LeBéninois
Lord Awesome
Lupi
McAgger
Onyx
88 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion

Post by rwo power Mon 28 Apr - 1:26

According to the Bayern PK, this match will be seen in all countries in the world bar one (they didn't mention the unlucky losers, though). :bow:

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon 28 Apr - 2:01

2nd half against Bremen had everything we'd been missing.

Cautiously optimistic.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 28 Apr - 5:45

Pep Guardiola has said Bayern Munich need to be more aggressive in the Champions League semi-final second-leg against Real Madrid.

The Coach has held a Press conference today ahead of the match at the Allianz Arena tomorrow and touched on a number of issues emanating from the first-leg, which Madrid won 1-0.

“I liked how dominant we were [in the first-leg] but we have to be more aggressive,” AS reports Guardiola as admitting.

“At the same time you can’t play into Madrid’s threats, so we have to find a balance. I’ll sleep tonight, talk to my players and then decide.

“There’s no excuses. I love to have the ball as a player and a Coach. Having the ball means you can attack, rather than the contrary, but in the end Madrid won.

“We had the most corners, ran more than they did and tried everything, but we lost. So my critics are right.

“Even so, we have to have the ball to make chances. It’s what we tried last time and I admire my players for being brave enough to do that at Santiago Bernabeu.

“I would play that game with a little more intensity. We try to control the game with the ball, because what matters in football is possession.

“I can only do what I feel, nor can I ask my players to do something different because it would betray them and they’d notice it.

“I feel it works and you judge me but I’m here for this. I have to accept criticism from all sides.

“All we ask is for thoughts and goals tomorrow. It’s not far to travel to Lisbon.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 28 Apr - 5:48

"We try to control the game with the ball, because what matters in football is possession"

rofl stay safe Bayern and Happless
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 28 Apr - 5:58

Think we need to PTB in the 2nd leg. hmm

Now that Pep knows what went wrong and with Bayern being at home, they'll trouble our defense more than ever. Plus our defense only looked good vs Barca/Bayern because they had 0 penetration.

It's not looking good, hopefully we make it through. Sad

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon 28 Apr - 6:00

Madrid should surprise Bayern and go all out attack at the beginning. Similar to Copa del Rey in 2012 (where Higuain missed those chances). They won't survive another 90 minutes in their 4-4-2 defensive shell, trying to rescue a 1-0 lead over the line. This game has to be about who scores more. Every goal for Madrid counts extra away from home.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon 28 Apr - 6:27

Carlo Ancelotti wrote:The objective is to score and not defend. This is the line we're going to work along. If Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale are all right, they will play in Munich.

Pep Guardiola believes the team that shows the most passion will qualify for the Champions League final ahead of Bayern Munich’s semifinal second-leg clash with Real Madrid.

The eyes of the football world will be on Munich on Tuesday, as 108 TV stations and 880 journalists cover the second leg of the European tie at the Allianz Arena.

While the Bundesliga champions aim to become the first team to successfully their status as European champions since the European Cup became the Champions League, Los Blancos are hoping to finally win La Decima [their 10th European Cup triumph],  and hold a 1-0 advantage from the first leg at the Bernabeu last week.

Despite having most of the possession in Madrid, Bayern were not able beat Real keeper Iker Casillas, and moreover were in danger of conceding more than just once when the hosts caught the title holders out on the counter.

"We ran a lot in the first leg, just like them. They are fast, and when we lose the ball, we need to react. They also try it from the set pieces," Guardiola told his prematch news conference in Munich on Monday..

"We want to keep them away from our goal. And maybe we will need to use other weapons as well."

The Catalan coach had come under fire for his possession-based football following the recent defeats against Borussia Dortmund and Madrid, but he says he will not change his philosophy.

"I try to get the best out of the team. When the match is over, and there is criticism, I have to live with that," Guardiola said. "It wasn’t the best result in Madrid. And sometimes you have to go beyond pure tactics."

"The team with the bigger will is set to come out on top. We have the dream of flying to Lisbon. Passion makes the difference," he added.

"I will always try and find arguments for possession of the ball. But I am not looking for excuses. It’s my philosophy that my teams have the ball.

"Through that we can set up a better attacking game than the opponent," Guardiola continued. "I don’t like stats; a lot of unforeseeable things can happen in football. In the first leg we did everything right but still lost. I stick to it: possession of the ball is very important."

With the dream of a fourth Champions League final in five years still alive, the former Barcelona man would not give too much away about who he would select on Tuesday.

"I have thought a lot about our situation. I liked how dominant we were in Madrid. But we need to be more aggressive in the box. I need to sleep over the balance one more night," he said.

Guardiola added that he does not expect Real to "park the bus" by adopting ultra-defensive tactics: "They will not play to keep the result for 90 minutes. It’s another thing when you press them into defence.

"We tried that in the first leg, but, of course, it’s clear what we need to advance. And that is more than one goal."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 28 Apr - 6:49

Fußball wrote:Madrid should surprise Bayern and go all out attack at the beginning. Similar to Copa del Rey in 2012 (where Higuain missed those chances). They won't survive another 90 minutes in their 4-4-2 defensive shell, trying to rescue a 1-0 lead over the line. This game has to be about who scores more. Every goal for Madrid counts extra away from home.

I think there will be an initial storm of attack that we will need to survive, if we get through that unscatched we can work ourselves into the game

Also when was the last time you saw Carlo's Real Madrid pressure at a teams throat, that will happen in our dream although we always score when we do. That was the only aspect of Mourinho's Madrid that I actually liked although we always did it after being hammered in the first leg
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 28 Apr - 9:26

Ancelotti "Rummenigge said the trees in Munich would be burning waiting for us...but it’s raining"
Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon 28 Apr - 9:27

bayern will easily win this.
i expect pep to play muller to give a more physical presence to hold the ball up and cut the chances of counter attacks.
Its the hope that kills you madrid fans lol

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon 28 Apr - 9:32

Everybody is talking about how Bayern will destroy us....i like it.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 28 Apr - 9:32

please go back to your hiding cave, ur opinion is about as valuable as Cleverley's tactical brain
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Spray Mon 28 Apr - 9:41

cyberman wrote:bayern will easily win this.
i expect pep to play muller to give a more physical presence to hold the ball up and cut the chances of counter attacks.

On the other hand, things are completely hopeless for you. How did your club do in the CL again? Oh well there is always next year... oh wait...  Laughing 
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon 28 Apr - 9:46

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Ancelotti "Rummenigge said the trees in Munich would be burning waiting for us...but it’s raining"
Laughing

LMFAO Laughing The rain/lightening comes before the fire.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 28 Apr - 9:55

That makes zero sense lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon 28 Apr - 9:58

Magic Spray wrote:

On the other hand, things are completely hopeless for you. How did your club do in the CL again? Oh well there is always next year... oh wait...  Laughing 

we have the same chance of winning the CL next year as you do..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon 28 Apr - 10:01

Zealous wrote:That makes zero sense lol

You know lightening can lead to forest fires, etc.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Spray Mon 28 Apr - 10:04

cyberman wrote:
Magic Spray wrote:

we have the same chance of winning the CL next year as you do..

Clearly you're the David Moyes of math.
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon 28 Apr - 11:13

clearly youve not witnessed your contribution to cl football over the last 12 odd years..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 28 Apr - 11:42

RM won the UCL in 2002 though (12 years ago) which just so happens to be the same amount as Man Utd (grand total of one).

Anyway, like the 1st leg, I have no idea how this match would turn out. Bayern could rain fire and brimstone on RM but I thought that be the case last week. I don't underestimate Bayern (and most likely, neither does Carlo) but it does seem fans are underestimating RM for whatever reason.

Sadly, this tie has me in a wreck...Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon 28 Apr - 11:59

]

GL jinx to do its magic
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon 28 Apr - 13:30

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Laughing

carlo is a master trol..... i mean what a classy man :bow:
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 28 Apr - 14:25

Well, that's what you get when a figure of speech is difficult to translate. If you say in German "Dann brennt hier der Baum" (literally "then the tree is burning"), it just means there will be a lot of action, there will be a lot of people who are excited and who will make a lot of noise etc.

It's probably derived from the hectic that was caused when christmas trees were lighted with real candles and sometimes they started to burn, causing a lot of ruckus in the house. Not more and not less Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon 28 Apr - 18:02

i understood what he meant rwo, but its still funny Laughing carlo
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon 28 Apr - 19:04

I'm torn about this game. I want Madrid to go through because of King Carlo, Zeal, Adit, Cristiano but on the other hand they're basically the Spanish equivalent of Liverpool fans and I'll never forgive them for how they treated Jose there.

Mourinho potentially preventing La Decima or owning Pep in another final makes a good storyline either way I guess. Even if we get knocked out, Atleti beating Real in a final would be hilarious.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 29 Apr - 1:01

Pep is spot on.
It's not a problem of the system or of too much possession, it's a problem of being aggressive, winning challenges, playing with speed in the final third, and playing with more intensity.

Still a long shot tonight  Neutral 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next