sagnik92
Lex
Art Morte
billy_gr
Mamad
37 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:35 am

"I think Cesc has always been torn between his love for Arsenal, that I feel is really genuine, and, as well - and what you can understand -the desire to play for the biggest team in the world. I think both exist in his head.

"I am confident, because I hope he will see that there will be no greater achievement for him in his life than to lead this team to success and that it will not be the right period for him to leave."

These are Wenger's comments. It suggests Cesc has already told him he wants a move to Barcelona but respects Arsenal's wishes.

What these comments also suggest is that Fabregas has not kept his desire to play for Barcelona soon a secret amongst his friends.

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi

Post by Lex Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:37 am

billy_gr wrote:
I suppose he didn’t endorse any of Barca’s attempts to get him last year
no, he didn't

I mean meeting with Wenger and reported to ask to leave (despite the fact the teams didn’t reach an agreement)
Met up with him and discussed his future......hardly the crime of the century

Being a team’s captain and celebrating wearing the team’s that try to get you shirt
I don't remember that. I do remember Reina distracting him while Puyol and Pique snuck upbehind him and threw a Barcelona shirt over his head while he struggled to get free. I swear that's a form of rape...

Stating in every occasion that he wants to return to his boyhood club ect..
eventually

Even having to apologize to the fans last year when he decided to stay
that never happened, please don't make stuff up, you're better than that

billy_gr wrote:I mean come on, wouldn’t you prefer a “ I don’t wanna leave, cut the crap” statement?
He’s a captain after all
He's put the decision in Wengers' hands and since we all know Wenger won't sell at the ridiculous proce Barca are quoting, that's as good as him saying he won't leave
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:47 am

Ok let’s see.

1. all in all he never made his intention to stay clear from the beginning so from my point of view yes he let them continue their (ours) ridiculous campaign.
2. reports were that he talked about a transfer request initially. I don’t live in England but even if he didn’t do it I am certain that must expressed desire to live
3. lol poor little Cesc… he didn’t take it off right away if I remember correctly… anyways….
4. I remember very vividly reports of him apologizing for all this drama after it ended last year. I’m sure you can findd it if you search the net.

All in all, I don’t really care about the case and I do believe Barca’s approach (club’s and players’) is flawed on so many levels.
I just can’t see how you people feel Cesc has not his share in this circus at all.
I know I would be pissed.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:52 am

You are right Billy. Fabregas did make a public apology. Pity some Arsenal fans are ignorant!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 am

billy_gr wrote:Ok let’s see.

1. all in all he never made his intention to stay clear from the beginning so from my point of view yes he let them continue their (ours) ridiculous campaign.

Didn't make his intentions to leave now clear, either. So how do you draw the conclusion that he wants to leave? Because humble Xavi said so? Rolling Eyes

2. reports were that he talked about a transfer request initially. I don’t live in England but even if he didn’t do it I am certain that must expressed desire to live
The paper's will tell you he discussed a sex op change if it helps shift a few more copies of their rags.

3. lol poor little Cesc… he didn’t take it off right away if I remember correctly… anyways….
He has a shirt forced on him and he decides to wear it (with his arms not even through the armholes) while he gives a speech after his team just won the World Cup. That's your conclusive evidence that he wants to leave? Rolling Eyes

4. I remember very vividly reports of him apologizing for all this drama after it ended last year. I’m sure you can findd it if you search the net
I typed in "Fabregas Apologises" and all it comes up with is him apologising for tackles, for Spain's mauling at Portugal's hands and a variety of other subjects, none of which are about what you are talking about.

I just can’t see how you people feel Cesc has not his share in this circus at all
Could have refused to play (Mascherano) could have handed in a transfer request (Alves) he could have been a real c*nt about this whole thing, but has, instead, kept his head down, kept his mouth out of the papers and given his all for the team. What bit of this should i blame him for again?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:10 am

This is like one of those absurd court cases you hear on the news, where a guy rapes a women, then blames her for it because she was wearing alluring clothes

This isn't Barcelona's fault, this is all Fabregas' fault No
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:12 am

jibers wrote:
The xcx wrote:
jibers wrote:Xavi is a joke. WHere was this confidence before Guardiola? Nowhere, he should be thanking Guardiola everytime he wakes up, Barcelona plays perfectly for xavi more than any pof their other players, All he is good at is tempo control and good vision, what else? The guy is ovverated and it showed with Rijkaards tactics, the guy was good, bbut Guardiolas tatctics make his whole squad look WC. I have never seen such a one trick pony so celebrated. How people can compare this guy to zidane and scholesd is beyond me, or even Laudrup ffs.
Guys who rate him higher than Zidane, Scholes or Laudrup are obv. barca fans... They always overrate their players and treat them like god ffs.

even Gudjoonsoon, a former BARCA player said that Busquets is not the best individual pl;ayer but tactically he is good because he knows Barcas system, then you get mugs on here saying that busquets is the best DM in the world. I don't understand them reallly

LOL wow...look at the anger! Stop your ad-hominem...even Gudjoonsoon? LOL..even SIR Fergie..who was knighted, said that Xavi is one of thye top 4 midfielders nowadays, together with your paul scholes, I suppose Jibers > SIR Alex? Are you a lord or a king?

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:14 am

I don't care what Xavi ,or Iniesta or even Wenger says about...it is very important 4me to know the truth 4rom Cesc...of course ,he has right to stay or leave BUT i guess ,he should make that clear now ! imo

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:14 am

I find the way Barcelona has been handling this transfer very disrespectful to Cesc himself too.

All these Barca players with their actions (putting the shirt on him etc.) and words about his alleged "suffering" really hurt his position at Arsenal as a captain. They force him to publicly state his wish to go to Barcelona (indirectly, through Xavi for example, or in the media); he is putting himself out there, expecting that Barcelona will buy him this time.

And then, Barcelona is unwilling to pay his full transfer fee, making a transfer impossible (for everyone that says that ARSENAL is disrespectful for not letting Cesc go --> So, Messi suddenly REALLLLY wants to go to, say, Boca Juniors, they can only offer 20 million; is Barca disrespectful to NOT let him go? wtf man). This has now created a situation in which Cesc' position at Arsenal is REALLLLY tainted: the fans and his fellow players start to hate him for his behaviour, but will still not be able to go to Barca.

Barcelona wants to create such a media hype about it, hoping that Cesc' position at Arsenal becomes impossible; forcing him out for a lower price, I suppose. This, you can do as a first tactic, but they need to accept that they HAVE to follow through with a decent price now. They can't let Cesc hang now.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:21 am

Alleged suffering?

Ok ket us see now. Wenger knows Cesc wants to play for Barcelona. He even said he is fighting to make Cesc and Nasri stay. Common sense indicates both of them want out. Otherwise why would he have to fight?

Sagna comes out saying Fabregas wants to leave.

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3110339/Sagna-Fabregas-wants-to-leave.html

Is he lying too?

Are Wenger, Sagna, Xavi all lying about Fabregas saying he wants to join Barcelona this summer?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:24 am

Did you even read that Sagna article? He says he knows Fabregas wants to go to Barca. How did you get "he wants to leave this summer to go to Barca" from that?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:28 am

Lex wrote:Did you even read that Sagna article? He says he knows Fabregas wants to go to Barca. How did you get "he wants to leave this summer to go to Barca" from that?

Are we doing this now? Going by semantics? It is obvious Sagna is talking about this summer.

Leave that, why is Wenger fighting to keep Cesc and Nasri? Because they are going to leave 5 years later?

Why did Cesc tell Fabregas he is suffering due to the transfer saga! Because he wants to leave 5 years later?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:34 am

SO IF HE IS SUFFERING, AND BARCELONA IS ONLY MAKING IT WORSE BY MAKING HIS POSITION AT ARSENAL IMPOSSIBLE, EFFING OFFER THE TRANSFER FEE.

Fin.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:36 am

kiranr wrote:Are we doing this now? Going by semantics? It is obvious Sagna is talking about this summer
It's only obvious to you (and probably a hanfdul of Barcelona fans) If he was talking about this summer, he would have said "this summer"

kiranr wrote:Leave that, why is Wenger fighting to keep Cesc and Nasri? Because they are going to leave 5 years later?
He meant staving off offers and bids from clubs. If they both really wanted to leave, Wenger wouldn't be able to do anything about it, no matter how hard he fought. Unless you think he's being literal, where he puts on a suit of armour, wields a sword and tries to stop Cesc and Nasri walking out of the door.

kiranr wrote:Why did Cesc tell Fabregas he is suffering due to the transfer saga!
Because this sh!t might just be flat out stressing him out? Anyway, humble Xavi's comments are probably falsified or taken out of context. Because we all know that's what always happens when he talks to the media......
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:38 am

Barca, from the alumni, to the management, to the players... all like to yap incessantly to the media. Complete "nouveau riche" attitude.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 am

Guiltybystander wrote:SO IF HE IS SUFFERING, AND BARCELONA IS ONLY MAKING IT WORSE BY MAKING HIS POSITION AT ARSENAL IMPOSSIBLE, EFFING OFFER THE TRANSFER FEE.

Fin.

True that!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:41 am

Barcelona seem to have this attitude that because they are the best team in the world, they can simply go out and upset who they want.

I find this way of handling transfer matters very disrespectful from Barca and in this case, Xavi in particular.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:49 am

Lex wrote:
kiranr wrote:Are we doing this now? Going by semantics? It is obvious Sagna is talking about this summer
It's only obvious to you (and probably a hanfdul of Barcelona fans) If he was talking about this summer, he would have said "this summer"

kiranr wrote:Leave that, why is Wenger fighting to keep Cesc and Nasri? Because they are going to leave 5 years later?
He meant staving off offers and bids from clubs. If they both really wanted to leave, Wenger wouldn't be able to do anything about it, no matter how hard he fought. Unless you think he's being literal, where he puts on a suit of armour, wields a sword and tries to stop Cesc and Nasri walking out of the door.

kiranr wrote:Why did Cesc tell Fabregas he is suffering due to the transfer saga!
Because this sh!t might just be flat out stressing him out? Anyway, humble Xavi's comments are probably falsified or taken out of context. Because we all know that's what always happens when he talks to the media......

That is what Wenger is doing figuratively. He is trying to convince both Cesc and Nasri to stay at the club. That is what he means by fighting. Why does he have to fight other clubs? He can just ignore them!

Sagna does not have to say this summer. He says that it is true Cesc wants to return to Barcelona. He also talks about Nasri staying at Arsenal as he is happy there. It is obvious from the context here.

It is stressing Cesc out. I am sure about that and mainly because of Barcelona's constant refusal to pay Arsenal valuation. I firmly believe if we do not have the funds, we should tell Cesc that it is not possible to sign him instead of the tactics being applied here.

But to think Cesc is innocent, that is bias. He is trying to be respectful by not trying forcing a move even though he wants to play for Barcelona, but it is just adding salt to the wounds!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:50 am

Lex the key point is he didn’t make his intensions clear.
I don’t doubt the press exaggerates and intentionally makes headlines spicier but they are able to do so because he didn’t shut them. He had the power to do that. The only thing required was a statement.

It’s how a fan sees it. I know how I’d like the captain of my team to react in a case like this.
But I also get tired of our players talk about Csec all the summer and our board stating they want him but still are so reluctant to pay
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:53 am

Another thing is that I do not see how Cesc Fabregas can be suffering, when you consider that he is playing for Arsenal.

The worst parts must be when her returns home to his mansion every night, when he has to collect his massive weekly wage and when he has to play for one of the world's big clubs week in week out.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:20 pm

cheesy wrote:Another thing is that I do not see how Cesc Fabregas can be suffering, when you consider that he is playing for Arsenal.

The worst parts must be when her returns home to his mansion every night, when he has to collect his massive weekly wage and when he has to play for one of the world's big clubs week in week out.

Yeah but he sees a team which he can play for win pretty much everything, everytime he goes to the national team he probs thinks to himself how much he wishes he could be a winner and not play for a team that has done nothing significant with him.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Ade wrote:
cheesy wrote:Another thing is that I do not see how Cesc Fabregas can be suffering, when you consider that he is playing for Arsenal.

Yeah but he sees a team which he can play for win pretty much everything, everytime he goes to the national team he probs thinks to himself how much he wishes he could be a winner and not play for a team that has done nothing significant with him.
The problem in this situation then is that he is very impatient and cannot be bothered to help his current team rise to success.

How boring would football be as a spectacle if every good player moved to the very best team, instead of sticking with their own team and helpin them rise to success.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:28 pm

cheesy wrote:
The problem in this situation then is that he is very impatient and cannot be bothered to help his current team rise to success.

How boring would football be as a spectacle if every good player moved to the very best team, instead of sticking with their own team and helpin them rise to success.

True but this day and age you rarely rarely see that and its a shame the one club mans are becoming a rather rare animal, I think its harder for him because Barca is his home club and with a team and manager with the mentality they got one man can only do so much.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Funny I thought the same thing about arsene wenger when he came and raided la masia for the 500000x time.....

And I feel just as bad when barca does the same, so don't bother bringing it up...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:36 pm

harhar11 wrote:Funny I thought the same thing about arsene wenger when he came and raided la masia for the 500000x time.....

And I feel just as bad when barca does the same, so don't bother bringing it up...
Arsene didn't raid anything. Barcelona were willing to sell Fabregas and Fabregas wanted to go to England and join Arsenal.

Stop making it sound as if Wenger took an illegal approach, or kidnapped Fabregas and forced him to play for Arsenal.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Still he’s a captain there.
He owes more to Arsenal than he owes to Barca as a player and he should have considered these things when he was signing such a long term contract.
Now his responsibility to Arsenal is to clear things up.

I disagree with Arsenal fans saying Cesc’s part of this was fine (more so for a captain) but I agree that Barca’s approach was disrespectful.
Now it’s up to the lad to act like a man and either send them to hell or ask Wenger to let him go officially
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next