Mr Nick09
DeletedUser#1
Helmer
Robespierre
RealGunner
70 posters

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.VII - Page 17 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.VII

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:50 am

Similar to Liverpool signing Origi, both clubs should be focusing on what they need right now. Future signings should be last on the list imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.VII - Page 17 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.VII

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:52 am

Lovren will sign a 4 year contract, £60k a week, according to Sky Italia.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:02 am

Dat wage structure Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:07 am

Eto'o has offers from Juventus, QPR and West Ham, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:08 am

Initial fee 16m, 60k/week. Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:13 am

Art Morte wrote:Sportsczy might be right about Remy and he seems to be somewhat informed about the situation and his history. But will I be completely wrong if I speculate that Remy is now older than in his France times and the possible condition with his heart could be riskier? Especially since the deal was to offer him a five-year contract.

I have no problem with passing on him due to this problem.  BUT, this was a well known condition that the player and his agent reasonably assumed that Liverpool was aware of.  That's very basic due diligence that you do BEFORE offering a player a contract.  The medical exam is only there in case there's something uknown.

To have Remy cut off his other options and then call it off for a KNOWN condition is crap.  It's not professional and i'm sure Remy is furious...  completely screws him over.  It also makes Liverpool look like a pub team.

I hope for Liverpool's sake that there's a different angle to this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 am

You are assuming everything here. No one has a clue why this was called off and everyone is guessing. The club won't release confidential medical info to the press for the players sake and his privacy. I'm sure the club was well aware of the condition if it was so well documented in France as you say. It has nothing to do with you idiotic due diligence argument you're making. It could've been worse than they first thought or the risk was too great after the advice they got from experts, it could even something completely different (dodgy knees etc). We all know what happens when you assume.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 am

Also what is the point of a medical if someone fails them you still go ahead and signed them?

There's a reason why they do medicals and it's not this Sportz

"medical exam is only there in case there's something uknown"

That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:26 am

Remy's camp is FUMING and are going to give an interview on RMC this week... so we'll all know.

Remy doesn't have knee problems. Never had anything even remotely serious wrong withi his knees. He also had a full bill of health for the WC and played. So unless something happened during his vacation, there's nothing there.

Again, i hope there is something unknown that came up. If it didn't, Liverpool are a crap club and there's nothing else that needs to be said...

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:29 am

You don't do a medical to find pre-existing conditions that are known and well-documented...  it's supposed to cover you for something that is unknown and that you're unaware of.  

Again, i hope that there's something uknown really there.  The other options are that Liverpool had a change of heart and pulled a crap move OR they just did an awful job in basic due diligence on a player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:38 am

sportsczy wrote:You don't do a medical to find pre-existing conditions that are known and well-documented...  it's supposed to cover you for something that is unknown and that you're unaware of.  

Again, i hope that there's something uknown really there.  The other options are that Liverpool had a change of heart and pulled a crap move OR they just did an awful job in basic due diligence on a player.

I'm sure we were keen on signing him for the fee in question. I'm disappointed the move didn't happen, but I rather let our medical team do their work than tell them to piss off.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:41 am

If there's nothing new, they should have done their homework prior on tendering a contract... the issue is not that Liverpool didn't want to take the risk based on his pre-existing condition. It's that they didn't do their homework, tendered a contract and the player closed his other options as a result. Completely screwed him over due to a complete lack of professionalism by Liverpool.

This is assuming that there's nothing new... for Liverpool, i hope that there was something new. For Remy, i hope that Liverpool were just being doouchebags.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:51 am

sportsczy wrote:If there's nothing new, they should have done their homework prior on tendering a contract... the issue is not that Liverpool didn't want to take the risk based on his pre-existing condition. It's that they didn't do their homework, tendered a contract and the player closed his other options as a result. Completely screwed him over due to a complete lack of professionalism by Liverpool.

This is assuming that there's nothing new... for Liverpool, i hope that there was something new. For Remy, i hope that Liverpool were just being doouchebags.

How the *bleep* do you know this? You don't. Simple as that. You are just pulling that out of your own ass.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:00 am

I've said it 100 times... for Liverpool's sake, i'm hoping they uncovered something that they couldn't have known previously. Read the second paragraph of my post... i'm assuming nothing new came up. If it did, fair game. If not, Liverpool are crap.

It's not that complicated tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:03 am

Even if nothing new came up, maybe his Remy's heart condition is more serious than it was 5 years ago when Marseille had experts looks at it. He's failed a medical, I don't understand how anyone can sit on their couch and argue this and condemn a club.

You are accusing Liverpool of not doing due diligence something you have absolutely no way of knowing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:05 am

Lovren to Liverpool is official. £20m fee
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:06 am

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.VII - Page 17 2962__6755__lovren1000o_517X310
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am

Don't call me James wrote:Even if nothing new came up, maybe his Remy's heart condition is more serious than it was 5 years ago when Marseille had experts looks at it. He's failed a medical, I don't understand how anyone can sit on their couch and argue this and condemn a club.

You are accusing Liverpool of not doing due diligence something you have absolutely no way of knowing.  
It's a birth defect on the heart.  It's not something that could get worse with playing... which is why the doctors at both Institut Pasteur and Johns Hopkins gave OM the diagnosis that Remy's condition would in no way impede him from playing professional football.  They needed that to take out an insurance policy against his contract.

It's not a degenerative condition.

And yes... i know that because it was very widely covered at the time and i'm a OM fan.  If OM had signed him and Remy had a serious problem, then Remy could sue the crap out of OM.  So they had to be 100% certain AND they had to get insured.

It can't be the same issue.... it has to be something new if in fact it is a new issue.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:24 am

Oh hey time for those yearly Agger to Barcelona rumors Very Happy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/transfernews/article-2707274/Barcelona-weigh-12m-bid-Liverpools-Daniel-Agger-La-Liga-seek-strengthen-defence.html
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 am

Liverpool have Skrtel, Agger, Toure, Sakho and Lovren. Toure won't mind being benched but the others will all want to start. And it's very odd for any club to have 4 1st team CBs.

One will definitely leave. Maybe Skrtel than Agger though?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:51 am

We have Sakho, Lovren, Agger, Skrtel, Kolo, Coates, Ilori, and Kelly all natural CBs. Laughing

Kelly will be used as a RB and Coates is definitely leaving (loan/sell) and most likely one of Agger/Skrtel.

Sadly think it's most likely going to be Agger Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 am

will Barcelona finally buy a natural centerback this season :O
mah gawd.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:54 am

RealGunner wrote:Liverpool have Skrtel, Agger, Toure, Sakho and Lovren. Toure won't mind being benched but the others will all want to start. And it's very odd for any club to have 4 1st team CBs.

One will definitely leave. Maybe Skrtel than Agger though?
bunch of jobbers if you ask me
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:57 am

Robespierre wrote:According Sky , Napoli - Germany axis .. Behrami is close to Hamburg , today he threw his kit and he left the training camp angry :facepalm: , while Kramer ( Bayer Leverkusen) is became the real target for midfield, but Bayer asks 15 mln
Again - there is no way to get Kramer this season as he is loaned out to Borussia M'gladbach and they don't have the slightest intention to let him go before the end of the loan as Max Eberl repeatedly stated.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:00 am

Yeh Liverpool could have gone for better CB's imo. They should have gone for cheaper unknown but solid defensively CB's.

Anyway one of Skrtel/Agger will leave and Ilori out on loan.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:01 am

^ Give me names/examples YM hmm

and yea, Agger/Coates is almost certain to leave with Ilori going on loan.

Lovren sounds like he just got outta jail based on his tweets/instagram....almost looked as happy as Lambert when signing the contract Laughing

We have a pretty handsome spine now. Lovren-Can-Henderson-Sturridge are all chick-magnets Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next