The Official WWE Thread - Part 13 - BRYAN NEW CHAMP YES! YES! YES!

+22
AnJl
Yeezus
Arquitecto
Lex
McAgger
LeSwagg James
Tomwin Lannister
LeVersacci
fatman123
ExtremistEnigma
jibers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RebaƱo Sagrado
Jonathan28
M99
Pedram
zizzle
Freeza
Casciavit
Firenze
RealGunner
Onyx
26 posters

Page 14 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 13 - BRYAN NEW CHAMP YES! YES! YES! - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 13 - BRYAN NEW CHAMP YES! YES! YES!

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:15

Yeah i'm disappointed taker lost but nowhere near as much as I would have been had he been involved in WWE in a monthly basis or so

Fact is for the past god knows how many years he hasn't been involved outside of 2 RAWs before WM and one of two after occasionally.

The shock factor was immense, but when that wears off it's not too bad really.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 13 - BRYAN NEW CHAMP YES! YES! YES! - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 13 - BRYAN NEW CHAMP YES! YES! YES!

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:17

Infact, i'm still 20% convinced i'm dreaming and all you scumbags aren't real. It's the night before WM in reality.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:18

M99 wrote:
Firenze wrote:stop being emo plebs.

It's not the end of the world and Taker was a nonfactor for pretty much 364 days a a year in the wrestling world the past few years. Move on.

Stfu. Stop trying so hard to be the badass rebel, the Streak was a huge part of wrestling and now it's just fckin gone. And that too to a part timer who screwed the WWE royally by quitting with a one week notice at the time when he was their main man.

lolwut, if "trying to be a badass rebel" means not crying and saying my interest died with the Undertaker's streak, then sure, call me a badass rebel. Stop overreacting. You've been whining ever since it happened ffs.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:20

Firenze wrote:
M99 wrote:

It's not the end of the world and Taker was a nonfactor for pretty much 364 days a a year in the wrestling world the past few years. Move on.

Stfu. Stop trying so hard to be the badass rebel, the Streak was a huge part of wrestling and now it's just fckin gone. And that too to a part timer who screwed the WWE royally by quitting with a one week notice at the time when he was their main man.

lolwut, if "trying to be a badass rebel" means not crying and saying my interest died with the Undertaker's streak, then sure, call me a badass rebel. Stop overreacting. You've been whining ever since it happened ffs.

It's not overreacting. Lesnar killing the streak was plain BS.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:21

RealGunner wrote:
mt. U got that pic for me where taker is getting applause from the commentators?

The Official WWE Thread - Part 13 - BRYAN NEW CHAMP YES! YES! YES! - Page 14 4fad1b980ea10717fb6a60b1deda3529_crop_exact

Last edited by M99 on Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:22; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:22

M99 wrote:

And? take these things far too seriously and these people have goals in life they want to achieve they are not bounded by WWE because we say so.

Anyway he didn't screw the WWE anymore than Stone Cold did when he walked out, when The Rock went to Hollywood leaving them with no stars to carry the company.

When Hulk Hogan left for WCW, when Nash and Hall did the same after the infamous MSG incident.

I don't see anyone bitching about them though.

Hell Undertaker has been part time for over 5 years Laughing this is getting sad and ridiculous and Undertaker is and was my favourite.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:22

If the streak wasn't broken a few years with Triple H/HBK, why break it when it's even bigger?

Lesnar isn't better than either of those two. It was just a standard Undertaker vs top star match that Undertaker should have won.

As I said before, if it was to be broken, it would have to be due to something big happening like Cena turning heel. Not in a standard generic match.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:23

M99 wrote:
Firenze wrote:
M99 wrote:

It's not overreacting. Lesnar killing the streak was plain BS.

How can the wrestling fan inside of you be dead when the streak is only relevant for a month a year at best? calma.

You might think it's BS, but like I said, The Undertaker decided his own fate and made the call to lose to Lesnar, I'm going to respect his decision and judgement.

At least Lesnar is relevant for a couple of months a year :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:25

In an ideal world, Undertaker would have lost to Kane at Wrestlemania 14 via DQ after hitting Kane with multiple chair shots to try and keep him down
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:25

Personally if the streak had to go, I'd have had one of HHH/HBK/Rock/Austin/Kane (After a year long push) break it

I'm still convinced that Brock surely is coming back full-time soon. Because if not then wasting the 22 year streak on a part timer was indeed wrong.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:28

I like to think people are mad that Taker's streak ended to Lesnar because Lesnar just doesn't appreciate it as much as, say, Angle or HBK would appreciate it. To HBK, it would probably be the greatest moment of his wrestling career. To Brock, it's just another Sunday night PPV
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:28

BTW i still don't agree with it.

But the witchhunt that has been going on since then isn't fair to everyone involved.

Especially to Undertaker himself who quite clearly himself decided he wanted to lose it to Lesnar.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:29

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
M99 wrote:

And? take these things far too seriously and these people have goals in life they want to achieve they are not bounded by WWE because we say so.

Anyway he didn't screw the WWE anymore than Stone Cold did when he walked out, when The Rock went to Hollywood leaving them with no stars to carry the company.

When Hulk Hogan left for WCW, when Nash and Hall did the same after the infamous MSG incident.

I don't see anyone bitching about them though.

Hell Undertaker has been part time for over 5 years Laughing this is getting sad and ridiculous and Undertaker is and was my favourite.

You are seriously comparing those to what Lesnar did? Hogan, Hall and Nash leaving, WWE knew it for months. That was just business, they got better contracts from WCW and left. Austin like CM Punk was frustrated that he was stuck in feuds with midcarders and was mentally and physically burnt out. The final straw came when he was booked to job to Lesnar on RAW and so he left. Lesnar was the main man, one week before Wrestlemania where he was supposed to beat Goldberg, he tells them he is quitting for NFL. WWE Creative went on literal panic mode after that and had to push JBL with his new gimmick to fill up the void and as good as JBL was, the void was not properly filled till Cena became the champion.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:29

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arq define "better wrestlers".

Because no one Undertaker has faced at WM is a better chain wrestler, mat technician and has a better amateur background than Lesnar.

Has he faced better characters and better entertainers? yes, lots of them but wrestler? i do doubt that.

Also for those saying HHH or HBK should have broke it instead.... i agree but thats not the point is it.

Its to do with timing and he obviously didn't want to break it then and now he does.

From the active guys there isn't a better choice IMO and the reaction is unfair to Lesnar IMO.

Lesnar was a good wrestler in his original days yet has regressed to a very sluggish brute of a wrestler. Jimmy Snooka, HBK, HHH, were better wrestlers alone being beaten by Lesnar who is responsible for one of the worst string of main events in WWE is a spit on the face of Undertaker. Streak needed to end, yet no by Lesnar.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:29

Tomwin Lannister wrote:

I'm still convinced that Brock surely is coming back full-time soon. Because if not then wasting the 22 year streak on a part timer was indeed wrong.

The rumours recently of Brock going back to the UFC started to pick up, I think this was Vince's way of saying he wants Brock to be one of the undisputed biggest stars ever in wrestling, someone that will be around in some capacity for the next 15-20 years. I don't see Brock ever being full time though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:29

M99 wrote:Everyone forgot about the prediction game after the Streak shocker lol. Who won RG?

holy shit. Totally forgot. Will calculate tomorrow.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:31

Lex wrote:I like to think people are mad that Taker's streak ended to Lesnar because Lesnar just doesn't appreciate it as much as, say, Angle or HBK would appreciate it. To HBK, it would probably be the greatest moment of his wrestling career. To Brock, it's just another Sunday night PPV

This is true too. Lesnar has 0 passion for the business and is only doing part time appearances for the massive payday.

Agree with Arq. Prime Lesnar is one of, if not the best wrestler I have ever seen. This Lesnar is a shadow of that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:32

Hope that isn't true

If a deal involving brock coming back and being given the streak was made then fine

But convincing a part timer not to piss off for the 20th time is not worth a 22 year long storyline being destroyed tbh
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:34

Undertaker wanted to face Bryan this year. He wanted Randy Orton and Edge to end the Streak on 21 and 24. He does not get the final say. How could WWE allow this ffs.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:35

If anybody had to end it this year it should have been Wrestling great, future hall of famer and verified Juventus fan Santino Morella.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:36

tbf Lesnar has serious health issues in the past that probably still take a hefty tool on the body, a family and he is already set for life. It's a very rare breed of person that would be willing to work the ridiculous schedule of a full time wrestler in those circumstances.

That's why I respect Cena.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:37

Literally everything of how Taker's streak ended was perfect along with the cinematic beauty and moment behind it. Yet if there is left standing a figure who is quite frankly a nobody in WWE history let alone a performing wrestler, it taints the glory of his streak to which would have been better met by a legend even if past it. We all wanted Taker to retain it yet from a writing perspective it was perfect. Just not the decision to have it beaten by Lesnar.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:38

Tomwin Lannister wrote:If anybody had to end it this year it should have been Wrestling great, future hall of famer and verified Juventus fan Santino Morella.

Was the right choice, stay mad haters. Dont be so emo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:38

Arq you see i agree with that.... but its impossible to end it with any of those guys now.

That's my point if he wanted to end it now.... who else is there?

The problem here is a problem of timing... sadly father time is a mysterious beast and waits for no man.

That's the issue here.... Undertaker clearly wanted to go on after HHH and HBK and he probably doesn't now and then you are forced into a situation where you had to think who is the best option left.

This isn't a game where you can pick and choose, as age takes over your options limit and that's what happened here in my opinion.

Also M99 how do you know he wanted Orton to end it etc etc? you speak to him over Skype? rofl

Also i suppose you would have been happy with Bryan ending it aswell? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:38

M99 wrote:Undertaker wanted to face Bryan this year. He wanted Randy Orton and Edge to end the Streak on 21 and 24. He does not get the final say. How could WWE allow this ffs.

That was a long time ago, man. Taker is old now and we saw it last night, he obviously felt like he couldn't handle one more Mania after this, that's what I think anyway and Lesnar was the best choice under those circumstances.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:39

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arq you see i agree with that.... but its impossible to end it with any of those guys now.

That's my point if he wanted to end it now.... who else is there?

The problem here is a problem of timing... sadly father time is a mysterious beast and waits for no man.

That's the issue here.... Undertaker clearly wanted to go on after HHH and HBK and he probably doesn't now and then you are forced into a situation where you had to think who is the best option left.

This isn't a game where you can pick and choose, as age takes over your options limit and that's what happened here in my opinion.

Also M99 how do you know he wanted Orton to end it etc etc? you speak to him over Skype? rofl

Also i suppose you would have been happy with Bryan ending it aswell? Laughing

Why end it in a generic way though?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 42  Next