sagnik92
Lex
Art Morte
billy_gr
Mamad
37 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi Empty Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi

Post by Mamad Thu 14 Jul - 9:58:26

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hit out at Barcelona midfielder Xavi, who claimed Cesc Fabregas is "suffering" at the Emirates because he wants to move to Camp Nou.

The Gunners captain has been heavily linked with a return to the Catalan giants this summer, and Xavi said he had been told by his international team-mate that he wanted to rejoin his former club.

The Spain star told Barca's official website: "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering because he wanted to come. It's more like, he did everything he could to come and wants to leave Arsenal - although he made it clear that now everything depends on the selling club."

But Wenger believes Xavi's comments were "disrespectful", telling reporters after his side's first pre-season game in Malaysia: "It is very disrespectful, and it is not the first time that Xavi has been disrespectful to Arsenal Football Club.

"If I found Barcelona in exactly the same position, I believe a mutual respect between the clubs should stop this kind of comment.

"I believe that I cannot comment on every comment. What is important is that Cesc Fabregas is contracted to Arsenal Football Club. That is a fact. Arsenal wants to keep him and all the rest is comment."

Arsenal have been continually frustrated by Barcelona's treatment of the situation, and were left angered last summer when Carles Puyol, as well as Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina, put a Barca shirt on Fabregas after Spain's 2010 World Cup win.

The Gunners have so far rejected two approaches from Barcelona for Fabregas this summer, both under the club's €45 million valuation of the player.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi Empty Re: Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi

Post by billy_gr Thu 14 Jul - 10:07:00

cool...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi Empty Re: Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi

Post by Art Morte Thu 14 Jul - 10:07:39

I found it more interesting that Arsene had said that he's happy to let Nasri leave on a free after next season if he just stays for the season.

Fabregas, just please sell him already, this saga has gotten so boring.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 14 Jul - 10:09:30

I just wish the title was literal
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Thu 14 Jul - 10:25:10

xavi has said it before and so has cesc .they will continue to do so unless cesc is sold.it is disrespectful how hard arsenal are making it for cesc to leave the club.

sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu 14 Jul - 10:25:13

once a village club alw........ Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu 14 Jul - 10:27:03

sagnik92 wrote:xavi has said it before and so has cesc .they will continue to do so unless cesc is sold.it is disrespectful how hard arsenal are making it for cesc to leave the club.

what a logic,so arsenal are disrespectful for having a contract with fabregas? or xavi being totaly pathetic for disrespecting arsena and that clubs ambitions?? pick one.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu 14 Jul - 10:30:21

sagnik92 wrote:xavi has said it before and so has cesc .they will continue to do so unless cesc is sold.it is disrespectful how hard arsenal are making it for cesc to leave the club.

LOL, so arsenal is disrespectful because they got contract with cesc and want price for what he is worth? You guys thinks like your humble xavi. If you really want him pay the price he is worth otherwise shut it.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Thu 14 Jul - 10:34:42

djoe26 wrote:

LOL, so arsenal is disrespectful because they got contract with cesc and want price for what he is worth? You guys thinks like your humble xavi. If you really want him pay the price he is worth otherwise shut it.
Actually, if Barcelona really want him, they should pay much more than his actual value, as Arsenal would view that as adequate compensation for a transfer they did not desire.

Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu 14 Jul - 10:43:24

djoe26 wrote:

Tell that your captain first! The guy has been unloading his feelings on all the Barcelona players since the WC.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu 14 Jul - 10:46:57

That’s true.
I don’t suppose Arsenal fans feel so good about Fabregas as well
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 14 Jul - 10:54:56

Xavi is a joke. Where was this confidence before Guardiola? Nowhere. He should be thanking Guardiola everytime he wakes up, Barcelona plays perfectly for xavi more than any of their other players, All he is good at is tempo control and good vision, what else? The guy is ovverated and it showed with Rijkaards tactics, the guy was good, but Guardiolas tatctics make his whole squad look WC. I have never seen such a one trick pony so celebrated. How people can compare this guy to zidane and scholesd is beyond me, or even Laudrup ffs.

Last edited by jibers on Thu 14 Jul - 11:27:05; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu 14 Jul - 10:58:16

jibers wrote:Xavi is a joke. WHere was this confidence before Guardiola? Nowhere, he should be thanking Guardiola everytime he wakes up, Barcelona plays perfectly for xavi more than any pof their other players, All he is good at is tempo control and good vision, what else? The guy is ovverated and it showed with Rijkaards tactics, the guy was good, bbut Guardiolas tatctics make his whole squad look WC.

Brace yourself, Jibers.

You have declared war.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Margera Thu 14 Jul - 10:59:13

inb4 xavi is humble and respectful Thumbs up
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu 14 Jul - 11:13:51

kiranr wrote:
djoe26 wrote:

Tell that your captain first! The guy has been unloading his feelings on all the Barcelona players since the WC.

how can u be sure that he expressed his feelings? coz he made it clear in an interview that he was happy at arsenal and respected the contract.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu 14 Jul - 11:15:07

didn't he ask Wenger to be let go last year?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Thu 14 Jul - 11:18:19

I'm pretty sure he discussed his future with Wenger last year. The result of the discussion? He plays for another year. Not a plea to leave.

Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 14 Jul - 11:18:57

LOL @ Barcelona's lawyers trying to blame Fabregas

Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi Facepalm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu 14 Jul - 11:19:23

jibers wrote:Xavi is a joke. WHere was this confidence before Guardiola? Nowhere, he should be thanking Guardiola everytime he wakes up, Barcelona plays perfectly for xavi more than any pof their other players, All he is good at is tempo control and good vision, what else? The guy is ovverated and it showed with Rijkaards tactics, the guy was good, bbut Guardiolas tatctics make his whole squad look WC. I have never seen such a one trick pony so celebrated. How people can compare this guy to zidane and scholesd is beyond me, or even Laudrup ffs.
Guys who rate him higher than Zidane, Scholes or Laudrup are obv. barca fans... They always overrate their players and treat them like god ffs.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu 14 Jul - 11:21:53

Lol at Arsenal fans treating Cesc as a saint who is tested by wicked Brca.

By the way I am sick of this situation as well
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 14 Jul - 11:22:48

billy_gr wrote:Lol at Arsenal fans treating Cesc as a saint who is tested by wicked Brca
Care to enlighten me as to what Fabregas has done wrong?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu 14 Jul - 11:27:49

I suppose he didn’t endorse any of Barca’s attempts to get him last year.
I mean meeting with Wenger and reported to ask to leave (despite the fact the teams didn’t reach an agreement).
Being a team’s captain and celebrating wearing the team’s that try to get you shirt.
Stating in every occasion that he wants to return to his boyhood club ect..
Even having to apologize to the fans last year when he decided to stay.

I mean come on, wouldn’t you prefer a “ I don’t wanna leave, cut the crap” statement?
He’s a captain after all
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 14 Jul - 11:31:47

If Barca aren't willing to pay they should frak off, despite all their success they are still in massive amounts of debt. Real payed up with CR7 £80 million cash straight into the bank account, Barca can't afford it so they are beating around the bush, Cesc will stay, he is under contract so has no other option.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 14 Jul - 11:33:37

The xcx wrote:
jibers wrote:Xavi is a joke. WHere was this confidence before Guardiola? Nowhere, he should be thanking Guardiola everytime he wakes up, Barcelona plays perfectly for xavi more than any pof their other players, All he is good at is tempo control and good vision, what else? The guy is ovverated and it showed with Rijkaards tactics, the guy was good, bbut Guardiolas tatctics make his whole squad look WC. I have never seen such a one trick pony so celebrated. How people can compare this guy to zidane and scholesd is beyond me, or even Laudrup ffs.
Guys who rate him higher than Zidane, Scholes or Laudrup are obv. barca fans... They always overrate their players and treat them like god ffs.

even Gudjoonsoon, a former BARCA player said that Busquets is not the best individual pl;ayer but tactically he is good because he knows Barcas system, then you get mugs on here saying that busquets is the best DM in the world. I don't understand them reallly
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu 14 Jul - 11:35:23

"I think Cesc has always been torn between his love for Arsenal, that I feel is really genuine, and, as well - and what you can understand -the desire to play for the biggest team in the world. I think both exist in his head.

"I am confident, because I hope he will see that there will be no greater achievement for him in his life than to lead this team to success and that it will not be the right period for him to leave."

These are Wenger's comments. It suggests Cesc has already told him he wants a move to Barcelona but respects Arsenal's wishes.

What these comments also suggest is that Fabregas has not kept his desire to play for Barcelona soon a secret amongst his friends.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next