The Movie House - Part 4

+41
elitedam
M99
The Franchise
gb
DuringTheWar
Pedram
Mamad
Blue Barrett
Onyx
B-Mac
BarrileteCosmico
LeVersacci
Tomwin Lannister
salmano9
DeletedUser#1
RedOranje
FalcaoPunch
Eman
Motogp69
RED
MaraVilla
elm_baraja_shaman
Winter is Coming
Rebaño Sagrado
Forza
Kaladin
Raptorgunner
Firenze
Arquitecto
Vibe
Swanhends
McLewis
EarlyPrototype
Soul
Valkyrja
TalkingReckless
McAgger
ExtremistEnigma
RealGunner
El Gunner
CBarca
45 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Arquitecto Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:41 am

@El Gunner wrote:Suck it up Arq.
Chris Nolan is on his way to legendary status as a film director, there's no stopping him.


You're sounding like an atypical Nolan fanboy with that post.

I did not deny he would not be yet he is a long way away from that. No multiple viewings of Inception will bring him closer.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11448
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:Suck it up Arq.
Chris Nolan is on his way to legendary status as a film director, there's no stopping him.


You're sounding like an atypical Nolan fanboy with that post.

I did not deny he would not be yet he is a long way away from that. No multiple viewings of Inception will bring him closer.

lol
He has made like 8 movies and all them are very good, some even unique in some ways.
I don't know if Marty or Spielberg or Kubrick or Woody Allen had so much success with their first 8 movies, they may have had a 'not-so-good' one somewhere there in between and they all went to become legends of filmmaking.

Call me a typical fanboy all you want. I like that you're a very opinionated person Arq, really I like that in people; I am one as well, but sometimes you come across as a person who's 'got it all figured out'.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19608
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Nolan is one of my favourite directors tbh, Memento is one my favourite film of all time. But he's nowhere near where you think he is. Martin Scorsese, Spielberg, Tarantino, Fincher and Kubrick are still superior directors imo. He's in the tier below them. He still has to prove he can deliver something else. I'm still missing something truly great from him, since Memento. Nolan is an amazing filmaker at making the big spectacle, but the rest while amazingly entertaining still lacks some part.
Don't know if they've had as much succes with first 8 movie?

Scorsese: Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Mean Streets, King of Comedy. All extremely great movies. The first two widely recognized as some of the best ever.

Tarantino: probably the most original writer of the last 30 years, burst onto the scene with True Romance (writing), Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. Also delivered Inglorious Basterds and Kill Bill.

Fincher: Best visual director out there. Se7en, Fight Club, The Game, Social Network and Zodiac all among his first eight. Probably the greatest filmography of anyone with that amount of movies.

Kubrick: He delivered Clockwork Orange, 2001, Lolita and Dr. Strangelove. Revolutionized a lot of genre movies, as he did almost all genres.

Spielberg: He was the father of the summer blockbuster and probably saved the movie industry with this. in his first 11 films were E.T., Raiders, Jaws etc.

I don't think Nolan has reached the level of these directors first 8-9 movies. I just feel like he lacks a lot when he does big budget movies, because he tends to put too much focus on the spectacle and forgets to emphasize the story like he did in earlier films.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by M99 Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Extended trailer.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30040
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Is Hulk going rogue in this movie? Is this the start of Planet Hulk?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28266
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:27 am

Planet Hulk (if it happens) will not happen until after 2020.... There were rumors of him maybe teaming up with GoTG but Gunn (Director) gunned it down Smile

Feige did say that Hulk will have big role in Ultron and another movie in the future....

i was hoping Defenders goes from Netflix to big sreen
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:36 am

Hulk going rogue, off to some separate chain of movies so I never have to suffer him again

yes pls
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:24 am

@Freeza wrote:Nolan is one of my favourite directors tbh, Memento is one my favourite film of all time. But he's nowhere near where you think he is. Martin Scorsese, Spielberg, Tarantino, Fincher and Kubrick are still superior directors imo. He's in the tier below them. He still has to prove he can deliver something else. I'm still missing something truly great from him, since Memento. Nolan is an amazing filmaker at making the big spectacle, but the rest while amazingly entertaining still lacks some part.
Don't know if they've had as much succes with first 8 movie?

Scorsese: Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Mean Streets, King of Comedy. All extremely great movies. The first two widely recognized as some of the best ever.

Tarantino: probably the most original writer of the last 30 years, burst onto the scene with True Romance (writing), Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. Also delivered Inglorious Basterds and Kill Bill.

Fincher: Best visual director out there. Se7en, Fight Club, The Game, Social Network and Zodiac all among his first eight. Probably the greatest filmography of anyone with that amount of movies.

Kubrick: He delivered Clockwork Orange, 2001, Lolita and Dr. Strangelove. Revolutionized a lot of genre movies, as he did almost all genres.

Spielberg: He was the father of the summer blockbuster and probably saved the movie industry with this. in his first 11 films were E.T., Raiders, Jaws etc.

I don't think Nolan has reached the level of these directors first 8-9 movies. I just feel like he lacks a lot when he does big budget movies, because he tends to put too much focus on the spectacle and forgets to emphasize the story like he did in earlier films.

BUT I'M NOT SAYING HE IS THERE YET. PLS UNDERSTAND MY POSTS!!!

I'm saying he is on his way. You also didn't understand my 8 movies thing, you mentioned A FEW THAT WERE OF THE 8 and I know those films, it's not like I'm ignorant to what Tarantino, Spielberg and all those legends that you mentioned did.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19608
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by M99 Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:19 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30040
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:33 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
BUT I'M NOT SAYING HE IS THERE YET. PLS UNDERSTAND MY POSTS!!!

I'm saying he is on his way. You also didn't understand my 8 movies thing, you mentioned A FEW THAT WERE OF THE 8 and I know those films, it's not like I'm ignorant to what Tarantino, Spielberg and all those legends that you mentioned did.


I did understand your post. You said they (Spielberg, Scorsese) didn't have as much success as Nolan in their first 8 films, which is wrong. Then you implied that he'd reach their level, where I showed my skepticism.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by M99 Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:01 pm



*dead*
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30040
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:43 pm

sgkjhnshguihggyghoinhgsn aaaaaaaaarrrhhhhhhhh
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Marvel announcements >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC's
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:49 pm

@Blue Barrett wrote:Marvel announcements >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC's


How? hmm Both companies didn't really anything surprising tbh, everything announced was heavily rumoured.
All the talk about Marvel does it for the fans pisses me off. If they did it for the fans, they could atleast put up a livestream instead of sucking up to the press.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:51 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther is the most obvious casting ever. But also the right one. Pretty sure I have called it before in this thread. Couldn't really see anyone else in that role. Since Michael B. Jordan was already cast, and there sadly is not enough great black actors in the 30 range.


Man they wasted Idris Elba as goddam Heimdall ffs :facepalm: Would've been perfect for Black Panther.

I have no idea who Chadwick Boseman is.

Pls go Laughing

Idris Elba is 42 ffs Laughing How many movies are you gonna get out of him before he starts looking way too old? Chadwick is 5 years younger. Got up to 3 more films in him for the role than Idris, if need be.

Idris would have been "perfect" if this was 2008 Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:53 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Blue Barrett wrote:Marvel announcements >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC's


How? hmm Both companies didn't really anything surprising tbh, everything announced was heavily rumoured.
All the talk about Marvel does it for the fans pisses me off. If they did it for the fans, they could atleast put up a livestream instead of sucking up to the press.

I think the movies they announce are very exciting for comic book fans plus the presentation is MUCH better than DC's imo(even though we get the point from both sides at the end of the day).

Edit: Civil War, for example, is one of my favorite Marvel stories EVER! You can imagine my excitement. I never even dreamed we would have a movie about it.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Well then I understand it, even though they're going to depart very much frmo the civil war storyline, atleast the premise, since everyone knows their identities. But it's going to be more or less the same.

I'm just so freaking tired of this fanboy rivalry going on. I really can't stand listening to it, it's getting ridiculous. I love comics and movies form both companies, like most people. So I don't get the need for this stupid comparison and rivalry every single time one part does one thing.

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=36866
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum