McAgger
Art Morte
RealGunner
matpol
40 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Who will advance to the semi-finals?

Quarter-Final: Brazil vs Colombia - Page 3 Vote_lcap51%Quarter-Final: Brazil vs Colombia - Page 3 Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 18 ]
Quarter-Final: Brazil vs Colombia - Page 3 Vote_lcap49%Quarter-Final: Brazil vs Colombia - Page 3 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

Quarter-Final: Brazil vs Colombia - Page 3 Empty Re: Quarter-Final: Brazil vs Colombia

Post by matpol Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:45 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Should be a great game, and its Colombia not Columbia.

I posted Colombia, what are you talking about dude?

matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Quarter-Final: Brazil vs Colombia - Page 3 Empty Re: Quarter-Final: Brazil vs Colombia

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:38 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Should be a great game, and its Colombia not Columbia.
Unfortunately, native German speakers are always in danger of using the "u" as in German, Colombia is called "Kolumbien". I always have to think twice about the correct spelling myself, so please forgive me if I make that mistake once in a while. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:41 am

Wait, Thiago Silva was crying before the penalties? Wow.

As for Gustavo's replacement, I'd move Luiz to his place and bring Dante in defence, that should maintain the current defensive quality the best.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:04 am

I don't think Luiz Gustavo will be missed considering how Brasil defend Chelsea-like with 9 players behind, Neymar however is a huge miss like Reus for Germany, he's not only the most creative and feared player but also the best goalscorer in the team.

Will be a close match again for Brasil, let's hope for one more penalty shoot-out.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciprian Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:47 am

I have a question: why Nerman instead of Neymar?
Ciprian
Ciprian
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:58 am

Crying before penalties is odd but I don't have as much of a problem with it as you lot do.

What I do wonder is why the captain of the team, during the huddle in extra time half time and before the penalty shootout didn't look to say much of anything. I think I saw him talk a little, but the guy doing the talking for the most part was Paulinho. WTF? A player who never came off the bench doing the team speech instead of the captain?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:11 am

Ciprian wrote:I have a question: why Nerman instead of Neymar?

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:12 am

Ciprian wrote:I have a question: why Nerman instead of Neymar?

It's an old inside joke originated from this:

Quarter-Final: Brazil vs Colombia - Page 3 Nigeri16
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:13 am

Ganso wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think this Brazil team has serious psychological problems  
On top of being a meh generation these mofos are unbelievably sensitive.WTF is this bull of crying before the game, crying during the anthem.I was shocked when I saw TS before the pens, our *bleep* captain had his head down and was crying.Cesar too.TS should lose his captaincy after today.

It's fine when you go completely emotional after the game like Luiz,Nerman and Gustavo, but this is way too much.

Exactly! its a shame that a captain of such team is not strong enough........
Also agree his lack of speech....in the break.....
Cesar would better be captain  :coffee: 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:16 am

Julio Cesar cried aswell I think Laughing

Paulinho looks the most captain worthy but he's not a starter.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:20 am

lol.. anyway, after nerves calm down it's best we all keep it simple and realistic. I mean, Colombia beat Brazil? pls don't let form full you in a world cup.
Brazil will be a handful for Colombia (that's assuming neymar plays), you'd be surprised that Gustavo's exit is good news in disquise, these things aren't as logical as people with short term memories will make us believe.
IMO, Marcelo is a liability. we just let he's attacking prowess fool us.and Oscar needs to be given less defensive responsibility (doubt that with this Brazilian team though).
To be honest the pressure on neymar's shoulders are out of this world. its about the biggest I've seeing in my life for such a young kid and somehow he still manages to be the last kicker in a 2-2 pk tie with the ghost of baggio and zico hounding around him and then converts with such calm. whatever he's taking, Hats off to that guy. player of the tournament for me.(just wish pk goals counted in a world cup)
while Colombia are good, I'm beginning to feel this Brazil would drag their way to a world cup win.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:13 am

I have been pondering should Brazil try a 3-5-2 vs Colombia. Fred/Jo failed hard. They dont score, nor they help in any attacking play. With Neymar and Hulk upfront and Dante coming in for Fred and let Alves and Marcelo in a similar role like Janmaat and Blind of Netherlands will this formation work against Colombia?

-------T. SIlva------Luiz--------Dante-------
Alves--------------------------------Marcelo
-----Ramires---Fernandinho----Oscar-----
---------Hulk--------------Neymar---------

If midfield looks too much unimaginative Hernanes should be there in place of Ramires.
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Anyone else noticed people have a bizzare hatred for this Brazil team? It's incredibly weird, it's like they want them to fail because they don't have multiple superstars at the same time like in past years.

This notion that they're the worst Brazil team ever is also bullshit. 2011 Copa America team, 06 team, Dunga's Brazil, 1994 WC team etc were far worse.

Fred, Hulk and occasionally Oscar underperforming is why they seem like a 1 man team when in reality Julio Cesar, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Marcelo, Alves & Luiz Gustavo are all playing at a high level.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Abramovich wrote:Man... I really wish Falcao was in this WC.

I feel you. I read a comment somewhere that with Falcao Colombia could have even won this world cup.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:42 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Oscar the most un-creative AM in history of Brazilian WC football.

Are we not being harsh with Oscar? He was so good in the first game. I say play him in the center for one game and then let's discuss how good or bad he is.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Zealous wrote:Nothing makes a team believe that it's meant to be more than a penalty shootout win.

Excellent point. Spain in the Euro 2008 quarter final is one of the best examples I can think of.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They are not the 2010 or 2012 Germans who rightly were one of favourites, this time they have clear issues.

Although note i said can beat them, tournament is open as hell there legimately is at least half a dozen teams who can win it IMO.

In WC 2010 Germany were not the favourites. They were a young team who caught everyone by surprise and reaching the semi finals was commendable. In Euro 2012 they were certainly the top favourites when the tournament began and a semi final exit has to be termed a disappointment. Hence there is a mammoth difference between those two cases.

Half a dozen teams can win it? Perhaps yes. We have the five traditional powers and I suppose we can say the sixth contender is Colombia.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:54 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Reus for Germany, he's not only the most creative and feared player but also the best goalscorer in the team.

Agree with everything else but the best goal scorer for Germany I think should be Thomas Muller.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:let's hope for one more penalty shoot-out.

You like those? I don't mind one or two in each world cup for the drama they provide but largely matches should be decided in 90 or at most 120 minutes. It feels a much more deserved qualification for the next round that way.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:58 pm

For all those complaining about Brazilian players crying I say I'll any day take them over Brazil's WC 2006 team which most shamefully came to a world cup to party and have a ball instead of honestly carrying the hopes of their nation.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:19 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

You like those? I don't mind one or two in each world cup for the drama they provide but largely matches should be decided in 90 or at most 120 minutes. It feels a much more deserved qualification for the next round that way.

Mainly for Brazil to be spent physically when they eventually hopefully play Germany in the semi final. Otherwise I like the drama too, lots of blame X player and praise Y player when it comes to that point Very Happy

messixaviesta wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Reus for Germany, he's not only the most creative and feared player but also the best goalscorer in the team.

Agree with everything else but the best goal scorer for Germany I think should be Thomas Muller.

I was comparing the two in terms of importance, both players in great form for NT, both the focal point in attack, offering creativity AND goalscoring threat from the left side. With "he's the the best goalscorer in the team" I meant Neymar but I obviously failed to make my point clear.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 pm

@messi:obviosuly i also rather have this scrub team than that world class 2006 team, but I think the criticism related to their mental state is justified.I know that this team is probably the one with most pressure in the history of football, but still, they shouldn't be showing that on the pitch.Now a lot of fans, including me, are having doubts about the NT.they simply aren't read for this.

however, as sampaoli said after the match, maybe this match will make us grow.

About penalty shootouts, the last 4 Brazil Colombia matches ended in draws.I expect a lot of drama again, I can't take this anymore, almost died yesterday  Mad Colombia have only beaten us twice in history though, there is some hope
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:48 pm

The emotions some of the Brazilians out on display before the penalties were not ideal yet it is easy for us to lay criticism upon them for it without counting the absolute mammoth pressure that was 4 years of mental preparation in leading to a World Cup right in their home.

Fortunately for Brazil, they channeled that emotion correctly and leading by example was Julio Cesár who in all the prediction to cripple within the Bela Horizonte crowd, was absolutely possessed; winning the game for a very fortunate Brazil vs Chile.

Hats off to the whole squad for channeling that emotion into victory.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:08 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

Mainly for Brazil to be spent physically when they eventually hopefully play Germany in the semi final. Otherwise I like the drama too, lots of blame X player and praise Y player when it comes to that point Very Happy

messixaviesta wrote:

I was comparing the two in terms of importance, both players in great form for NT, both the focal point in attack, offering creativity AND goalscoring threat from the left side. With "he's the the best goalscorer in the team" I meant Neymar but I obviously failed to make my point clear.

Oh I see. Thanks. Agree completely.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Ganso wrote:@messi:obviosuly i also rather have this scrub team than that world class 2006 team, but I think the criticism related to their mental state is justified.I know that this team is probably the one with most pressure in the history of football, but still, they shouldn't be showing that on the pitch.Now a lot of fans, including me, are having doubts about the NT.they simply aren't read for this.

I can't disagree with that.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Brazil - Chile poll result perfect matched with the outcome. Lets see what happens this time  :coffee: 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum