azzurres
fatman123
TheRedStag
guest7
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Villas-Boas is obsessed with Mourinho" Empty "Villas-Boas is obsessed with Mourinho"

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Porto president, Nuno Pinto da Costa, explained the departure of the man who was his coach until a few weeks ago, as the obsession of Villas-Boas with Mourinho.

"He has a complex and is always thinking about the ghost of Mourinho, and since Mourinho conquered the [Europa League] and the CL, he didnt want to continue for fear of not winning the same"

According to what the portuguese medias are revealing today, Pinto da Costa mentioned a converstaion he had with Villas-Boas, during which he justified his decision for leaving to Chelsea, for fear that the big clubs in europe would lose interest in him, if porto were to suffer a punishing defeat against Barcelona in Supercup, and if he didnt live up to the expectations in Champions league.

"He was afraid of losing by 3 or 4 goals to barcelona, but Mourinho received 5, yet didnt stop being the best in the world because of it."

In his opinion, the astronomical figures of the transfer -Chelsea bought out his 15M release clause and paid him 5M a year in wages- "helped", but weren't a fundamental reason for him to leave.

"I told him that in normal circumstances, at 33, he would be training Academica de Coimbra or Naval, and at 40, he would get to a great club, however, at 33 he had won with Porto already, and it would have been the opportunity to win even more titles."

Pinto da Costa, who has been heading Porto for 3 decades -the most successful time in the history of the club-, stressed that when we think about a great european club, "we dont think about Chelsea, but Real Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester."

In fact, he assured that he discussed with Villas-Boas the possibility that this season would be the last of Pep at Barcelona, and that the blaugranas would have been a perfect destination for him.

"But he was afraid of being compared to Mourinho and he left."

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/oporto-villas-boas-obsesionado-mourinho/20110713dasdasftb_24/Tes

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

"Villas-Boas is obsessed with Mourinho" Empty Re: "Villas-Boas is obsessed with Mourinho"

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:08 pm

haha Nuno Pinto da Costa giving a big fu to AVB lol

Back to top Go down

"Villas-Boas is obsessed with Mourinho" Empty Re: "Villas-Boas is obsessed with Mourinho"

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:16 pm

This could be the president being really butthurt over him leaving. I mean the club didn't negotiate or anything, they just payed the release clause and the deal was off. He sounds very mad over it.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:18 pm

omarish wrote:This could be the president being really butthurt over him leaving. I mean the club didn't negotiate or anything, they just payed the release clause and the deal was off. He sounds very mad over it.

Yup AVB broke his heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:28 pm

He does sound butthurt, but he is giving us some epic quotes here.

whenever someone goes on a limb like this, he mix elements of truth with some insight... or not Razz

this would be some interesting stuff about his psychology... i really thought he would take it one step at the time myself, before jumping to a bigger club...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:37 pm

"He was afraid of losing by 3 or 4 goals to barcelona, but Mourinho received 5, yet didnt stop being the best in the world because of it."

Ya Mou was really the best manager in the world last year. LMAO
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:"He was afraid of losing by 3 or 4 goals to barcelona, but Mourinho received 5, yet didnt stop being the best in the world because of it."

I think he meant at the moment. It doesn't matter if he didn't win anything last year, he is still viewed as the best coach by most of the people.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:40 pm

omarish wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:"He was afraid of losing by 3 or 4 goals to barcelona, but Mourinho received 5, yet didnt stop being the best in the world because of it."

I think he meant at the moment. It doesn't matter if he didn't win anything last year, he is still viewed as the best coach by most of the people.

CDR?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:40 pm

several expletives left my mouth while reading this
i mean who dies this bloke think he is? just cause hos first team coach is last seasons assistant is no reason to get the claws out
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
omarish wrote:

CDR?

I meant it doesn't matter, he is still the best. ;-)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:44 pm

mourinho brought him the CL, ofc he considers mou as the best, not exactly relevant here tho, he just meant mou is still a fantastic coach.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:49 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

mourinho brought him the CL, ofc he considers mou as the best, not exactly relevant here tho, he just meant mou is still a fantastic coach.

Yes I understand he has a hard on for Mou.

Just thought I'd get a small dig in there....
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:02 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Pinto da Costa, who has been heading Porto for 3 decades -the most successful time in the history of the club-, stressed that when we think about a great european club, "we dont think about Chelsea, but Real Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester."

Ouuuuuuuchhhhhhhhh
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 pm

pinto is just upset he always goes awol after something goes against him.
trust me, on this.

ps: he didnt mentionthe other teams as they are trying to buy their players
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:13 pm

omarish wrote:

umm.. no! Only Madrid fans and maybe some Inter fans and Chelsea fans. Everyone else finds him despicable!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:17 pm

kiranr wrote:
umm.. no! Only Madrid fans and maybe some Inter fans and Chelsea fans. Everyone else finds him despicable!

"Villas-Boas is obsessed with Mourinho" Z44h48N

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Think Kinrar is confusing likability with respectability. He definitely isn't liked but most people respect the manager he is.

I don't expect his clubs' rival fans to like him (or respect him) much...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Doc wrote:Think Kinrar is confusing likability with respectability. He definitely isn't liked but most people respect the manager he is.

No. Do you want quotes of other football managers and legends criticizing him after the CL matches last season? He is not respected by many!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:32 pm

kiranr wrote:
Doc wrote:Think Kinrar is confusing likability with respectability. He definitely isn't liked but most people respect the manager he is.

No. Do you want quotes of other football managers and legends criticizing him after the CL matches last season? He is not respected by many!

He's not respected by a few. A few doesn't represent the whole. If your quotes could make up minimum 5% of the European footballing populace then I would take back what I said and give your props. Other than that, you are speaking on the bias of not liking him yourself and guys who he just pissed off...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Doc wrote:
kiranr wrote:

He's not respected by a few. A few doesn't represent the whole. If your quotes could make up minimum 5% of the European footballing populace then I would take back what I said and give your props. Other than that, you are speaking on the bias of not liking him yourself and guys who he just pissed off...

I really do not want to debate about this topic. It is subjective really and i am quite sure many people share my opinion. His antics in the CL should have seen to that.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 pm

LOL @ doubts over weather Mourinho is the best coach in Europe.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:05 pm

kiranr wrote:
Doc wrote:
kiranr wrote:

I really do not want to debate about this topic. It is subjective really and i am quite sure many people share my opinion. His antics in the CL should have seen to that.

yeah cuz its not ok to spread your frustration when you were practically cheated out of a tie. Neutral
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:08 pm

ali8775 wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Doc wrote:
kiranr wrote:

yeah cuz its not ok to spread your frustration when you were practically cheated out of a tie. Neutral

Let it go man. It is subjective!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:13 pm

kiranr wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Doc wrote:
kiranr wrote:

I really do not want to debate about this topic. It is really and i am quite sure many people share my opinion. His antics in the CL should have seen to that.

Let it go man. It is subjective!

subjective ? I'm sorry but can you emphasize ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next