M99
Kamikaze692
Onyx
Pedram
Blue Barrett
81 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern München - First Leg - Page 20 Empty Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern München - First Leg

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Fußball wrote:lol I'm the biggest Mehdrid anti and even I think their gameplan was legit.

Juve101 has to be the forum clown. Bayern played exactly the same way against Barca last season. 4-4-2 defensive shape, 30 % possession, swarm out and counter when the ball is lost. Only difference: they took all their chances and scored some irregular goals on top of that. If I remember correctly Juve101 was celebrating hard and calling Bayern the best team of all time.

Indeed.

Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern München - First Leg - Page 20 MMD_305016_diferencias_de_estilo_entre_guardiola_y_heynckes

Funny thing is, Bayern statistically had a better game against Real Madrid than against us. More shots, more shots on target, more shots that were blocked/saved, more corners and ran 6km more and yet they lost against Real Madrid and won 4-0 against us..  Laughing 

Shows you how useless stats are when it comes to football..

Also shows that Fussball's comparisons of the two games is completely off.
Of course we played to counter against Barca, just like Real did against us. Nothing wrong with that at all anyway.
But while possesion and passes may be almost the same, we had significantly more shots and attempts than Barca, and Real had less than us.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern München - First Leg - Page 20 Empty Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern München - First Leg

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I agreed with Beckenbauer until the league comment. Remind me when Bayern won the league again?????

you had no game on the weekend, is what he's probably talking about

btw hala, let's get it over with.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Also shows that Fussball's comparisons of the two games is completely off.
Of course we played to counter against Barca, just like Real did against us. Nothing wrong with that at all anyway.
But while possesion and passes may be almost the same, we had significantly more shots and attempts than Barca, and Real had less than us.

Never said that it was wrong, although I have made it perfectly clear what I think of that style Laughing

And also, I showed that picture to show why stats in football is not the absolute truth. I mean, looking at those stat and not seeing the goals, one would think that Bayern had a better game against Real Madrid than they had against Barça, which is not true..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:16 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Also shows that Fussball's comparisons of the two games is completely off.

Never said that it was wrong, although I have made it perfectly clear what I think of that style Laughing

And also, I showed that picture to show why stats in football is not the absolute truth. I mean, looking at those stat and not seeing the goals, one would think that Bayern had a better game against Real Madrid than they had against Barça, which is not true..

Yeah well maybe but the stats of our game against Barca still show we had a good game against you. More shots, corners etc.
Real didn't have a particularly good game against us yesterday (second half maybe), we just were worse, harmless, indecisive and weak at the back.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Yeah well maybe but the stats of our game against Barca still show we had a good game against you. More shots, corners etc.
Real didn't have a particularly good game against us yesterday (second half maybe), we just were worse, harmless, indecisive and weak at the back.

Again, never said that you had a bad game against us. As much as it hurts me to say, you destroyed us. Although, don't know how much was because of you or because of Roura destroyed us when Tito was away Laughing Sad

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

It's not that we were good, you had a bad game. Already suffering from Barca syndrome  Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Valkyria, you were better than us. Defended well, and scored a goal plus 2 good chances.
Apart from that, you think you had a good game? If you had had a good game you'd blown us away.
It was a bad game overall from both sides.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern München - First Leg - Page 20 Bl_zi1GCUAAXBvS

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Just finished watching the game,

Bayern Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:27 pm

You people do realize that not every "shot" on target is a real chance do you.

A shot from 40 yards out that manages to get close enough is considered in the stats, and a sitter that the player allowed to go buy without shooting it is not considered a chance.

Also, a shot from 40 yards out straight at the keeper is counted on target, but a shot that rattles the post is off-target.

Also, most of those Bayern chances came in after the 70 minutes mark when Muller came in and Pepe was injured. All the while, Madrid wasted two sitters that were considered off-target shots.

@harhar, you say that Madrid played 10 men behind the ball as if in some weird way Barca doesn't do that as well. Pep's Barca retreated as a whole unit whenever they lost the ball. You rarely saw 10 Barca players behind the line because they rarely lost the ball. When you play against a team that wants to keep the ball as much as they do, you will naturally have your team defending.

The major difference between playing football, and parking the bus, is that when you are playing football you are setting up your team to go on counters and retaining the ball. Your idea of a match is apparently Madrid waiting for Bayern to regroup before attacking. The only reason Madrid has less possession than Bayern is because they always lose it when they risk it and go for the counter. In contrast, Bayern keeps possession because they did not risk it at all before the 70 minutes mark. In fact, if you look at the possession stats before that mark, you would find that Madrid gained 8% ball possession in the 20 minutes Bayern were battering them with chances.

Regardless, the supreme lack of football knowledge and tactical nuance in this thread is worrying. Seriously, some do not even understand the basic principle of keeping the ball is not having to defend against it, which is in Barca's pressing system a very exhausting affair.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Just finished watching the game,

Bayern Laughing 

You really didn't see the game last night ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:33 pm

No i didnt, i was serious lol. Anyway, maybe it's because i already knew the results and i had heard all the crying from people in this thread, but Bayern were complete shit. Sterile possession, hardly built up solid chances, most their usual stars were nowhere to be seen.

Madrid on the other hand, :bow:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Here's a Stat: Every time a Frenchman has scored for Madrid against Buyern, we have gone on to win the tie (Anelka and Zizou) eco smile

Benzema Proud
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:02 pm

"6 - @MrAncelotti has never lost against Bayern Munich as manager in the Champions League (4 wins, 2 draws all with AC Milan). Prestige."

Das Fett-phänomen Proud
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Die fette Beast Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Pep hadn't lost at the Bernabeu in like what 5 games???

If Carlo manages to not lose there in a country we have historically struggled in then that wilp indeed be impressive
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:28 pm

i wouldnt mind a draw in munich, 2-2
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

That pic of stats is not legit Laughing a blocked shot is not a shot on target ffs Laughing According to whoscored, Bayern only had 4 shots on Casillas, everyone of those shots were straight at him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Zealous wrote:The pass to Coentrao was just as crucial. I wonder who made it hmm

Wasn't it Ronaldo?

"Real broke and with Rafinha out of position, Ronaldo slipped a pass through to Coentrao on the left and his low cross was judged to perfection for Benzema to tap in from close range at the far post!"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/23/real-madrid-bayern-munich-live-mbm

CR Proud

It was a well worked goal, Benzema's run was actually extremely good. He was lucky that Alaba fluffed it but he anticipated the chance like a real number 9.

Good movement created the tap in, good goal Molenation

You got to be kidding me. It was a total brainfart by Boateng that the 'through ball' got a chance get through. Absolutely shocking from Boateng. He was ahead of Coentrao, the ball went past him right at his feet. It's like he thought he could let it run out or some shit. :faceplam:
Not like that was some undefendable stroke of genius, ridiculous mistake from my favourite CB in the world No No No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:07 pm

btw, :faceplam: is the new :facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Alaba was at fault for that goal. Had the guy stayed with Benzema he probably would've cleared it but he lost him and Benzema had an easy tap in. He was nearly at fault for another goal when he tried to outjump Ronaldo when Dante was already with him leaving DiMaria completely free at the backpost. Boateng was not your worst defender of the night and he sure as hell was nit at fault for the goal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Alaba was at fault for that goal. Had the guy stayed with Benzema he probably would've cleared it but he lost him and Benzema had an easy tap in. He was nearly at fault for another goal when he tried to outjump Ronaldo when Dante was already with him leaving DiMaria completely free at the backpost. Boateng was not your worst defender of the night and he sure as hell was nit at fault for the goal

Nonsense. Boateng was at fault. Dante then had no reason to shift to the right and Alaba was covering him. the 2 cbs were at fault. Disgraceful. Would rather have Ramos in my team than those 2.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:21 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I was really impressed with Madrid tonight. They looked like they were standing off too much in the first half, but after seeing that through, they managed to enjoy more spells of possession and more time in Bayern's half, and less time camped on the edge of their box. Had they remained stuck in their own half I think Bayern would have inevitably scored. They had the pace and directness to expose their centre backs and should have scored a couple more.

Bayern seemed to lack the tempo and intensity to break Madrid down. Most noticeable for me was the lack of overlaps down the sides from Alaba and Rafinha, which lessened the effect Ribery and Robben had on the game. A lot of their possession ended up being redundant.

The cleansheet is so important for Madrid. Bayern have to really press for goals and you know that will leave some space for Madrid to exploit on the counter attack. Whether they can keep it up physically if Bayern up the tempo is another matter, though.

I don't know if I was too focused on my own team to notice, but I thought Madrid wasn't that impressive.
We were so bad that if Madrid had played less cautious and to their potential, they'd blown us away imo.
I've not seen them that often, but I've seen them much better than yesterday.
Of course they did what they had to do against our ball retention, but they could have come away with a much better result than that. Even though it's a decent result of course.

As for the lack of overlap. yes that's a thing Pep introduced. Our fullback's playing way infield, almost like midfielders. Gives us even more control  Rolling Eyes 
Though yesterday it seemed more like Alaba and Rafinha were to cautious to follow through on the wings, in fear of not getting back in time?

Is is possible that Pep has so much respect in away games that he really just wants us to keep the ball and try to minimize counters? Because that's the feeling I get.
Obviously he doesn't trust our defending ability at all, paradoxically it seems to me that it is this very timidness, coupled with a high line, which makes our defenders insecure.

Mix this timidness and focus on 'control' with the laziness, lack of fire and mental slouch of our players at the moment, and you get horrendous, ridiculously harmless and clueless displays like yesterday.
Though the latter part is the main reason, not so much the 'system'.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:21 pm

There was only Benzema near the box. Ronaldo was still in midfield so it was only Benzema to mark. Dante should not have ran up I agree but it doesn't matter. Alaba had no awareness where Benzema was and instead of focusing on not letting him get the ball he tried to run up and prevent the cross. Really really poor from Alaba

Balls between the cbs and fullbacks will happen from time to time so its normal boateng could not intercept it. it happened to us as well with ribery and alaba combining
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:23 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Alaba was at fault for that goal. Had the guy stayed with Benzema he probably would've cleared it but he lost him and Benzema had an easy tap in. He was nearly at fault for another goal when he tried to outjump Ronaldo when Dante was already with him leaving DiMaria completely free at the backpost. Boateng was not your worst defender of the night and he sure as hell was nit at fault for the goal

well probably we can agree all of our defenders didn't look good for the goal, Rafinha neither.

But watch it again and watch how Ronaldo's ball passes Boateng to Coentrao.
He's right there, it's well within his reach. He could've easily cleared it, it was a brainfart he let it through.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Ramos showing how to man mark:

Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern München - First Leg - Page 20 1398278366_399329_1398280136_album_normal
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next