Best XI of the 21st Century according to ESPN Deportes

+2
Donuts
Khaled
6 posters

Go down

Best XI of the 21st Century according to ESPN Deportes Empty Best XI of the 21st Century according to ESPN Deportes

Post by Khaled Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:36 pm

Best XI of the 21st Century according to ESPN Deportes' @ESPN_JorgeRamos:

Best XI of the 21st Century according to ESPN Deportes Bj2bXo0IUAEgoUe

No Xavi & Iniesta = BIG FAIL!

---------------

Mine would be:

TEAM A:
Ronaldinho Ronaldo Messi
Iniesta Busquets Xavi
RobertoCarlos Nesta Cannavaro Cafu
Casillas

TEAM B:
Cristiano Henry
Zidane Viera Pirlo Beckham
Lahm Puyol Terry Alves
Buffon

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Best XI of the 21st Century according to ESPN Deportes Empty Re: Best XI of the 21st Century according to ESPN Deportes

Post by Donuts Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:09 am

glad they included Puyol but over Nesta? lol xD

my team would be:

--------------------------Buffon
-Cafu--------Cannavaro-----------Nesta--------Roberto Carlos
------------Zidane--------Xavi---------Iniesta
--Messi-------------------R9-------------------Ronaldinho
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Best XI of the 21st Century according to ESPN Deportes Empty Re: Best XI of the 21st Century according to ESPN Deportes

Post by The_Badger Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:12 am

I'm sure Gerrard would love playing left wing!  No 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:29 am

Gerrard's on the right, Ronaldo on the left.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:41 am

Swap Dinho with Stevie G, Xavi And Iniesta ain't needed in that team
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:47 am

My mistake.

Why when they pick these "best of" XI do they insist on shoehorning players into positions they are not particularly adept at or used to? Gerrard on either wing is absurd for a start.

Why not pick a formation and find the best players for those positions who actually played there?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:57 am

Mine would be:

------------buffon------------
-alves-cannavaro-thuram-lahm-
---------makalele-pirlo--------
---crynaldo-zidane-ronaldinho---
------------messi------------

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:16 am

The_Badger wrote:My mistake.

Why when they pick these "best of" XI do they insist on shoehorning players into positions they are not particularly adept at or used to? Gerrard on either wing is absurd for a start.

Why not pick a formation and find the best players for those positions who actually played there?

Just shows that you've never seen Gerrard play in his prime. For a period he was playing on the right for us. And on the left for England to accommodate Scholes and Lampard.

And weirdly enough under Rafa he was the most prolific attacking wise from the right.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:31 am

McAgger wrote:
The_Badger wrote:My mistake.

Just shows that you've never seen Gerrard play in his prime. For a period he was playing on the right for us. And on the left for England to accommodate Scholes and Lampard.

And weirdly enough under Rafa he was the most prolific attacking wise from the right.

He did nothing but cry and complain when asked to play wide. Even so, there are better that have played than him in the 21st century.

And when was it he played on the left for England? Every major competition he's played in for us has been in the centre, it was Scholes that was pushed out on the left by SGE to accommodate Lampard and Gerrard in the centre. I think the only time he ever played as a winger for England was on the right under McClaren and he was terrible, hence why he ended up recalling Beckham.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down