M99
Milantildeath
Kaladin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Milan v Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: Milan v Juventus

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm

and i m glad that despite rami's mistake he has been really solid. i cant wait next season, because rami really needs a good partner.

montolivo put a tremendous performance today, and i wished he put performance like this all the time or atleast in game of importance like this lol

and poli industrial performance, and didnt let pirlo play his game and was offering a lot in attack

taarabt kaka pazzini all did well, especially when it came to controlling and creating chances but they all lacked finshing.

de jong and montolivo was very effective in this game, and i like how poli dropped occassionally and helped them out.

we need new players for sure to iron out some problems but i think we are on right track. milan are playing a whole lot better under seedorf

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:01 pm

Sapo shouldn't be made a scapegoat. He's better in the the centre and had to play next to a disinterested Taarabt for most of his time on field.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Taking this avatar off once and for all ffs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:14 pm

hard luck Meelan, u were clearly better than us.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Best game I see from Montolivo all season and Seedorf takes him off.....more so for Honda to play in midfield rather than sacrifice this countryman who was below par.

Saponara needs to wake up I don't see the player I was hyped up for at all, he looks heavy footed(due to lack of game time I cannot tell).

Kaka played alright he was a bit fragile on the ball...normal hot and cold Kaka.

Pazzo looked like he was playing his most frustrating game ever with so much quality he should be getting more chances put in the box for him.

Taarabt again frustrated me more than anything his knack for turning into trouble is unmatched his flair will never win me over if he can hardly create anything with it.

Poli was good until he came off I hope he isn't injured as badly as it looks.

Rami was good aside from the goal albeit that can be put on Bonera being positioned inadequately for the situation and Rami having to come across.

Abate, I can't say it was a good or bad performance just in between, good and bad moments.

Emanuelson can't cross to save his life I can even do better than him....I would love to see the stats on how much successful crosses he has had all season or meaningful ones atleast.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:35 pm

As mentioned, a match uncannily similar to Milan-Atletico in which the brimstone atmosphere of San Siro and Seedorf has us commence the game with an absolute bang and putting Juventus on the backfoot.

Where we shone was Taarabt and Poli's role's out wide performed very well, especially Poli providing his complete outlet in stretching out the defence and drifting inside excellently. Where he failed was his total of 3 missed chances, uncharacteristically shaking his shots wide.

Taarabt was a pure enigma, fueling moments of brilliance with moments to which moments of pure insanity could not have one comment on the measurement of his play. Still unfit as this team is.

Kaka deployed his positional everywhere, frequently assisting Urby and Abate both to send them through their marker while centrally he providing an excellent outlet for Poli and Taarabt, Pazzini thriving on the service Kaka provided. Where Kaka failed was his finishing and while he rattled Buffon multiple times, we should have seen him shoot in the dead ball left by Pazzini. Yet he was excellent.

Montolivo had the best game of his season. As I said earlier, Monty is simply a product of team form. If we play bad, he will not rise above. If we play well, he'll be an absolute passing general in the midfield and put no foot wrong, as evidenced by even his excellent interceptions followed by the ball carried forward.

Our fullbacks were the usual story, helped very well by Poli and Taarabt yet lacked any final ball. Abate at fault for Llorente's intelligent movement to which had him score.

Rami versus Llorente was a fascinating battle. Llorente shaking him loose at times yet Rami's shackling of him throughout the game quite impressive. Could not do much considering Bonera afforded a free role, failed to capitalize on the freedom afforded to him and tracking back during Juventus' counters.

Where Seedorf failed was his decision to play two naturally central playmakers who are rather cumbersome-Honda and Saponara for subs. That immediately narrowed our attack since they would naturally cut in while the imagination left us and left Kaka very constrained with the substitutions, especially since it did not allow him the space needed if it were stretched.

Our #1 fatigue under Seedorf?

Fatigue.

Our matches with Seedorf have been based on intense pressing and pressure to which dominate teams yet last only to the 70th minute max in which we reach a severe decline to which isn't adapted given our play was based on pressing and a high line throughout with Seedorf. His change in regimental plan will take a learning curve for the sinews of our squad as games must be sealed before so until our incurred fatigue is not addressed and or improved.

We have learned much from this match despite the harsh scoreline as I see nothing and nothing but positives from us.

Forza Seedorf.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 pm

It was obvious your team couldn't keep up that insane pressure

Monty was subbed because he was a dead man walking, he could not have lasted much longer at all.

As for the actual match... everything that needs to be said already has tbh

Not sure why we played as we did, but great for us to get the result regardless.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:48 am

Very inefficient display by Milan, stop watching at half time furious how wastingful Kaka and Poli had been.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:58 am

Just like Atletico match missed chances cost us. Players wastefulness+Buffon turning to superman like Courtois did. Our side is growing but we are severely lacking the killer edge. If we don't get that we are also going to lose our remaining big games too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Let's be honest here, his nickname is Superman so it's not like *insert 38 year old journeyman GK* had the game of his life

Buffon was geat but tbh only one save comes to mind where I wasn't expecting Buffon to make it 100%

Plus Bonucci's clearance off the line was little more than him making up for his awful reading of the long ball that lead to the chance.

Tbh I was shocked when Abbiati saved the Licht shot.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:13 pm

These types of results tend to sting the most. You play so well, it's just that your finishing lets you down.

However, unlike earlier years I take many positives from this game. First, of all, our philosophy is starting to become very clear. We have enabled a high pressing game with a high tempo, based on fluid movements. Something that was never seen under Max. We attacked Juve, unlike the other way around during the days of Max. Back then, we absorbed the pressure, under Seedorf it's the complete opposite we attack the teams we face.

And compared to the previous games, we have shown we can break down the opposition and exploit the spaces in their defense. Which wasn't the case in Seedorf's first few games, as we had constantly resorted to long shots and crosses just a few weeks ago.

Perhaps, we were able to create so many chances, due to the headache Pazzini's movement caused Juve. Or our team's general play has just improved under Seedorf and we should see similar things even when Balo's starting.

We are taking steps in the right direction, as the only thing we are suffering from is finishing, which can definitely be worked on and improved. I'd rather have a nice style of play and wait for the results to come because THEY WILL come. Compared to playing ugly and just getting results.

The signs of progression are there and I can only praise Seedorf. The development and progress of our team has been clear since day one. And, I'm really excited for next season, where we will have a starting lineup that doesn't tire after the 65th minute and we will probably improve our squad this summer as well.

Forza Seedorf and Forza Milan.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Casciavit wrote:These types of results tend to sting the most. You play so well, it's just that your finishing lets you down.

However, unlike earlier years I take many positives from this game. First, of all, our philosophy is starting to become very clear. We have enabled a high pressing game with a high tempo, based on fluid movements. Something that was never seen under Max. We attacked Juve, unlike the other way around during the days of Max. Back then, we absorbed the pressure, under Seedorf it's the complete opposite we attack the teams we face.

And compared to the previous games, we have shown we can break down the opposition and exploit the spaces in their defense. Which wasn't the case in Seedorf's first few games, as we had constantly resorted to long shots and crosses just a few weeks ago.

Perhaps, we were able to create so many chances, due to the headache Pazzini's movement caused Juve. Or our team's general play has just improved under Seedorf and we should see similar things even when Balo's starting.

We are taking steps in the right direction, as the only thing we are suffering from is finishing, which can definitely be worked on and improved. I'd rather have a nice style of play and wait for the results to come because THEY WILL come. Compared to playing ugly and just getting results.

The signs of progression are there and I can only praise Seedorf. The development and progress of our team has been clear since day one. And, I'm really excited for next season, where we will have a starting lineup that doesn't tire after the 65th minute and we will probably improve our squad this summer as well.

+1 Very much agreed
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Overall, this is much improved from the Napoli game where we looked weaker in defence and struggled to create chances. For me, a team that is creating chances in on the right track.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:30 am

Casciavit wrote:These types of results tend to sting the most. You play so well, it's just that your finishing lets you down.

thats really well said  Thumbs up 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:34 am

yea team is definitely on right track, and that we arent really making silly mistakes since napoli game. i will be satisfied for now as long as our team makes very good effort like this, or like we did against athletico. if the whole team and each players are contributing well on field in which most of them did. that show teams is on right track, and only minor details to iron out.

obviously with new recruits next summer, we can fix these issues, but for now, seedorf has to keep up with what he is doing.

as for fatigue, i agree with arq. seedorf needs plan B. team can keep up a great pressing game, great attacking and possession football, but not more than 70 mins so i think after that Milan needs a new backup plan to stabilize the team, and finding new balance.

but i am liking the how team has improved better. result is lacking but if they work hard on it, results will come

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum