no tomorrow the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal are forced to spend just merely to compete.

Man Yoo are under pressure in different ways, because they have a massive fanbase who expect nothing but silverware they need to overspend to get back to what they were under Ferguson.

In Spain, Madrid and Barca compete against it each other and consistently trying one up each other. Sometimes to the detriment of each other but the nonetheless the pressure to out do each other is there.

Bayern have at least recently never felt such pressure so it's to complete deals like this knowing even if they don't they will win the league anyway. The only time they have felt anything close to this type of pressure they spent 40m on a DM and then a further 40m on their nearest rivals best player.

The circumstances between Bayern and the other clubs in question are just not comparable.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:02 pm

yes ok, but the player market is international, and you can't deny Benatia was reportedly a much sought after player.
So I don't see how your Bundesliga argument plays in here. We were not competing with Dortmund or Leverkusen for Benatia afaik.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:yes ok, but the player market is international, and you can't deny Benatia was reportedly a much sought after player.
So I don't see how your Bundesliga argument plays in here. We were not competing with Dortmund or Leverkusen for Benatia afaik.

Not talking about this deal in general as it's clearly a great deal, just that Bayern can afford to bide their time and negotiate such a deal because of the situation.

It's more a response to the whole angle surag is going for rather than a response to the deal itself.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:yes ok, but the player market is international, and you can't deny Benatia was reportedly a much sought after player.

Not talking about this deal in general as it's clearly a great deal, just that Bayern can afford to bide their time and negotiate such a deal because of the situation.

It's more a response to the whole angle surag is going for rather than a response to the deal itself.

Yes, I agree on that. You can't just put us as a model for other top clubs in other leagues.
You only have to look at how much TV  money the Premier league generates to get a sense why the transfer market is much more heated there.
West Ham buying players for 25m lol, bar Bayern and Dortmund no Bundesliga club could stem that.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Except that they sold Kroos for 30 mil euros and they could have easily gotten 45+.... probably 50.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:17 pm

easily, sure. Why didn't they use us as negotiators :facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Kroos was in his last year no way they could've got more for him. So far he has been worth every penny Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:29 pm

The last year of contract argument doesn't work if a) the selling team doesn't need money so won't panic into selling cheap and b) there are multiple suitors.  We lucked out that Netherlands went far in the WC and Van Gaal didn't arrive sooner...  by the time Man U got its mercato going, we had already signed Kroos. There would have been competitive bids otherwise imo.

I think Bayern just wanted to move on quickly and they don't need the money anyhow.  Not out to maximize the Kroos sales price and drag out the process as a result (like we did with Di Maria).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:08 am

But Kroos rejected United before signing for Madrid.

It's not like United are competition for Real when a player's will is concerned, and you can't force a player to move to a club just because they're willing to pay you more transfer fee.

The last part I agree. We wanted a decision either way.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: