M99
Tomwin Lannister
dostoevsky
Kaladin
Casciavit
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

AC Milan - Bologna FC | Serie A Matchday 24 | Feb, 14th 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: AC Milan - Bologna FC | Serie A Matchday 24 | Feb, 14th 2014

Post by M99 Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:18 am

Mario Balotelli says it is his "duty" to lead AC Milan after his wonder goal earned a 1-0 victory over Serie A strugglers Bologna.

In a match devoid of clear-cut chances, the Italy international wowed the home fans at San Siro with a stunning 35-yard effort that flew into the top corner in the 86th minute.

"I looked at the goalkeeper and saw he was a little off his line, so I hit it with full force and fortunately it went in," Balotelli told Sky Sport Italia.

"It's a good goal. The coach gives me confidence, as I am the one who has to pull the team forward and therefore it's my duty to score these goals.

"It wasn't a great game tonight, anything but."

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

AC Milan - Bologna FC | Serie A Matchday 24 | Feb, 14th 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: AC Milan - Bologna FC | Serie A Matchday 24 | Feb, 14th 2014

Post by nichabr Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:10 am

M99 wrote:Mario Balotelli says it is his "duty" to lead AC Milan after his wonder goal earned a 1-0 victory over Serie A strugglers Bologna.

In a match devoid of clear-cut chances, the Italy international wowed the home fans at San Siro with a stunning 35-yard effort that flew into the top corner in the 86th minute.

"I looked at the goalkeeper and saw he was a little off his line, so I hit it with full force and fortunately it went in," Balotelli told Sky Sport Italia.

"It's a good goal. The coach gives me confidence, as I am the one who has to pull the team forward and therefore it's my duty to score these goals.

"It wasn't a great game tonight, anything but."

Humility from Balo is exactly what I want. Makes me like him more and more.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:54 am

Has anybody else noticed the fact that Kaka, after being our best player (arguably) for the first half of the season has been horrible ever since Seedorf took over. I think it has got to do a lot with Seedorf's tactics which has curbed Kaka's directness.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:21 am

I disagree with the notion that Kaka has dropped off simply due to Seedorf as Ricky was arguably the dominant figure tactically in the opening game against Verona, however it is rather part of a grander trend as fatigue has begun to take its toll as he has been forced to play in every single game he has been available for. It must also be remembered that Ricky has been recovering from an illness and has essentially been rushed back for the good of the team rather than allowed to return in his own time.

Taarabt's inclusion has also done little to help Kaka. Whilst he was the liveliest of our attackers against Bologna, Taarabt's game is based around maximising his own touches on the ball and his own ability to beat a man rather than using his teammates and bringing them into play as Ricky would do with Robinho, who despite his frustrating play at least could not be accused of a poor understanding with Kaka. Adel lacks not simply the selflessness to use Kaka effectively but also the vision to make a quick decision and move the ball on swiftly, robbing Ricky of precious seconds that are crucial for a player in a reduced physical condition who must rely on his intelligence and movement rather than speed and acceleration to buy himself time and space.

On a more general note, this game once more demonstrated that we lack the physical fitness required of a top team. Bologna were able to bide their time in this match, waiting for us to tire before chancing their hand and pressing forward more often and aggressively in the second hand, with De Jong's withdrawal for Muntari removing an effective shield down the left channel whilst De Sciglio was visibly tiring and his use as an auxiliary winger for the most part left him too far up the pitch to recover on numerous occasions, affording Bologna a simple but effective avenue through which to attack.

Some balance was eventually returned with Poli's introduction to create a three man midfield, with Andrea's energy and determination helping to shift pressure back upon Bologna and offering a willing runner in the final third as well. It was a most encouraging debut under Seedorf for Poli and should provide ample evidence to Clarence that he must be relied upon ahead of Muntari for any role bar that of a disciplined hatchet man in front of a deep lying defence.

Much has been made of the benefits of Pazzini to Balotelli, however I think it is worth noting that Pazzo does not simply give freedom to drift but also provides an important reference point and runner to Montolivo whose superb balls over the top to Giampaolo have provided some of the best chances against both Napoli and Bologna. Honda's play too is in desperate need of a reference point at the top of our formation, both as a target and to create space for Honda in the centre with the ball and off it as a late runner into the box. With Ricky needing a rest and Honda being ineligible to play against Atletico I had hoped he would finally have been given time in Serie A in his preferred position rather than being sacrificed tactically, however his unfortunately remains an unfortunate situation.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:47 am

I disagree with the notion that Kaka has dropped off simply due to Seedorf as Ricky was arguably the dominant figure tactically in the opening game against Verona, however it is rather part of a grander trend as fatigue has begun to take its toll as he has been forced to play in every single game he has been available for. It must also be remembered that Ricky has been recovering from an illness and has essentially been rushed back for the good of the team rather than allowed to return in his own time.

I'm not saying that Kaka's drop in form is entirely down to change in tactics, while I also refuse to believe that it is just the fatigue, that is responsible for his poor performances. While fatigue and rushing back too quickly, as you mentioned might be a contributing factor to it, I believe that Allegri's gameplan was more suited to Kaka than what Seedorf has shown so far.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:13 pm

Kaka's dip in form is due to fatigue. He is still a very good footballer but doesn't have the fitness to be playing 90 min every game. Either you start him and play him for 60min or you bring him on as a super sub. I prefer the super-sub.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Blame it on fatigue all you guys want look past your love for him and you can all admit he hasn't been anywhere near good enough, he should be on the side lines, not starting every game like he has been.

I am not going to go in-depth on his performances but ever since his first game back he has looked extremely slow and lethargic and I don't think that is going to change with more play time.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:56 am

I also prefer Kaka as a super-sub.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:30 am

Even if fatigue wasn't an issue, Kaka should be taking a step back within the team for the sake of the future. Kaka may still function as an effective link in a balanced team, however he must be preserved and used sparingly. Kaka should be effectively treated as a player four years his senior; his has been an injury ravaged career and he merely invites further damage by playing two games a week. Ricky's use remains however as a standard bearer and influence within the dressing room as an experienced champion whose attitude towards training and the game remains a prime example to our youngsters.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:01 am

Soooo, you would start him?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:07 am

On occasion, I don't believe we should necessarily be tied to a set starting eleven and in Honda, Kaka and Saponara we have very healthy competition for a starting spot.

Whilst we're restricted by injuries to Robinho and El Shaarawy our hand is often rather forced with respect to our line-ups, however once everyone is fighting fit I would like to see an end to the tendency for players to go four or five games without seeing the pitch, it leaves them ill prepared when injuries do strike.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:40 pm

There is a reason why you dont see bigger teams in Serie A try to play total voetball. You need top class wingers who can dribble and pull off something extraordinary, like Taarabt really wants to do all the time, but he is afraid of losing the ball when 5 defenders are around him all the time, and that wont change in Serie A, unless we can somehow attack much quicker, which is not that likely with these players.

I also understand why it would be nice to have someone like Pazzini in our starting formation, because Balotelli is in many ways a problem in our build up play, cause he doesnt move much like for instance how Barcelona forwards do.
We love Balo for his X factor, but he will continue to be isolated with the current lineup.

Honda doesnt move that much either, or doesnt have any pace to be a threat out on the left wing. I agree that he should somehow be put behind the striker, or I dont see how this formation is gonna work.

Would be nice to see Pazzini starting with Balotelli somehow, take some pressure from Mario.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:18 am

Kaka's been awful for a while. Was great in the beginning of the season, but ever since Seedorf joined he's been very average. Can't create, runs into nowhere and loses the ball. His strength on the ball is awful, considering every time he goes on a run someone manages to strip the ball off him. Also has stamina issues where he's gassed out after 60 minutes.

I think we should be playing Honda as a CAM, and leave Kaka as a super sub TBH.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:15 pm

marketing boy has been a major disappointment so far.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:00 pm

You guys are unbelievable. I'm baffled as to see how many haven't seen Kaka's drop in form out of fatigue and the fact that Seedorf is playing him a system that makes it very difficult to perform his role.

Similar to the mistake Wenger is making with Özil in having two wide playmakers who will always trail down narrow centrally. Kaka has a CF that doesn't make any off-ball runs, has had two cumbersome players outwide effectively seeing a very narrow play for Kaka which is devoid of any space and freedom to create given the incongruent use of this 4-2-3-1.

Lest we forget he was our best player within Allegri's 4-3-2-1 as it's no coincidence his form has dropped in a semantic to which doesn't suit him, useless pivot notwithstanding.

Not all is black and white.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:27 am

I think Kaka's drop in form is down to fatigue only.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:17 am

Arquitescu wrote:You guys are unbelievable. I'm baffled as to see how many haven't seen Kaka's drop in form out of fatigue and the fact that Seedorf is playing him a system that makes it very difficult to perform his role.

Similar to the mistake Wenger is making with Özil in having two wide playmakers who will always trail down narrow centrally. Kaka has a CF that doesn't make any off-ball runs, has had two cumbersome players outwide effectively seeing a very narrow play for Kaka which is devoid of any space and freedom to create given the incongruent use of this 4-2-3-1.

Lest we forget he was our best player within Allegri's 4-3-2-1 as it's no coincidence his form has dropped in a semantic to which doesn't suit him, useless pivot notwithstanding.

Not all is black and white.
The question must be asked, why build the entire system around an ageing Kaka?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3