zarola
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
Onyx
66 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid - Page 7 Empty Re: Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid

Post by Zealous Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:36 am

Le Samourai wrote:I don't think saying that we shouldn't sell Di Maria marks any tangible divergence in my opinion of him.

I think, fairly consistently, me, Nick, and whomever else have expressed appreciation of his qualities, while arguing that he was thoroughly miscast on the right. If that's where he's going to play next year, I would sell him right now.

However, in the role on the left, he is too important to sell. He compensates for that sides defensive frailty while offering as much as basically any winger in attack. Even if we were to plug in a Vidal, it's still not ideal. He doesn't offer the width, he doesn't offer the final ball and without those, the simple structural balance we found last year dissipates.

For me, operating from a purely ideal perspective, replacing him with Kroos if fine. Kroos will link well with Benzema, our team will feature more quick interchanges, layoffs, snapshots, all elements of the game more in tune with my aesthetic fancies that the repeated miracle stuff Di Maria tries.

But, at the end of the day, our featured player is Ronaldo, for whom, Di Maria works perfectly. I'll avoid going into the details of that to avoid an pointless argument. I'm sure you agree anyway.

Selling him is like selling Makalele, it's altering a winning formula unneccessarily. Perhaps it won't be compounded with further mistakes, but with this club it's a slippery slope. Carlo could be gone in 6 months if we don't meet expectations, and when you take away his most important player, you run the risk of that.

Di Maria is under contract until 2018. At the end of the day, he's not one to shoot himself in the foot just to spite us. We are never going to be forced to sell him. If we do, at best, it's going to be a financial, which will dissapoint me.

1) I think Di Maria's defensive contributions while important considering the nature of out left flank is kind of overstated. It's a vital role that Angel does very well but juxtaposed next to Ronaldo (who rightfully is instructed to focus on exploiting spaces) he's going to look a bit more important than he actually is. Like I said before Modric has better defensive contributions to this team than Angel.

2) I agree that Di Maria complements Ronaldo very well. I think even CR knows this, mostly because CR is at his very best without the ball and surrounded by ball carriers with vision. Di Maria has that in spades. This is the main reason why I would like him to stay.

3) Still not seeing the Makalele correlation, in that scenario Flo didn't want him. Today the club has stated that it wants to keep Angel but it's the player's camp feeding the rumors. As for changing the winning formula, I am not convinced. I don't know a single big game last season where I could say "Wow completely outplayed them from start to finish" what was more common was "Wow what a run by Bale." and "Wow what a header by Ramos." etc. I don't really thin there was a "winning formula", it was mostly down to our team's great character and quality that we won trophies last season.

3) Like you said at the end, if a decision is made it will most likely be financial. Di Maria signed a contract till 2018 and yet the club are graciously offering him a pay bump, it's up to him to meet us at the middle.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid - Page 7 Empty Re: Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid

Post by Zealous Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:20 am

Toni in Mallorca

Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid - Page 7 BsqhJnICAAEOpjI

Cadena Ser saying the official announcement will come soon.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Kroos, whose contract with Bayern has only a year left to run on it and who has turned down their offer of a renewal, is currently holidaying in Majorca after winning the World Cup with Germany.

While on the Spanish island, he met up with his agent on Tuesday before confirming his intentions to sports daily AS.

"I'll be going to Madrid either tomorrow or the day after," Kroos said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9384195/transfer-news-bayern-munich-midfielder-toni-kroos-close-to-real-madrid-move

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:47 pm

So you guys wasted 40M on Illara hmm
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:59 pm

SSNHD just reported that Toni Kroos to Real is fix. He signed a 5 year contract, Bayern get 30 mio Euros and Kroos will get 6 mio net per year.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:00 pm

32 mil actually, but yeah. best case scenario, he goes on loan and returns when Xabi is retired
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:04 pm

That's a bargain at that price, for once a good signing that won't cost more than 50 million  Suspect 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:22 pm

EL Patron wrote:That's a bargain at that price, for once a good signing that won't cost more than 50 million  Suspect 

Yeah, it almost feels wrong lol

Lord knows we've been fleeced before though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:23 pm

€30m sounds like a lot for someone who's out of contract next year.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:26 pm

The deal was locked at 25 mil, then Bayern made us pay the world cup winner premium yesterday or so Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:39 pm

The same 45 million premium we're adding for DiMaria's price for being World Cup runner-up (and playnig godly for 2 months).
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Kroos will be presented at 5pm at the Bernabeu tomorrow, according to Marca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Zealous wrote:Toni in Mallorca

Official: Toni Kroos to Real Madrid - Page 7 BsqhJnICAAEOpjI

Cadena Ser saying the official announcement will come soon.

Mallorca with dat ambition :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Kroos has a house there apparently. Guess he has Spanish DNA Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:47 pm

don't you know Mallorca is the 17th German federal state?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Bale also went to Mallorca before coming to madrid to sign last summer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:€30m sounds like a lot for someone who's out of contract next year.

Yet the likes of Llalana and Shaw went for more than that  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Bale also went to Mallorca before coming to madrid to sign last summer.

GTFO with srs u pos.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Bale also went to Mallorca before coming to madrid to sign last summer.

where's the rest of our money then.
30m ffs. A joke.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:00 pm

30 mil is enough to pay Gotze for 3 years ffs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Cadena ser:
-Kroos is handling some last minutes details with Bayer and between today and tomorrow, it will be official
-kroos and RM want things to move faster. they want to present him tomorrow at 7pm, but depends on bayern.
-kroos wants things to be done so he can vacation
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:10 pm

hrmf

let's see who laughs last after Kroos has regressed to the lethargic lump of meat that he is deep down inside, and Götze has been treated with some growth hormones.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Sick of seeing this thread on the first page. There's nothing special about him ffs. The most bland player ever.

Has Di Maria been sold yet?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:26 pm

We are sorry you signed Cesc bro, it's gonna be ok though
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:We are sorry you signed Cesc bro, it's gonna be ok though

Future best attacking mid in the world Nick. Show respect...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Cesc and kroos are very much the same, but chelsea get more satisfaction purely because on using cesc against arsenal.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next