Casciavit
BarrileteCosmico
windkick
futbol
Winter is Coming
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can we win La Liga? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we win La Liga?

Post by Donuts Thu May 08, 2014 9:33 am

hope atletico madrid lose against malaga so they are forced to attack us in camp nou.
otherwise we are going to need a prime messi / neymar / iniesta to show up if we wanna break down their bus along with having to outscore their counter attacks.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 08, 2014 12:21 pm

I dont fking believe this! Never thought we still had a chance and that Real would drop 4 freakin point! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy!!!!

Suddenly the feeling is different. Atletico lost their last game, similar to Real must be focusing on the CL Final and they must be feeling the strain a bit. If we perform and figure out some type of surprise game plan we surely can beat them at home! Yes we can Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Thu May 08, 2014 12:51 pm

messixaviesta wrote:I couldn't have asked for a brighter beginning to my morning.

All that needs to happen next weekend is one of these three things and Real Madrid will be out of the title race definitively.

1. Atletico win against Malaga at home.
OR
2. Barca win away at Elche and Atletico do not lose against Malaga at home
OR
3. Madrid fail to win away at Celta

It would be great to win La Liga but I do not so much mind Atletico winning it. We haven't really played that well this season to fully deserve the title and it's nice to see an underdog triumph and remove the notion that La Liga is a two team league.

What means the world to me is that Real Madrid must not win La Liga. This team could potentially win a treble without being anywhere near as good as the treble winning teams of the past. That travesty must be prevented at any cost.

So I am backing Atletico firmly to win their home match against Malaga and of course us to win against Elche away. What happens in Madrid's away match against Celta should then be immaterial. Then it is a direct contest between Atletico and us on the last day. If we win at home against them then we are champions. Anything else and they are champions. Madrid can spend the last weekend as mere spectators.

Oh please Barca, Atletico, Celta and/or fate, make this happen for me this weekend! I can hardly rest till this weekend's La Liga matches are done and dusted.

If this happens then I will even try and forget the pain of the impressive underdog Liverpool being so cruelly denied the EPL title.

WE CAN DO THIS!!

^^

Last edited by barcaholic on Thu May 08, 2014 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 08, 2014 1:02 pm

messixaviesta wrote:I couldn't have asked for a brighter beginning to my morning.

All that needs to happen next weekend is one of these three things and Real Madrid will be out of the title race definitively.

1. Atletico win against Malaga at home.
OR
2. Barca win away at Elche and Atletico do not lose against Malaga at home
OR
3. Madrid fail to win away at Celta

It would be great to win La Liga but I do not so much mind Atletico winning it. We haven't really played that well this season to fully deserve the title and it's nice to see an underdog triumph and remove the notion that La Liga is a two team league.

What means the world to me is that Real Madrid must not win La Liga. This team could potentially win a treble without being anywhere near as good as the treble winning teams of the past. That travesty must be prevented at any cost.

So I am backing Atletico firmly to win their home match against Malaga and of course us to win against Elche away. What happens in Madrid's away match against Celta should then be immaterial. Then it is a direct contest between Atletico and us on the last day. If we win at home against them then we are champions. Anything else and they are champions. Madrid can spend the last weekend as mere spectators.

Oh please Barca, Atletico, Celta and/or fate, make this happen for me this weekend! I can hardly rest till this weekend's La Liga matches are done and dusted.

If this happens then I will even try and forget the pain of the impressive underdog Liverpool being so cruelly denied the EPL title.

As always ur a gentleman  Laughing I agree, but I really feel and hope we can snatch it from Atletico. Liverpool though I dont really think deserved the title though, they are just not good enough to win it overall.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu May 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Donuts wrote:hope atletico madrid lose against malaga so they are forced to attack us in camp nou.
otherwise we are going to need a prime messi / neymar / iniesta to show up if we wanna break down their bus along with having to outscore their counter attacks.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Atleti losing v Malaga would keep RM in the title race.
Infact, RM would have a good chance to win rit. They will be hoping that Barca & Atleti draw at Camp Nou and that result have happened twice at Camp Nou this season!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu May 08, 2014 3:24 pm

We should focus and win our game against Elche first of all.
Then, a motivated Barcelona at Camp Nou should do the job and beat Atleti!!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu May 08, 2014 7:19 pm

I know where your coming from but i care less about real madrid, our best chances come if Atletico lose against malaga rather then having the upper hand and counter while wasting a lot of time.
we struggle enough as it is against them.
but i agree we should take it one step at a time we need a win at elche.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu May 08, 2014 8:46 pm

neuro11 wrote:lol...lol....lol.....when did last time this happen......?? i wonder.....
i also feel like Franchise that it seems no one wants to win it.....
considering the amount of drama happened in last few match days, we better wait for the elche game first....who knows more drama are not waiting....
elche is near relegation zone and unbeaten in last 9 home games....but celta(vs r.madrid) and malaga(a.madrid) have nothing specific to play for.....i think its more of a difficult round for us than them......
can pique play this game????

Very good points

Last edited by messixaviesta on Thu May 08, 2014 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu May 08, 2014 8:49 pm

neuro11 wrote:at JD, it is always said that the team who wins a league truly deserves it, same is not said in case of cups. Now i really believe it......
look we were leading by 7 points to R. madrid at times comfortably and had been league leaders for long, defeated R.madrid twice and had a draw vs A.madrid away, passed through so many problems, played without No.1 keeper since classico and stupidly though without defenders for long, had so many different scandals, fake president resigning and another fake replacing him......
If after all those things the league is still in our hands (win 2, get it) why you still think we don deserve it.....infact this season (whoever wins) gave me a firm belief that league is won by a desrving candidate only......

You make some good points. I do think we deserve to win the league more than Madrid. Let's not forget that we did the league double over them. As for visavis Atletico I am not sure. You mentioned the various problems we faced and the limitations we had to work under. Well they are a club with much less resources than us and their main squad is also short on numbers. So what they have done is nothing short of incredible.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu May 08, 2014 8:59 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
As always ur a gentleman  Laughing I agree, but I really feel and hope we can snatch it from Atletico. Liverpool though I dont really think deserved the title though, they are just not good enough to win it overall.

Thank you very much. Sure as a Barcelona fan I want to win the league but first of all I don't want to leave the remotest possibility open of Madrid winning it. Also I feel that if Atletico win the league they will give Madrid a very hard time in the UCL final but if they don't then Madrid will easily win the final. For Atletico it's all about their confidence, their belief, their morale, their momentum. The minute they lose that their limitations will be more exposed. Without the mental strength physically they would be drained by now.

On Liverpool let's agree to disagree. The way ManCity have played all season, the number of points they have dropped for no rhyme or reason, some unconvincing displays in spite of having such a strong squad, I don't think they deserve the title either. So perhaps we could have no one winning EPL this time but if one team has to win it I say Liverpool deserved it more than anybody else with their unexpectedly good series of results, their dynamic forward play and their dealing with so many resource limitations. This is a moot point now because unlike La Liga EPL is pretty much decided.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu May 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Khaled wrote:
Donuts wrote:hope atletico madrid lose against malaga so they are forced to attack us in camp nou.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Atleti losing v Malaga would keep RM in the title race.
Infact, RM would have a good chance to win rit. They will be hoping that Barca & Atleti draw at Camp Nou and that result have happened twice at Camp Nou this season!

100% agreed. It could be a case of two cats, Barca and Atletico fighting over a piece of bread and the monkey (not always a racist word) Madrid running away with it.

If Madrid were playing before Atletico and failed to win I could have wanted Atletico to lose but since the matches kick off at the same time no way can I want that. Atletico drawing or winning will make no difference to us. In both scenarios we will be needing to beat them at home to win the title. So I am firmly backing Atletico to win this weekend.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 08, 2014 10:19 pm

It will be a travesty even if Madrid win the CL. One CDR for the season is about their level.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 08, 2014 11:41 pm

For Tito!

If they can't win 2 games under these circumstances they should be all sold.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri May 09, 2014 4:15 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Thank you very much. Sure as a Barcelona fan I want to win the league but first of all I don't want to leave the remotest possibility open of Madrid winning it. Also I feel that if Atletico win the league they will give Madrid a very hard time in the UCL final but if they don't then Madrid will easily win the final. For Atletico it's all about their confidence, their belief, their morale, their momentum. The minute they lose that their limitations will be more exposed. Without the mental strength physically they would be drained by now.

pretty much summed it up what athletico is.....this is exactly what i felt before CL semi 2nd leg....and i honestly had very low expectations from our players....i realized there was a ocean difference in terms of emotion,feeling and hunger.....But i give special credit to Simeone for all these......I wholeheartedly wish they win a major trophy this season but hopefully thats not League....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 09, 2014 4:59 am

CBarca wrote:It will be a travesty even if Madrid win the CL. One CDR for the season is about their level.

The only team that can still prevent them doing that is Atletico and the only way I can see Atletico managing that is if they approach the match with 100% confidence and belief.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 09, 2014 5:04 am

Fußball wrote:
If they can't win 2 games under these circumstances they should be all sold.

We shouldn't be that harsh. We can't just demand success from the team all the time as if it's our birth right. We all know that this team isn't as good as Pep's all time great team from a few years back. That team was strong in every single position but the current team has significant weaknesses in some positions. I wouldn't want to be like those PSG fans who booed their team for a home defeat even after they had just won the league title.

The players have clearly indicated in the media that they will give their all and at this point in time I won't ask for more from them.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 09, 2014 5:06 am

neuro11 wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

pretty much summed it up what athletico is.....this is exactly what i felt before CL semi 2nd leg....and i honestly had very low expectations from our players....i realized there was a ocean difference in terms of emotion,feeling and hunger.....But i give special credit to Simeone for all these......I wholeheartedly wish they win a major trophy this season but hopefully thats not League....

Thanks. I agree with your comments completely. Of course it would be ideal if Atletico lose the league to us but still somehow find the belief to win the UCL at the expense of Madrid.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 09, 2014 6:52 am

messixaviesta wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:

On Liverpool let's agree to disagree. The way ManCity have played all season, the number of points they have dropped for no rhyme or reason, some unconvincing displays in spite of having such a strong squad, I don't think they deserve the title either. So perhaps we could have no one winning EPL this time but if one team has to win it I say Liverpool deserved it more than anybody else with their unexpectedly good series of results, their dynamic forward play and their dealing with so many resource limitations. This is a moot point now because unlike La Liga EPL is pretty much decided.

Fair enough, and yes the dilemma of Real being in it with a chance makes it complicated.... lets hope it pans out perfectly for us mainly Real dont win.

CBarca wrote:It will be a travesty even if Madrid win the CL. One CDR for the season is about their level.

Tbf Real was inconsistent and we beat them but they were also so impressive in many other games, them beating Bayern with those performances was pretty epic. I would be hard and sad for us but they would deserve it simply cos they found a good mix for these big games now.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri May 09, 2014 7:12 am

you guys worry far too much on real madrid, we need to focus on our own team instead of wishing others to fail.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 09, 2014 7:26 am

Donuts wrote:you guys worry far too much on real madrid, we need to focus on our own team instead of wishing others to fail.

Real Madrid is our biggest traditional rival and at times things have been very ugly. Cristiano being purchased and even more Mourinho being hired took the hatred as high as possible. So yes I will unabashedly admit that I really want them to fail. As such feelings of each fan are subjective. Not everyone will feel the same kind of enmity which is fine.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 09, 2014 7:30 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
Tbf Real was inconsistent and we beat them but they were also so impressive in many other games, them beating Bayern with those performances was pretty epic. I would be hard and sad for us but they would deserve it simply cos they found a good mix for these big games now.

Strictly personal views only but I don't think that highly of those performances. Bayern made mistakes which these guys capitalized on. A few other teams in similar situations may have done just the same. On their own home turf for the first twenty or so minutes they couldn't even touch the ball. They didn't want to play park the bus. It's just that on ball play they were totally outclassed. Then they got the first goal and from then onwards things went wrong for Bayern including of course shambolic defending in the second leg. Hardly even for a minute did I see this as a great performance from Madrid except for some of the defensive work they did, particularly Xabi Alonso's contributions as a defensive midfielder.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri May 09, 2014 7:37 am

Come on Messi!!! you can do it......two hatrick in two games and League title along with Pichichi is yours....
If i had the opportunity i would have put a big Poster of CR winning Ballon d or last year and playing CL final, in his room for these last 2 weeks.....
We need three players in their peak for just 2 games.....Busquets,Iniesta and Messi.....i cant believe they are going to WC empty handed...
I wished Tata could be a better motivator........

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun May 11, 2014 10:28 am

Hristo Stoichkov said it best. Madrid wins Copa Del Rey. Barca wins La Liga. Atletico wins UCL. One for each. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun May 11, 2014 12:43 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Hristo Stoichkov said it best. Madrid wins Copa Del Rey. Barca wins La Liga. Atletico wins UCL. One for each. Smile

actually he said there an interesting line..."Everybody’s happy that way" rofl 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Messi, if anyone can do it's HIM.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun May 11, 2014 2:26 pm

M99 wrote:Messi, if anyone can do it's HIM.
Messi? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
What a flop, he'll probably again keep on walking through out the game against Elche and won't have any influence. We should sell him as soon as possible, doesn't worth any penny Barcelona are going to pay him! Rumors say that he'll get paid 20-22M a season! WTF, we can easily pay that for 4 world class players instead of that useless midget! #Pessi #Flopssi
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next