eelir
neuro11
Winter is Coming
futbol
BarrileteCosmico
42 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Who do you want to take over Barca if Martino leaves/is sacked?

If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_lcap6%If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_lcap23%If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 8 ]
If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_lcap3%If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_lcap11%If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_lcap6%If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_lcap11%If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 7 ]
If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_lcap8%If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 35

If not Martino, whom? - Page 6 Empty Re: If not Martino, whom?

Post by windkick Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Maybe Pep is available lol

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Win or Lose we play Cruyff Way  pirat 
but after the loss ...................
bring stat to prove its not Cruyff way
or hammer players because they din execute cruyff way
and sell some players because they don fit Cruyff way
and bash some fans because they do not understand Cruyff way  Laughing 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu May 01, 2014 12:23 am

Although I would be very sad to see him leave, I think De Boer would be your best option- and I wouldn't be surprised if they'll try to get him.

He has a great eye for team renewal/buying players (which you will need), and he has really proven he can turn around a team.

He can have absolute fluke matches though, which might have to do more with having a young, inexperienced team than him though.

If he goes, I would like him to go to Barca though. There he can at least continue with the kind of football he plays, and he stays sort of "within the family" because of the Ajax connection.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano_is_back Thu May 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Maybe Pep'll get fed up of the Bayern meddlers and find his way back home. Trust me, it would create headlines if that happened,tbh. And then, he can become our own SAF.... Wink Smile Very Happy
larisano_is_back
larisano_is_back
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 02, 2014 2:21 am

It's Luis Enrique. Pretty much confirmed by former Barca B legend Nolito.

"I think Luis Enrique will train Barca next season."

Welcome, poor man's Pep. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Well, Bielsa is no longer an option.

Probably one of my favorites. Picked either him or Martinez, I don't remember who anymore. No I didn't vote AVB Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri May 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Hmmm. I have my reserves about him. His spell at Roma was not that good if i remember correctly?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Its true, he didnt do well at Roma. But many argue it was because he was trying to change alot, in a foreign country and had resistance. Doesnt have that problem here.

Before that, he coached Barca B and got them promoted in the Segunda after being out of it for like a decade. Then the next season they were in the playoff's, but obviously they cant be promoted to La Liga so didnt enter.

Celta are 10th now in the league, which is pretty impressive I think.

I am reserved about him also, but I believe in his personality (his biggest assest as a player I believe) and I he seems to know his stuff.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 02, 2014 10:28 pm

The positive about Lucho is that he's a rigorous personality from what I know. He wasn't afraid of benching Totti (although it backfired Laughing) so I'm not scared that he'd bench Xavi or Cesc if necessary and I don't think the "old guard" could undermine him either as Lucho is a Barca legend. The likes of Xavi even played together with him, fss. He is also a fan of a proper fitness regimen from what I've heard. Apparently the main reason why last season the squad opted against Lucho if gossip is to be believed. Laughing

However I would take his achievements with Barca B with a grain of salt. Even Eusebio has them 6 points off the top right now in 3th place and I think Lucho actually had a better squad with Thiago in midfield and Soriano scoring 30+ goals, Bartra and Montoya in defense etc.

Similarly his achievement with Celta. Paco Jemez has an even worse squad and has them above Celta playing all out attacking football (remember, outpossessing Barca). Being 10th is not that much of an achievement now. They are a bit more comfortable than last season because they have added the quality of Rafinha who is easily their best player and Nolito who is comfortably better than Aspas. Defense is about the same but offense they have done better as a result.

Overall you don't need to be a tactical genius to coach this Barca. If he's disciplined and makes the players work hard and doesn't get his lineups totally wrong and rotates properly to not exhaust players that's 90 % job well done.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 02, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm not sold on LE myself. I mostly remember him from his Roma days, and unlike now I did watch a fair number of games back then. My biggest problem is that his style did not evolve over time. His team never incorporated the pressing that we have lost and need, didn't find a way to penetrate defenses and often looked to be the stereotyped back & sideways passing possession side for possession's sake. The fact that he also quit in spite of having the support of the board also does not bode well with me.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri May 02, 2014 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 02, 2014 10:44 pm

To be honest, results and achievements are very secondary to me when looking at coaches..its never that simple.

What BC says is a bigger concern however.

I dont really have an opinion, there are both positives and negatives.

He is my all time favourite Barcelona player, so of course I would like to see him do well, but I also wouldnt want him to ruin his reputation with us by doing badly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat May 03, 2014 2:13 am

Always loved watching the Luis Enrique, his spirit and determination was unreal!!! Will always remember him in the classicos, played like a mad man possessed!

As a manager though I have my doubts, he hasnt really done that great so far in his managerial career....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 03, 2014 2:42 am

Sport: "Luis Enrique has specifically asked to get Puyol as an assistant coach for next season."

Carles Puyol will be a part of coaching staff if Barca appoints Luis Enrique as the new manager. (Tv3)

Enrique + Puyol. I think the team will run more than under Pep in 2010. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sat May 03, 2014 5:47 am

board pls let this happen Proud
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 03, 2014 8:28 am

Luis Enrique: "These are pure speculations"

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/luis-enrique-todo-son-especulaciones-3263746
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 03, 2014 9:42 am

Rafinha (on loan at Celta): "Again work with Luis Enrique next season, at Barça? Might be. He's doing a great job and he knows Barça." [fdv]

Getting closer and closer.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat May 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Serie A flop LE ? OMG Laughing
Poor man's Guardiola is perfect definition Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 04, 2014 11:43 am

Martino: "Sometimes in  light of these results you think you might not deserve a second chance and you have not been up for the challenge"

Almost official then.  I do think he was not up for the challenge, I'm okay with him making mistakes during his first year and I think he had a hard job with the press against him for  day 1, no pre season and no time to plan transfers. But simply repeating the same mistakes over and over sealed the deal for me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun May 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Thing is, the board is not going to fire him. I think he realizes this too and is going to resign. He at least knows how much he screwed up. I'm not sure what changed between the first and 2nd half of the season but I do know that there were glaring mistakes that were not fixed which led to this (as BC said).

I'm still not sure LE is the way to go for us. Really, I'm not sure which coach would be right for us at this point. I just want the board gone.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Agree with the above, Tata is unfortunately just not good enough for us.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 05, 2014 12:10 am

I prefer Tata to LE ffs.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon May 05, 2014 3:41 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Martino: "Sometimes in  light of these results you think you might not deserve a second chance and you have not been up for the challenge"

Almost official then.  I do think he was not up for the challenge, I'm okay with him making mistakes during his first year and I think he had a hard job with the press against him for  day 1, no pre season and no time to plan transfers. But simply repeating the same mistakes over and over sealed the deal for me.

And and ....from the day 1 the media and people around keep on asking...will you change our style,history,this and that all those rubbish??? I still can remember almost every week there was same kind of interview forcing him to walk in the specific line. We should never go for a outside coach if we can not give him freedom. i mean wait and see what he is capable of and if the guy is too far from our style you have the chance to sack him.....tata is a prime example of the result of our stupidity. the guy clearly was not his own. he was always in halfway line, too worried to be away from our style. i really hope he resigns and do his best with some other club....his 2nd year wont be any better here
we better always hire a la masia product for coaching....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 05, 2014 4:13 am

neuro11 wrote: i really hope he resigns and do his best with some other club....his 2nd year wont be any better here
we better always hire a la masia product for coaching....

Rijkaard and Van Gaal first time around say differently, but I understand and probably agree with the overall point your making.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 05, 2014 4:50 am

Kinda feel bad. I guess it's just the statement itself, more than anything, it's just kind of a sad statement. I also don't agree he wasn't up for it, but it seems clear enough to me that he's just not good enough.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 05, 2014 5:01 am

Sad indeed. But I dont like these comments, he should be defiaint..he should defend himself..maybe that just isnt him.

But I think he lacks personality. I felt it the first time with his overly praising comments when he got the job. During the season, obviously I felt that with his failure to drop players who needed it. And this comment feels the same.

He has some legit excuses for the subpar results. Now, 100% he should not talk about them, thats weak. But saying what he said, sounds like he is giving up..when I feel other coaches would be much more defiant, even if they are lying to themselves.

Maybe he just knows he is gone and is being totally honest.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 05, 2014 5:20 am

LVG and rijkaard don't count, they're Dutch.
And Martino only said these statements after the league was lost, before that he tried to put on an optimist face
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next